Stealth nerf to arcane SL

Hey, in last patch arcane mage got 18% stealth nerf to passive mana regen from 5000 mp5 (2%/sec) to 4100 mp5 (1.64%/sec)... other spec still have 5000mp5 ...

Yes, that means a loss of 4.5% more or less dps. Maybe it is an oversight, maybe they want to take into account the Pride buff in m+.

18% less mana regen its like 18% less spells... if a healer would have 18% less mana regen would you also said its 4.5% ... arcane mage its a caster that use mana same as healers not other caster... cuz they don't use mana or have infinity mana pool.

Arcane had too much mana. It was barely even a resource and wasn't rewarding good play.

old mastery was rewarding good play but blizz changed it (and yes I would like to bring it back - but I can't ;< )... mana cost of all spells was increased after changing mastery in legion + old rop that increased our mana regen by 125% + haste that also increased mana regen ... right now we have mastery that is medicore + increased spell cost of our all spells (from legion:/) but if blizz nerfing mana regen by 18% class that use it as main resource its something not good...

Arcane had too much mana
    good joke 50k base mana (54.8k with mastery) where Arcane Missiles still cost 7500mp per cast it's 15% or 13.7% if we add mastery and yes you have to hard cast arcane missiles (in SL) in some situation, cost of Arcane Blast its 6875 (12.55% with mastery) ... so yes mana it's a 'barely a resource' with even 1000mp/s before stealth nerf or 820mp/s right now

ps. mastery its still not a good or bis stat for arcane and nerfing mana regen to put some points in mastery its a weird decision - because it's still not worth it.

Good night sweet prince, may your rebirth in 10.0 be more fortunate.

Jokes aside, messing with arcane DPS via mana is never satisfying for the spec. It's a very unwelcome way of balancing the spec imho.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    Arcane was destroying dem damage meters during all of BfA, so it needed the nerf.

Owait
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Arcane was destroying dem damage meters during all of BfA, so it needed the nerf.

Owait
    It was destroying the damage meters in SL beta, so it needed a nerf. lol

are there still ppl that want arcane to be meta again? and fall asleep mid progress? good that arcane is trash for 9.0 and i hope it will be true the wohle expack untill they full rework it and add 3 buttons to the spec
    I.O BFA Season 3

What is a stealth nerf? They announce only very few changes and dont release beta patch notes. So hardly a stealth nerf.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    are there still ppl that want arcane to be meta again? and fall asleep mid progress? good that arcane is trash for 9.0 and i hope it will be true the wohle expack untill they full rework it and add 3 buttons to the spec
    All specs these days are three or four main buttons + cooldowns, so I fail to see your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    I've wanted Arcane to be scrapped ever since Cata ended. And because am selfish, I want Battle Mage in its stead. But yeah currently it's looking like Arcane is all AM spam next expansion.

But yeah currently it's looking like Arcane is all AM spam next expansion.
    yeah I like arcane mage but its hurts me when you just AM AM AM AM AM AM AM ... but do u know why ppl spam only 1 button ? because with this 'perfect' rotation you do more dmg than normal rotation. Right now AB only with 4 stacks do more dps than AM by 16.7% (6.4% with legendary item) but AB have 1.4sec cast and cost 6875 so -4910mp/s (AM deals more dmg than AB with 3 stacks by ~21% and 33.3% more if you have AM legendary item). AM cost 7500mp and with 7.5% haste channels in 2.3sec so mp cost for AM its -3260mp/s and if you take night fea and have 30% mastery you can channel is for over 14min and still you won't go OOM... How to fix it bring back old mana regen, increase AB dmg from 45.7% to 64% + 1 or 2 legendaries to AB. Because right now its cheaper, easier you won't get OOM (you can easy get OOM if you will spam AB) and YOU DO MORE DMG, but blizz know only one method how to fix it... nerf to AM inc in 3, 2...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently mages damage output is quite poor, in terms of "big numbers". Best crits I can see are 6K where hunters and warriors are set on the 9/10k nearly constantly.

There is still a lot of balancing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Currently mages damage output is quite poor, in terms of "big numbers". Best crits I can see are 6K where hunters and warriors are set on the 9/10k nearly constantly.

Yes, with their big hit moves that they can use nowhere near as often as arcane can do a 4 charge AB. Your point is moot.

Glacial spike easily can break 12k if used with the kyrian ability for example.. not that the size of crits is relevant at all to begin with. I will say though that I find soloing world quests to be a major pain in the ass right now as a caster (without selfhealing). Stuff hits way too hard, the shield absorbes way to little and the dps is not reliable enough to kill stuff before it reaches you. I hope the gear scaling will fix alot of that with higher iLvls. I didn't remember it being that bad since WoD.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

And still mages dominated warriors in PVE beta.

It isn't about getting high crits, that's mostly a pvp thing and even then, having 3*10k in 3sec beats 20k+3k+1k. Some specs have high bursts with tons of low numbers, so they deal tons of damage nothing crits for a lot of damage (e.g. unholy in beta has insane burst, but it's coming from frequent attacks of different damage sources like pets).

And actually slow 2H specs tend to have higher crits too. Even when everything is equally strong, one will have high crits, one will have frequent low numbers. A Greater Pyro simply has to do tons of damage because it has a very long cast time.

They are finally trying to tune stuff and fire just got buffed on PTR. But it was probably behind arcane and frost anyways, so it's still too early to say what will work fine and what will be undertuned. They put a lot of work into arcane, resolving the GCD issue etc. So MAYBE it is now Arcane's time to shine.
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2020-10-10 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Arcane had too much mana. It was barely even a resource and wasn't rewarding good play.
    I believe this is where you are wrong. Perhaps you are thinking of frost?

That quoted posted like 6 weeks old, which in beta time at the rate of their changes is like 10 years :P