Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I seriously can't anymore. These little Furballs are a straight copycat of ratchet and clank. How can you even look at this race and think "yep this is what we needed in Warcraft, a race that looks like they're trying to bring the PEGI rating down to +3"

Imagine playing Warcraft 3, hearing a Shaman say "STORM EARTH AND FIRE, HEAD MY CALL", a warrior that command the elemental powers of nature, and now you see these furbags doing the same.

If Gnomes weren't already a joke race... they make Vulpera...
    I refuse to believe these races weren't solely created to pull in people who browse deviantart, because they clearly look like the biggest fan service ever.

And now they even xan be a death knight?
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all. Might aswell just add Furbolgs, Murlocs and Gnolms aswell.
    No clue what a Gnolm is, but Furbolgs and Murlocs have both been highly-requested playable races now since WoWs inception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Better question would be How can you take WoW seriously. Its not some super edgy goth fantasy game. If goblins and gnomes have place in WoW why Vulpera should not be here?

Yea let's act like vulpera are a joke race, when we've had gnomes in the game for 15 years. Literally oversized babies with pink mohawks and wild west villain moustaches that ride mechanical chickens, but the fox people? now THATs going too far.

How can anyone like thing I don't like?! I am very smart and good.

Anything's better than another elf number 996848459350603594569934596

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeee, fucking Vulpera, so ridiculous. Meanwhile, my main panda man will go do some WQ's for turtle bros. Then I will go hunt some snake dudes and later will jump to Sholazar to farm rep for badger boys.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Imagine being this fucking upset about fox people in a game with cows, sexualized goats, Gnomes, poop quests, PG13 rating and pop culture references out the crap shoot, including on the tougher races.

If you are concerned for your status as an Alpha male, WoW aint it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Love Rocket, best superhero!
    Marksmanship Hunter!

them and dark irons are probably the best ones out of the allied races so far. followed by ZT/KT. the rest are pretty forgettable.

anywho i'm always for adding more races even if they don't appeal to me personally it's nice having a lot of options.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I mean would you rather have another variation of humans? Vulpera are probably the best allied race so far due to their differences compared to what was already available.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Gnomes arn't a joke race.

Gnomes are the most advanced race, and they did it through science not magic or sparkly space crystals.

Gnomes are a legitimate fantasy race, that exist in most fantasy universe's in some form or another.

To say gnomes are a joke is to say Hobbits are a joke and thus the whole Lord of the rings and the very root premise of warcraft is a joke.
    They aren't a joke race, they are comic relief. There's a difference in that they are meant to be taken seriously as a fantasy race that contributes to the Alliance effort, but they are also meant to be silly and whimsical as seen in their general outlook and their actions within the game.

They are not Hobbits as presented in Lord of the Rings. They are more akin to humanoid versions of Droids in the Star Wars universe.

End of the day, Gnomes simply won't be able to escape the association with being whimsical and comic relief. It's built into their identity. They aren't a joke like the Mr. T Night Elf Mohawk, but they are undeniably connected with being silly. No matter how serious we want it to be, a gnome dude with wild pink hair just isn't going to be taken too seriously. Mekkatorque is as close as we can get to being serious, and even then his whole schtick is riding around in an oversized mech that makes him look like Baby in Captain Commando.

Last edited by Triceron; 2020-09-04 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I can take them as serious as the Orcs. Blizzard Orcs started out as essentially Klingons from Star Trek TOS, they are so tied to honor so much they do logical backflips to justify their actions. They only in the last handful years evolved beyond "YOU INSULT ME, YOU DIE"

I guess i don't see how in a world filled with Kobolds crying over candles, Murlocs wearing chef hats, Kungfu Pandas and literal robots, a small mischievous fox race is out of the norm? Especially because fox like beings have origin in mythos all around our real world, and WOW is nothing but bastardized interpretations of ancient myth.
    To be fair, Klingons are pretty fuckin' metal.

Troi: "Well, our god is like that sometimes. What about yours?"
    Worf: "Wouldn't know. We killed ours a couple thousand years ago, they were too much of a hassle."
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Frai85 View Post
    A fox race makes a hell of a lot more sense than Pandas. But even Pandaren aside, the wow universe has sentient races of naga snake people, furbolgs, gnolls, fishy murlocs, talking birds, and space aliens with face tentacles for hair.

Foxes aren't really a big leap of imagination for me.
    That jab at Pandas is uncalled for. They were part of the Warcraft universe for far longer than Vulpera. Panda's make way more sense than foxes, cause they were created more than a decade ago, while Vulpera were created with the last xpac.

But, yeah, it's nothing new on warcraft.

The type of person who makes this type of thread is not the type of person who has a girlfriend lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Imagine being this fucking upset about fox people in a game with cows, sexualized goats, Gnomes, poop quests, PG13 rating and pop culture references out the crap shoot, including on the tougher races.

Couldn't have said it better.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-09-04 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Yeah, it's funny how the list of "stupid shit" they've included over time just expands and now more than ever, that being both the number and the subjects in question.

Only a matter of time when it's ONLY stupid shit. Seeing who's at the wheel, I'd say we're not far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Yeah, it's funny how the list of "stupid shit" they've included over time just expands and now more than ever, that being both the number and the subjects in question.

Only a matter of time when it's ONLY stupid shit. Seeing who's at the wheel, I'd say we're not far away.
    It's almost as thought WoW was never a game that took itself as seriously as people like to say it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I seriously can't anymore. These little Furballs are a straight copycat of ratchet and clank. How can you even look at this race and think "yep this is what we needed in Warcraft, a race that looks like they're trying to bring the PEGI rating down to +3"

Imagine playing Warcraft 3, hearing a Shaman say "STORM EARTH AND FIRE, HEAD MY CALL", a warrior that command the elemental powers of nature, and now you see these furbags doing the same.

If Gnomes weren't already a joke race... they make Vulpera...
    I refuse to believe these races weren't solely created to pull in people who browse deviantart, because they clearly look like the biggest fan service ever.

And now they even xan be a death knight?
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all. Might aswell just add Furbolgs, Murlocs and Gnolms aswell.
    Can you survive in a desert wasteland? I know I can't.

That alone makes them badass.

Also, Murloc Death Knight sounds terrifying as fuck. Imagine hearing mrrggglglglglggglllll with the Death Knight echo effect.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Hmm, don't think you understood my point.

I signed up to play a PG13 game, I don't expect the solemn tone of Requiem For a Dream as I login. Anyone doing so, picked the wrong game. It always had silly stuff. And "stupid" is subjective, playing games is seen as inherently stupid to many regardless of themes.

If people could stand WoW before Vulpera, they're being idiots if they can't post their introduction. No loss.

10+ Year Old Account

WoW is their game, they can add what they want and they don't need your approval or anyone else's. This isn't a committee.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, don't think you understood my point.

I signed up to play a PG13 game, I don't expect the solemn tone of Requiem For a Dream as I login. Anyone doing so, picked the wrong game. It always had silly stuff. And "stupid" is subjective, playing games is seen as inherently stupid to many regardless of themes.

If people could stand WoW before Vulpera, they're being idiots if they can't post their introduction. No loss.
    Tauren and goblins with jersey accents are fine, but not foxes! Foxes cross a fuckin' line, Hamster!

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.