Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Anyway the signs are already there across various forums and communities, people are beginning to realize this is just "isometric" BDO without the whole lifeskilling micromanaging, and leave pretty quick after that realization.

A population crash is inbound rather soon.
    My bold prediction is that Water is wet.

Seriously. Every new game has a population crash, not a single one maintains its launch population for an extended period of time.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So, if you go into the options menu and turn off auto-load gathering UI it prevents the UI and commands from swapping every time you tap a node.

This is the third best thing I did today.

Anyway the signs are already there across various forums and communities, people are beginning to realize this is just "isometric" BDO without the whole lifeskilling micromanaging, and leave pretty quick after that realization.

Except BDO has like zero pve end game and this game is loaded with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's one of the things i noticed watching my streamer play is once you hit 50 there's SO MUCH you can do in PVE content. As opposed to other Asian MMOs that the endgame is PVP only
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I can see the population holding up for a few months. But I legit start to feel the burn, and I say this as someone that had a very good initial experience, I was enjoying myself quite a bit til East Luterra. Now, I want to start trying the raids (and it's impressive that a game that apparently focuses on raiding takes 100 hours to get there, while I took 40 hours into ARR to start doing coils, the extremes and the crystal tower storyline)

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So, if you go into the options menu and turn off auto-load gathering UI it prevents the UI and commands from swapping every time you tap a node.

This is the third best thing I did today.
    Awesome. Lost count at the amount of times I did a scan of the area instead of doing an Air Drop on mobs after gathering something.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Do we have any ETA (except the usual "soon") for the new West Europe region ?
    Seems it will be up in 30min?

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/int...-region/149166

Entire new Europe region in 30min and without server maintenance....weird

what is up with their naming policy? when the new servers popped i thought i'd have a look so i tried to use the name of my main character on the new one but wasn't allowed. it wasn't taken or anything because that message is different.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    what is up with their naming policy? when the new servers popped i thought i'd have a look so i tried to use the name of my main character on the new one but wasn't allowed. it wasn't taken or anything because that message is different.
    Names are shared across all regions, once a name is taken it's taken forever on all servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Names are shared across all regions, once a name is taken it's taken forever on all servers.
    not true. i have other names on both. just wouldn't let me have that one for some reason.

or maybe they count them a separate regions because they go by different time zones.
    Last edited by Lex Icon; 2022-02-17 at 09:44 PM.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    I couldn't use the nickname "Beer Wolf" that I've used since the 90s because it had "Beer" in it, never mind the fact alcoholic drinks are sold in this game... -.-;

If you hold CTRL and use mouse wheel up or down, you can cycle through cursor colors on-the-fly. This is really helpful in later dungeons where the cursor can be tough to see amid all the spell effects and group terrain.

This is the 2nd best thing I did today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If you hold CTRL and use mouse wheel up or down, you can cycle through cursor colors on-the-fly. This is really helpful in later dungeons where the cursor can be tough to see amid all the spell effects and group terrain.

This is the 2nd best thing I did today.
    Make it larger in the Accessibilities options.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Make it larger in the Accessibilities options.
    One of the first things I did in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You ain't getting the fox anymore
    You are, because the fox is not one of the four "tier" drops that are part of the regional competition thing. The fox is tied to specific streamers (including Asmongold) and should go til March 1st I think. Go to

https://www.twitch.tv/drops/campaigns

and click on Lost Ark and you can see which streamers give the fox (and which give the current tier drop which is now at the maximum tier 4 for the hoverboard mount which I would guess will continue to be active now until March 1st also).

So...i found this pants while leveling...ill keep them...for sentimental value (>_<)' lol

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I regret buying a founders pack. That is all.
    Yeah I've come to realize most "Collector's Editions" Aren't really all that special, if everyone is special, then no one is special. You can obtain many items in-game that are cool.
    That said, I am not really into this game tbh. The JRPG's of the 90's and 2000's were different. Ever since the Anime boom, any Asian game developer has tried to insert massive boobs and sex appeal into their games to appeal to the lowest common denominator, young male libido. I much prefer models that leave a bit more to the imagination.
    Also regardless of body proportions, all the guys look ultra Chad, the girls are all Stacy's. What about just like idk, normal looking people ?
    Armor sets don't need to all look so over the top. The heroes journey, coming from humble beginnings to rise in power through trial and tribulation to overcome and transform slowly into a bad ass over time. Not oh I just rolled a berserker and got the founders pack so i can throw on a ultra bad ass armor skin!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    Not oh I just rolled a berserker and got the founders pack so i can throw on a ultra bad ass armor skin!
    It's a game where you become "the destined one" and save your realm literally in the first cutscene, have a tea and talk with main antagonist first minute and pull out a revolution by the 2nd hour.

It's ok, you can have your fancy armor from the get go. It really isn't a "simple adventurer" boomer meme story, so no point beating around the bush. You're pretty much big dick/vag hero from before you even are in character creator here.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda funny, at least in FF14 you like are given half an hour to chill before you are becoming the second coming of Jesus - here it's like "fuck that, you are the god walking earth have fun" the first minute.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    You are, because the fox is not one of the four "tier" drops that are part of the regional competition thing. The fox is tied to specific streamers (including Asmongold) and should go til March 1st I think. Go to

https://www.twitch.tv/drops/campaigns

and click on Lost Ark and you can see which streamers give the fox (and which give the current tier drop which is now at the maximum tier 4 for the hoverboard mount which I would guess will continue to be active now until March 1st also).
    The drops are based on a new, albeit retarded, Tier system. All Streamers start out at tier 1 (Griffin pet), working up through each Tier with a Paper cosmetic hat at 2, fox at 3, and the hover mount at 4.

This "event" has confused everyone because it doesn't explain how it works with many under the impression they got time to earn them all when already all Streamers are mostly on Tier 4 with a few on Tier 3. You'd be hard pressed to find a single Streamer on Tier 1 and 2.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2022-02-19 at 06:22 PM.

Played 6 characters through the story now, since I was unsure what to main. Game is a blast. Over a week in and no decline so far. Looking promising.