Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Whales are gonna whale regardless of challenge or powercreep. I mean, they are already whaling in a game where they basically get an opportunity to play the characters they paid tens of thousands of dollars for for 10 minutes every 3 weeks. There's no reason to assume they would expect challenges to be balanced around new powercreeped characters. Balance around baseline characters for the rewards and slap a global ranking on it and they'll be paying even more.
    Maybe. Don't know. Could also be that Whales like to be totally overpowered. Who knows. But that was not what i was arguing against.
    Very Tired argued that higher challenges would lead to more spending. I don't think so, at least not with the current game systems and over a longer time. That would only work with powercreep.

Fixed my lag issue. Had to do a clean reinstall. Looking on google for a bit, a lot of people randomly had this issue and a clean install seemed to be the solution in every case for the game starting to randomly lag. Just an FYI in case anyone else here ever experiences that start up.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, so many leaks:

[Questionable]

2 Artifact sets in 3.0

One set increases Dendro Dmg and debuffs the enemy for you to do more dendro Dmg
    The other set increases Crit Dmg and decreases DEF and Shield Strength

[Questionable]

I wasn't aware back then but it's a lot more than just "meeting" a new harbinger.

Scaramouches upcoming playable release around 3.2 has already been mentioned by Uncle DD and the QRTd tweet mentions meeting a harbinger which we haven't seen in game yet (1/2)

[Questionable]

3.0 will have 3 new chars. Two 5 Stars and One 4 Star.

Collei is the 4 star.

[Questionable]

Actually, One 5 Star and Two 4 Stars (Ignoring Dendro Traveller)

Collei info remains the same. Tighnari was mentioned in my previous tweets as the 5. The final char, I don't know yet but I'll update if/when I'm given more info.

[Questionable]

Most of the starting Sumeru chars focus around the new dendro reactions, those being

Hydro + Dendro
    Electro + Dendro

This may seem kinda obvs with dendro coming out but it means that the other elements will generally be taking a backseat for a while.

[Questionable - Update?]

The bow char is actually Tighnari who has "long ears" whereas the "Klee-Like 'Elf' ears" is another character entirely

Ears confusion lmfao. There's just a lot of chars with Animal-Like features in the Sumeru cast.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    3.0 will have 3 new chars. Two 5 Stars and One 4 Star.
    I wish 5*s were actually proportionately less in number than 4*s, but why put effort into making a character if it isn't going to print you money

The layout for this drum thing is awful to read, atleast for me.
    Curved line with notes coming in at an angle... I would play to perfect the pro difficulty on the previous events but i dont see myself doing anything past normal for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    The layout for this drum thing is awful to read, atleast for me.
    Curved line with notes coming in at an angle... I would play to perfect the pro difficulty on the previous events but i dont see myself doing anything past normal for this.
    Yeah, it's horrendous. It may not be as bad on mobiles, since the screen is small, but with bigger screens you need some serious exotropia to keep up with notes on 2 sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Yeah, it's horrendous. It may not be as bad on mobiles, since the screen is small, but with bigger screens you need some serious exotropia to keep up with notes on 2 sides.
    :cries in 32:9:
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Music is better this time around, and I appreciate their lag compensation thing, but those were never the worst offenders of the music events.

They tried to cover it up this time by just having every note be a generic "bonk" noise so it's less intrusive, but the fucking thing that always sucks with these events is
    1) the input indicators not lining up absolutely perfectly with the actual music being played (either just slightly off or flat-out invented inputs that have no correlation to notes in
    the music)
    2) no rhyme or reason to the note being hit and just being random patterns instead of tied to something, I.E. "A" = highhat, "L" = bass drum, "S" = snare, etc. Especially with this event, it would have been so easy to do that.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2022-06-13 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never realized how similar to Platinum Disco Yoimiya's theme was lol

The lag calibration is appreciated, but damn does the curved playing surface suck on ultrawides. Why can't they just go up and down like DDR...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I never realized how similar to Platinum Disco Yoimiya's theme was lol

The lag calibration is appreciated, but damn does the curved playing surface suck on ultrawides. Why can't they just go up and down like DDR...
    Gonna go on a limb and say the curved notes suck. Period. I dunno why they went with that "artistic" approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been pretty gruesome on playstation. Might try it on mobile today and see how that works.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    Gonna go on a limb and say the curved notes suck. Period. I dunno why they went with that "artistic" approach.
    I just muted the game when i was playing it. Much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I just muted the game when i was playing it. Much easier.
    The music seemed to me almost on point with the notes, but I had to mute the drum sound when hitting the notes because it was throwing me off my groove.

The music seemed to me almost on point with the notes, but I had to mute the drum sound when hitting the notes because it was throwing me off my groove.
    I might do that... itto's song was way worse than yanfei's when it came to "pointless timing of inputs versus what's actually going on in the song"

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I might do that... itto's song was way worse than yanfei's when it came to "pointless timing of inputs versus what's actually going on in the song"
    Yeah, I don't know if it's me but sometimes feels like a bit of a delay with the note press and the *thunk* from the drum, which made it feel off tempo. But without the drum sound (and the calibrating thing) feels a lot better and on sync with the music.

EDIT: when I saw the editing thing I thought "cool, I guess we can share song sheets with other players like in the make-your-dungeon event" but it was a letdown, you can only edit the already existing ones to play them yourself.
    Last edited by Gomelus; 2022-06-15 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three characters I don't have in the next banner. Makes me feel better about rolling for Kuki. I do wonder, it's going to be hard to save. Heizou is intriguing too, and then we got Sumeru right around the corner. I at least want Collei. And I hope we get Amber tagging along at some point and getting a reunion with her.

Yeah, I don't know if it's me but sometimes feels like a bit of a delay with the note press and the *thunk* from the drum, which made it feel off tempo. But without the drum sound (and the calibrating thing) feels a lot better and on sync with the music.
    For some reason it's much easier for me in this event to play it with sound turned off, i can do the hardest mode at 3 stars without sound and i struggle to do medium difficulty with sound on.
    It's kinda sad because the music is quite good.

Pretty good game. It's a pity, it is also spoiled by microtransactions

10+ Year Old Account

Reminder:
    https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com...inobu/?lang=EN
    Kuki is a realy bad character, so save your primogems. She is just a electro Barbara with hu tao skill.
    Chungyun is mosty usless character and very pain to play with his E. Not to mention he has a bad support.
    Gorou is usless for 95% of characters, so pull only if you build a geo only team.
    Itto is kinda ok, but needs a very high investment in special supports or he suffers from lack of energy. You can just use Noelle instead as she hits a bit less, but she provides shield and healing.

Personaly i think this is a banner best skipped (you can get new 4 star on some other banner later).

As for weapon banner:
    Redhorn Stonethresher is only realy good for 2 characters in game, however the big trap of this weapon banner is Memory of Dust as there are just better 4 star weapons than this.
    For 4 stars --- stingless is realy good, Lions roar is mostly usless, Sacrificial Fragments is Bis for Sucrose, Dragon's Bane is ok, but replaceable by a better fishing weapon and Lithic Blade is usless garbage.

I would only recomend pulling on weapon banner if you are planing to build Fischl, Venti, Sucrose or Xiangling.

This video is so relatable
    Specially the part where they are on abyss doorsteps...2 teams fighting for Xingqiu
    I feel the pain (i mean FELT...not anymore with Yelan)