Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Still staggering the lfr for.. reasons..
    LFR has always been staggered. Encourages people to try normal. Not sure what this has to do with the topic though

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Even employees that were clearly, lifers? You really think employees with immense security leave to start a new company with mountains of risk involved because "people leave companies"? As a career professional, this statement is nonsense. They left because we can all see the writing on the wall. Blizzard of today is a mere shadow of its former self. WC3: Reforged would never have been released by the old Blizzard.
    This is biggest bullshit ever and I'm not sure if I've ever seen this childish/naive post lol. Yes people do leave companies for various reasons, and neither you or me know the reason for sure in this case.

You claiming that you are a "career professional" makes you less credible btw, because anyone who has actually experience from a large corporation and business in general knows you are talking out of your ass..

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Ah the memer is still here

I'm still hoping they have something yet unseen to add to the maw pre release.

Its not like its unplayable its just... kinda boring. But its not like you are gonna spend hours there every day anyway
    It's very, very boring. Unplayable? Maybe not but when the main endgame zone is a place you'd rather not go to, there is some thing wrong.
    Not sure what you mean with "the memer" but I've been here for 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's very, very boring. Unplayable? Maybe not but when the main endgame zone is a place you'd rather not go to, there is some thing wrong.
    Not sure what you mean with "the memer" but I've been here for 10 years.
    I'm not sure i agree with the "main endgame zone" part. You rally dont spend that much time there.

But its still boring - and if they want to use that zone moving forward its something they are going to have to look at.

I'm not sure i agree with the "main endgame zone" part. You rally dont spend that much time there.

But its still boring - and if they want to use that zone moving forward its something they are going to have to look at.
    What is the main endgame zone, then? I feel like if there isn't a main endgame zone, that's a big oversight. Suramar was fantastic to experience after reaching max level, so it's a shame there seems to be a lack of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    What is the main endgame zone, then? I feel like if there isn't a main endgame zone, that's a big oversight. Suramar was fantastic to experience after reaching max level, so it's a shame there seems to be a lack of that.
    Depends how you define it.

For me its a place you spend a lot of time in.

I agree Suramar was great but suramar and the maw are completely different in terms of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I was under the impression they have made changes; are they not in the beta yet?
    all they did was lower hp and damage of mobs and add some more items to the vendor and then they say "complete revamp of combat and rewards"
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-10-30 at 08:56 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm still not even sure what the point of The Maw (as a zone) is.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-development-update-october/666214

So around 3 weeks ago, Blizzard posted a bluepost about the development of Shadowlands, and in one of the paragraphs they explained how they were going to improve the Maw through both gameplay and its rewards.

However, all we've ever gotten so far are just new rewards, we haven't gotten an update or whatever on the gameplay-side, which is really worrying considering how nearly everyone that has tested the Maw has had only negative things to say about it.
    There's only 4 weeks left until the expansion launches, do you guys think they'll save these changes for a future patch or somehow fit it in a build in the coming weeks?
    Pretty sure they still have time. I'm thinking it won't be accessible till raids first open anyways. So still time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Pretty sure they still have time. I'm thinking it won't be accessible till raids first open anyways. So still time.
    you get access to the maw and sent there as soon as you get max level pretty much, you also do part of maw at the start of level 50 as soon as you go to shadowlands, you also need to do maw to open torghast

i'll just imagine it's a very dangerous place and being there chips away your soul fragment by fragment

Classic showed me, that my imagination is much more potent than voice actors, writers etc.
    I can grind elementals for days without being bored, cuz i make up a little story for myself
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

When I played in the Maw, it was such a tiny zone, with both factions having the same hub. Not sure how it's gonna be at launch with a lot of players. Guess WM off is mandatory.

I did get some Diablo vibes from it though, and it's such a shame they wasted the opportunity to make it great.

Quote Originally Posted by orsraunia View Post
    I feel the same, that they haven't done much since they announced the delay. Where did that dev time go, what are we missing? Did balancing and bugs really take all their time? I am curious.
    Don’t forget the delay could easily be because of covid and the fires at their doorstep. The delay could have had nothing to do with making SL better lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Not why Mike Morhaime left. Read some of his interviews and it paints a picture that Blizzard treated their employees poorly.
    The feeling I got from the interviews was that Mike was tired of being bossed around by bigger companies (Activision lately) and he wanted to start a new company and try to keep it under his control this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    The feeling I got from the interviews was that Mike was tired of being bossed around by bigger companies (Activision lately) and he wanted to start a new company and try to keep it under his control this time.
    Former CEO sells company, regrets descision, makes new company and flames the old one.

What a sore loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Time for what? When? Release is in 3.5 weeks. The soonest they can update the Maw is next week which leaves us basically with one or two weeks of testing in beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by orsraunia View Post
    I feel the same, that they haven't done much since they announced the delay. Where did that dev time go, what are we missing? Did balancing and bugs really take all their time? I am curious.
    Yeah because this is the case. They have fixed some major bugs, but their tuning ranged from -100 to 100, they have no idea on how to tune things. First they nerf, then they overpower and then they nerf again.

The biggest problem are still the Maw and many Covenant abilities. As a Shadow/ Holy Priest you're f* because all of them suck. Same for Enhancement Shaman, Druids etc. There are 2 weeks of beta left and they really didn't use the time they won with the delay. The only major thing they implemented where the Conduit and Soulbind changes (which really nobody asked for).
    _____

The thing with the Maw is, if you haven't played it, you don't know how bad it is.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-10-30 at 03:27 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Former CEO sells company, regrets descision, makes new company and flames the old one.

What a sore loser.
    I don't think he's necessarily a "sore loser".

I think the pattern is more like

1) "Wow that's a lot of money! We should sell!"

2) "Huh working for someone else isn't as fun as I expected after decades of basically being my own boss!"

3) "I guess I'll retired and roll around in the literally millions and millions of dollars I have"

4) "Okay that got old fast, I like actually making stuff..."

5) "I know, I'll start my own company!"

And if they live long enough, and do well, we get to:

6) "Wow that's a lot of money! We should sell!"

You see it in a lot of industries. Sore losers do exist, but they're usually pretty vocal about it. Like "My old company publicly blew goats, but my new one will be amazeballs". Also it sounds like Metzen has for a long time been more interested in TT games (RPGs and wargames) than computer games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The only major thing they implemented where the Conduit and Soulbind changes (which really nobody asked for)..
    The response to them has been pretty much universally positive, including from previously-negative Youtubers, so "really nobody asked for..." is kind of funny. If nobody asked for it, given the response, it suggests Blizzard are, in fact, competent, and do, in fact, know better than Youtubers/you about some things.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

If any other big game had a death centric vibe and made a zone you dread going to intentionally to fit thematically... it would receive nothing but praise for the developers “bravery”.

WoW does it and it’s trash. Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    If any other big game had a death centric vibe and made a zone you dread going to intentionally to fit thematically... it would receive nothing but praise for the developers “bravery”.

WoW does it and it’s trash. Okay.
    The idea is neat. The execution isn't.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I don't think he's necessarily a "sore loser".

I think the pattern is more like

1) "Wow that's a lot of money! We should sell!"

2) "Huh working for someone else isn't as fun as I expected after decades of basically being my own boss!"

3) "I guess I'll retired and roll around in the literally millions and millions of dollars I have"

4) "Okay that got old fast, I like actually making stuff..."

5) "I know, I'll start my own company!"

And if they live long enough, and do well, we get to:

6) "Wow that's a lot of money! We should sell!"

You see it in a lot of industries. Sore losers do exist, but they're usually pretty vocal about it. Like "My old company publicly blew goats, but my new one will be amazeballs". Also it sounds like Metzen has for a long time been more interested in TT games (RPGs and wargames) than computer games.

- - - Updated - - -

The response to them has been pretty much universally positive, including from previously-negative Youtubers, so "really nobody asked for..." is kind of funny. If nobody asked for it, given the response, it suggests Blizzard are, in fact, competent, and do, in fact, know better than Youtubers/you about some things.
    I think you got the timeline very wrong there bro