Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account

Hm a geo sword shielder.... maybe she will be able to use that 4 star weapon from event if she goes into those stats.
    She is probaly 4 star tho.
    Momoka was not that far from fan art it seems.

I kinda hope she is Kazuha type of character tho....
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Hm a geo sword shielder.... maybe she will be able to use that 4 star weapon from event if she goes into those stats.
    She is probaly 4 star tho.
    Momoka was not that far from fan art it seems.

I kinda hope she is Kazuha type of character tho....
    Lowkey hoping for an EM-scaling kit, as a prototype for a possible rework of geo reactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me you have no idea what to do with the geo element without telling me you have no idea what to do with the geo element.

Well if shes a free shield like zongli. Even if its weaker she will be great lol, for a lot of teams and mono geo. They are never gona rework elements. They never did rework electro when it was shit, they added the elements that we knew was missing. It just happen to buff electro, but you can tell its not planned this way because it also massively buffed hydro the strongest element in the game even back before dendro.

Geo will stay as it is. You just need to hope they have synergys that buff their team in a way that makes them competitive in some way with the anemo slot. Like when yunjin is good for normal attacks. Zongli has shred, etc. So if this new 4 star can spam a relatively strong shield and buff something specific while doing it. Its pretty much what geo characters do if you dont play mono geo. Like say her shield buff skill damage, burst damage, charged attack, any one thing that makes her buff a specific thing can make her just another good geo suppport. Say shes the other side of the yunjin coin and buff charged attacks, she just replace zongli for hu tao and ganyu.

As for em, pointless stats on her. You should not expect even the impossible geo buff to be em based. All the shield they give are hp% based and the archon scales like that as well. Any rework would be hp% based as well. Not every element needs to stack the same stats. They did a good job making hydro hp%. Dendro and most others skewed em already except for freeze. If any rework should try to make more stuff not em based. More def% and hp%
    Last edited by minteK917; 2023-03-08 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Well if shes a free shield like zongli. Even if its weaker she will be great lol, for a lot of teams and mono geo. They are never gona rework elements. They never did rework electro when it was shit, they added the elements that we knew was missing. It just happen to buff electro, but you can tell its not planned this way because it also massively buffed hydro the strongest element in the game even back before dendro.

Geo will stay as it is. You just need to hope they have synergys that buff their team in a way that makes them competitive in some way with the anemo slot. Like when yunjin is good for normal attacks. Zongli has shred, etc. So if this new 4 star can spam a relatively strong shield and buff something specific while doing it. Its pretty much what geo characters do if you dont play mono geo. Like say her shield buff skill damage, burst damage, charged attack, any one thing that makes her buff a specific thing can make her just another good geo suppport. Say shes the other side of the yunjin coin and buff charged attacks, she just replace zongli for hu tao and ganyu.

As for em, pointless stats on her. You should not expect even the impossible geo buff to be em based. All the shield they give are hp% based and the archon scales like that as well. Any rework would be hp% based as well. Not every element needs to stack the same stats. They did a good job making hydro hp%. Dendro and most others skewed em already except for freeze. If any rework should try to make more stuff not em based. More def% and hp%
    Although I agree an EM-scaling geo character would be kinda of a meme, if we're being honest, geo as an element is pretty much done with the current mono geo team. You got Itto/Noelle as the hypercarry, Zhongli as the shielder/debuffer, Albedo as an insane off-field dps and Gorou as a broken buffer (thinking c6). The team as it stands now is pretty much perfect. You even get some healing with Gorou and Zhongli cons.
    The only thing I can think of, is that the new geo will be like a budget Zhongli, maybe not a shred, but a weaker shield with other kinda of buffs, otherwise is pretty much DOA. Then again is rumored to go to the standard banner, so...
    That's why I'm hoping for some ground-breaking kit for a geo character. Something that interacts with Crystallize in a more meaningful way, making it an offensive reaction even. We have Nilou, for example, although niche with her teams, she buffs directly bloom reactions. It isn't farfetched imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    Although I agree an EM-scaling geo character would be kinda of a meme, if we're being honest, geo as an element is pretty much done with the current mono geo team. You got Itto/Noelle as the hypercarry, Zhongli as the shielder/debuffer, Albedo as an insane off-field dps and Gorou as a broken buffer (thinking c6). The team as it stands now is pretty much perfect. You even get some healing with Gorou and Zhongli cons.
    The only thing I can think of, is that the new geo will be like a budget Zhongli, maybe not a shred, but a weaker shield with other kinda of buffs, otherwise is pretty much DOA. Then again is rumored to go to the standard banner, so...
    That's why I'm hoping for some ground-breaking kit for a geo character. Something that interacts with Crystallize in a more meaningful way, making it an offensive reaction even. We have Nilou, for example, although niche with her teams, she buffs directly bloom reactions. It isn't farfetched imo.
    Sadly this is also how I feel about Geo. Its kinda done. Either they powercreep Itto/Albedo (which I really hope they dont) or I dont see what else they can do with the element without reworking its garbage reaction. Geo seems to be the new physical since physical is basically abandoned. Except instead of white you get brown numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Sadly this is also how I feel about Geo. Its kinda done. Either they powercreep Itto/Albedo (which I really hope they dont) or I dont see what else they can do with the element without reworking its garbage reaction. Geo seems to be the new physical since physical is basically abandoned. Except instead of white you get brown numbers.
    True, and now that physical gets Mika, they probably are calling it as well. I highly doubt we'll get another physical dps. My last hope is that they somehow rework the Shatter reaction to be more relevant with physical dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    True, and now that physical gets Mika, they probably are calling it as well. I highly doubt we'll get another physical dps. My last hope is that they somehow rework the Shatter reaction to be more relevant with physical dps.
    The combination of not getting a single physical character since Eula and Eula being the longest banner ever to get a rerun has made me completely give up on physical

The combination of not getting a single physical character since Eula and Eula being the longest banner ever to get a rerun has made me completely give up on physical
    Same, I love Razor, I used him almost religiously every abyss reset to get 36*, struggling but pulling through. Then I switched to the ezclap teams, like Raiden National... shit's too free, physical is insanely weak. Superconduct does fuck-all as a reaction, the 40% shred and the laughable damage is dated af, considering all the insane reactions we currently have in the game.
    And I did try the EM Razor build, it's a nice meme, it does good damage, but it's not my cup of tea. If I'm building a physical dps, I want to hit stuff hard with my big-ass claymore.

I view geo as just the other anemo that is worse, so they need to give each geo some kind of drastic perk to be in that support anemo slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I view geo as just the other anemo that is worse, so they need to give each geo some kind of drastic perk to be in that support anemo slot.
    Well if you look at new character and try to guess the kit:
    -- she is not dps like ningguang or itto
    -- she is not 100% shieldbot as zhongli as her hold skill may have something to do with her kit itself and you cant give her resistance reduction on monsters
    -- she is not like weak albedo aoe, but her Q could maybe be something like Ganyu burst
    -- she could buff geo damage, but she is probaly not...however she could reduce geo resistance on mobs
    -- normal attack buff doesnt seem to be a thing
    -- there is a lack of geo healer character that is not locked to cons or working on specific ability only like Noelle

So my guess is that she plays like Diona, but for geo characters. Maybe with ability that every shard you pick up, increases whole party damage for X %.
    I cant think of a single thing that could work with geo right now, unless they are planing to buff it in future. Geo seeds?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well if you look at new character and try to guess the kit:
    -- she is not dps like ningguang or itto
    -- she is not 100% shieldbot as zhongli as her hold skill may have something to do with her kit itself and you cant give her resistance reduction on monsters
    -- she is not like weak albedo aoe, but her Q could maybe be something like Ganyu burst
    -- she could buff geo damage, but she is probaly not...however she could reduce geo resistance on mobs
    -- normal attack buff doesnt seem to be a thing
    -- there is a lack of geo healer character that is not locked to cons or working on specific ability only like Noelle

So my guess is that she plays like Diona, but for geo characters. Maybe with ability that every shard you pick up, increases whole party damage for X %.
    I cant think of a single thing that could work with geo right now, unless they are planing to buff it in future. Geo seeds?
    I doubt they plan to buff shit. Electro was saved because dendro was not present. If they planned it as a buff, they plan like shit because it made the already best universal element hydro, into a mendatory element for pretty much any account as like 80% of the best shit revolves around hydro and we dont even have the hydro region yet.

I doubt this 4 star will buff normal attack, because its already what yunjin another geo suppprt does, she is pretty good for ayato and yoimia. But there are other things that they could buff meta wise.

I really like geo. I use Noelle with 100% ult build and she does really great dps. Anemo, I don't use as much, but Sucrose is certainly my go to for that as well.

I am hoping though for a really good geo dps. If Momoka can do that, I would be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I doubt they plan to buff shit. Electro was saved because dendro was not present. If they planned it as a buff, they plan like shit because it made the already best universal element hydro, into a mendatory element for pretty much any account as like 80% of the best shit revolves around hydro and we dont even have the hydro region yet.

I doubt this 4 star will buff normal attack, because its already what yunjin another geo suppprt does, she is pretty good for ayato and yoimia. But there are other things that they could buff meta wise.
    It really baffles me just how strong hydro is and how it keeps being shoved into literally every meta comp. And as you said, Fontaine is not even out yet. I cannot even begin to imagine how strong Focalors is going to be...
    Considering archons always have some off field utility tied to them that is the best in its element, she is going to have to outcompete XQ and Yelan, 2 already insanely strong units (XQ is probably the all around strongest unit in the game). Just thinking about this is kinda mental.

Considering archons always have some off field utility tied to them that is the best in its element
    Laughs at Venti

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Laughs at Venti
    The thing with venti is that hes good in some situations and in other situations not so much. But in the situations where his ulti can suck in mobs he is still amazing and he can do that off field.
    He is indeed more niche than the other archons but its understandable since he was the first archon and character to ever be put on a banner.

The thing with venti is that hes good in some situations and in other situations not so much. But in the situations where his ulti can suck in mobs he is still amazing and he can do that off field.
    He is indeed more niche than the other archons but its understandable since he was the first archon and character to ever be put on a banner.
    Zhongli is the best geo character, Raiden best electro, Nahida best dendro, Kazuha shits on Venti
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Zhongli is the best geo character, Raiden best electro, Nahida best dendro, Kazuha shits on Venti
    Only reason kazuha shits on venti is because mihoyo strictly controls the pull force of their anemo kits. If venti could group med and big sized ads, he'd be better than kazuha. Or, if mihoyo's balance of enemies was shifted, venti would be better.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2023-03-09 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Only reason kazuha shits on venti is because mihoyo strictly controls the pull force of their anemo kits. If venti could group med and big sized ads, he'd be better than kazuha. Or, if mihoyo's balance of enemies was shifted, venti would be better.
    I wouldn't necessarily say better, but he'd have a good niche. Kazuha (and even Sucrose) both provide team buffs, which Venti doesn't do. If he could pull larger enemies (even if it was reduced), I might bring Venti sometimes, but there'd still be cases I'd prefer Kazuha.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say better, but he'd have a good niche. Kazuha (and even Sucrose) both provide team buffs, which Venti doesn't do. If he could pull larger enemies (even if it was reduced), I might bring Venti sometimes, but there'd still be cases I'd prefer Kazuha.
    in my case, Kazuha is build for max EM, while Venti is build for atk% anemo & crit rate/damage
    both with a full VV set, but each has his own use (mostly for abyss, I don't really use venti in anything else)