Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. People also though Zhongli would be really strong initially but look where that got us. He's the only 3* character in the game after his CBT nerfs. The same thing could happen with Ganyu.
    Her main issue is that you kinda need constelation of 1 of her or her damage wont be as good unlike other 5 star dps.
    https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com...l/dew_drinker/

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Normal. Not crazy with cash here
    Hard to believe if I'm going to be honest here. I'm seriously jealous.
    with these 51 rolls, you had like 90+ olls in one banner. Didn't you pull like 40+ in Albedo already and used up your saved stuff?

Not sure how you did that.
    That's 12k gems+ in one banner's worth of time, even if we consider the Starglitter, which at most have been like... 20 rolls or so.

If you can tell me how to do that I'd be very thankful, because it feels like I've been pulling a lot less and and while I have a huge primo-gem bank, I also paid money on xmas AND got the 100€ thing in a lottery/give away (which I wasted on the weapon banner tbh)
    My last pull was in november, and I basically only lost like ~210 primo gems from abyss (because I can't 9* everything) and got every single other source.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-04 at 08:47 PM.

Her main issue is that you kinda need constelation of 1 of her or her damage wont be as good unlike other 5 star dps.
    Can't really say that looks to be that mandatory for her to be "good". None of her constellations looks to be that mandatory to be honest. If she actually needs that 15% cryo resistance reduction and 2 energy regen to be competitive I highly doubt she's good.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Hard to believe if I'm going to be honest here.
    with these 51 rolls, you had like 90+ olls in one banner. Didn't you pull like 40+ in Albedo already and used up your saved stuff?

That's 12k gems+ in one banner's worth of time, even if we consider the Starglitter, which at most have been like... 20 rolls or so.

If you can tell me how to do that I'd be very thankful, because it feels like I've been pulling a lot less and and while I have a huge primo-gem bank, I also paid money on xmas AND got the 100€ thing in a lottery/give away (which I wasted on the weapon banner tbh)
    My last pull was in november, and I basically only lost like ~210 primo gems from abyss (because I can't 9* everything) and got every single other source.
    If your only expenditure is the welkin moon and BP then you have roughly enough stuff for 50 wishes every banner. This can most likely be increased depending on the amount of apologems and other free primogems that comes our way.
    Last edited by Lindon; 2021-01-04 at 08:49 PM.

If your only expenditure is the welkin moon and BP then you have roughly enough stuff for 50 wishes every banner. This can most likely be increased depending on the amount of apologems and other free primogems that comes our way.
    Hmmm, yeah checks out.
    Feels like I've been at the same amount of gems since forever. But that's probably just my imagination.
    I want more pulls

It still feels so horrible that this game has a 50/50 on the pity-timer. It's quite disgusting actually.
    I think I mentioned it already, but the difference between getting a 5* at roll 30 and one at roll 90 is like 1 month worth of playtime. And worst case scenario, you don't even get the unit you want.
    It's really pathetic.
    I have yet to understand why they would deny their playerbase the 100% guarantee

"First 5* you pull is the limited banner character" - that's pretty much how *all* other Gacha do this and it's great.
    It would actually make me pay more for this game too because I can actually calculate my next 5* much better.

"Damn, I'm short 15 pulls for the pity? But I really want that character - here take my 25€ (or whatever)"
    Not saying it's a wise investment from a cost/gain perspective, but I'd at least be able to accept that expenditure with my brain somehow.

The energy recharge is probably going to be hardly relevant, the 15% cryo debuff is nice, but if you go by that then every element character needs a wind character to be good. Because wind character boosts for 40% and not just 15%.

Does anyone know if charged arrows "shatter" frozen targets?
    I kinda think she would work well with Xingqiu. Frozen is good for her charged attacks and her ultimate.

If in the future there are characters with a "water zone" ulimate, I'd say her DPS output is really huge because her charged attack really does some significant damage. The cast time is not that bad.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-04 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    @Airlick

I forgot to give you my "respects" about your "Russian Roulette" wishing for c6 Fischl.
    Mine had odds on my favor.
    Yours was truly madlife balls deep, 3 bullets in the chamber.

GZ!
    Haha, thank you. I just did what every self-respecting addict would have done, that is say "the luck has to turn at some point", though.

And turn it did. I decided to roll just one more wish to really test it yesterday. And I guess it was a 5-bullet roulette then, since I did drop Albedo. I'm not mad though, C6 Fischl is still amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Haha, thank you. I just did what every self-respecting addict would have done, that is say "the luck has to turn at some point", though.

And turn it did. I decided to roll just one more wish to really test it yesterday. And I guess it was a 5-bullet roulette then, since I did drop Albedo. I'm not mad though, C6 Fischl is still amazing.
    Godammit Airlick Godamit. We have a problem

Godammit Airlick Godamit. We have a problem
    Nah, Albedo isn't bad, he has a weapon mats crafting bonus, even if he never goes past level 20. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Nah, Albedo isn't bad, he has a weapon mats crafting bonus, even if he never goes past level 20. :P
    Im laughing IRL omg im so sorry
    Im juts messing with you but:

5 stages of Addiction:

Experimentation
    Regular use
    Risky use
    Dependence
    Addiction

"Risky use", like playing russian roullete with wishing?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-01-04 at 09:50 PM.

Im laughing IRL omg im so sorry
    Im juts messing with you but:

5 stages of Addiction:

Experimentation
    Regular use
    Risky use
    Dependence
    Addiction

"Risky use", like playing russian roullete with wishing?
    What do you mean, I could stop any time I feel like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Not sure why people keep saying this, he's actually still pretty solid and will be absolutely insane with the upcoming buffs.
    Because it is the truth. He was so massively broken on release that both the western and eastern player population started throwing a hissyfit. Even Mihoyo saw reason and shoved him into the closed beta again to improve him.
    Of course there is some hyperbole in this, but it does not really change the fact that he is worse than the majority of the 4* characters. Now with the upcoming buffs he will hopefully be good and worth maybe swapping out some 4* characters in certain comps.

People mostly flip out because YouTube tells them to, but hey.
    This is a lot of it right there. Genshin has easily the worst youtubers that I've ever seen in any game. Most of them just throw money at the game and still struggle over trivial things. Zhongli was awful upon release, he's solid now, and he's going to be a beast once his final build gets pushed through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I did the AR 50 world ascend and now half the zones are tagged as "HiGhLy DaNgErOuS"

People mostly flip out because YouTube tells them to, but hey.
    Almost every youtuber with any meaningful amount of viewership mentioning Zhongli was reiterating the same "Zhongli is insane, watch me blow $5000 to get him C6". You can probably count the ones saying he was bad on one hand.

I suspect that a lot of the outrage came from the expectations that he would be a main carry. Probably from the line about his autos doing "massive damage" in the preview trailer.
    What people expected of him is not something neither you nor I can say anything about as this is just not information that we have available.

In truth, though, he's a pretty solid support and is actually better now that Albedo exists. The buffs are definitely good - and will probably put him way over the top - but he's actually still very useful in his current state. He just didn't fit into the Melt/Vaporize whale meta and so they shit on him constantly, and everyone else just hopped on the bandwagon.
    Depends on what you deem as a "solid support". Can you use him and clear all content? Well yes. Same can be said of Amber.
    Zhonglis supportive capabiliites is just quiet simply worse than most of the characters in the game and it's generally not worth it to swap out a character for him if all you're after is improving your team comp.

People that currently use him are either just using him because they like him or don't know better.

Hmmm, yeah checks out.
    Feels like I've been at the same amount of gems since forever. But that's probably just my imagination.
    I want more pulls

It still feels so horrible that this game has a 50/50 on the pity-timer. It's quite disgusting actually.
    I think I mentioned it already, but the difference between getting a 5* at roll 30 and one at roll 90 is like 1 month worth of playtime. And worst case scenario, you don't even get the unit you want.
    It's really pathetic.
    I have yet to understand why they would deny their playerbase the 100% guarantee

"First 5* you pull is the limited banner character" - that's pretty much how *all* other Gacha do this and it's great.
    It would actually make me pay more for this game too because I can actually calculate my next 5* much better.

"Damn, I'm short 15 pulls for the pity? But I really want that character - here take my 25€ (or whatever)"
    Not saying it's a wise investment from a cost/gain perspective, but I'd at least be able to accept that expenditure with my brain somehow.
    The pity for a 5 star really needs to be lower than 90. 100$ doesn't even guarantee you the 5 star hero of the banner. That's seriously fucked up. Especially when you aren't guaranteed the featured 5 star on the 90th roll and you can improve the character with duplicates.

Just looking at my wishes almost every 5star has been 75+ rolls between them except once when I rolled Mona 75ish after Zhongli then 10 later I got my second Zhongli.

Never rolled on Albedo and now I'm also scared to roll on Ganyu too since I think I have max Bediou and Barbara and the glitter you get for dupes is so shittily small its almost worthless. I'm sitting at 47 rolls after my last 5 star and based on my history I'm probably gonna need 180 rolls for my next featured 5 star.

Hopefully they start to see people spending way less on banners in the future so they make it more consumer friendly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to believe if I'm going to be honest here. I'm seriously jealous.

Oh its simple. I dont spend stuff on reshin refills. Events + bugfixes + free codes and i also save up resorce to buy store stuff for more rolls (you need 700 per shop reset). And of cose achivment (ugh.... that element one is trolling me).

Also, i didnt use everything on Albedo banner as i stopped rolling to not get him by accident.

.....downside is that my relics are pure trash as i cant afford farming them...

AND FFS .. dont roll on weapon banner. I have 0 rolls in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The pity for a 5 star really needs to be lower than 90. 100$ doesn't even guarantee you the 5 star hero of the banner. That's seriously fucked up. Especially when you aren't guaranteed the featured 5 star on the 90th roll and you can improve the character with duplicates.

Just looking at my wishes almost every 5star has been 75+ rolls between them except once when I rolled Mona 75ish after Zhongli then 10 later I got my second Zhongli.

Never rolled on Albedo and now I'm also scared to roll on Ganyu too since I think I have max Bediou and Barbara and the glitter you get for dupes is so shittily small its almost worthless. I'm sitting at 47 rolls after my last 5 star and based on my history I'm probably gonna need 180 rolls for my next featured 5 star.

Hopefully they start to see people spending way less on banners in the future so they make it more consumer friendly.
    Yeah i rather risked the shop Fischl for tokens instead of a risky rolling. Its still less rolls overall that trying to get her on banner. Lucky for me on next banner i dont have everyone maxed.

Also in future when rich people (and free to play) will get max const*, you will overall use less resorces on them and probaly only roll on new characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I can get my Cocogoat, and I can get my Noelle to C6? Sounds like a good deal to me. Which means it's probably not gonna happen.

Or because I can kill entire domains and abyss levels just by putting down Albedo flower and Zhongli pillar(s) and laughing at the mobs as I hop around. Not even counting the meatball hitting like a truck or who I choose to autoattack with.
    If you used any other viable comp you would be able to hop around and clear both domains and abyss levels faster and easier.

There is a reason why Mihoyo chose to buff Zhongli and not just let the people crying about him being bad die out. Fact of the matter is that he is currently not good. What I mean when I use the word "good" is relative to the powerlevel of all current characters. The fact that you can gear any character and clear everything is irrelevant.

So what part of him is really "bad"? People always say that, but people rarely actually know what to say beyond what they've been told to say about it.

Largest shield in the game (Was only overshadowed so much by Diona because of Abyss 12) decent off-field damage which is always great, high-damage burst with a CC and extremely high uptime with any Geo battery...he's extremely well rounded for quick swapping.

Literally the only thing that he doesn't have is synergy with Melt/Vaporize comps, which are all the rage with whales (Read: content creators) so that's all people think of as "good".
    1. His energy generation is bad. It's completely RNG based.
    2. His elemental dmg is quite low.
    3. His shield is not good enough to warrant him having such low supportive dps.
    4. His pillar has an abysmally low range (can be played around).
    5. His petrify is a gimmick. If you use him as a support you're probably getting less than 2 seconds worth of that debuff. Also adding the fact that the petrify doesn't interrupt mobs, it just pauses their animations.
    6. His animations (hold E and Q) are insanely long. Further reducing his effective DPS. Hold E is especially bad at this considering it has almost no knockback protection nor immunity despite being a 2 second cast.
    7. He is geo.

These are just what I can come up with on the top of my head.

Edit: The thing that currently carries some geo characters currently is that some abyss levels have rotated to be more geo centric (explosions on crystalize and +geo dmg).
    Last edited by Lindon; 2021-01-05 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    For all that is holy, make sure that you lock payments on the google play store or whatever device they use. I can foresee an absolute disaster in the making.
    Haha thanks for the advice. they're on PC so no payments have been attached. I had that disaster with pokemon go. Thank god she only bought the $5 package.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    That won't happen. They might do something about the dupes though cuz holy shit, those whales prob have c2000 of every 4* at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

If you used any other viable comp you would be able to hop around and clear both domains and abyss levels faster and easier.

There is a reason why Mihoyo chose to buff Zhongli and not just let the people crying about him being bad die out. Fact of the matter is that he is currently not good. What I mean when I use the word "good" is relative to the powerlevel of all current characters. The fact that you can gear any character and clear everything is irrelevant.
    Yea that reason is, they want money. Hard to understand I know.

Also, have you seen gameplay of geo comps? it really doesn't get any easier than that. You can't literally hop around with other comps.

- - - Updated - - -

1. His energy generation is bad. It's completely RNG based.
    2. His elemental dmg is quite low.
    3. His shield is not good enough to warrant him having such low supportive dps.
    4. His pillar has an abysmally low range (can be played around).
    5. His petrify is a gimmick. If you use him as a support you're probably getting less than 2 seconds worth of that debuff. Also adding the fact that the petrify doesn't interrupt mobs, it just pauses their animations.
    6. His animations (hold E and Q) are insanely long. Further reducing his effective DPS. Hold E is especially bad at this considering it has almost no knockback protection nor immunity despite being a 2 second cast.
    7. He is geo.

These are just what I can come up with on the top of my head.

Edit: The thing that currently carries some geo characters currently is that some abyss levels have rotated to be more geo centric (explosions on crystalize and +geo dmg).
    1. valid point but his energy regen is fine if you pair him with another geo. I don't see this as a negative because forming specific comps is literally what this game is about.
    2. He's not a main dps so any complaint about his damage is irrelevant.
    3. I disagree, his shield is very good.
    4. valid point, but this just seems more like something to nitpick because you don't like zhongli.
    5. This is 100% my issue with zhongli. His petrify is definitely a gimmick...it doesn't actually do anything.
    6. I haven't had any issues getting hold E off.
    7. another dumb complaint.

I think what they should've done with zongli is fixing up the pillar and energy regen and actually make his ult petrify hard-interrupt the enemies attacks. This would then give him a very good niche as a shield character and ult bot with very good utility. But nope, they went the route of pumping up his damage because that's what people want.