Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahkesis View Post
    I'm just like "what, bitch HOME. And I didn't leave once I got there. Straight into the anti-everyone else bunker."

Home is where the fuck I'm tryin' to be every day. I'm just trying to get back there, get my jammies on, free my boobs, and play some games or read some books. Being able to do that for a week is a week in paradise.
    Preach it!

Seriously, I get the same reaction most times. "You didn't go anywhere?!?" No! I stayed home! Away from all the idiots!

It is my time not yours. I could spend my time how ever I want. I could go outside and spend hundreds of ; oh wait, I have to go outside? Never mind.

I mean, with this year being delay season, I feel like people should've taken a bit of pre-caution this time around.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    You seem not to understand what an opinion is.

- - - Updated - - -

I did not say that! I believe the people who are complaining about this need to grow up for the reasons I stated.

- - - Updated - - -

And you have the right to feel that way. My opinion is that people who are getting upset because they can't spend their time off playing a video game need to grow up. I could have articulated that more carefully but it's just my opinion. Dedicating time to a video game and getting upset when it doesn't go your way (not you, the people complaining) is in my opinion, childish.
    So someone who spends their time off playing a video game is somehow less than someone who may do another activity?
    Can you explain that to me? Speaking personally, WoW is a Hobby and I enjoy it. My other hobby is split between Cars and Jeeps.
    For me, WoW is a fantastic Hobby. In enjoy it immensely. So getting upset about plans to enjoy a hobby is not childish in any way, so I don't understand why you say they need to grow up. The delay didn't cause me any issue, I am speaking about others who may have been inconvenienced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vectrexevo View Post
    It is my time not yours. I could spend my time how ever I want. I could go outside and spend hundreds of ; oh wait, I have to go outside? Never mind.
    LMAO Nice.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    So someone who spends their time off playing a video game is somehow less than someone who may do another activity?
    Can you explain that to me? Speaking personally, WoW is a Hobby and I enjoy it. My other hobby is split between Cars and Jeeps.
    For me, WoW is a fantastic Hobby. In enjoy it immensely. So getting upset about plans to enjoy a hobby is not childish in any way, so I don't understand why you say they need to grow up. The delay didn't cause me any issue, I am speaking about others who may have been inconvenienced.

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO Nice.
    Just like you're allowed to have you opinion on this matter, so am I. But I will add clarification to my original comment so as to hopefully not sound as inflamatory as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    and WoW will still be there to play after you've finished work for the day.
    Yea, so will Eiffel tower and other places to visit. So? Vacation is to relax and get rest from work. Some play video games. We usually take 3 weeks vacation during summer, and for two weeks we do usual 20th century stuff like traveling and camping, and on third week I say goodbye to my wife, buy tons of mountain dew and chips and frozen pizzas and close myself in a room and no life away in front of computer. She drives around country visiting her friends or w/e and we get quality alone time doing what we enjoy. Best vacation plan ever. I even start to enjoy getting up early to go to work for like 3 to 4 days after vacation.

Me and my buddy drive to local track on weekends a ton (I'm driving FK8 Civic Type R, he has F22 m235i), and on vacation I leave my car in the garage, and he goes and no lifes at the track. Sitting in front of a computer is "bad", but sitting in front of a steering wheel is "good"? Same fucking shit.

Who gives a shit how people relax. Well, you, but you shouldn't, really.
    Last edited by ldev; 2020-10-02 at 09:45 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Staycations are Bestcations.

Do I have something useful to discuss? --NO--> post anyway

Is the point of this just to let people know that other people has feels too? Are some people actually coming into a discussion like this with an open mind, ready to change their views and actions based on information they take away? "I wasn't going to take PTO, but now that I've learned so much from this MMOC thread I think I will!"

Unless the point is to let Blizzard know that an early pile of garbage is preferable to a delayed but playable game, these threads do nothing productive for a gaming forum. What is the purpose here?
    SorryNotSorry

15+ Year Old Account
    Just like you're allowed to have you opinion on this matter, so am I. But I will add clarification to my original comment so as to hopefully not sound as inflamatory as it did.
    You are correct, we all have a right to our opinion.
    Its funny because depending on context of what you are conveying, it doesn't always come across as an opinion.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    anything physically or mentally stimulating/enriching. mindlessly and passively consuming media is not enriching or stimulating
    Well you're wrong. A hobby is "a regular activity done for enjoyment, typically during one's leisure time, not professionally and not for pay". Yes, I also think that creative hobbies are better than consumption hobbies, but consumption hobby is still a hobby. Get your dictionary sorted out.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

What's hilarious is that in your attempt to scold anyone who has vacation plans ruined by the late notice, you provided examples of companies that gave multiple months warning about their delays. The comparison would be that if Blizzard told us in August that the 10/26 date would be pushed back.

To be fair, I think it would be more acceptable to tell people to "deal with it", if they were upset about a push back given 2 months in advance, versus 3 weeks.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    New expansion launches is the highlight of every year it happens to me.

I have been involved in the Warcraft universe since I was 8 years old. Now I am 37.

I have taken 1 week holyday so far this year and saving 1 for the launch. I have worked for my vacation and I use them how I please.

Most guys on my age take vacations to drink beer and get drunk and that seems totally reasonable suddenly. I don't care what people think.

I am upset yes. But at least it will prepatch when my vacation starts on the 27th.

Blizzard has only delayed one expansion before this so the likelihood of them delaying Shadowlands wad slim. So I took my chances and I would do so again.
    Unless im missing something like you being the son/daughter of a dev, warcraft has only been around for 26 years. You would have had to be 11 at the earliest if you’re actually 37.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Literally have never run out of things to do the first week an expansion launches. But then I clearly don't play the same way you do. Leveling, especially the first time through a new expansion, will take me way more than 8 to 10 hours because I do things like read quest text, go wandering and explore, etc. I don't race to max level, I get there when I get there.

You've assumed incorrectly.

I mean, maybe you're right in some cases, but since I can use myself as an example to prove your assumption wrong, I'll do just that.

I never even think about racing to max level. I don't see the point. When a new expansion launches, the journey is what the game is all about for me. Why would I want to race to the end?

But I have a 9 to 5 job that's often more than 9 to 5 and it's nice to be able to just take a break from that and play as much as I please for a bit. It's the cheapest vacation you can take

As seems typical on these forums, people assume everyone plays the same way they do and that the only reason people play is to finish end game content as fast as possible so they can... complain on the forums that there's no content I guess.
    Eh, I guess I've already read the quest text on the beta, no need to re-read it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzix View Post
    Do I have something useful to discuss? --NO--> post anyway

Is the point of this just to let people know that other people has feels too? Are some people actually coming into a discussion like this with an open mind, ready to change their views and actions based on information they take away? "I wasn't going to take PTO, but now that I've learned so much from this MMOC thread I think I will!"

Unless the point is to let Blizzard know that an early pile of garbage is preferable to a delayed but playable game, these threads do nothing productive for a gaming forum. What is the purpose here?
    The point of a forum is discuss things with likely minded people. If you don't care for what someone is saying in any given thread, the easy thing to do is close that thread and look up other threads instead of saying, "I don't like what you are talking about, don't talk about it". If you don't like what they are talking about, it just means the conversation isn't for you, it's for like minded people. Just like if you were at a party. It would be pretty odd to walk around, group to group, hear what they are talking about and then butt in just to say, "I don't like that topic, stop talking about it". It would make you a douche whether you do it at a party or online.

The point of expressing their feelings over the 3 weeks notice to postpone the SL release is because they are upset and talking about it with like minded people is therapeutic. Some times talking about something that upset you, especially if peers validate your feelings, is enough for you to move on. So to say, it can be helpful.

The point of this thread is to let some people know that it's OK for people to voice their opinions when they are upset, and to let you know that you don't need to be upset and crap on them because they are upset at something that you are not upset at.
    ------------------------------------

People make plans based on release dates. Happens all the time for all kinds of stuff. When the release date changes after a point where you no longer change your plans, that upset most people. It doesn't matter what the plans or activities are. You and another party set a date, then the other party changes that after you can no longer change your end, it's frustrating. So these people feel like they were metaphorically "gut punched", and can't do anything about it but express their feelings, then you come along and knee them in the nuts for daring to let people know they are upset.

This thread is basically saying, "please understand some people are upset and feel like they got gut punched. Please don't kick them in the nuts because of it. thanks."

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Yea, so will Eiffel tower and other places to visit. So? Vacation is to relax and get rest from work. Some play video games. We usually take 3 weeks vacation during summer, and for two weeks we do usual 20th century stuff like traveling and camping, and on third week I say goodbye to my wife, buy tons of mountain dew and chips and frozen pizzas and close myself in a room and no life away in front of computer. She drives around country visiting her friends or w/e and we get quality alone time doing what we enjoy. Best vacation plan ever. I even start to enjoy getting up early to go to work for like 3 to 4 days after vacation.

Me and my buddy drive to local track on weekends a ton (I'm driving FK8 Civic Type R, he has F22 m235i), and on vacation I leave my car in the garage, and he goes and no lifes at the track. Sitting in front of a computer is "bad", but sitting in front of a steering wheel is "good"? Same fucking shit.

Who gives a shit how people relax. Well, you, but you shouldn't, really.
    I don't give a fuck, but I do think some people lack perspective and blow this delay out of proportion.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

if my reason for pto got cancelled/delayed and i couldn't do anything about it i'd be pissed too.

when they set a date(be vague if you're unsure) for release people should be able to take time off to match that if they want to.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I mean, with this year being delay season, I feel like people should've taken a bit of pre-caution this time around.
    True, true... And the year isn't over yet.... -_-'

Still, 3 weeks of notice was short. My local dog club had to cancel a training session and they let everyone know 2 months ahead. Then again, that's probably comparing stopping a dingy vs the Titanic, sans iceberg...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-02 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    True, true... And the year isn't over yet.... -_-'

Still, 3 weeks of notice was short. My local dog club had to cancel a training session and they let everyone know 2 months ahead. Then again, that's probably comparing stopping a dingy vs the Titanic, sans iceberg...
    That's a good analogy. My only contention is that while it does take longer to stop the Titanic, they also have much more sophisticated equipment and radios to be able to find out way in advance if they need to stop.

~ Daryl Davis

My opinion is that people who are getting upset because they can't spend their time off playing a video game need to grow up. I could have articulated that more carefully but it's just my opinion. Dedicating time to a video game and getting upset when it doesn't go your way (not you, the people complaining) is in my opinion, childish.
    Do you think that getting triggered by what other people find upsetting is an adult way to react? Honestly seems super childish to me.

Because only nerds play video games and it's okay to make fun of nerds.

Brb, taking 2 weeks off to get absolutely hammered out of my mind, because that's what well adjusted, reasonable and mature, but most importantly, cool people do.

Either that or taking a trip to Paris to prove how much of a cultured person I am, not sure yet.

Btw, if you disagree with me on anything here you're a child - grow up, I'm right, you're wrong. You're living your life wrong and you should feel bad.