Thread: hot dogs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Can be made from any meat, or soy.
    Yep. I like the ones from a local farmer's market which are made from Bison. Very tender.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Hot Dogs are tacos

tomato sauce, maybe mustard if i'm feeling adventurous

5+ Year Old Account
    Chili cheese or Chicago style. I'm ignoring brats because that's an entirely different game but I love those too (if not more).
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Hot dogs are the bomb-diggity. That said, simpler the better for me. If it’s a high quality dog, you want the flavors to come out. Just simple mustard and maybe grilled onions. Bacon if I’m feeling ... sinful.

All-beef, grilled or baked (seriously try it, throw some dogs on a sheet of parchment on a cookie sheet in the oven on 350, roll occasionally, take out when done), in a New England style bun (the ones that look like little pieces of bread, as opposed to a little grinder roll), with ketchup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, hot dogs are one of those guilty pleasures you eat once in three months, the poor sibling of the hamburger. So I don't go for high quality. For the sausage, I'm fine with the inexpensive chicken sausage. And I take simple buns too. The ones that you grill, not the steamed ones. For the sauces, I like relish, ketchup and mustard. The good ol' yellow mustard that stains. Not Dijon. Dijon in hot dogs is too fancy. Dijon is for burgers (Obama was right). When I feel like it, I will add onions and sauerkraut.

And a cola to help it go down and burp it in due time. In Québec, we jokingly call hot dogs "roteux" (rot-uh), "burpies".

"Deux roteux all-dress pis un coke, s'il vous plait."
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    All-beef, grilled or baked (seriously try it, throw some dogs on a sheet of parchment on a cookie sheet in the oven on 350, roll occasionally, take out when done), in a New England style bun (the ones that look like little pieces of bread, as opposed to a little grinder roll), with ketchup.
    I use a cast iron fry pan to bake hot dogs when I'm feeling truly lazy,a little butter smeared on the bottom of the pan before cooking makes them truly delicious.

Chicago dogs, I usually have at least 5 of it then i am good for the whole day till next meal.

Chili cheese if I have to have them, but I will usually pick something else, or a bratwurst which is think is much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Chicago Buddhist, of course!
    "One with everything"
    Yeah but when you overpay they don't give you any money back because "change comes from within"
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I don't live there any more, but this restaurant has bomb hotdogs:

https://www.urbanhotdogcompany.com/

They specialize in gourmet unique dogs, like that bahn-mi above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toasted bun, 100% beef dog, sauerkraut, dill relish, spicy mustard, ketchup.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo
    I don't live there any more, but this restaurant has bomb hotdogs
    Damn it. Not sold near airports then!
    @Gestopft Grasshopper, you must contemplate, what did you do in a past life to deserve this.
    "The dog you get is the dog you deserve, now shut up and eat it" Dharma Dogs!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.