Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Moosensation View Post
    is this wroth to play? and if so on mobile or pc
    It's free so definitely worth trying to see if it interests you. Definitely play on PC, mobile is fine for short bursts but not ideal for longer play sessions.

- - - Updated - - -

New story quest featuring Mona is being added next week, becomes available at AR 38.

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/6064.

Also supposed to be a new event but no details available yet, https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/st...157580289?s=20

I wanted to play this game so bad, my phone couldn't and I have an Xbox One, but then remembered I had a PC and got it on there... lost interest really fast. Like I wanted to play this game, but I dont find it as fun as I thought I would

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I'd love to but it has a 16gb ram requirement and I don't want to look at the processor requirement (I'm still a college student with no part time job on a third world shithole)

I hope I could play it on a 8gb gaming laptop on minimum settings though
    the minimum requirements are an intel i5 desktop processor (4th gen or later)
    8GB ram
    windows 7/8.1/10
    nvidia 1030 2GB GPU or better
    30GB disk space

if you are running on board graphics on your laptop then i doubt it will run but you could try.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's free so definitely worth trying to see if it interests you. Definitely play on PC, mobile is fine for short bursts but not ideal for longer play sessions.

- - - Updated - - -

New story quest featuring Mona is being added next week, becomes available at AR 38.

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/6064.

Also supposed to be a new event but no details available yet, https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/st...157580289?s=20
    Nice. More free gems. Hopefully some more BP points too. That'll really help me secure hitting BP 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some realy usefull guide:

Saves you a bit from farming domains and wasting reshin.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    the minimum requirements are an intel i5 desktop processor (4th gen or later)
    8GB ram
    windows 7/8.1/10
    nvidia 1030 2GB GPU or better
    30GB disk space

if you are running on board graphics on your laptop then i doubt it will run but you could try.
    doesn't look bad given I can play Reforged on max settings on my sister's laptop
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Again, all of you people thinking this will stay as something that doesn't have leaderboards for some aspect, or some other grouped/matchmade activity that rewards people who top charts, are all gacha noobs.
    Uhm... even if that's the case, what's your point?
    I wonder who the gacha-noob is. You expect to be able to be above a whale in any case whatsoever until very late into the game (when it's out for like some years)?

I don't understand what you are getting at.
    There has to be something for whales and spenders. If it's not worth it, they won't spend.
    Your reasoning that you will be gated behind money and content you can't beat however is just pointless fearmongering, because that's usually not the case in gacha-games.

Events are very often extremely easy and might have a single stage that's very difficult but also easily beatable as long as you do your daily stuff and know what you are doing.
    F2P has to invest a longer time-period to do all these things, that is all.

If you actually feel like not upgrading your characters anymore at this point in time without having to spend money I have no idea what you are doing. I'm at AR40 now and my damage went up by like 20-30% in the 3 days.
    Obviously this will end at some point in time, but it will also end for whales... so again - what's your point.

I also find it fucking disgusting that people nowadays think every game has to occupy them 24/7... geez. If you don't feel like playing, just don't play.
    You can do your dailies in like 10 minutes for this game and join in for events to get free-stuff. There is enough fluff and enjoyment going around in this game just by talking to NPCs and doing the storyquests.
    It's F2P, you have literally no investment in this game. Everyone can enjoy the game in a slower pace than whales. If someone can't help but being competitive, that someone shouldn't fucking play gacha-games like an idiot.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-24 at 07:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Accurate description. The gameplay and game itself is a bunch of fun, hindered by a large helping of interference to push you to buy stuff in literally every facet of the game.
    Maybe at end game, but I have not honestly felt like I have been pushed to spend money at all.

Leader boards that will get you better loot and more rewards from events the entire community participates in. Leader boards that epeen stroke (like... at least half the reason I do ANYTHING in life). Leader boards that would be easily attainable if the game followed any other scheme besides gacha garbage.
    You are now complaining about things that may be added to the game in the future. There are no leader boards in Genshin Impact at all. Hell, unless you click on a certain option in the menu, you would be hard pressed to even know this was anything other than a single player game.

I am kind of disappointed in the enemy variety so far. Do we ever see more than the 5 standard (hilichurls, slimes, mages, robot things, whopper flowers)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I am kind of disappointed in the enemy variety so far. Do we ever see more than the 5 standard (hilichurls, slimes, mages, robot things, whopper flowers)
    You also get Fatui fighters in Liyue. And then of course the elites around the place

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so there is theory in this game right now.
    You go farm the mini bosses (ones for materials) and as soon as you see a epic part of it drop (Artifact not the material), you instantly click on a wish and roll 10x.

There is a lucky/unlocky timer playing araund while game runs. At least that is a theory. (it runs on server to prevent people from cheating, seeing the code for it)

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Ok so there is theory in this game right now.
    You go farm the mini bosses (ones for materials) and as soon as you see a epic part of it drop (Artifact not the material), you instantly click on a wish and roll 10x.

There is a lucky/unlocky timer playing araund while game runs. At least that is a theory. (it runs on server to prevent people from cheating, seeing the code for it)
    lol has anyone tested this more than just 1 time and it was just coindidence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    lol has anyone tested this more than just 1 time and it was just coindidence
    People are testing this with artifacts xp bonus right now. (because it doesnt cost money)

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    If there's any truth to that at all, I foresee it getting patched real quick if/when word gets out.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Maybe at end game, but I have not honestly felt like I have been pushed to spend money at all.
    Are you not ar 30 with basically nothing to do but tedious daily login stuff to slowly acquire xp to get to the next big story piece?

As well, I can't endlessly grind for artifacts or anything else helpful thanks to resin.

I'm basically limited to maybe 15 minutes a day of activities that will *potentially* get me anything meaningful while slowly climbing ARs to get my next actual bit of story.

It would be entirely different if I could actually play endlessly and grind. Either let me grind levels or let me grind gear. But they lock BOTH of those progression systems behind a capped resource.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    You expect to be able to be above a whale in any case whatsoever until very late into the game (when it's out for like some years)?
    Yes, I expect the gacha mechanisms to be relegated to the collection aspect (where the collecting thing is obviously the characters) only. As far as ability to obtain gear and stuff, or progress regularly at my own pace in the game based on how much time I want to put in, I expect it to work like any other game.

I don't understand what you are getting at.
    There has to be something for whales and spenders. If it's not worth it, they won't spend.
    Someone already touched on it, but the issue is the severe lack of value unless you drop metric tons of cash. The way I view gacha games is based on what I see their target whale rate as. Some games you can whale for like $40 and come out with some good stuff. Not here. You either roll BIG or don't roll and run out of stuff to do.

F2P has to invest a longer time-period to do all these things, that is all.
    But I can't invest more time. I have to invest more days at less time. I can't nolyfe in an attempt tot beat the system.

I'm at AR40 now and my damage went up by like 20-30% in the 3 days.
    I'm not wasting preciously acquired resources on leveling up any artifacts or weapons until I get ones I plan to keep for a long time. That means I need to be at higher AR to get access to that stuff. Kinda hard to get there when I can only make like 1000 AR XP a day.

I also find it fucking disgusting that people nowadays think every game has to occupy them 24/7... geez. If you don't feel like playing, just don't play.
    The problem isn't that I don't want to play. It's that I WANT to play and I can't. Just bumblefucking around killing random camps of enemies isn't actually playing and it's not getting me to a place where I can actually play, either.

Everyone can enjoy the game in a slower pace than whales.
    I don't want to enjoy it at a slower pace. Like I said, I'm happy to trade time for convenience that whales get. I'm happy to be shorter on characters than whales. I'm not happy being capped to like 15 minutes of stuff that actually gets me towards my goals.

If someone can't help but being competitive, that someone shouldn't fucking play gacha-games like an idiot.
    I'm not the one who would have ever started playing this game. Blame my friends and family >:P

I'm an avid hater of gacha games normally. It sucks that this one is more than just a clicky mobile game with shit combat. If this were just a normal RPG (non-gachified) it would probably be a contender for my GOTY.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    There's part of your issue. You're focused on farming artifacts when it's the absolute last thing you really should do, and mostly only when you're AR40+. So you blow all your resin on the slot machine, don't get much, and then can't advance.
    Every resin activity gives the same xp:resin ratio. And I actually DONT far artifacts, as I said I want to wait till I can even get good ones to do so. I was simply saying that *if* I wanted to do that as some interim goal for progression (while slowly accumulating AR at this fucking forced snail's pace), I can't because resin sucks big donkey balls.

Every resin activity gives the same xp:resin ratio. And I actually DONT far artifacts, as I said I want to wait till I can even get good ones to do so. I was simply saying that *if* I wanted to do that as some interim goal for progression (while slowly accumulating AR at this fucking forced snail's pace), I can't because resin sucks big donkey balls.
    Having 2 or 3 accounts fixes all your problems is actually the best thing ive done <3

But you dont want that so...why the need to rush?

15+ Year Old Account
    Monas story is in a few days so its at least something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Having 2 or 3 accounts fixes all your problems is actually the best thing ive done <3
    Repeating novel content isn't something I enjoy much. Exploration is fun. Once. The domains, temples, and such are fun

But you dont want that so...why the need to rush?
    It's not a need to rush really. It's a need to have whatever it is I'm doing in the game moving the bar along coupled with a desire to play the game.

I want to play the game. I want to progress. But the game sees fit to make neither of those things possible. I like to do my games in actual chunks of hours at a time. 15 minutes just makes me annoyed.

It's not a need to rush really. It's a need to have whatever it is I'm doing in the game moving the bar along coupled with a desire to play the game.

I want to play the game. I want to progress. But the game sees fit to make neither of those things possible. I like to do my games in actual chunks of hours at a time. 15 minutes just makes me annoyed.
    I understand completely! This is why i did what i did.
    I enjoy playing the game so much but it is preventing me from progressing.
    Playing the chars gives me joy...but i understand the need to want to progress.

I guess im just lucky because:
    1) The gameplay is very enjoyable for me
    2) I FEEL 100% i am progressing everyday...because working for my 90th roll IS progression enough for me...not doing more DPS or Abyss...rolls...rolls is my progression on my "multiple account gameplay"