View Poll Results: Should lor'themar be crowned king?

Voters
49. This poll is closed
  • Yes

24 48.98%
  • No

25 51.02%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Rommath is an incompetent fool brainwashed by the Sunwell. I don't treat him seriously since his attack on Empyrean Society.
    we have warlocks everywhere who can walk freely. Surely the Empyreans' study of fel isn't the main reason why they are villains?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Sure. It is high time we forgot about orcs.
    I had no idea you wanted to see the Blood Elves completely ruined. Fine by me, those self-serving pricks more than have it coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I had no idea you wanted to see the Blood Elves completely ruined. Fine by me, those self-serving pricks more than have it coming.
    They can't be ruined more than they are at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As for Rommath, does he have any character other than being angry at someone?
    He threatens Lor'themar death and both of them consider it fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    we have warlocks everywhere who can walk freely. Surely the Empyreans' study of fel isn't the main reason why they are villains?
    Game seems to show fel use as the main reason. They also have some contact with Vargoth but Vargoth is officially a good guy.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Lorthemar Caesar would never accept the crown!

He will, however, continue to kill all rulers he doesn't like while doing so. Dude's got a long track record for a peaceful stand-in title.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they have hinted several times, that Lor'themar is actually just the "king" of Silvermoon and the Blood elves, but that they don't want to tell him or crown him. It seems like the Blood Elves are happy with him as a leader, so.... don't fix what ain't broke??
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Lorthemar Caesar would never accept the crown!

He will, however, continue to kill all rulers he doesn't like while doing so. Dude's got a long track record for a peaceful stand-in title.
    Which ruler(s) did Lor'themar kill? I can't recall any...

Let me ask a question a GM asked me in a P&P session once: "Do you practice any of these crimes: Demonology, Demagogy, Democracy?!!"

Well, the question is what kind of government they want to have.

If they wanted to keep a monarchy then they should indeed choose a new lineage to rule, since Anatherion's line died with Kael. Unless of course he had a bastard somewhere that can be declared ruler. If not it would come down to a vote of the noble houses and one of them being appointed the new ruler.
    (for a glorious show on how this could look, I heartily recommend Abercrombies "First Law" Book 3)

However, I assume the fact, that their last monarch has gone crazy and allied with omnicidal demons to drown the universe in blood, has made them unhappy with the concept of monarchy, so they prefer to live under a dictatorship (in the ancient roman sense) with Lorthemar at the helm. Not that there is a huge difference.

So, back when WC3 was afoot, the king, Anestarian Sunstrider had fallen with the city of Silvermoon when Arthas and the scourge invaded. The last on the Sunstrider line, Kael'thas refused the crown, stating that his father was to be the last true king of Silvermoon.

The Blood elves are no longer the high elves in a political sense, as well as in a fundamental sense, now. Kael'thas made it clear, the blood elves were to find their own way in the world of Azeroth, and that the Monarchy system would no longer operate under any king. Now, we know that Kael'thas turned out to be a bad seed at the end of the day, but I'm also convinced he was not a mustache-twirling villain, he was pushed to that by his allies betraying him time and time and time again.

Silvermoon should have no king. In much the same way the Horde should have no warchief, but I think should have a High Chieftain with a counsel, the same could be said of the Blood Elves. In fact, if it were in my hands to organize, I would invite the Nightborne as kin, to also be part of the council, if they chose. And call me a racist, but the rest of the Horde can stay out. Elves are too refined, and too wise to allow elements of other races to taint their cultures.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Let me ask a question a GM asked me in a P&P session once: "Do you practice any of these crimes: Demonology, Demagogy, Democracy?!!"

Well, the question is what kind of government they want to have.

If they wanted to keep a monarchy then they should indeed choose a new lineage to rule, since Anatherion's line died with Kael. Unless of course he had a bastard somewhere that can be declared ruler. If not it would come down to a vote of the noble houses and one of them being appointed the new ruler.
    (for a glorious show on how this could look, I heartily recommend Abercrombies "First Law" Book 3)

However, I assume the fact, that their last monarch has gone crazy and allied with omnicidal demons to drown the universe in blood, has made them unhappy with the concept of monarchy, so they prefer to live under a dictatorship (in the ancient roman sense) with Lorthemar at the helm. Not that there is a huge difference.
    they could asspull a random daughter of Lysana or whatever her name, or make a random asspull "Eldin Sunstrider" that was part of the Outland Expedition
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Not really, he considers fel, void and necromancy unacceptable. He looks more like that idiot Malfurion than real blood elf. He is a symbol of everything wrong with blood elves: sorcerer that regrets his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. It is high time we forgot about orcs.
    Rommath is an amazing character. You sir have issues.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a line of succession though? So Theron is Regent, what happens when he dies? The Convocation of Silvermoon is no longer around, he just has advisors? Do Liadrin, Rommath and Halduron have a bake off to find who is the next Regent?
    It is mighty irresponsible in a world at constant war to not have a clean plan for succession.

As for Rommath, does he have any character other than being angry at someone?
    Nope.. the only chance would be if kael somehow gets out of shadowlands and take hes right.
    There was a distint reletive with the fire mage artifact, bit she was more like a far away cousin so she had no rights appearntly.

With keal being the traitor who he was/is... people.of silvermoon will always view him like that. If he manages to get out of the shadowlands and return to silvermoon.. with hes sins removed and being punnished he can only thank lorthe mar for keeping the city alive and hope for hes people to let him in, in the first place.

I hope it happends, I would love to see the reaction of Rommath.

As for Rommath argument.. he was fiercly loyal to Kael and wanted the same for hes people what ever the stakes.
    So him being against void( which is obvious cus of the sunwell and everyone knows void and light dont work well together) fel or what ever. It doesnt matter realy.. more people were against it.. at the crucial moment, you do anything to stay alive. It doesnt change the fact he wears the old blood elf attitude till this day, he is just underused and hes only cool moment was the purge and its no longer in game. At one point in cata alpha or beta he had some voicelines were he was appearntly the twillight traitor, it never made it live for some reason.

As it stands and with the whole of silvermoon and its people back him up as leader I dont think any one will try to claim in. Bob will there as reagent lord unless some one gets under hes skin and tell him he should be king, which I dont see happening honestly.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-08-19 at 10:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Lor'themar is "alright" as Regent Lord and still has some degree of shared power with the other prominent Blood Elf leadership so that he won't end up dooming them in the end or allowing the risk of such happening if they established another new Prince or elected a singular commanding figure head as they haven't had a king for ages. I mean Lor'themar hasn't had a perfect track record:
    Lor'themar: "I'm disillusioned with the Horde, Let's join the Alliance."
    Alliance backs Blood Elf Genocide in Dalaran
    Lor'themar: "Okay nevermind, at least Garrosh hasn't started slaughtering us. Oh wait, he's gone after Trolls and Tauren and now there's a rebellion against him. Better join that for safety reasons."
    *Couple expansions later*
    Lor'themar: "I've grown to mistrust Sylvanas, we should join the Alliance and assist this rebellion effort."
    Rebellion murders a bunch of Blood Elves
    Lor'themar "Um..."

But at least he's balanced out with Rommath.
    Lor'themar decisions are based on what he feels is the best case for the Blood Elves on whole to survive. Just because some Blood Elves die is irrelevant to him, it is to keep the Blood Elves alive as a race.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's because the Blood Elves HAVE chosen a new king: Lor'themar.

Lor'themar is King of Silvermoon in all but name. He literally doesn't want the title, but even considering his advisors as equals to him, they clearly look to him as their defacto leader in all matters. The Blood Elves WANT Lor'themar to be king at this point - He himself has turned down officially taking the title, though, despite there being no clear path to the monarchy ever returning, nor him ever being let down from his post save death - In which case, who knows what would happen, Rommath might be next in line?
    Great move, it opens up for something else. Council maybe? Way later though or after his pasing.

Lor'themar is great!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Great move, it opens up for something else. Council maybe? Way later though or after his pasing.

Lor'themar is great!
    Lor'themar is very great indeed.

No. I want Kael'thas back.
    This, or a character that is part of the Sunstrider family.
    I also rather have a mage as leader then a ranger like lor'themar i see a race based on magic having a ranger leader bit wierd.

Also you got Prince Nallorath that they can build up aswell.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-08-19 at 11:24 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rommath is only used narratively to show the Blood Elves being angry with someone. That's his spot in the story. Need to show anger to the Alliance? Rommath pops up! Hate Alleria? Rommath pops up! Oh he also shows up when the Horde needs a mage stand in for Jaina but he got that spot taken away from him from Thalyssra. He is not much of a character, he is just a narrative tool.

If Blizzard cared about building up the lore (they don't they just want to tell "epic" stories and hope lore doesn't get in the way too much) then Theron should have rebuild the Convocation by now. Then if he fell, the rest of the Convocation could elevate someone else to the Regency. A dictatorship adviced by an oligarchy makes sense for the blood elves as they are now.
    I guss you can view it that way...not sure if I agree, but one thing we can say is he is underused. I didnt type the whole thing just to get back hes only a angry blood elf.. hes attitude never changed and nathanos never changed hes attitude as well and he was loved before as well. The sudden turn on these characters suprise me, when people want lore characters to be consistant and relevant. They are exactly that. Hes still the same character and I can only appriciate that. Only in the shadow of bob.

Its with alot of characters from bc.. who just never got the right develepment. Rommath is one of these.. he is still relevant in the end when the magi on azeroth/silvermoon excist.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-08-19 at 12:30 PM.

So great he almost defected to Alliance. Alas Jaina was on the rag that week.
    He's full team horde now. He even says lok'tar in the new novel

- - - Updated - - -

So great he almost defected to Alliance. Alas Jaina was on the rag that week.
    Your bait posts can't touch me.

They can't be ruined more than they are at this point.
    NEVER underestimate Blizzard's ability to ruin something even more than it already is. They always find a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Their fel use was pretty controlled. Nothing bad happened. Not to mention that Illidari are using fel without hestitation and nothing happens. Let's face it, Rommath is wrong.
    Nothing bad happened.

Some bad things happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

Some bad things happened.
    Suddenly Rommath gets proven right.