Page 24 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Y'all leave VO dialogue enabled in games with garbage stories/VO? I usually crank that shit down to nothing just so I don't have to hear it if I don't care about it. The game does have an independent dialogue VO option in audio...right? If not, I'll have to pump some tunes extra loud.
    Yes, but some of the bosses/characters have audio queues you can't hear if you turn them off. I forgot which was which but when I was bard-ing it up I missed something that I had to look up after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'all leave VO dialogue enabled in games with garbage stories/VO? I usually crank that shit down to nothing just so I don't have to hear it if I don't care about it. The game does have an independent dialogue VO option in audio...right? If not, I'll have to pump some tunes extra loud.
    One of the super irritating things in Lost Ark though is that you get like a mini cutscene dialogue thing for every single item of dialogue, where it pans in from your usual view and forces you to read text in a bottom panel rather than having an overlay as a ui component.

It's really fucking annoying when you're talking to a lot of NPCs: zoom in - zoom out - zoom in - zoom out - zoom in - zoom out - zoom in - zoom out. And then they only voice act the first couple of panels of text anyways so all that work and you end up clicking past un-voiced quest/story text at the end of the day anyways.

Just overlay it in a ui window and let us bypass it, for the love of god.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

It's annoying being constantly unmounted to talk to an NPC and then having to manually mount up to run a few yards and talk to another NPC, unmount, etc.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-02-09 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's annoying being constantly unmounted to talk to an NPC and then having to manually mount up to run a few years and talk to another NPC, unmount, etc.
    Fencers, come on, you enjoyed Elyon more than anyone else on entire site...why now so picky hihi
    You make no sense. So sillyhead >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Fencers, come on, you enjoyed Elyon more than anyone else on entire site...why now so picky hihi
    You make no sense. So sillyhead >_<
    Elyon didn't annoy me with stuff that took away from the main point of the game; killing monsters with a big hammer. I could ZOOOM through Elyon.

The combat in Lost Ark is good and that is fun. but it throws a lot of BS in between that is not well done, compelling, skippable, and inconveniences the player.

When I play Elyoj (I still do daily. Just got a full Legendary set). I can hit CTRL, sprint from area to area, and mash F and exit/accept everything in seconds. I can also totally customize every key and command.

In Lost Ark, I can't even add modifiers like Shift+1 to some keys or rebind H and G. That's stupid.

In Lost Ark, I can't even add modifiers like Shift+1 to some keys or rebind H and G. That's stupid.
    Can you at least bind the number pad? I can live without shift modifiers as long as I can use the buttons on the side of my mouse, there's freakin 12 of those suckers.

That zoom in and zoom out on every quest is really throwing me off this game

Can you at least bind the number pad? I can live without shift modifiers as long as I can use the buttons on the side of my mouse, there's freakin 12 of those suckers.
    Yes, you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep It actually reminded me of Chaos Wars and nothing should do that.

wow....that voice acting...simply...wow

Elyon didn't annoy me with stuff that took away from the main point of the game; killing monsters with a big hammer. I could ZOOOM through Elyon.

The combat in Lost Ark is good and that is fun. but it throws a lot of BS in between that is not well done, compelling, skippable, and inconveniences the player.

When I play Elyoj (I still do daily. Just got a full Legendary set). I can hit CTRL, sprint from area to area, and mash F and exit/accept everything in seconds. I can also totally customize every key and command.

Not being able to rebind H and G made me legit sad.

The only assumption I have is when there are on screen choices G and H will be left and right respectively and they didn't want to mess with that.

Half of million peak players with founder packs. Time to create a subforum for this?

- - - Updated - - -

It's annoying being constantly unmounted to talk to an NPC and then having to manually mount up to run a few yards and talk to another NPC, unmount, etc.
    What? Can you record where you get dismounted when you talk to NPC? Because that's just not how it works, at least in starting continent - https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/675312635

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Graphically its pretty.
    Yea, like how? It looks pretty... poor.

Bloom and filter like in Lineage 2 C3 - 2005 game.
    Shadows like in Doom 3 - 2004 game. God dammit, even WoW has soft shadows with raytracing. Shadows are so awful. So god damn awful.
    Textures - range anywhere from low quality to mediocre at best. From Lineage 2 levels to Rift levels - 2011 game.
    UI textures - on 4k they are pixelated blurry mess. And I'm playing Sorceress. Newest class. Yet that mastery Z/X thingy in the hotbar middle looks like complete garbage.

FX for spells are very in your face, but that doesn't make the game pretty, as these sprites are not high res and because lightning sucks complete balls - they light environment like plasma gun in Quake 3 - 1999 game.

Game is really old graphically and looks terrible and I play with highest settings on 4k 32" display with 1.78x DSR - 5120x2880 res.

---

More criticism - it's a korean game. Slutty sometimes underage (Artist class) girls in high heels and pantyhose and g-strings. Jesus, I'm not 14 year old boy, annoys a bit.

Instanced maps - game is nowhere near open world. Just a bunch of corridors.

Story is irrelevant, quests are not exciting, but at least they complete fast.

What I do like are mobs exploding in blood shower from various skills. Never gets old. Also, you can mount while in combat. Damn that's nice - not having to run for 10 seconds from mobs just to mount...
    Last edited by ldev; 2022-02-09 at 04:45 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Having a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post

Yea, like how? It looks pretty... poor.

Bloom and filter like in Lineage 2 C3 - 2005 game.
    Shadows like in Doom 3 - 2004 game. God dammit, even WoW has soft shadows with raytracing. Shadows are so awful. So god damn awful.
    Textures - range anywhere from low quality to mediocre at best. From Lineage 2 levels to Rift levels - 2011 game.
    UI textures - on 4k they are pixelated blurry mess. And I'm playing Sorceress. Newest class. Yet that mastery Z/X thingy in the hotbar middle looks like complete garbage.

FX for spells are very in your face, but that doesn't make the game pretty, as these sprites are not high res and because lightning sucks complete balls - they light environment like plasma gun in Quake 3 - 1999 game.

Game is really old graphically and looks terrible and I play with highest settings on 4k 32" display with 1.78x DSR - 5120x2880 res.

---

More criticism - it's a korean game. Slutty sometimes underage (Artist class) girls in high heels and pantyhose and g-strings. Jesus, I'm not 14 year old boy, annoys a bit.

What I do like are mobs exploding in blood shower from various skills. Never gets old. Also, you can mount while in combat. Damn that's nice - not having to run for 10 seconds from mobs just to mount...
    Lol.... put these games you mentioned side by side and repeat that bullshit you just said.
    Either something is broken on your screen or you just don't know what the heck you are saying.

Lost Ark is certainly not the most beautiful, but when you compare it to Lineage or Rift or even Quake (lmao) I don't know what the hell you are smoking. Even if you reduce it to these specific parts of the overall picture (which is way more important anyway), you'd not be correct.
    What a waste of time you are with these comments. Why does someone even bother writing this nonsense?

Sorry for being so blunt but what the heck? Let's be fair.

What do you even need 4k for when you obviously couldn't even see a barn right in front of you. Where do all these pixels go?

Yep, I agree. The walking animation during cutscenes is pretty garbage as well, not even "sexy", just garbage.
    Can't really say I'm "annoyed" though, I'm more like making fun of it. It's not like they were "suprising" us with that, we all knew what we are getting into.
    Quests don't matter, story doesn't either, they are so bad, there is no way you can get invested in anything.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-02-09 at 07:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Smoooooth launch (apart from the 1hour wait steam fiasco)
    Smooth game...zero breakes...can alt tab all the time too

Welcome Lost Ark to the group of MMORPGs that are smooth.
    Lol it is a 2015 game. Nothing to compare with a new release.

- - - Updated - - -

The UI is pure chaos in this game.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just can´t get over the character´s design. They looks so soul-less, like most asian designed generic games out there. Iso camera and click to move is also a big no for me :/

I just don´t see the game lasting on the hype for too long. Time will tell.

Managed to get only lvl 14 within 2 hours of playing but initial thoughts are really, REALLY positive.
    I wanted to give it a try on saturday as f2p player but friends convinced me to play with them now.
    I am really surprised how non-multi-dollar-company could release title so smoothly.
    We are slightly overwhelmed by almost everything in the game.
    Combat is really good but mobs are just dying too fast i think.
    No lag, errors or bugsplats and the game works really good on my shitty 8 yo PC.

We will stick with the game probably for long time.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-02-09 at 07:45 AM.

you can bind most stuff and you can use ctrl+ as a modifier. I have all my skills bound to my mouse buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Managed to get only lvl 14 within 2 hours of playing but initial thoughts are really, REALLY positive.
    I wanted to give it a try on saturday as f2p player but friends convinced me to play with them now.
    I am really surprised how non-multi-dollar-company could release title so smoothly.
    No lag, errors or bugsplats and the game works really good on my shitty 8 yo PC.

It helps that it's a 3 year old game, and that this release is more a localization for the western market. I think it kind of falls apart in the localization as well, mouths don't match words, sometimes they don't even bother opening their mouth etc. Voice acting is a bit off.

All the core parts of the game are pretty good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post

They partnered with AGS, this is as multi-dollar company as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    They partnered with AGS, this is as multi-dollar company as they come.
    New World confirmed how multi-dollar-company AGS really is...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-02-09 at 09:26 AM.