Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I found that the tone of both shows were too different to prefer one over the other.
    For my money, Angel has just managed to age better. Buffy is one of those shows that (for me anyway) is not as good as I remember as it simply hasn't aged well.

7+ Year Old Account
    X-Files is far superior to Twin Peaks. When I grew up, I was under the impression that everyone thought Twin Peaks was superior, I can't defend that. I enjoyed Twin Peaks, and Fire Walk with Me, but I find X-Files, at least the first 6-7 seasons to be vastly superior.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

The later episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 were better than the earlier. Specifically, once Pearl took over with Bobo and Brain Guy. Not because of Mike being better than Joel. Just because Pearl was better than Clayton.

I cannot stand Family Guy or the Simpsons. They're overrated and not anywhere near as good as people make them out to be.

Cathouse might be the most important tv show for sex-workers in America.

I don't like any American comedy cartoon. Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, South Park, Rick and Morty (especially), they have good moments or episodes sometimes but I couldn't see myself watching them with any sort of regularity. Then again I think the same of most comedy shows as well, I'd much, much rather watch a stand-up comic personally.

Star Wars never were great movies. Iconic ones? Absolutely, but not great. Episode 5 and Rogue One are the only good ones, that's a ratio of 2 good to 9 mediocre or bad ones counting spinoffs. And The Mandalorian is better than any of them.

Indiana Jones 3 is the best one, and 4 wasn't THAT bad apart from the godawful CGI.

ET is... kind of a boring movie. Sorry, I want to like it, but The Iron Giant fulfills a fairly similar premise far better if you ask me.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was absolutely horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I think the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was absolutely horrible.
    It is a technical marvel to behold regardless though, still movies today cannot compare to lotr back then. Peter Jackson is a genius.

Oh and you speak blasphemy.. may the lord strike you down :3

Jem and the Holograms is a masterpiece of cinema worthy of Best Picture.

I am not a Superman fan but i think Man of Steel was the best Superman movie ever made.
    Batman V Superman would be a good movie with 90% less screentime for Loise and Lex and if Doomdays looked better in Stage 1.
    I liked the idea of Suckerpunch, execution not that much tbh.
    Predator 2 is a fun movie.
    Scarface is overrated.
    Thor 3 ruined Thor and overall are just 3 maybe 4 Marvel movies good. (Thor 2, Winter Soldier, Dr. Strange and Ant-Man if you ignore that it was just Iron Man 1 again)

I didn't like The Exorcist. I didn't find it scary at all. Not even tense or suspenseful. And I tend to prefer my horror more along those lines than shitty gorefest slashers too.

Oh, and I said this elsewhere, but Toy Story is not the best Pixar movie. None of the Toy Story movies even crack my top 5 for Pixar.
    Last edited by buck008; 2020-09-18 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Angel is better than Buffy.
    I would agree with this...except for Angel season 5. The WB (now CW) pulled the carpet out from under them and they had to rush job a series finale into a season that clearly wasn't setup for it. The final season of Buffy wasn't spectacular either...but at least they knew from the get go it was going to be a final season...so at least they were able to end it on their own terms.

Angel season 1 wasn't that great either...but neither was Season 1 of Buffy. So that's kind of a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilo View Post
    I always viewed Black Panther as racist, no matter how advanced these people got they still have straw roofs, tribal paint, tribal war cries, and fights for leadership. How this is inclusive and not insulting is beyond me.
    I mean... apart from the straw roofs we still have the rest in the western world too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    It is a technical marvel to behold regardless though, still movies today cannot compare to lotr back then. Peter Jackson is a genius.
    Don't care about the "techinical marvel" aspect. He fucked with the stories too much and as such I think the movies sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Don't care about the "techinical marvel" aspect. He fucked with the stories too much and as such I think the movies sucked.
    If Jackson had made the movies you have in mind, they'd each be ten hours long and be as boring as church.

I legitimately think that Revenge of the Sith is a fun Star Wars experience.
    In a similar vein, Chronicles of Riddick was also enjoyable.

15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer New Star Trek to the older ones. I much prefer the more action oriented stories and themes.
    Here is something to believe in!

Netflix movies and TV-series suck ass.

Almost all TV-series since the strike in 08 are terrible

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Home Improvement has aged very poorly. Shit, most 1990s sitcoms have aged poorly.

-Laugh tracks need to die in the worst way possible.

-Two Broke Girls isn't funny and most CBS sitcoms in general aren't.

-Steve Harvey is annoying as fuck and needs to be replaced as host of Family Feud- the show is uncomfortably dirty for a game show.

-On that note, most game shows are annoying and people clap way too much.

-Sports blackouts are crap and so are regional restrictions. In general, live sports is the last barrier to complete and affordable cord cutting. (ESPN+ requires a cable a login to watch some of their stuff, and most streaming services are expensive as fuck.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Most Super Hero Films and Reboots are garbage except for what CBS has done they are at least doing something new, the same can be said for Amazon Primes The Boys. Not my cup of tea but I do respect the production.

90% of Syfy is pure utter garbage.

I hate Syfy and Miss when it was Sci Fi

I didn't love or hate the Star Wars Sequels and accept they are as good or as terrible as the originals.

The Game of Thrones Ending I thought proved the writers were worth their praise.

I think writers and actors should ignore critics more often, and certainly never pander or give people what they want. I think a writer should give people what they think they should have.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis