Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    I'll agree about the underground exploration, feels trash to navigate and trying to remember where did you explore. I do like the backtracking though, gives me Metroid vibes where you see something and you go like "ah, I'll mark this one to come back later when I have the thing". Plus I like the egyptian aesthetic so for me, it's an overall good zone to explore.
    I don't mind retracing at all. But it has to be done properly. As much as I hated Enkanomiya, retracing was the least of its problems. Tsurumi was also alright even though you had to play it 3 times. But mapless dungeons with single pathways stretching across half the zone is a massive no-no in general, all the more so if you have to backtrack across it while dealing with utterly misleading teleports and corridors to get a single chest or a dendroculus. I mean, even with a map it would be bad, without it it's plain atrocious. I would definitely prefer if they had harder, but self-contained areas. I mean hell, they literally put pyramids in the zone, could you get any more classic than having every pyramid be its own thematic mini-zone instead of these stupid, kilometres-long, mirror image corridors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I don't mind retracing at all. But it has to be done properly. As much as I hated Enkanomiya, retracing was the least of its problems. Tsurumi was also alright even though you had to play it 3 times. But mapless dungeons with single pathways stretching across half the zone is a massive no-no in general, all the more so if you have to backtrack across it while dealing with utterly misleading teleports and corridors to get a single chest or a dendroculus. I mean, even with a map it would be bad, without it it's plain atrocious. I would definitely prefer if they had harder, but self-contained areas. I mean hell, they literally put pyramids in the zone, could you get any more classic than having every pyramid be its own thematic mini-zone instead of these stupid, kilometres-long, mirror image corridors?
    Man i fell sorry for people who dont have Yelan and Sayu. There is so much running araund its insane.
    Last edited by Yunru; 2022-10-03 at 08:47 PM.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nahida burst works off-field according to latest datamining, so there's that. Hoping for better dendro application tho ;-; Dendro Xingqui when?

Highlights of recent Genshin Interview
    - No plans to expand end-game similar to Spiral Abyss
    - Mini-game such as TCG to provide the permanent end-game experience
    - Resin increase: No
    - Old characters won't get buffs
    - Traveler oufit won't be a thing for now
    Why do they refuse to do this? pepesad

Quote Originally Posted by Act View Post
    Why do they refuse to do this? pepesad
    For anyone interested about the interview: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ge.../1100-6507942/

Kinda sad indeed. Hopefully they add cool replayable stuff if they don't want to go the hardcore way... Having said that, now more that ever speaks truth that once you can 36* the abyss, it's pointless to keep building your characters.
    Personally I'm still doing it because I'm trying different comps and having fun doing it, but wouldn't mind something different to "kill this dude in under a minute or you fail".

That has always been my issue with Genshin. Why even grind or pay for new characters when there's nothing to do with it all? Just for the sake of it, I guess? I dunno.

So Bennett really has two dads? Thought China was pretty anti-lgbt so I'm surprised Mihoyo would throw that in.

They're also very into taboo in their artworks, so it makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So Bennett really has two dads? Thought China was pretty anti-lgbt so I'm surprised Mihoyo would throw that in.
    More like 20. He refers to all the retired adventurers that took care of him when he was little. The term he uses in Chinese doesn't just mean "dad", it's a respectful term that can be used when addressing older men in general. So there's no LGBT here.

Well, idk about the anti lgbt thing but the ceo is really young so any old culture or "anti" they might have had in the old days is probably not a thing for him. Kinda the same in Korea. It used to be like that, but the younger generation don't give a crap about it and even support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I agree, an overhaul of the map is really needed. Undergrund maps, marking of the entrances to the caves on the map, all that stuff. Even the teleporters, it's annoying not being able to see if a beacon is above or underground. And I'd really like a height marker for the -oculuses although i fear that not knowing if they are above or below you is supposed to be a gameplay element.
    There is much that could be done.

Nah, he clearly refers to the people at the adventurerers guild who raised him as dads. I don't see any gay undertones in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    For anyone interested about the interview: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ge.../1100-6507942/

Kinda sad indeed. Hopefully they add cool replayable stuff if they don't want to go the hardcore way... Having said that, now more that ever speaks truth that once you can 36* the abyss, it's pointless to keep building your characters.
    Personally I'm still doing it because I'm trying different comps and having fun doing it, but wouldn't mind something different to "kill this dude in under a minute or you fail".
    Honesty seems like a pretty poor decision from their point of view. And for what? Reducing player anxiety? The Chinese company making a gatcha game doesn't need to pretend to be magnanimous.

And I mean it's a poor financial decision. Sure there are plenty of whales out there willing to shell out thousands of dollars just because the game gives them something to click on in the store. But I'd imagine there are plenty of other more responsible whales out there spending their money as they see it needed... but nothing is really *needed* if a F2P can easily max in the hardest end game content there is. Harder content that required more than 8 characters would not only incentivize those whales to beef up their toons, but also motivate others to min max them to their full potential. And if you aren't the type of player who cares about end game, you could just ignore it. Atm a few primogems lost out every abyss cycle isn't really that big of a deal.

Even if I had thousands of dollars of my own to waste, atm I would still probably only be buying just enough so I could unlock one of every waifu... skipping characters like Cyno along the way.

Literally every genshin content creator is talking about this interview (>_<)' didnt quite go well with everyone

And I mean it's a poor financial decision. Sure there are plenty of whales out there willing to shell out thousands of dollars just because the game gives them something to click on in the store. But I'd imagine there are plenty of other more responsible whales out there spending their money as they see it needed... but nothing is really *needed* if a F2P can easily max in the hardest end game content there is. Harder content that required more than 8 characters would not only incentivize those whales to beef up their toons, but also motivate others to min max them to their full potential. And if you aren't the type of player who cares about end game, you could just ignore it. Atm a few primogems lost out every abyss cycle isn't really that big of a deal.
    I'm fairly certain Mihoyo knows better which direction is better for them. "Incentivizing" whaling by making content that a F2P player can't clear is a straight road to powercreep, and powercreep is something they specifically said they want to avoid before. Next step is making content that day 1 players, light spenders and dolphins can't clear. This is only a good decision IF the whales make them more money than other types of players combined (which is doubtful by itself), and IF the whales spend money for power rather than just because they can. It may be that the whales that actually pay for power are a minority and making content aimed at them at risk of alienating other types of players is a recipe for disaster.

Honesty seems like a pretty poor decision from their point of view. And for what? Reducing player anxiety? The Chinese company making a gatcha game doesn't need to pretend to be magnanimous.

Even if I had thousands of dollars of my own to waste, atm I would still probably only be buying just enough so I could unlock one of every waifu... skipping characters like Cyno along the way.
    But the game is very successful the way it is. Probably because it is the way it is.
    Why now change it all and enter a difficult/hardcore endgame? There are other games that do that. Play Tower of Fantasy if you want to do your endgame raids in a genshin environment.
    I like Genshin just because it is that casual and easy. I have no pressure to get the latest overpowered 5star and i can do everything with playing often less than an hour each day. I like that. And it seems others do, too.

And do we as players really want to incentivise more whaling? That will certainly not come back and bite us in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    But the game is very successful the way it is. Probably because it is the way it is.
    Why now change it all and enter a difficult/hardcore endgame? There are other games that do that. Play Tower of Fantasy if you want to do your endgame raids in a genshin environment.
    I like Genshin just because it is that casual and easy. I have no pressure to get the latest overpowered 5star and i can do everything with playing often less than an hour each day. I like that. And it seems others do, too.

And do we as players really want to incentivise more whaling? That will certainly not come back and bite us in the butt.
    Adding an extra difficulty level just to people flex their builds is not changing the game. The could easily do that by adding extra abyss floors free of rewards. Hell, give weekly bosses the abyss treatment or maybe something different to do it in coop and call it a day.
    You could give a namecard if you want to for the sake of giving rewards as a one-time thing and call it a day.

10+ Year Old Account

Yaoyao is xiangling sister
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Dehya NEEDS to be earlier than 3.5. For my sanity. I don't know if I can wait that long for her.

Also need to decide between Baladeer and Nahida...

At least Dehya and Alhaitham are spaced out so I can lose a 50/50 in between to guarantee Alhaitham.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Dehya NEEDS to be earlier than 3.5. For my sanity. I don't know if I can wait that long for her.

Also need to decide between Baladeer and Nahida...

At least Dehya and Alhaitham are spaced out so I can lose a 50/50 in between to guarantee Alhaitham.
    There are those who say they will roll for Dehya and those who lie, let's hope she's not a glorified Diluc just like Ayato is a glorified Childe
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I hope Layla being a sword is wrong... please for the love of god give us a cryo catalyst.