Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I guess the target audience of the game has changed significantly if that particular set is meant to be appealing to the game's 'whales'.

The mask part looks so cool on a vulpera wish you could just use the mask part and not the "horns" and hood and the pants and boots look like they might go well on a nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I guess the target audience of the game has changed significantly if that particular set is meant to be appealing to the game's 'whales'.
    Saving money on the 6 month sub instead of paying more for the monthly is targeting whales?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-10-21 at 03:28 PM.

Yeah the whales now fund the game unfortunately, the collector types etc. Most of them probably watch anime and probably really love this Tmog. Blizzard, since BFA have really targeted these people with new 'free' stuff every 6 months to cover the fact that the game was sub par. If you want a look into the future of how characters are going to look, go log onto Runescape 3. That game is wow's future, it is pretty much only played now by the whales and once the whales have no one to show off their collectables/achievements to, just like in RS3, they will leave the game in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Saving money on the 6 month sub instead of paying more for the monthly is targeting whales?
    'Whales' come in many forms. I don't doubt many will buy it just because it's shiny and exclusive. Much like how they do the same thing in FFXIV whenever a new shiny mount is flung into the cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Yeah the whales now fund the game unfortunately, the collector types etc. Most of them probably watch anime and probably really love this Tmog. Blizzard, since BFA have really targeted these people with new 'free' stuff every 6 months to cover the fact that the game was sub par. If you want a look into the future of how characters are going to look, go log onto Runescape 3. That game is wow's future, it is pretty much only played now by the whales and once the whales have no one to show off their collectables/achievements to, just like in RS3, they will leave the game in the end.
    It's a shame, though it does seem to be standard in the industry these days bar a few rare exceptions.

im concerned that blizzard is putting ou ta 6 month sub special now, just after releasing a notice that they are delaying the next expansion. could this be the same type of thing that happened with free diablo 3?
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

It's a shame, though it does seem to be standard in the industry these days bar a few rare exceptions.
    Yeah true and blizzard really play towards it now. Just look at how many mounts/collection items came out in 8.1 with darkshore, 8.2 with mechagon and nazjatar and 8.3 too. The game is isn't an mmorpg as we once knew it, it's a collection game with elements of an mmorpg now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    im concerned that blizzard is putting ou ta 6 month sub special now, just after releasing a notice that they are delaying the next expansion. could this be the same type of thing that happened with free diablo 3?
    Indeed it is such a weird time to do it, like SL is looking like it could be as easily shit as it could be good, imagine purchasing 6 months right now and not knowing if you are going to get a good product or not? You have to be blindly loyal to blizzard or naive to do so IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just wonder why so many people get so furious over this, but don't have a problem with FFXIV doing the same thing.

I got it with my 6 month for free, had zero plans to wear it as I think it is ugly, but man, seeing how fucking triggered some of the assclowns on here are about this, I might have to mog it to to piss some people off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah..how dare they. They gave me a free transmog set which I wasn't even expecting. It is almost as bad as back then when they gave me 12 months gameplay for the price of 10, plus a mount and a free game.

Such assholes.

Wow..I am now officially a whale because I always was on a 6 month sub. And I actually was on that sub because it saves me money...I get 6 months for the price of 5.
    imagine defending the ingame shop in a sub based mmorpg

just cringe
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I got it with my 6 month for free, had zero plans to wear it as I think it is ugly, but man, seeing how fucking triggered some of the assclowns on here are about this, I might have to mog it to to piss some people off.
    You go girl! Show them haters!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenhoof View Post
    Yeah, you sound like a real loyal customer.
    You know, not like those disloyal "whales" who play for longer than 3 months. How dare they?! Right?

How dare they play it for longer, probably even enjoy it and get rewarded? Disgusting!

I bet you will still stand to your convictions, eh?
    Because logic is not your strong suit, as it is with most of this community.
    Funny you should say that since apparently the point went WAY over your head.

This has nothing to do with convictions or loyalty. It's a promotion to get people to pay more money. Super simple, try to keep up next time.

3+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I would be more okay with this if they released another set along with it. Perhaps one that matches another store mount in the manner this matches the fae drake one. Celestial Steed set please

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There's plenty other wing effects in the game, some of them as old as couple years. Blazing Wings toy from Darkmoon has been in the game since 6.0 iirc. If you can't play the game because of the existence of wings that players can wear, you shouldn't have played it for the last 5 years already.
    Thanks for that insightful lecture....

The wings from the fair are rarely seen. The wings on Demon Hunters is situational.

Seeing people running around looking like a damn grindy Korean MMO CONSTANTLY with everyone in ridiculous wings is a massive turnoff for me. And it means I won't be back.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Solid attention to details, rich colors, and wings looks absolutely great. I'm loving the transmog. It feels as nice as travelers mog.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm fully aware people will ignore this because it may not fit their agenda, but...

You know anything in the in-game shop can be obtained 100% in-game, right?
    "Bullshit, dumbass... it's cash only durrrrr!" you may say.
    But.
    What if I told you that you can use in-game WoW gold to purchase a WoW token?
    What if I told you that you can take said token and convert it to bnet balance?
    What if I told you that you can repeat this until such a balance covers the in-game shop item you desire?

Like, I get some of the anger or whatever.
    You can be mad that someone got it just for having a 6pack sub, if you want.
    You can be mad that it's ugly af(subjective, IMO of course), if you want.
    You can even be mad that the WoW Token exists at all, because it definitely did have some impact on the in-game economy (people spending gold where once they hoarded, etc).

But to be mad about "putting it in cash shop lame it's a sub based game omg worst company ever!!" is just... I dunno... sad, really.
    Would it be better if you had to buy the set in-game with 300k gold? Would that make it more palatable?
    I dunno, maybe I just don't get it.

I still have 5 months, but I'm waiting for it as a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Female Vulpera surprisingly look really good in it too. The stretching of the helmet actually works for them with a unique look. Compared to a Tauren where it can only stretch so far and the tail suddenly becomes some kind of antenna off the back of the head.
    Agree with that. I use it on both my vulperas too, one male and one female ^^

And just compared them in game, and female vulpera looks better than the male!

What the cinnamon toast fuck is this set..? That look like something you can bought it off from dollar store.

The outrage is fucking priceless. I live for the pissy rage these items bring out. The only problem I have about this is that it's silly. Other than that, good. It's about time full mogs were available on the shop. Granted I wanted them to start by offering set colors that exist but aren't available, but here we are. Maybe eventually I'll have something to do with all this Blizzard balance from the last 2 expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Thanks for that insightful lecture....

The wings from the fair are rarely seen. The wings on Demon Hunters is situational.

Seeing people running around looking like a damn grindy Korean MMO CONSTANTLY with everyone in ridiculous wings is a massive turnoff for me. And it means I won't be back.
    No one cares. For every person that quits because of this, someone else starts playing because they absolutely love it.

I can only imagine how unstable you must be in everyday life in such a small thing completely tilts you. Time to grow up.