Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    If I plan on dumping a ton of time into this game and don't mind throwing a few bucks at it is the "Blessing of the Welkin Moon" worth while costwise?
    You are better off buying the Battlepass.

Nets you more value than the Blessing.

I think you have to wait for the new one though, because you won't make much progress now.

3,375,000 Character EXP (Adventurer's Experience & Hero's Wit) = 170 purple books = ~600 resin (which are worth 500 Primogems at best value)
    3,840,000 Weapon EXP (Mystic Enhancement Ore) That
    2,880,000 Mora = ~58 Leylines = 1160 Resin (which are worth like ~950 Primogems at best value)
    5 Acquaint Fate (Standard Summons on Gacha) (which are worth 800 Primogems)
    4 Intertwined Fate (Limited Summons on Gacha) (which are worth 640 Primogems)
    9 boxes with skill up material (worth a lot of time and resin = I don't know... like 10 4* books are worth like... a fuckton of resin... depends on drop luck.

680 Primogems = 680 Primogems

One 4 star Weapon of your choice from the following (the sword is Amazing, they are basically worth 1600 Gems):
    The Black Sword
    Serpent Spine
    Solar Pearl
    The Viridescent Hunt
    Deathmatch

So you are looking at roughly 5170 Primogems + Skillbooks... which should round up to around another 600 or so.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-04 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You can't "plan ahead" when the game gives you limited resources to level with. I don't know what MMO's you're playing, but none of them require you to do daily limited events in order to give a character experience points, or weekly events in order to let those characters continue to level. And also starting a new character starts them off in their own world, not the one as your other characters where all the resources have been drained.

Also, as an aside, because I keep seeing this, "someone did this with Amber" is just as pointless an argument as "this speedrunner can do it, so you should too".
    Its not pointless. It shows that one of the "worst" characters can do it so you can too.

You also can plan ahead. Every aspect of how to level a characters talents and exp is in the wiki. The limitation you experience is when you try to much too fast. If you have everything set up already, then you have all the time until you actually roll a character to gather the mats. Idk what you've been doing but I can basically level any character I want from 1-70 right now, With good trinkets and a good weapon. So this time gate only somewhat exists since, if you plan right, it can be ignored completely.

What else are ya gonna do when you get to high AR? Farming mats is really all there is. Just like other games require you to farm mats or gear to be competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dataminers did find some new characters:

I guess we get Fire, water (or cyro), electric, geo loli, grass loli, fire character, dark element? and last one is probaly cyro due to emo face.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Shame on you for playing multiple characters
    Eh, i'm in the process of making an entire team with Noelle as main dps. The shield artifact set is great for her and since everything rolls with defense it's going to be good XD (i have her at 4 constellations).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Why though? If its for the weekly, just go to woldum for wolfhook and liyue harbor for a lot of rare things there.
    I needed 45 to Ascend Ningguang T_T
    She was my first waifu so decided to level her up first to 80

Here is a showcase of her:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Imp...to_80_because/

<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

<3
    Maxing the lvl to 80 is a stupid thing to do tho. 79 would be just fine and you will still get experience from killing monsters. Now you get 0

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

<3
    Jesus christ you don't do any damage. She is top single target in the game too (with constellations). What artifacts do you have. Is your weapon maxed?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Maxing the lvl to 80 is a stupid thing to do tho. 79 would be just fine and you will still get experience from killing monsters. Now you get 0
    Dammit...i forgot fail

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Jesus christ you don't do any damage. She is top single target in the game too (with constellations). What artifacts do you have. Is your weapon maxed?
    Im fresh 80 without any 5 star artifacts! I will level up my weapon further tomorrow. I think is only lvl 70? I think

Who thought that Violetgrass was a fine idea to make as an ascension material? It's so annoying to farm XD But i have QiQi at 50 i need her at 60 - meanwhile i maxed out Fischl talents for now and now i need to wait for the farm day for Chongyung/Xiangling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, Violetgrass is one of those things I think about every time I hear someone say, "There's nothing to do but log in and hit 4 commissions and log out!"

Ok, but you're gonna be sad when you realize you need like 90 Violetgrass down the road! Or some other annoying thing.
    Fortunately i'm a hoarder and loot everything i see, so i had kind of a buffer - i need it now that i have to get to 60.

EDIT: i would like character xp to be more easily farmable without the books/leylines. Not braindead easy, but give me a repeatable thing i can do to level up the alt characters basically (as i'm gonna burn the books on main ones anyway). The rest (weapons, artifacts) are fine as it is imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Eh, i'm in the process of making an entire team with Noelle as main dps. The shield artifact set is great for her and since everything rolls with defense it's going to be good XD (i have her at 4 constellations).
    How does it feel to not have that additional 50% attack from C6.

I say it feels horrible, which is why I don't want to build her, always knowing that I'm missing so much damage.

That, and the extension of her burst +
    That, and the lack of gear with DEF% and Crit%/Critdmg% in combination.

That girl needs a lot of crit and critdamage to make use of all that attack she is wielding.

And she also needs a second Geo that is support-ish imho. Geo-Traveler is very good in that regard btw and probalby the best off-character for Noelle at this point in time. Even better than Ninguang.
    But her ultimate is so much fun and so stylish... I want to build her too, but I just don't know, I always feel bad not having that additional 50% DEF as ATK and the duration extension.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-04 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Fortunately i'm a hoarder and loot everything i see, so i had kind of a buffer - i need it now that i have to get to 60.
    It is time to join my Clan...become one Flower snatcher...join the dark side of the force
    (Co-Op spam to flower snatch)

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Eh. It's not ideal but i'm working my way to it. On the other side, i have every single freakin artifact that rolls either DEF/DEF% or both. The set that gives you raw dmg when shielded is great (as it's a flat multiplier), but you have to get used to the "godzilla for a while, then swap" thing.

The weapon makes all the difference though. Whiteblind is insanely good (as it stacks both ATK and DEF) and it's craftable, which means you "just" have to be lucky with the weekly bosses.

I don't really miss C6. You just throw shield and then whirlwind of death. The point is that right now i have other character just faster than her in dealing damage, plus geo is not a really good element per se until you get the Retracting Bolide set. As for resonance, why go for 15% ATK when shielded when i can get flat 25%ATK for 2 Pyro or 15%crit for dual Cryo support.

I just wish they'd at least have enemies in domains/abyss give character xp. Even if it's the same amount as enemies out in the world, it'd be nice to be getting something.
    The xp you get from monsters is so abysmal i never realized domains don't give you any XD

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post

I say it feels horrible, which is why I don't want to build her, always knowing that I'm missing so much damage.
    Then Gacha games are not for you.

There is always room for upgrading in Gacha games.
    It may cost thousands of dollars.

Someone spent $100 and tried to get a constellation.
    He didn't get it, and was really mad.
    He didn't know that his chance is only 50%.

It is, but you're killing sooo much stuff out in the world sometimes that it adds up.

Granted, not very much. I got one level on five characters in the 60-70 range while getting to AR 40. It's still a decent savings of books/mora.
    So basically, i'd want to level up characters to X9 and let the game give me the remaing for the cap. Makes sense. I have a long road ahead of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they'd at least have enemies in domains/abyss give character xp. Even if it's the same amount as enemies out in the world, it'd be nice to be getting something.
    Well you do get friendship xp if nothing else (once finished and looted). But its kinda usless as you need lvl 10 to unlock a specific character card.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Then Gacha games are not for you.

There is always room for upgrading in Gacha games.
    It may cost thousands of dollars.

Someone spent $100 and tried to get a constellation.
    He didn't get it, and was really mad.
    He didn't know that his chance is only 50%.
    What has Gacha gaming to do with C6 being absolutely fucking OP for Noelle, so OP that she is basically C6 or bust?

And there is no 50% chance for a specific character unless you are talking about the 5*.
    You have a 50% chance to get a rate up character.
    Since there are always 3 4* rate ups. You might never get Noelle to C6, no matter how much money you spend.
    With 5* you do at some point reach C6 guaranteed. Because at the very least, after not pulling the featured 5* once, the second time around you are guaranteed to get her.

Aside from all that. Gacha games usually have guaranteed rates and pity counter on the specific thing you want, or you can work towards the specific thing you want, i.e. sacrificing 5 x* things to get 1 x* of your choice.
    But again, my statement was about Noelle.
    Her C6 enables her ultimate to have 100% uptime easily, and she doesn't do jack without a good uptime ratio.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-04 at 02:35 PM.

I have a C5 Novelle.

Wait for her to show up in the shop, although I don't have any Masterless Starglitter.
    Hopefully she shows up next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The first 20 days, yes !
    You can look for chests, etc.

After 20 days, nothing you can do.
    The chests don't respawn.
    Right now, I just login for half hour.
    Every 3 days, I farm for ores.
    Well there's ores as you mentioned
    And then mobs for ascension materials
    And flowers for ascension
    And abyss
    And then of course the respawning chests if you're a masochist. Because, yes, chests respawn. I've seen chests in areas I've cleared before. No clue how it works, I just know it does.

I haven't played <30 minutes on any day unless I had a time crunch irl, because if you don't farm ascension materials you're gonna get fucked at AR35 or 40

I had to go out of my way to farm all the lamp grass on the map from when I got to 35 and I just barely had enough to do my ascensions at 40, because I had 2 characters that needed it