Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What common grocery items do you never Buy?

I would say
    Alcohol
    Salads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I buy what is required, some days i go for food, some other days i need cleaning products and so on. There are no impossibles with me .

15+ Year Old Account
    Avocado.
    Bread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cooking oils, bread, alcohol. I'm sure much more.

Alcohol.

I don't partake, both parents are sober alcoholics and I just never got the appeal of feeling that you're not in full control.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really like to ask random personal questions, don't you? It's just super weird at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I have a mental block on qtips.

I'm not sure what it is. I know I need them. Yet I can go to the store a dozen times and never get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... nothing comes to mind. I switch it up a lot.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Paper towels. I think they’re so wasteful.
    They might be wasteful money wise but resources wise they are an efficient use of cut down trees and are biodegradable.

Were probably more energy efficient than wash clothes before HE washers became common

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Hot sauce.

I never use hot sauce.
    Putin khuliyo

Maybe canned fruits/veggies? Those were pretty common in my family growing up. Most of the canned stuff I get is either a tomato product or some sort of bean. Also coffee. I don't drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    Salads.
    Man, I depend on grocery store salads for a few meals a week. Lots of varieties, varying ingredients, right size for the family dinner, lets me focus more on the other parts of a meal. It's great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    Cooking oils
    HOW?! I have like seven different oils in my cabinet. Or more, including various infused olive oils.

- - - Updated - - -

Paper towels.
    I have soooo many questions...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Booze since I don't drink anymore.
    Bread and milk since they always go bad before I'm even close to finishing them.
    Pre packaged deli meat since it's gross and i rarely buy bread anyway.
    Soda since I'm an adult.

It would be easier to say what I do buy. Coffee, eggs, Sparkling water, Tortillas, Salsa (or stuff to make salsa if i'm not feeling lazy), cleaning supplies, and hygiene supplies. I don't really cook and get all my meals delivered or buy something at work, except breakfast.

Pasta and Noodles
    I started making my own. Exception being more complex things such as Ramen noodles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Booze since I don't drink anymore.
    Bread and milk since they always go bad before I'm even close to finishing them.
    Pre packaged deli meat since it's gross and i rarely buy bread anyway.
    Soda since I'm an adult.

It would be easier to say what I do buy. Coffee, eggs, Sparkling water, Tortillas, Salsa (or stuff to make salsa if i'm not feeling lazy), cleaning supplies, and hygiene supplies. I don't really cook and get all my meals delivered or buy something at work, except breakfast.
    Adults don't buy soda? Sparkling water is just soda without sugar, or sometimes just a sugar substitute, You know what, soda is just sparkling water with HFCS or cane sugar.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Beer, it made me fat a little, I gave up on it completely and now I'm slim again .
    Last edited by jamescl; 2020-08-28 at 10:33 PM.

margarine
    soup
    yogurt
    sliced meat

Like what I use instead?

To dry my hands I use a cotton hand towel. To wipe up spills I use a damp cotton cloth.
    I don't usually dry my hands with a paper towel; I have dedicated hand towels (and dish towels). I'm just thinking of all the other things I use paper towels for, like draining cooked foods or rinsed herbs, patting meats dry, etc. When I was in restaurants towels were used for everything- it's just that there was a TON of laundry, so other than patting meats dry, I could see how you do without. The really baffling one to me was the cooking oils.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2020-08-16 at 02:40 PM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Potatoes. I don't cook.

The only canned product I buy is soups, haven't bought canned fruits, veggies, meats, etc since I have a decent fridge. It does put me at risk with power outages but I'll cross that bridge when it appears.

Potatoes. I'm fine with fries and hash but I'm not a fan of the potatoes in general.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Alcohol is a common grocery item?
    Why wouldn't it be? Lots of people drink it, at least occasionally. Or did you mean that because it's not a food item?
    -Louis Brandeis