View Poll Results: Should lor'themar be crowned king?

Voters
49. This poll is closed
  • Yes

24 48.98%
  • No

25 51.02%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason they dont have a King is because Lor'themar refuses to accept the position. Just about every glimpse we get into the subject shows that the people want him as king but he refuses to take up the position officially even though he is basically king in all but name.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    No heir to the throne and they still are monarchy. Untill they change from monarchy or unknown heir claiming the throne Lor'themar holds his position
    What about reestablishing Azshara's dynasty? We can place one of her eggs on the throne.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Should lor'themar be crowned king of Silvermoon?
    must have a new title as lord protector of quel'thalas republic! like cromwell when he defeated the monarchy in the english civil war

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're lucky he returns to us and legitimize lor'themars rulership.
    Isn't he pretty much reviled by the entire nation of silvermoon? With the whole traitor king deal and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Lor'themar has made almost decisions to ditch the Horde and move to the Alliance; he's better off as an advisor to Rommath instead lest there be scenarios that would actually make him go team blue. Rommath is no-nonsense, pragmatic, and straight to the point and he went through thick and thin with Kael'thas following the events that made the Blood Elves what they are. Rommath for High King
    Rommath is an incompetent fool brainwashed by the Sunwell. I don't treat him seriously since his attack on Empyrean Society.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    After all this time. Why is Lor'themar Theron still regent lord?
    must have a new title as lord protector of quel'thalas republic! like cromwell when he defeated the monarchy in the english civil war

10+ Year Old Account
    Because hes one of the last few good leaders.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    You want him to rule Silvermoon but still you vote no on the matter of him being king? Why?

You want him to rule Silvermoon but still you vote no on the matter of him being king? Why?
    because quelthalas no longer has a king, that's why he talks about republic and lord protector

I believe they said it was out of respect for King Anastarian. Even Kael'Thas was considered "Prince."

I'd be curious if they addressed this if the blood elves ever meet Kael or Anastarian in the shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Rommath is an incompetent fool brainwashed by the Sunwell. I don't treat him seriously since his attack on Empyrean Society.
    I had to google that. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Grand_Magister_Rommath Yeah it's a bit "pot calling the kettle black" to be investigating fel cults given the blood elven history. Still, back then it was out of desperation towards survival, and ended horribly for them. Now they have the sunwell and no such excuses, especially when the burning legion is literally on their doorstep killing people and they still have the gall to be like "hmmm, this fel stuff is pretty nice, we should totally take in more of this energy. What's the worst that could happen?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I believe they said it was out of respect for King Anastarian. Even Kael'Thas was considered "Prince."

I'd be curious if they addressed this if the blood elves ever meet Kael or Anastarian in the shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

I had to google that. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Grand_Magister_Rommath Yeah it's a bit "pot calling the kettle black" to be investigating fel cults given the blood elven history. Still, back then it was out of desperation towards survival, and ended horribly for them. Now they have the sunwell and no such excuses, especially when the burning legion is literally on their doorstep killing people and they still have the gall to be like "hmmm, this fel stuff is pretty nice, we should totally take in more of this energy. What's the worst that could happen?"
    I hope kael'thas gives lor'themar a good pep talk and reassures him he has done good as leader so far.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Rommath is a bad grand magister that somehow fights against progress as if he was a high priest. He doesn't deserve a promotion.
    Uhm what are you on about? Rommath is the only small thing left of the original blood elf attitude, he could have been a cool more offensive type of leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Uhm what are you on about? Rommath is the only small thing left of the original blood elf attitude, he could have been a cool more offensive type of leader.
    Rommath did nothing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lor'themar is "alright" as Regent Lord and still has some degree of shared power with the other prominent Blood Elf leadership so that he won't end up dooming them in the end or allowing the risk of such happening if they established another new Prince or elected a singular commanding figure head as they haven't had a king for ages. I mean Lor'themar hasn't had a perfect track record:
    Lor'themar: "I'm disillusioned with the Horde, Let's join the Alliance."
    Alliance backs Blood Elf Genocide in Dalaran
    Lor'themar: "Okay nevermind, at least Garrosh hasn't started slaughtering us. Oh wait, he's gone after Trolls and Tauren and now there's a rebellion against him. Better join that for safety reasons."
    *Couple expansions later*
    Lor'themar: "I've grown to mistrust Sylvanas, we should join the Alliance and assist this rebellion effort."
    Rebellion murders a bunch of Blood Elves
    Lor'themar "Um..."

But at least he's balanced out with Rommath.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Considering that one of Lor'themar's in-game lines is "Never again shall a king reign in Silvermoon", I doubt that he'll ever become a king (or allow someone else to) as long as he is in power.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rommath did nothing wrong.
    And underused.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Considering that one of Lor'themar's in-game lines is "Never again shall a king reign in Silvermoon", I doubt that he'll ever become a king (or allow someone else to) as long as he is in power.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Their fel use was pretty controlled. Nothing bad happened. Not to mention that Illidari are using fel without hestitation and nothing happens. Let's face it, Rommath is wrong.

Do you REALLY want more attention from Blizzard on Bob and the Fabulous Elves? Think carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Didn't Lor'themar say that the Sin'dorei will never have monarchy again and they are better off without it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Not really, he considers fel, void and necromancy unacceptable. He looks more like that idiot Malfurion than real blood elf. He is a symbol of everything wrong with blood elves: sorcerer that regrets his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Do you REALLY want more attention from Blizzard on Bob and the Fabulous Elves? Think carefully.
    Sure. It is high time we forgot about orcs.