Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    The Void is the "Good" Guys

    As more is revealed, it seems like the ultimate bad guy in the universe is the Nathrezim and who they serve (likely death). We've been fed that the Light is good, Void is bad, Order is good, Disorder is bad, Life is Good, Death is Bad. However what if the Void is actually "good"? I think Blizzard is setting up the next Expansion to be a Void expansion.

    Here's my thoughts on this:
    Illidan straight up, declines the light's gift.
    The GIFT of N'Zoth. N'Zoth gave us this "gift" that no one really knew what it was, a buff? does it do anything? I think his gift was to be void-touched and to see multiple truths. The light, opposite of the void, sees only one truth - Sylvanas is bad. Void is bad. Sargaras is bad. Fel is bad. Etc. Anduin is going to the SL with us and Turalyon "claims the vacant throne." This light "truths" are pushed on us as the only truth.

    During the N'Zoth encounter, He says, "You know not what you do." Possibly meaning we're stopping the void, the force that Nathrezim cannot fight, because the void can see through them. He also states, "Only I can save this world. Yield... and serve!" What if this is the truth? What if N'Zoth and the void is the only force that can stop what is to come?

    What if the visions of N'Zoth, old gods, Ny'alotha, all of it was just the LIGHTS vision of it, and not what it actually looks like? Perhaps it's just a veil over our eyes when infact the void looks like the Dream/heaven/etc (pretty and beautiful, not purple).

    I think the next expansion will be Void Heavy, Alleria being a main character. Xala'tath states she'll see us again, she's certain of it, will she return with the next conflict?

    I think there's more to the void than what we're being told.

  2. #2
    Every Cosmic force thinks they're the "good guys" who should rule everyone else. Being the "lesser evil", even by a small amount, doesn't make you right.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Because we live in a place of freedom of speech
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Stop talking.

  3. #3
    This isn't personally directed at you, but I just think it's hilarious how there's always posts about how "Next expansion is the void expansion for X reason!" before each new expansion. I mean, eventually it may be true. Just funny to see the trend continue.

    As for are they the 'good' guys? Honestly couldn't tell you at this point. The voids true motives have always been mostly unclear, and I think that's purposeful by Blizzard. Whether they plan to subvert expectations with the void... who knows? It would be interesting, I suppose.

  4. #4
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    41,613
    .....No they are not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk Villager720's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Garithos (US)
    Posts
    1,815
    I think it's safe to assume none of the cosmic orders are on our side (except maaaaaaybe life).

    The Light makes beings feel good so they follow/worship - to what end though, we know not. Also Naaru eat souls - so that's a thing.
    On the flipside, the Void drives mortals "insane" and corrupts/warps their physical form - to what end, we know not. But it certainly hasn't done anything benevolent in the pursuit of it's goals.
    Death seemingly wants to control (re:kill) everything. That was certainly Arthas' thought process, and might mirror Sylvie's and the Jailer's aims as well.
    The Titans (re:Order) used to glass planets (re:Algalon) if they found them too disorderly or "corrupted" (by their subjective perspective). Not exactly wholesome.
    And the Burning Legion (re:Disorder) is bent on ending existence.

    And then there is life... which I think is ...us? Maybe? Life, its "pantheon" and its motivations, are definitely the least defined and thus it is difficult to speculate on.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-09-16 at 03:05 PM.

  6. #6
    These kinds of threads return about twice a month.

    Just because someone has partially reasonable motivation for his deeds doesn't automatically make them a good guy. It makes them a villain with an interesting nuanced back story

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    During the N'Zoth encounter, He says, "You know not what you do." Possibly meaning we're stopping the void, the force that Nathrezim cannot fight, because the void can see through them. He also states, "Only I can save this world. Yield... and serve!" What if this is the truth? What if N'Zoth and the void is the only force that can stop what is to come?
    I mean, it could be entirely true, and the void has enough of an advantage over the forces that are behind everything, thta could defeeat them.

    However the void still wants to consume and absorb the universe, turning it into a shadow-infused nightmare world. Sometimes the enemy of my enemy is still my enemy.

  8. #8
    How about this: every bad guy thinks hes doing the right thing.

    Who is the light to say any of that anyway?

  9. #9
    Not saying that i am right, just a theory.

    However ALL of the orders have good and bad:

    Life is Good (have we found a bad yet?). Perhaps the bad is that bad people are alive???

    Order, Pantheon is good. Sargaras is bad.

    Light is good. Xe'ra is bad (?). Extremism/devotism is bad.

    Death is supposed to be good, while the Maw/jailer is the bad.

    Disorder has only shown us the bad. Their good was to abolish the void (perhaps a lie the Nathrezim told). There could be unshown goods.

    Void is portrayed as bad. However what if the good is their ability to see all outcomes. As in, multiple truths, don't take everything for face value. Maybe N'Zoth and the twilight hammer is just their form of extremism - like the light has.


    Point here is perhaps all 6 are GOOD, but the Nathrezim put us on a path to believe that there is no good in void/disorder/death. Look at Alleria and the struggles she had to face. I would consider her an agent of good. Xe'ra did not.

    There's definitely more story to be told before concluding anything. I think the setup for a puppet master (Nathrezim) is there though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I mean, it could be entirely true, and the void has enough of an advantage over the forces that are behind everything, thta could defeeat them.

    However the void still wants to consume and absorb the universe, turning it into a shadow-infused nightmare world. Sometimes the enemy of my enemy is still my enemy.
    What if that's a lie? What if the void does not want to do any of that? Perhaps just the key-hole perception we're told. The light sees ONLY 1 TRUE path, and it's not always the right one. Look at the Xe'ra and Illidan conflict...
    EDIT: The polar opposite of void ,is the light, and is already all consuming... Fitting to believe the other side is bad when it's against the "belief light is good"

    What if we do in the future accept the void. We see all the truths and realize... o shit, we've been wrong for sooooo long! I think that would be very cool and not so "plain" in story telling.
    Last edited by Angrie; 2020-09-16 at 03:24 PM.

  10. #10
    What makes a victory for the Void preferable to a victory for Death? It seems obvious that neither side has our best intentions in mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    What if the visions of N'Zoth, old gods, Ny'alotha, all of it was just the LIGHTS vision of it, and not what it actually looks like? Perhaps it's just a veil over our eyes when infact the void looks like the Dream/heaven/etc (pretty and beautiful, not purple).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    What if that's a lie? What if the void does not want to do any of that? Perhaps just the key-hole perception we're told. The light sees ONLY 1 TRUE path, and it's not always the right one. Look at the Xe'ra and Illidan conflict...

    What if we do in the future accept the void. We see all the truths and realize... o shit, we've been wrong for sooooo long! I think that would be very cool and not so "plain" in story telling.
    At what point did the Light gain the ability to completely change our perception of everything?
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2020-09-16 at 03:25 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I think it's safe to assume none of the cosmic orders are on our side (except maaaaaaybe life).
    And then there is life... which I think is ...us? Maybe? Life, its "pantheon" and its motivations, are definitely the least defined and thus it is difficult to speculate on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Life is Good (have we found a bad yet?). Perhaps the bad is that bad people are alive???
    The Sporemound/Evergrowth shows us what happens when Life energy runs rampant.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    What if that's a lie? What if the void does not want to do any of that?
    Maybe the Void should stop telling us that if they want us to trust them.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Because we live in a place of freedom of speech
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Stop talking.

  12. #12
    There are no good guys.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

    We see you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    What makes a victory for the Void preferable to a victory for Death? It seems obvious that neither side has our best intentions in mind.

    At what point did the Light gain the ability to completely change our perception of everything?
    Always. What if the light is part of the "3 lies"? I mean we're doing all these things blindly following light based leaders. This is going to sound nitpicky, but when has the light ever said they were wrong????????? It's always, "follow our path to righteousness." I dunno, I think it's the blind leading the blind.
    While the N'zoth says, "all eyes shall be open" "Your minds remain closed. Come, mortals... glimpse the infinite truths.". What if we were meant to have our eyes open to see the Nathrezim's plans? We have closed minds and i think it's going to have consequences.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    As more is revealed, it seems like the ultimate bad guy in the universe is the Nathrezim and who they serve (likely death). We've been fed that the Light is good, Void is bad, Order is good, Disorder is bad, Life is Good, Death is Bad. However what if the Void is actually "good"? I think Blizzard is setting up the next Expansion to be a Void expansion.

    Here's my thoughts on this:
    Illidan straight up, declines the light's gift.
    The GIFT of N'Zoth. N'Zoth gave us this "gift" that no one really knew what it was, a buff? does it do anything? I think his gift was to be void-touched and to see multiple truths. The light, opposite of the void, sees only one truth - Sylvanas is bad. Void is bad. Sargaras is bad. Fel is bad. Etc. Anduin is going to the SL with us and Turalyon "claims the vacant throne." This light "truths" are pushed on us as the only truth.

    During the N'Zoth encounter, He says, "You know not what you do." Possibly meaning we're stopping the void, the force that Nathrezim cannot fight, because the void can see through them. He also states, "Only I can save this world. Yield... and serve!" What if this is the truth? What if N'Zoth and the void is the only force that can stop what is to come?

    What if the visions of N'Zoth, old gods, Ny'alotha, all of it was just the LIGHTS vision of it, and not what it actually looks like? Perhaps it's just a veil over our eyes when infact the void looks like the Dream/heaven/etc (pretty and beautiful, not purple).

    I think the next expansion will be Void Heavy, Alleria being a main character. Xala'tath states she'll see us again, she's certain of it, will she return with the next conflict?

    I think there's more to the void than what we're being told.
    Players and in game characters have assumed the light is good, mainly because they have helped us out. In Legion we were shown they might not be as good and wholesome as we thought. However, I'd rather exist than not exist so I can't see the Void being good. You know, since they want to destroy existence.

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk Villager720's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Garithos (US)
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The Sporemound/Evergrowth shows us what happens when Life energy runs rampant.
    Sure - but I’m not sure the botani and their progenitors count as a “cosmic pantheon” anymore than the titan keepers do. They were “sentient” manifestations of the energy - not movers and shapers.

    All the forces/energies can be destructive - but seemingly the closest we’ve seen to a life pantheon is Ysera/Emerald Dream/Wild Gods/Loa - and they’ve all been fairly benevolent.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-09-16 at 03:45 PM.

  16. #16
    The void wants to consume and torture everyone/everything mentally and physically in the process.

    What’s wrong with you?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Sure - but I’m not sure the botani and their progenitors count as a “cosmic pantheon” anymore than the titan keepers do. They were “sentient” manifestations of the energy - not movers and shapers.

    All the forces/energies can be destructive - but seemingly the closest we’ve seen to a life pantheon is Ysera/Emerald Dream/Wild Gods/Loa - and they’ve all been fairly benevolent.
    Don’t forget the Red dragon flight which entire job is to protect Life not just nature.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Always. What if the light is part of the "3 lies"? I mean we're doing all these things blindly following light based leaders. This is going to sound nitpicky, but when has the light ever said they were wrong????????? It's always, "follow our path to righteousness." I dunno, I think it's the blind leading the blind.
    While the N'zoth says, "all eyes shall be open" "Your minds remain closed. Come, mortals... glimpse the infinite truths.". What if we were meant to have our eyes open to see the Nathrezim's plans? We have closed minds and i think it's going to have consequences.
    There is a huge difference between "following leaders whose faith aligns with the Light" and "the Light can literally change how everyone sees the Void to make it look bad." What you're suggesting is that the Light has somehow fooled everyone into believing the Void is darkness and tentacles instead of sunshine and rainbows. From Sargeras and the corrupted planet that set him on his crusade, to the titanforged that waged war against the Old Gods (and the Elemental Lords they had enslaved) on primordial Azeroth, to the void elves that dedicate their lives to studying it.

    It's a bit of a reach.

  18. #18
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,052
    All the cosmic powers are shifty and should only be used, never trusted.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    There is a huge difference between "following leaders whose faith aligns with the Light" and "the Light can literally change how everyone sees the Void to make it look bad." What you're suggesting is that the Light has somehow fooled everyone into believing the Void is darkness and tentacles instead of sunshine and rainbows. From Sargeras and the corrupted planet that set him on his crusade, to the titanforged that waged war against the Old Gods (and the Elemental Lords they had enslaved) on primordial Azeroth, to the void elves that dedicate their lives to studying it.

    It's a bit of a reach.
    That's close to what i'm saying. What i'm suggesting is that the NATHREZIM fooled everyone because the void is the only force that can stop them. N'zoth literally states, "Only I can save this world. Yield... and serve". We have been conditioned to believe everything the void says is a lie... but what if it's not? It sounds more like a warning than a lie. If Xe'ra said, the same line, we would immediately believe and yield. The Nathrezim made it so the only force that knows what's happening is silenced.

    Alleria says, "As the naaru lay dying, L'ura's essence called to me. A being born of the Light hand turned to shadow.
    It was a familiar sensation.
    The transformation you witnessed is under my control, to be used when I see fit. I am the same person I was... and yet, something more.
    The use of such power makes some... uneasy. But shadow is a force to be harnessed, not feared.
    As with any weapon, one must maintain constant control when wielding it."

    Also, "High Exarch Turalyon says: Has the downfall of the Old God brought you at least a measure of peace?
    Alleria Windrunner says: The whispers did not end with his defeat. In fact, it seems new voices have joined the chorus. When I think of the nightmare he forced into my mind…


    Nightmare could also be a truth. Alleria is also not the jedi master of the void either, she has little understanding of it. I see Xala'tath possibly filling the role or Locus-Walker of our void navigator.
    Last edited by Angrie; 2020-09-16 at 04:24 PM.

  20. #20
    Old God HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    10,183
    lol ok buddy

    See ya in 10.3, when I beat tf outta the Void Lords.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •