Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    You really really shouldn't try to grind for perfect artifacts. Even my best have some HP or defense in there. Those small differences aren't going to make or break your 36 star abyss run either.
    It's the principle of the matter. It's like optimizing in wow raids. Is optimizing to that degree necessary? No. Is that tiny amount of DPS why your guild isn't dropping a boss? Maybe, but likely no. HOWEVER. It feels good to have absolutely and totally removed that aspect from consideration. It allows you to feel complete (which is why they don't want to make it really possible).

They should fuck off. They release enough characters to where they could offer some way of targeting perfect artifacts and still not have to worry about anyone who would get burned out after "completing" a character actually feeling like they've completed much of anything.

Besides that, you're acting like it doesn't still take weeks of your 160 resin to get even competent artifacts, and the difference between a char with something like 75% crit, 150% crit dmg, proper element goblet, etc and someone who just has "meh" artifacts is actually huge.

Artifact grinding remains the absolute worst part of the game.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2022-01-03 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    It's the principle of the matter. It's like optimizing in wow raids. Is optimizing to that degree necessary? No. Is that tiny amount of DPS why your guild isn't dropping a boss? Maybe, but likely no. HOWEVER. It feels good to have absolutely and totally removed that aspect from consideration. It allows you to feel complete (which is why they don't want to make it really possible).

They should fuck off. They release enough characters to where they could offer some way of targeting perfect artifacts and still not have to worry about anyone who would get burned out after "completing" a character actually feeling like they've completed much of anything.

Besides that, you're acting like it doesn't still take weeks of your 160 resin to get even competent artifacts, and the difference between a char with something like 75% crit, 150% crit dmg, proper element goblet, etc and someone who just has "meh" artifacts is actually huge.

Artifact grinding remains the absolute worst part of the game.
    ...and the only part of the game that makes most of the playerbase play regularly.

I don't think we'll ever get a system where you can completely optimize your artifacts, that would remove ~95% of the chase content from the game. Whenever you get a new character, you're done with the talent books/mora/ascension mats in a couple weeks tops; artifact grind is forever.

I'd agree that it's terrible if it was necessary to have completely optimized characters, but as it stands, it isn't, so it's fine.
    What you're describing as "competent artifacts" is the short-term goal you're supposed to be aiming for; it's still rewarding, because you get a powerful character that can rinse abyss.
    Perfect ones are meant to be unicorns (unless it's flowers/feathers, where it's very much attainable due to the set mainstat)

Quote Originally Posted by bajcli View Post
    ...and the only part of the game that makes most of the playerbase play regularly.
    Who actually ENJOYS spending resin doing that, though?

I'd actually say most players play for the events constantly on rotation and the new characters. They don't NEED to make a character take theoretically infinity to complete. People aren't gonna quit after their "main" is done. They have a whole slew of other characters on the roster.

Perfect ones are meant to be unicorns (unless it's flowers/feathers, where it's very much attainable due to the set mainstat)
    Unicorns acquired from pure RNG shouldn't exist in games. They should be skill based acquisitions and they also shouldn't be tied to power in any way IMO. BUT this is a gacha game, and they're cancer in this department, so it's w/e. I know it's not changing, even if it's fucking retarded.

Who actually ENJOYS spending resin doing that, though?

I'd actually say most players play for the events constantly on rotation and the new characters. They don't NEED to make a character take theoretically infinity to complete. People aren't gonna quit after their "main" is done. They have a whole slew of other characters on the roster.

Unicorns acquired from pure RNG shouldn't exist in games. They should be skill based acquisitions and they also shouldn't be tied to power in any way IMO. BUT this is a gacha game, and they're cancer in this department, so it's w/e. I know it's not changing, even if it's fucking retarded.
    Speaking for myself I've been good on mora, exp books, talent books, and boss mats for quite a long time now. Having artifacts set up this way at least gives a purpose to resin now and the foreseeable future, even if the chance for something good is low. At the same time it doesn't really punish players who don't feel like taking part in the slot machine game because said chances are so low... and also because this game is easy.

Speaking for myself I've been good on mora, exp books, talent books, and boss mats for quite a long time now. Having artifacts set up this way at least gives a purpose to resin now and the foreseeable future, even if the chance for something good is low. At the same time it doesn't really punish players who don't feel like taking part in the slot machine game because said chances are so low... and also because this game is easy.
    Again, do you ACTUALLY like going into a domain to murder everything in 40 seconds just to say you spent your resin? I don't. I hate repeating shit 100 times when the only reason I'm in there is to get something and I get nothing 99.999% of the time. I'd rather just have nothing to do in the game than be disappointed every day for months.

Maybe if domains were fun in their own right? But they're not. They're like 1 step above overworld enemies.

Again, do you ACTUALLY like going into a domain to murder everything in 40 seconds just to say you spent your resin? I don't. I hate repeating shit 100 times when the only reason I'm in there is to get something and I get nothing 99.999% of the time. I'd rather just have nothing to do in the game than be disappointed every day for months.

Maybe if domains were fun in their own right? But they're not. They're like 1 step above overworld enemies.
    People who enjoy the gameplay enjoy spending resin.
    It's no different from farming in Diablo or any other ARPG

It's like you don't even know these kind of games exist and have a large playerbase.

I do it whenever I feel like it, mostly due to the fact that I have strong artifacts already and it's unlikely to get upgrades.
    At the moment, I farm the Viridescent set for a random EM Circlet or Sands/Goblet.
    I have one of the 3, but I need one for one of the other slots to get the 4p bonus, so I can use a randomset for the last EM piece.

When I have a new character that wants to use a new set, I farm these domains daily for quite a while, as I find it enjoyable to increase my characterpower.
    Last edited by KrayZee33; 2022-01-03 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bajcli View Post
    Nowadays I'll rather spam mora ley lines because I'm absolutely done dropping the exact worst in slot artifacts 90% the time and 9% of passable, but not good. Not to mention they are also incredibly annoying to clear. I only farm mora because I figure it will eventually get better and then I'll find use for it (plus talents cost a lot). I won't say I'm in the majority here, but there's definitely plenty of people who stopped doing artifact domains or quit altogether because of the system.

There's a big difference between "clear 300 domains and you WILL get perfect artifact set" and "clear 300 domains and you may not even get a single perfect piece". You still need multiple sets, anyway, and new ones are coming all the time, so it's still a matter of months or even years to get the artifacts you want, but if you know you'll get there eventually, you can probably find motivation. They absolutely don't need to make players grind their faces on a grater for artifacts, it's a dumb design decision that will get them nowhere in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee33 View Post
    When I have a new character that wants to use a new set, I farm these domains daily for quite a while, as I find it enjoyable to increase my characterpower.
    You're confusing the payout with the activity. I didn't ask if you liked the RESULTS of your labor. I asked if you liked doing the thing. Put another way, if you had 0 chance of getting artifacts or anything of power out of it, would you enjoy doing it?

I'd personally still do spiral abyss and push numbers in events like energy amplifier even without any rewards. I would NOT, however, do domains, collect character materials, farm anything. I'd do all that type of content for the amount of times it's enjoyable to me: Once. The amount of times it's novel enough to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I won't say I'm in the majority here, but there's definitely plenty of people who stopped doing artifact domains or quit altogether because of the system.
    I'm another person who gave up on artifact domains a little while back. I've been spending my resin on getting all my characters to at least 80, with level 6 talents. And it has actually paid off, recently. Since I had Noelle leveled, and got Gorou leveled soon after, both the new Rifthound boss and the Rifthound domain in the recent event were made significantly easier. It's theoretically possible that I could have spent all of the resin I used to level Noelle and Gorou on artifact domains instead, and not have a single semi-decent artifact to show for it.

There's a big difference between "clear 300 domains and you WILL get perfect artifact set" and "clear 300 domains and you may not even get a single perfect piece".
    Again, this is exactly why I gave up on artifact domains. As I alluded to above, it's entirely possible to spend hundreds upon thousands of resin...and not get a single usable artifact to show for it. Now, it's true that that is highly unlikely to happen; you will more than likely get something you can use, even if it's not perfect or even "good". But the fact that's even theoretically possible, thanks to the fact that artifacts have absolutely no system in place to protect against abysmal RNG whatsoever, is what makes my stomach turn. One can't help but feel that the resin wasted could be better spent on more concrete rewards that might still be useful in the future, like leveling additional characters or, in your case, stockpiling Mora.

They absolutely don't need to make players grind their faces on a grater for artifacts, it's a dumb design decision that will get them nowhere in the end.
    Unfortunately, like you mentioned, players likes us seem to be in the minority. Most of the playerbase seems to at least tolerate the system, even if they might admit they'd prefer something better. The game already preys on the type of folks that get a high from winning their dice rolls, whether it be on banners or good stats on an artifact.

And Mihoyo has absolutely no incentive to change how it currently works either, since resin refreshes are likely one of the big things that whales or impatient people with too much money tend to dump primogems (a.k.a. real money, eventually) into. I suspect that the constant release of events and story content is partially meant to distract people from getting too burnt out on the artifact grind.

Like you, I do still hold out some hope that they might, at the very least, streamline the artifact grinding process somewhat. Again, even the ability to reroll one stat on an artifact would be massive upgrade to the pure RNG we have now, and could probably be monetized in a way that Mihoyo could still profit from. However, there's no getting around the fact that Mihoyo doesn't always make decisions that are profitable (see them dragging their feet when it comes to character costumes), and once more in this case, the current artifact system is still profitable for them and encourages a certain amount of player retention.

So yeah, any hope of it changing any time soon is still ultimately a faint hope. In the meantime, I guess I'll keep leveling and improving characters as much as I can outside of artifact grinding.
    Last edited by RadasNoir; 2022-01-03 at 03:35 PM.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

You're confusing the payout with the activity. I didn't ask if you liked the RESULTS of your labor. I asked if you liked doing the thing. Put another way, if you had 0 chance of getting artifacts or anything of power out of it, would you enjoy doing it?

I'd personally still do spiral abyss and push numbers in events like energy amplifier even without any rewards. I would NOT, however, do domains, collect character materials, farm anything. I'd do all that type of content for the amount of times it's enjoyable to me: Once. The amount of times it's novel enough to justify it.
    Nope I'm not, that's not how it works.

It's part of it. There are games designed around this, like Cookie-clickers and stuff like that.
    You might as well ask if people enjoy playing Diablo after clearing Hell once, the answer is yes. Basically everyone who is playing D3 now enjoys the gameplay loop.
    The reward is part of the system.

Or in your case, you could ask yourself: "Do I actually like playing Genshin Impact? Or do I only want to brag about my points and show that I'm better than others" It's the same question and it's a stupid question because it doesn't work like that.
    Same result/effort relationship as domain-farming.

I enjoy playing Genshin and doing the gameplay loop. Get a new character, farm equipment, do events, get a new character, farm equipment, do events.
    It's enjoyable as long as it lasts and something else gets my attention.
    Now after having farmed for a year or so, it's obviously less fun because there is hardly any way to upgrade. But that applies to the whole game in general, not just to Domain farming.
    I only do Abyss due to it giving Crystals, same with the events. They are, by themselves, rather boring and pointless.
    They are only interesting for me because there are rewards attached to it.
    I wouldn't have played D3 more than whatever I needed to kill Diablo either if there wasn't gear to farm or characters to improve or builds to try out. (In fact, I would probably not even touched the game in the first place)
    Last edited by KrayZee33; 2022-01-03 at 04:41 PM.

Nope I'm not, that's not how it works.
    I mean it definitely can be how it works. I know games like cookie clicker exist, but I hate those. Fortunately for me, I also hate the gameplay (spamming a single button is hardly engaging). Unfortunately for me, I really like everything else GI has to offer except their monetization, which is the root of all the other bullshit like horrible 1/6000 chances for perfect artifacts.

I only do Abyss due to it giving Crystals, same with the events. They are, by themselves, rather boring and pointless.
    I disagree and find the act of simply manipulating my characters/teams against opponents that don't die in one combo and actually can kill me enjoyable in and of itself.

Do I enjoy bragging or whatever? Sure. But if there was absolutely no one else in the world playing the game, I'd still be playing and doing those things.

They are only interesting for me because there are rewards attached to it.
    That's unfortunate to me. I try to limit that type of stuff to strictly JUST my job.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2022-01-03 at 04:58 PM.

I think more people quit genshin because of the frustration/disappointment from randomness/bad luck, rather than from *i completed the whole game, i leveled/maxed all my characters, i have nothing to do*. I don't think people will quit because they feel oversatisfied for completing all possible content, if the game feels complete after you've just perfected a character then the game design itself is flawed, the game should still be playable even after you 'geared' your characters, they should come up with much more in depth gameplay.

All in all, genshin impact is just a very boring game with annoying dailys, not anyone likes to play it every day just to be in pace with everyone, they just play it casual, is not like it is an elite game of any kind, the only things you can enjoy in this game is getting a new character, play the new content a few days/weeks/months then it becomes extremely dull/plain/simple/repetitive feels like a labor more than a game.

Even if you did or didn't maxed all your characters in power you can still beat all the monsters in world and domains, even in abyss (maybe only struggle in 12th or max events) which anyway doesn't give you anything besides 1 second of an illusion of satisfaction which is rather a reversed ragequit more than a real win, you didn't win, you just didn't lost, after you lost a hundred or a thousand times before. Is not fun just to roll dices and be "happy" because you got highest number.

They really need to bring something new and exciting, probably most players just come and roll when a new character comes, if they don't get it they play a day, if they do get it they play a week, and quit again until next patch... You know most people play other games or have a life...
    Last edited by Nzembwamugumbwalchu; 2022-01-03 at 07:01 PM.

You're just admitting the game doesnt have any actual content and you're just going through the motions you've been groomed to do, to dump your resin.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I'm another person who gave up on artifact domains a little while back. I've been spending my resin on getting all my characters to at least 80, with level 6 talents. And it has actually paid off, recently. Since I had Noelle leveled, and got Gorou leveled soon after, both the new Rifthound boss and the Rifthound domain in the recent event were made significantly easier. It's theoretically possible that I could have spent all of the resin I used to level Noelle and Gorou on artifact domains instead, and not have a single semi-decent artifact to show for it.
    Preach, I've done the same, all characters 80/90, talents 6/6/6, some 7/7/7 or more. It feels way more rewarding that farming artifacts because there's a clear end to the goal. I've been doing artifact runs again for the last month or so since I finished that, and honestly it feels miserable. I'm probably gonna go back to talent book farming and bring everyone to 8/8/8. At least it's not gonna be a shitton of resin thrown into the void.

Same as you, hoping for a way to mitigate the RNG. We're already got the dream solvent for boss mats and dust of azoth for gems as a way to soft-nerf RNG, one can only hope.

I mean it definitely can be how it works. I know games like cookie clicker exist, but I hate those. Fortunately for me, I also hate the gameplay (spamming a single button is hardly engaging). Unfortunately for me, I really like everything else GI has to offer except their monetization, which is the root of all the other bullshit like horrible 1/6000 chances for perfect artifacts.

I disagree and find the act of simply manipulating my characters/teams against opponents that don't die in one combo and actually can kill me enjoyable in and of itself.

Do I enjoy bragging or whatever? Sure. But if there was absolutely no one else in the world playing the game, I'd still be playing and doing those things.

That's unfortunate to me. I try to limit that type of stuff to strictly JUST my job.
    then why are you playing genshin?

One day someone will say: Add PvP in Genshin Impact, then everyone will love/hate this subject...!

Quote Originally Posted by Nzembwamugumbwalchu View Post
    What this game needs is a complete rework of artifacts system, in over 1 year i don`t even have 1 single perfect artifact with all mainstat/substats, and like less than 10 decent artifacts...

They should make an artifact forge where you make your own artifacts, maybe farm a lot of materials but in the end of long hard work you get exactly what artifact you want. One simple idea could be equally upgraded stats, or a complex idea where you actually build your artifacts with gems/sockets besides crafting them with expensive base materials. They could make it something like dismantle artifacts and when you have reached like x/100 times same substat from 100 destroyed artifacts then you can forge that kind of gem stat to craft artifacts.
    I mean, if you actually sat and thought about it, you'd know why they'd never do that. There's a reason why you see people who have cracked out artifacts are people who resin refresh every day for months. That's what they want from you.

- - - Updated - - -

Removing some layers of rng from the artifact system won't make the game any more engaging to me. The core issue is that the combat is super fcking bland, generic, and simple. They also try to make it look like it's more complex these days by adding a 10,000 word description in artifacts and skills but at the end of the day it's still the same shit. Itto for example, you literally just do the same normal attack combo and then charge attack. Nothing different.

It's not that bad right now since we still have some, let's say aspects, missing (certain elements, roles in each element, and their pattern of making 4* or 5* equivalent of existing characters)...but eventually it will get stale like I wrote in previous post, if they don't change it up.

I am really really really really hoping Yae is actually unique and not just another charged attack catalyst character. I will be very disappointed if she is.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2022-01-03 at 08:56 PM.

I don't get why people complain about Genshin's combat system.
    It's not really bland, at least relative to other games from 2000-2020.

The elemental interaction, normal/charged attack, character switch, party buffing and i-frame dodging snapshotting and positioning is pretty much what most games do in terms of combat.
    There is no need to change it up in any way whatsoever.

I mean, whenever you can't normal-attack to victory people in this thread complain that it's "artificial" how you can't attack all of the time and have to dodge stuff and stuff like that, even if there are several ways to play around it.

There are all kinds of characters and gameplay styles available, some are more demanding than others.
    From charged attack Ganyu/Hu Tao spam all the way to Dragonstrike Noelle or air-juggling Keqing

It's just not required by difficulty to utilize it, maybe not even the most efficient, but you are playing a waifu-game, that's how it should be. Yet everyones acting like this is mythic raiding and the modifiers and character balance is important.
    So everyone has to be equal, but at the same time, every new character has to outscale the previous ones or they are "trash" and "Mihoyo doesn't know how to design characters" if they are not....

*shrug*
    Last edited by KrayZee33; 2022-01-03 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by requiemfordeath View Post
    then why are you playing genshin?
    Because it's not just one button? It's a game focused on team composition and wombo combo setups. Dodge and "action combat" make it infinitely more engaging than a lot of other systems. Just because you don't need to play optimally for a lot of the game's combat doesn't mean there isn't optimal play to be had, nor does it mean there aren't places that demand optimization (i.e. getting 7000+ scores on the current energy amp event).

I don't get why people complain about Genshin's combat system.
    *shrug*
    I agree with you here. It is just as fun and engaging as a lot of my other favorite games. I'd like to know what other people consider "more engaging" or "complex." Nothing I can think of has 8 button rotations + 2 attack types + dodging + ultimate wombo combo chainz.

Decided to try a new team on Abyss just for the lolz (with Geo traveler) and to my surprise...i 3 star'ed floor 12-2 at first try.
    Went back and recorded it.

Geo traveler is kinda nice

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp..._geo_traveler/

I played awful on the video though