Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I had more of a Groundhog Day feeling to be honest. We didn't really go back and forth in time. I liked Tenet, though.
    One thing that bothers me the most. This type of quest would be perfect for a wow emerald dream expansion.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Haven't really said this before but this patch seems to have brought a bit to much content. I'm already rapidly spacebaring through quests, wondering why it never ends. All because some genius at Mihoyo decided to gate weekly requests/bounties behind requiring level 2 rep.
    Yeah, that's the thing about gating content behind other content, you end up feeling like you just want it to be over instead of enjoying it. Bit of a shame, really.
    Last edited by Ghost of Cow; 2022-09-01 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Haven't really said this before but this patch seems to have brought a bit to much content. I'm already rapidly spacebaring through quests, wondering why it never ends. All because some genius at Mihoyo decided to gate weekly requests/bounties behind requiring level 2 rep.
    For me, it's that I just find the dialog pacing too fucking slow with a lot of meaningless fluff in there. Why am I going to 3 different places looking for shit in the city just to also have 3-5 minutes of paimon "I guess it isn't here either!" garbage. Just fucking handwave that obnoxiousness or show all 3 of them in short cutscenes without me having to walk there and spam through dialog.

Another issue is that you can't spam through dialog, which... when it's so obvious what's going on... makes it incredibly boring. With anime, I can just skip filler episodes or watch them on 2x. With genshin, I have to wait so long. I just zone out, which takes me out of the game and makes me frustrated, which kills my motivation to push on.

Content is great. Filler content is fine just to give me things to do, but dialog heavy filler content is definitely not what I want to be doing in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, best artifact in the world:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    For me, it's that I just find the dialog pacing too fucking slow with a lot of meaningless fluff in there. Why am I going to 3 different places looking for shit in the city just to also have 3-5 minutes of paimon "I guess it isn't here either!" garbage. Just fucking handwave that obnoxiousness or show all 3 of them in short cutscenes without me having to walk there and spam through dialog.

Another issue is that you can't spam through dialog, which... when it's so obvious what's going on... makes it incredibly boring. With anime, I can just skip filler episodes or watch them on 2x. With genshin, I have to wait so long. I just zone out, which takes me out of the game and makes me frustrated, which kills my motivation to push on.

Content is great. Filler content is fine just to give me things to do, but dialog heavy filler content is definitely not what I want to be doing in the game.
    That's MMOs/RPGs for you.

It's this really awkward combination of wanting to stretch the content out, having "filler", but also needing to have the player be "engaged" at the same time. Where you might be really happy to watch a verbal exchange between Varys and Tyrion in Game of Thrones, it's not quite the same when you have to be in control of half of the conversation by clicking and moving and walking across the room.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post

I felt this so hard. The cabbages' quest as a whole is good, but I swear that trying to read through everything with everyone's name being one vowel away from being the same is just... background noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    That's MMOs/RPGs for you.

It's this really awkward combination of wanting to stretch the content out, having "filler", but also needing to have the player be "engaged" at the same time. Where you might be really happy to watch a verbal exchange between Varys and Tyrion in Game of Thrones, it's not quite the same when you have to be in control of half of the conversation by clicking and moving and walking across the room.
    Technically you can put the conversations on auto-play, but then the problem of 95% of them not being voiced kicks in. They really need to start voicing the more important blue quests, you don't need star VAs for every role, simply having them dubbed improves the enjoyment and definitely would make me less likely to skip. Their big zone quests are usually pretty well written (as opposed to event ones lately, which happen to be voiced to some extent) and it's just a waste not to dub them. I don't care much for the flying mushrooms, but I still can't get over the fact they didn't voice Zhiqiong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Technically you can put the conversations on auto-play, but then the problem of 95% of them not being voiced kicks in. They really need to start voicing the more important blue quests, you don't need star VAs for every role, simply having them dubbed improves the enjoyment and definitely would make me less likely to skip. Their big zone quests are usually pretty well written (as opposed to event ones lately, which happen to be voiced to some extent) and it's just a waste not to dub them. I don't care much for the flying mushrooms, but I still can't get over the fact they didn't voice Zhiqiong.
    And there comes the MC *dialogue* with options that:

-Just stop the flow...
    -... of the conversation.

Pretty happy with my party so far, got a c6 diona, c5 fischl, and using traveller and c0 zhongli. I wanna pretty solid party to focus on first as a new player don't wanna spread to thin

Not sure who to try get for my 4th slot. I don't think I'll have time to try get more zhongli for his constellations so I'm thinking a 4 star pyro dps character might be nice for that 4th slot like a bennet or xinyan what do you guys reckon
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2022-09-02 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Pretty happy with my party so far, got a c6 diona, c5 fischl, and using traveller and c0 zhongli. I wanna pretty solid party to focus on first as a new player don't wanna spread to thin

Not sure who to try get for my 4th slot. I don't think I'll have time to try get more zhongli for his constellations so I'm thinking a 4 star pyro dps character might be nice for that 4th slot like a bennet or xinyan what do you guys reckon
    You shouldn't go for 5* constellations if you're a new player, certainly not for supports and even certainlier not for Zhongli, he doesn't need them. Bennett or Xinyan aren't pyro DPSers, Bennett isn't a DPS and Xinyan is physical and garbage. Though a physical DPS is a good pick for that setup, Eula would be perfect there, she might be up on a banner soon (Rosaria could work too if you have her). Fischl is busted with dendro reactions, so you may want to use her with dendro MC or Collei.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2022-09-02 at 09:58 AM.

Try to get Tighnari to use with Fischl, but i guess you won't be able to level him until you get to sumeru
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

4 star pyro? Try Yanfei.
    I have quite a few 5stars by now but Yanfei is still a cornerstone of many of my teams. Nice damage (not that big numbers but a very good sustain), great range, in c6 a good shield, works great with water and electro. I tried to replace her but i don't find any 5star that comes close to her.

The problem with pyro is that you wish you could use benneth and xiangling in every team lol. Its good they dont make the 4 stars shit on purpose too much lol. To be honest too much people overlook their 4 star units while they have 6 constellation, for some 5 star they got. without checking the actual math people do.

If im honest the trend when a character is bad is usually that their cooldowns are too long. Energy cost can be made up by powerful units like shogun raiden and stats. But when your stuff on long cooldown its kinda dead in the water for most content.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2022-09-02 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    The problem with pyro is that you wish you could use benneth and xiangling in every team lol. Its good they dont make the 4 stars shit on purpose too much lol. To be honest too much people overlook their 4 star units while they have 6 constellation, for some 5 star they got. without checking the actual math people do.
    TBF they release so few 4*s it would be hard to make them shit on purpose. But then basically every single 4* released since late Liyue/Inazuma has either been outclassed by a C0 5* filling the same role, entirely useless (*cough* Kuki *cough*) or hyper situational - or in other words, useless for anyone who doesn't have a very specific setup requiring a certain character, usually a 5*, to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    TBF they release so few 4*s it would be hard to make them shit on purpose. But then basically every single 4* released since late Liyue/Inazuma has either been outclassed by a C0 5* filling the same role, entirely useless (*cough* Kuki *cough*) or hyper situational - or in other words, useless for anyone who doesn't have a very specific setup requiring a certain character, usually a 5*, to work.
    Its not just about not being outclassed, more like if you build them up they are strong enough to cruise to anything sometime at the same speed as most C0 5 Stars or faster. But like i said the ones that are good gets way too overlooked even with the fact those you can easily get c6 with. Someone mentioned Yanfei a good example. At C6 she better then a C0 Yoimiya or C0 Diluc. You only outclass her with Hu Tao. It is true that if you look at time. The OG Fishl, Benneth, Xiangling, xinqui, sucrose are kinda on another level. Probably just the nature of making different stuff. Still had some good stuff after. Hopefully the wave coming of new character from sumeru have good 4 stars.

5+ Year Old Account
    Dendro Archon is Peter Parker.

Best sumeru characters for me, "Snifftheminthebutt" and "Allhatethem"
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we all agree the Aranaras are just Koroks

Lets gooo!
    Came back to check the game out. The new zone is beautiful

So build my traveler as dendro, it seems dendro is how they decided to fix electro having bad reactions. That thing shreds, Im clearing shit as fast if not faster then my ganyu reverse melt with keqing, fislh, traveler, sucrose. My keqing is not super invested since I use raiden as electro carry, so it doesent beat my raiden international team. But I cant wait to pull for kusalani and make some insane aggravate team, saved 190 wish lol.

Dendro doesent seems to do as much work for my raiden anyway lol. Her burst already crit for 500k and charged attack for 50-60k. So the added dendro doesent do as much. But on Fishl its often3-4x her regular damage. The faster your ability hits and the lower its damage, the more the reaction is obvious.

So pretty much any electro seems pretty viable now, even lisa has shitload of base EM for it. Only poor razor is left in the dust lol. One day physical will be a thing. Its a good thing they did that too, honestly Electro has some of the more fun unit to play, Units like Keqing, Beidou, Yae are super fun to play, but if they arent worth it in power it sucks. Wasted kits.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2022-09-03 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Only poor razor is left in the dust lol. One day physical will be a thing. Its a good thing they did that too, honestly Electro has some of the more fun unit to play, Units like Keqing, Beidou, Yae are super fun to play, but if they arent worth it in power it sucks. Wasted kits.
    There actually is a comp that works for razor but it involves c6 bennett, which I'm not going to do just for razor. Not to mention if you ever have to step out of the circle your damage will just completely disappear. It's not a very practical comp imo but thought I'd mention it.