Thread: Genshin Impact

"Naw, I've got enough stuff now." -Last words before going broke in every gacha game.

Imagine having trouble getting 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Imagine having trouble getting 4 stars
    You might aswell change your phrase to *5 stars*

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I reached AR 45 and will soon be artifact farming for the first time in ages (my favorite activity)
    Just wanted to share this
    If something happens to me, ill see you on the other side friends :3
    I haven't started yet, at ar 41. I have really reallyyyyyyy bad artifacts and content is still a joke lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    He's definitely strong, just tears through things and I'm not even really geared. I don't really have a set team for him yet, but pairing him with Fischl is huge, and having some Pyro on the team for his Vaporize hits is excellent. His melee Q is absolutely massive and sets up huge Vaporize hits.

Without C6 - or simply overgearing the content - you can't really play him as the "solo DPS" character in longer fights. (The way people might be used to with current carries like Diluc or Keqing) But that's fine, you really want to be swapping characters a lot anyway in tougher fights.
    Are you gearing him as a main dps too or no? I'm gearing him as a "support", so not max level or weapon level or artifacts, and his damage is pretty pitiful tbh. I just use him when needed for pyro shields.

- - - Updated - - -

well just got my first +20 5* artifact heh. decent stats but i'm not gunna fuss over getting perfect stats. Feather with em, def, atk%, crit dmg% (wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Are you gearing him as a main dps too or no? I'm gearing him as a "support", so not max level or weapon level or artifacts, and his damage is pretty pitiful tbh. I just use him when needed for pyro shields.
    He's running Rust with 2pc 4* Gladiator and 2pc 4* Troupe right now because...well, that's all I have at the moment.

I do like to get everyone's weapons leveled, though. So the bow is level 80 and the artifacts are semi-leveled. Still, he tears through most things. The Vaporize hits from Q are quite nice, too.

I think he's the kind of character that just really scales well. Especially with multiple enemies. When you're not geared much, you don't hit very hard, you're not getting much out of your melee form so you're in it longer to burn things down so the cooldown is longer, and it just feels awful.

As you do more damage stuff dies faster, more Riptide explosions from them dying, other stuff dies even faster, you get a lot more done in one melee stance so you either finish the fight outright or don't need to stay in it as long to get the same value as when you were weaker, so the cooldown is shorter, and etc etc. It just all adds up really well.

God damn game, just because i was shittalking Beidou doesnt mean you have to keep dropping her

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    God damn game, just because i was shittalking Beidou doesnt mean you have to keep dropping her
    Wow, I just came here to post a story, too.

Since I got C1 Childe I said to myself, "I'll just pull on the weapon banner now. I have enough characters from this banner."

First pull on the weapon banner I got....Beidou.

Well played, Mihoyo.

He's running Rust with 2pc 4* Gladiator and 2pc 4* Troupe right now because...well, that's all I have at the moment.

I do like to get everyone's weapons leveled, though. So the bow is level 80 and the artifacts are semi-leveled. Still, he tears through most things. The Vaporize hits from Q are quite nice, too.

I think he's the kind of character that just really scales well. Especially with multiple enemies. When you're not geared much, you don't hit very hard, you're not getting much out of your melee form so you're in it longer to burn things down so the cooldown is longer, and it just feels awful.

As you do more damage stuff dies faster, more Riptide explosions from them dying, other stuff dies even faster, you get a lot more done in one melee stance so you either finish the fight outright or don't need to stay in it as long to get the same value as when you were weaker, so the cooldown is shorter, and etc etc. It just all adds up really well.
    Yea I'm having hard time deciding if I wanna gear him like a main dps since I really only use him for niche situations. Would be nice if I had Mona but you know...lol

Ok, so I got 4pc Viridescent set and put it on Jean. Except it seems like her E doesn't proc Swirl reliably with Hydro. Pyro seems to work 100% of the time.

Always some weirdness happening!

Wow, I just came here to post a story, too.

Since I got C1 Childe I said to myself, "I'll just pull on the weapon banner now. I have enough characters from this banner."

First pull on the weapon banner I got....Beidou.

Well played, Mihoyo.
    Fuck Beidou, seriously

I now have her at C6

Meanwhile I'm that one person that hoped for 4+ copies of Beidou from this banner and has gotten 2 so far (probably 60-something rolls)... =p

Why do Geovishaps even exist? Like...what is their intended gameplay interaction that I'm supposed to find fun? Wow, I hit them and they disappear and then reappear 100 yards away pretending to be Sonic for 10 seconds. Why is this interesting at all?

Or whopperflowers that spend half their time being slapped into space by every attack and the other half warping into the ground?

Or Meteor Strikes Zones where the enemies are Fatui and they spawn just outside the circle?

Or Cicin Mages that flip out sometimes and just blink 10 times in a row while screwing up targeting due to all the bugs?

Or enemies that just run away after you hit them, like slimes after you break their shields or dendro slimes period?

There are SO MANY little things like this where it seems like the design is just to annoy you by making it so you can't actually fight without standing there twiddling your thumbs for 30 seconds.

I just keep thinking, "Will you please for the love of fucking christ stop trying to keep me from enjoying this, Mihoyo!"

Look at this asshole. I didn't knock him there, he just spawned and kept walking backwards. Yeah, I don't NEED to kill him, but the other mob was the hammer guy who also kept running out of the circle every 10 seconds. Zzzz.

Last edited by Bovinity Divinity; 2020-11-21 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Fuck Beidou, seriously

[img]https://i.imgur.com/bdOaaow.jpg[img]

I now have her at C6
    My Ningguan went from C0 to C5 before I got my first Diona.

And I'm not about to roll more on this banner since I'm super close to pity timers and I don't want childe

Why do Geovishaps even exist? Like...what is their intended gameplay interaction that I'm supposed to find fun? Wow, I hit them and they disappear and then reappear 100 yards away pretending to be Sonic for 10 seconds. Why is this interesting at all?

Or whopperflowers that spend half their time being slapped into space by every attack and the other half warping into the ground?

Or Meteor Strikes Zones where the enemies are Fatui and they spawn just outside the circle?

Or Cicin Mages that flip out sometimes and just blink 10 times in a row while screwing up targeting due to all the bugs?

Or enemies that just run away after you hit them, like slimes after you break their shields or dendro slimes period?

There are SO MANY little things like this where it seems like the design is just to annoy you by making it so you can't actually fight without standing there twiddling your thumbs for 30 seconds.

I just keep thinking, "Will you please for the love of fucking christ stop trying to keep me from enjoying this, Mihoyo!"
    All these things that annoy you, are actually the things that makes combat engaging and not just a mindless slapfest though.

To much talk of amazing rolls here. We need more normal rolls.

I did the 50 rolls I could afford this BP period as a F2P player and got Ningguang, a second Noelle, and literally no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post

I did the 50 rolls I could afford this BP period as a F2P player and got Ningguang, a second Noelle, and literally no one else.
    So you got 3 weapons? That seems.. odd. The character banner has a super high chance of giving you the characters on the banner, so you're just unlucky, rather than everyone else being lucky.

Just realized how nice Beidou would be with my keqing. Currently have fischl but that extra lightning res down + shield and counter mechanic....mhmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post

every second 4* is a banner character afaik. That can't be right then.

But yeah, that 2x Beidou and 1x 4* Weapon is a very good roll, I rarely get 2 4*. Never have gotten 3.
    Or even a 4* + 5* and all my 5* were inside the soft-pity area at around 80 pulls.

Sorry, the image is so blurry. I got so excited I took it with my shitty phone.

That achivment is bullshit:
    https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wi...d_in_the_Rough...

I only seen a more colored stone after a second try. You are pretty much stuck to rng.