Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Augmented reality is underhyped and should be the way of the future for business and gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Augmented reality is underhyped and should be the way of the future for business and gaming.
    I'll really pass on that.

Vista wasn't a big deal to me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Your guys' "unpopular" opinions are all pretty popular. Here's my biggest one -

Gaming headsets are a joke. Even the top-end ones are garbage compared to mediocre headphones in terms of sound quality and build. I don't understand how people can spend thousands on their computer and then buy a crackerjack toy "gaming" headset that sounds objectively like trash. Yes, I'm even talking about the HyperX Cloud series too. My unpopular opinion is that just about any desktop mic and ~$100 headphone set is ALWAYS the better choice than even the best gaming headset on the market.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

10+ Year Old Account
    Unpopular opinions: CPUs are boring.

Kinda popular extension: It's all Intel's fault.

Since the Intel 2000 series (Sandy Bridge), until the 7000 series (Kaby Lake) Intel did nothing worthwhile at all with their CPUs, and since AMD wasn't around to kick them in the ass, it meant that CPUs did nothing interesting. Even nowadays they're still pretty boring, just slapping more cores on really. At least with GPUs you get new kinds of cores slapped on like RT cores or Tensor cores.

I will, begrudgingly admit, that what Intel is doing with their big.LITTLE CPUs is.. Kinda.. interesting. But it's just ripping off ARM, so I don't care too much.

Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    Your guys' "unpopular" opinions are all pretty popular. Here's my biggest one -

Gaming headsets are a joke. Even the top-end ones are garbage compared to mediocre headphones in terms of sound quality and build. I don't understand how people can spend thousands on their computer and then buy a crackerjack toy "gaming" headset that sounds objectively like trash. Yes, I'm even talking about the HyperX Cloud series too. My unpopular opinion is that just about any desktop mic and ~$100 headphone set is ALWAYS the better choice than even the best gaming headset on the market.
    That's not unpopular either.. Pretty much everyone who's done the slightest amount of research on it agrees. Just most people don't care because headsets are more convenient.

And yes, mine is the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    But yeah, Chrome IS better than Firefox. But thats because its really not hard to be better than Firefox, 'cause its kinda shit.
    I used to be a big fan of Firefox, but it's just gotten worse and worse. I ended up reluctantly switching to Chrome a couple years ago because video playback just got so bad with firefox :/

Oddly enough, though, a couple of the sites I need to go to to pay some of my bills just do NOT work with Chrome and I have to use Firefox for it. It's been months since I've been able to pay my car payment through Chrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    But yeah, Chrome IS better than Firefox. But thats because its really not hard to be better than Firefox, 'cause its kinda shit.
    At least FF doesn't regularly threaten to disable adblocker support browser-wide though.

And it has way better script blocker add ons

Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    Virtual Reality WILL become the next big thing in gaming.
    People who disagree with that are just uneducated about it. VR is evolving really fast, something like Ready Player One is getting really close. Just give it 10-15 years.

It's cancer that there's so many AMD fanboys around hardware space, especially among content creators. AMD should get as much flak for their horrendous marketing as Intel and Nvidia do.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Music players moving over to smart phones is something I don't like, like how they discontinued the Ipod Nano.

Luckily Sony still makes the Walkman, need to pick that up. I like discrete music players with hardware controls. Being able to control the music without looking at anything or reaching into your pockets is invaluable to me.
    I can do that just fine. My headset has the audio controls on it (i use an LG Tone) Also, if i wanted to, i could simply tell Google to do it; Assistant can change tracks and control the volume. Most of the included earbuds that ive had come with phones in the last 6+ years have had in-line controls.

Not that i entirely disagree with this. Its convenient in that i dont have to carry around more devices, but dedicated players like the Nano had features that phones dont, where the software players tend to just sorta suck.

Extension of this: i hate that owning your music has become a thing no one does. Except me i guess. Streaming is all well and good but when in a congested area (i frequently work at Conventions (not during the Pandemic obv.) where there are 50-100,000 attendees. Yeah, you might have a bajillion bars but with all those people on the towers, you effectively have no data. I like to actually be able to still have music. and dedicated players were good at that. You can still do it on phones (i have an Android app that just scans my Mac for the iTunes folder and imports everything) but it isnt as convenient.

And i also go plenty of places with no service, have a power outtage, or where streaming is just a PITA.

I own everything i listen to even remotely frequently and sub to precisely not a single streaming service. Artists get more when you buy anyway, particularly if you buy FROM their site if you can.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2020-10-11 at 08:30 AM.

The implementation of social networking has caused a great deal of grief because people reflect their lives on to others, get disappointed that they don't have a bentley at the age of 12, obtain depression and anxiety holding them back from what they would've become if they didn't have to ability to drag themselves down through social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    At least FF doesn't regularly threaten to disable adblocker support browser-wide though.

And it has way better script blocker add ons
    Which dont save it from being shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    Chrome is better than Firefox
    Oh - I thought this was for unpopular opinions, not facts.

If we are going down with unpopular facts - then iOS is superior to Android, by a long shot.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which dont save it from being shit.
    It's perfectly good enough, and I don't have to worry about adblockers not working, or scripts running in the background

social media is the downfall of a civil society.

Consoles are better than PCs in general.

You don't always need to buy the latest and greatest, buy what fits your needs.

High power consoles will improve PC games.

Video game(and Internet) addiction is a real thing.

Social media was a mistake. It supports and spreads violence both online and in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technology to makes things easier makes people more stupid and unhealthy - like escalators, e-bikes, autonomous driving, mobility scooters, etc.

Designed to make things easier, it actually makes people lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    #TRIGERWARNING

Apple isn't as bad as the android haters say it is

It's ok if your grandma uses an eye fone.. but we don't need to hear an essay on how steve jobs is taking your money because your grandma hasn't died yet, and you're mad she's using your pre-death inheritance because she needs a device that just works instead of having to know technology like all of us here on mmo-c.com and thus the cycle of basement dwelling cry babies QQ'ing about iOS vs Droid was born

I don't need 4K 144 fps. I'll comfortably play on my 1080p for another 3 to 4 years. I CAN reach 200 fps, but I prefer to cap at 120.

And calling what used to be top notch "trash" because there's something shinier available just makes you a good little consumerist slave.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Chrome has been the preferred browser for a while, my dude.

Mine is: there's nothing inherently wrong with social media, most people's brains are just busted.
    That's an uninformed opinion then.

Watch The Social Dilemma. Social media literally show different people different things to get clicks, perpetuating information bubbles among other vile things.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-11 at 02:26 PM.