Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Anyone else look at the OPs screenshots with the red arrows and think that maybe this is an AI that has scraped a bunch of clickbait thumbnails from YouTube (you know, the "IF ONLY THEY NOTICED THIS! *red arrow pointing to nothing in particular*) and tried to make its own?
    SorryNotSorry

Quote Originally Posted by Hatorri View Post
    I was not nice surprised when accidently see the difference on war mode between my horde toon and the ally, what kind of logical and fair excuse Blizzard/Activision will give to me?
    I'm playing wow since 2005 and in all this years alliance was always boosted by the game and we have accepted that, to be alliance is not so easy to play so you need help.. yes yes i know some alliance they will love to gang me on the fields.. :P but this time is way too much.. see the pictures and judges by your self.

https://prnt.sc/v43zew

https://prnt.sc/v440be
    its nothing to do with "fair" its about how sharding works and human nature, if one side has a zerg the system will bring people of the other faction over to the shard to balance numbers, they get rolled 1vzerg then leave zone/ shard hop / ect. and the cycle repeats. It happens for both sides and equally frustrating.

Or play Horde in Roleplaying realms. You are outnumbered massively and you get to watch Alliance get their nice boost in rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Or play Horde in Roleplaying realms. You are outnumbered massively and you get to watch Alliance get their nice boost in rewards.
    You do know that Warmode bonus is based on region and not on individual realms, right?

There is no "outnumbering".
    There are just as much Alliance players as Horde players. They just refuse to turn warmode on hence why they have the buff.
    This was proven by how the Horde actually had a better buff on EU once when the extra quest gave a HC item an Alliance actually turned it on for once.

The hand-out item got nerfed, Alliance went back to hiding.

You know that Blizzard aren't doing it themselves? The algorithm picks up what faction is underrepresented and buffs Warmode to incentivise.

Also, it's HORDE that has been given the unfair advantage constantly. You have more race class combos than Alliance. You have the better new races like Nightbourne and Zandalari. Blizzard devs, especially the senior ones, main Horde so they're biased.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    You do know that Warmode bonus is based on region and not on individual realms, right?

There are just as much Alliance players as Horde players. They just refuse to turn warmode on hence why they have the buff.
    This was proven by how the Horde actually had a better buff on EU once when the extra quest gave a HC item an Alliance actually turned it on for once.

Someone doesn't know how Roleplaying servers work.

There is outnumbering on WM On and no incentives to turn it on for the majority of the Horde playerbase because the buff is regionwide so the Alliance, even though present in greater numbers in RP Realms, benefit of it.

There is outnumbering on WM On and no incentives to turn it on for the majority of the Horde playerbase because the buff is regionwide so the Alliance, even though present in greater numbers in RP Realms, benefit of it.
    This. I don't agree with rewarding a faction just because in the first place, but regional reward base is just stupid. It blankets everything even if alliance is raping whole zone.

the incentive to turn warmode on is that you get to gank people

jfc do you always need a carrot hanging in front of you to do anything like a goddamn donkey

RP realms are only ever shared with other RP realms. In Europe, rp realm faction balance is like 80-20 in favour of alliance.

How do I know? I play on to realm, and on my Alliance character I enjoy 30% bonus and never get bothered by anyone. On my horde character I can't do 1 world quest without getting swarmed by alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    RP realms are only ever shared with other RP realms. In Europe, rp realm faction balance is like 80-20 in favour of alliance.

How do I know? I play on to realm, and on my Alliance character I enjoy 30% bonus and never get bothered by anyone. On my horde character I can't do 1 world quest without getting swarmed by alliance.
    Okay.

How does that add to the conversation here? We are talking about the Warmode bonus here.
    All you do is highlight why the calculation of the Warmode bonus is way off and needs to be re-adjusted based on better metrics than what is used now.

Okay.

How does that add to the conversation here? We are talking about the Warmode bonus here.
    All you do is highlight why the calculation of the Warmode bonus is way off and needs to be re-adjusted based on better metrics than what is used now.
    Well I corrected you because you were spreading misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Well I corrected you because you were spreading misinformation.
    What misinformation did I spread exactly?

Everything I said works as I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It's not why guilds are Horde now. Racials are very balanced right now and have been since Legion.
    It is.
    Most of them are in Horde because of it back on days, and now they are still horde one because they are loyal after years of OP racial to their story and two, cause they have no reason to change.

Quote Originally Posted by locketto View Post
    It is.
    Most of them are in Horde because of it back on days, and now they are still horde one because they are loyal after years of OP racial to their story and two, cause they have no reason to change.
    The problem with that assumption is that when Horde racials were at it's peak in Mists, there were more Alliance players than Horde players. So no, it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The problem with that assumption is that when Horde racials were at it's peak in Mists, there were more Alliance players than Horde players. So no, it's not.
    You are assuming a bigger number of players on the horde side but is wrong.

I assume more competitive players on the horde side, factions are balanced for numbers but Alliance got more casuals.

Approximately 50.6 percent of all characters in the U.S. realms were members of the Alliance.
    Distribution of World of Warcraft characters in U.S. and EU realms as of December 2019, by faction.
    Alliance Horde
    EU realms 49.9% 50.1%
    U.S. realms 50.6% 49.4%
    18 June 2020

This isn't new at all and really skirts the line of being a troll bait thread.

This topic is also completely narrative based that cannot really be argued because neither side wants to see it objectively. There's a ton of different variables such as group think that causes players to swing one way or another. Case in point, all the top raiders and M+ have swung horde for racials in the past and just not swapped. You've seen one guild go Alliance in prep for the next raid, and Limit has gone Alliance in the past to get extra loot taking advantage of the Alliance Against All Odds - which literally exists because Alliance has lower representation in War Mode. If Alliance turns on warmode these things goes away.

For pvp you've seen players swap back and forth based on the meta and the comps that are good in arena. For example: When Lock/Shaman is good you will see more players on Horde purely because Orc is generally considered to be best racial for a shaman (although EU has leaned Alliance for years regardless of this). If shaman is not meta, that generally means Players lean Alliance because Nelf/Human are best for most healer classes. You've even seen dps players like rogues going nelf for the extra vanish that procs subterfuge which means extra cheapshots or garrotes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Sooo... what exactly is your complaint, OP?

Is this about the XP and reward bonus for the Alliance being greater than for the Horde? Those are there to make the PvP scene a little less Horde-dominated. The amount of Horde PvP players is massive, compared to the Alliance PvP players. If I were to guess, I'd say the proportion before Warmode was like 10:1 for H:A and I still feel like I'm being generous. And I still think the proportion today is not that much better.

The population imbalance is partly caused by the fact that the overwhelming population of good PvP'ers and raiders are Horde, mostly thanks to the times in which Horde racials were much better for PvP and raiding.

WarMode is a joke for the Horde. If you turn Warmode on and you're Horde, chances are you won't be bothered at all by the Alliance if you quest in Kul'Tiras. But if you're Alliance, there's actually a fair chance of being ganged on by Horde when you enter Zandalar.
    Every Man For Himself wants to have a word with you.

other than that, i agree with your post. horde overwhelms alliance on every occasion so it is only fair to give them a bigger reward to encourage them enabling pvp.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatorri View Post
    I was not nice surprised when accidently see the difference on war mode between my horde toon and the ally, what kind of logical and fair excuse Blizzard/Activision will give to me?
    I'm playing wow since 2005 and in all this years alliance was always boosted by the game and we have accepted that, to be alliance is not so easy to play so you need help.. yes yes i know some alliance they will love to gang me on the fields.. :P but this time is way too much.. see the pictures and judges by your self.

https://prnt.sc/v43zew

https://prnt.sc/v440be
    sure that sucks, especially we have to consider the rewards are pve based.

There is the additional wpvp quest, too.

Nothing of that could make up for that empty group finder in the arena section, when you play alliance or endless epic bg losses, if you solo q.

Ah, gotta love how everyone and their mother faction changed to horde due to better racials/blizzard favoritism/etc, and now that they gotta pay the toll, they whine about "unfair advantages".
    It's just some percents. Suck it up. And I play horde too now because of my friends.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    Every Man For Himself wants to have a word with you.

other than that, i agree with your post. horde overwhelms alliance on every occasion so it is only fair to give them a bigger reward to encourage them enabling pvp.
    or shadowmeld, i rather think alliance has better racials, shadowmeld is very powerful in pve(mythic+ death runs) and pvp, dwarves removing bleeds, even the haymaker of KT is pretty strong if used correctly in arenas or bgs.

races are the least reasion, why there is more horde in 2020, both orcs and troll racials got nerfed pretty hard.

All the big guilds are playing horde, in EU merely the raids guilds, but i guess in NA everyone is horde.

Most arena r1 players in EU are alliance, because they play organized and only arena, so they never see the negativity of playing as alliance, like most other players do.

Personally, i think the horde pvp colours are better, too, more a fan of red than blue but thats probably not the most important thing ever.