Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Possible reason why WoW players are always grumpy/discussing "changes"

If you take a step back here on the forums, people are always mad, angry, grumpy, discussing the so called "changes" to the game.
    IMO...is because we are not having a "good time" at all.
    We do not feel ecstasy playing the game.

You are supposed to feel ecstasy if you trully enjoy something

People like Asmongold say they "enjoy" the game.
    Nope
    They just find it pleasant and comforting. They just "live by"

You are supposed to feel an amazing feeling while playing.

And before you think i will say is Blizzards fault. NO its NOT

Is our fault for being so antisocial and a zombie doing dailies.

-----

What i have done to counter being a "zombie doing dailies and just living by" (in another MMO) is..........i meet new people everyday and play with them.
    Talk about life in chat
    Use the /say function in cities (which i guarantee people will ignore you in WoW because of how braindead people are, and antisocial)

Also "create your own game"
    Do something fun outside the "gameplay" Blizzard delivers and "create your own social game interaction"

-----

I have no idea what you should do to create a social network sandbox gameplay in WoW...but use your imagination i guess

I wish you all a good day.

Im sick and tired of discussing CHANGES! We need changes! Changes this, changes that! Fuck that, im out of this craziness.
    Enjoy life and enjoy other people company

And yes...i roleplay ingame a lot

Thanks for letting me know how I should enjoy my gaming experience. I will uninstall WoW right now and go enjoy social life in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Thanks for letting me know how I should enjoy my gaming experience. I will uninstall WoW right now and go enjoy social life in the real world.
    Hey brother.
    This is just what i think and is mostly for introvert people who are nerds and dont interact a lot

Im glad u have a healthy real life with lots of friends

But some of "us" do not

Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    If you take a step back here on the forums, people are always mad, angry, grumpy, discussing the so called "changes" to the game.
    IMO...is because we are not having a "good time" at all.
    We do not feel ecstasy playing the game.

You are supposed to feel ecstasy if you trully enjoy something

Nope

You are supposed to feel an amazing feeling while playing.

Is our fault for being so antisocial and a zombie doing dailies.

-----

What i have done to counter being a "zombie doing dailies and just living by" (in another MMO) is..........i meet new people everyday and play with them.
    Talk about life in chat
    Use the /say function in cities (which i guarantee people will ignore you in WoW because of how braindead people are, and antisocial)

Also "create your own game"
    Do something fun outside the "gameplay" Blizzard delivers and "create your own social game interaction"

-----

I have no idea what you should do to create a social network sandbox gameplay in WoW...but use your imagination i guess

I wish you all a good day.

Im sick and tired of discussing CHANGES! We need changes! Changes this, changes that! Fuck that, im out of this craziness.
    Enjoy life and enjoy other people company

And yes...i roleplay ingame a lot
    Or, you know, a large portion of the playerbase could just be change averse?

It's pretty obvious the majority doesn't enjoy the game, but if you've been playing it for years its hard to just let go. Considering how the MMO market is almost all new games are probably going to fail or drastically drop in population due to the hype and entertainment value of "the next big thing" dying off. It's happened with nearly every MMO and only the die hard fans still stick around in those games. People are just angry though because the game feels like its going further and further down the shitter every year and no matter what they suggest blizzard will still slam the door in their face and tell them to go somewhere else if they dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Speaking personally... there are aspects of the game I enjoy a lot. But over the past few years, those have been gradually gated behind a system of shit that both devalues the content I like (by making it easier due to the accessibility of gear) and limits my ability to play it (because I have to get through the gates).

I have taken your advice and have been mostly unsubbed for the past 4 years. I recently subbed during the coronavirus pandemic, got AOTC within a month, got 3 mythic bosses down, and then hit my usual roadblock (I don't want to commit to specific raiding times, so I'm never going to do mythic, and after gearing a main I never want to go through the grind again so I never have alts anymore), so I unsubbed. Not buying Shadowlands.
    Im personally a introvert and shy person. Zombie and anti social.

And it helped me immensely playing the entire game just for the "people" and not for the "gameplay"

Ofc with ingame friendships comes Pros and Cons. Drama and stuff. But it usually feels nice And is the reason why i stick with the game im playing.
    This may only work for introverts though...idk

But for me is Friendships first and gamepley last.

10+ Year Old Account
    im out of this craziness.
    Yeah right.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyDPS View Post
    Or, you know, a large portion of the playerbase could just be change averse?
    I think it's more likely that the Blizzard team for WoW has a bad habit of making changes that don't make a lot of sense to players. Even high-end players that operate at the Mythic level on a regular basis, with a strong understanding of the game beyond that of the average player.

So when even the number-crunching wizard players are grumbling about changes, and Blizzard pushes them through anyway....what kind of message does that send? And what kind of response SHOULD the players be having when that becomes a regular practice from the Devs?

I don't think it's necessarily that players are change-adverse. I think it's that they're adverse to BAD changes.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think it's more likely that the Blizzard team for WoW has a bad habit of making changes that don't make a lot of sense to players. Even high-end players that operate at the Mythic level on a regular basis, with a strong understanding of the game beyond that of the average player.

So when even the number-crunching wizard players are grumbling about changes, and Blizzard pushes them through anyway....what kind of message does that send? And what kind of response SHOULD the players be having when that becomes a regular practice from the Devs?

I don't think it's necessarily that players are change-adverse. I think it's that they're adverse to BAD changes.
    Changes changes changes changes.
    Turn on Asmongold...changes
    Turn on PreachGaming...changes
    Bellular? Changes!
    Turn on MMO-C...asking for changes

Please...just have fun XD

Im pretty sure there is a social game ingame u can create to have fun The fun is there waiting for you, you just dont know it yet

(when i say "you" is not you specifically SirCowdog)

I would say most players are fine with the game. The poeple here don't represent the playerbase as a whole.

Also, Blizz has tried to introduce new things and players just complain (permanent covenant choices?..)

Change for the sake of change isn't good either.

I also don't agree with the idea that you should feel "in ecstasy" all the time. If you want a continuous instant gratification then look for other genres. That's something that's (in my opinion) ruining this genre. Everything has to be *now* with flashy lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    This isn't your fucking blog.
    Pretty sure it's some people's.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

15+ Year Old Account
    Post this on ur Tumblr blog.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

It is entirely possible for a good game to become miserable due entirely due to the players' perspectives of it and treatment of each other. I've criticized it throughout this expansion where people seem dead set on hating new content the second it hits alpha, rather than ever daring to think "oh, neat, new content, sounds like fun."

It's like rushing to the endgame in classic through extremely un-fun means and then going "Uhhhh, crap. Now what? That wasn't fun. Now we have nothing left to do. Does that mean the game sucks?"

I've had the most fun this expansion once distanced from this cesspool of hate and let myself RP and be immersed in the video game. Even when I wasn't doing something "productive." Daresay especially then.

When it stops feeling like a video game and starts feeling like a job, you need to change your mindset, that's not always the game's fault.

This guy did a surprisingly good video on people feeling the same sort of burnout in runescape. I think it's remarkably comparable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

"Players don't like changes, because they're anti-social". Nice logic.
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/7VS4Ram.jpg[/IG]
    Last edited by Splenda; 2020-08-09 at 11:20 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It is entirely possible for a good game to become miserable due entirely due to the players' perspectives of it and treatment of each other. I've criticized it throughout this expansion where people seem dead set on hating new content the second it hits alpha, rather than ever daring to think "oh, neat, new content, sounds like fun."

It's like rushing to the endgame in classic through extremely un-fun means and then going "Uhhhh, crap. Now what? That wasn't fun. Now we have nothing left to do. Does that mean the game sucks?"

I've had the most fun this expansion once distanced from this cesspool of hate and let myself RP and be immersed in the video game. Even when I wasn't doing something "productive." Daresay especially then.

When it stops feeling like a video game and starts feeling like a job, you need to change your mindset, that's not always the game's fault.

This guy did a surprisingly good video on people feeling the same sort of burnout in runescape. I think it's remarkably comparable.
    Ill watch the video now
    Try and have fun Powerogue the hard part is finding good people who are willing to roleplay/talk with you
    Sometimes is not even hard to find. Depends on luck.

The reason is simple. They played the game for too long without a break, are burned out but still carry on.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Of course part of this issue is Blizz's fault. Don't be ridiculous. The argument isn't whether Blizz has fault in this matter, but how much of the fault lies on Blizz's shoulders. I would argue that the majority lies on their shoulders.

Blizz took a moderately in depth MMORPG and culled most of the RPG elements out of it. They turned this game into a simple spreadsheet / simulation driven DPS meter extravaganza. They went from a moderately poor "bring the class" into a massively miserable "bring the epeen meter".

There is little need for social in this game because everything is trivial. When is the last time you leveled? I don't know what is more horrifying...the fact that it is just charge into every group of mobs mentality anymore, or the fact that it works. Leveling has become as asinine as end game.

Blizz took a mildly thoughtful game and turned it into a mindless clickfest. Most people have left the game because it is abysmally boring. They provide a fraction of the content that they used for the same price, so you are stuck playing the same dungeons / raids over and over and over and over again to get the same gear you already had with mildly better stats. Why is there a need to be social with suck mechanics? Very little need exists.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Of course part of this issue is Blizz's fault. Don't be ridiculous. The argument isn't whether Blizz has fault in this matter, but how much of the fault lies on Blizz's shoulders. I would argue that the majority lies on their shoulders.

Blizz took a moderately in depth MMORPG and culled most of the RPG elements out of it. They turned this game into a simple spreadsheet / simulation driven DPS meter extravaganza. They went from a moderately poor "bring the class" into a massively miserable "bring the epeen meter".

There is little need for social in this game because everything is trivial. When is the last time you leveled? I don't know what is more horrifying...the fact that it is just charge into every group of mobs mentality anymore, or the fact that it works. Leveling has become as asinine as end game.

Blizz took a mildly thoughtful game and turned it into a mindless clickfest. Most people have left the game because it is abysmally boring. They provide a fraction of the content that they used for the same price, so you are stuck playing the same dungeons / raids over and over and over and over again to get the same gear you already had with mildly better stats. Why is there a need to be social with suck mechanics? Very little need exists.
    I partially agree but i think you can have an extreme amount of fun in the game...right now.
    You just need to create your own game.
    In my case is a social network sandbox interaction while we play the game. Mixed with "roleplay".
    Speaking in cites
    Using chat
    Talk about life and whatnot

Just being who i like to be

Other people might be different though.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-08-09 at 07:15 PM.

Nope
    Episode #327 of everyone else is doing it wrong, i play the game correctly and no one else really enjoys it, because they are playing the game wrong.

Personally, i enjoy pleasant and comforting things.

But hey, if you want to spend box price + $15 a month for a glorified chat simulator, more power to you.