Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Finally got to play ME1 for the first time. It runs buttery smooth on my Series S. I'm about 20 hours in and just left the port in Noveria to hunt a particular individual. First impressions are that overall it's more janky than the sequels, especially the combat, but it's fun enough despite some tedious corridor sections. I've experienced a few bugs: Shephard got stuck walking backwards; the Mako got stuck on nothing, and when I exited it it reappeared in a different location (this happened several times); Liara got stuck in a kneeling position. Annoying but not game-breaking as yet.

I'm playing an Infiltrator and tend to bring Liara and either Wrex, Ashley or Tali with me on missions. Garrus seems to die pretty quick even with upgraded armor and Kaiden's just boring. Not sure if I'll replay this one much, I've had some fun with it but it definitely feels like it's starting to drag a little bit.
    ME1 is for sure more janky combat wise and if you think that now it was way worse before. They did this thing where it was more an RPG than a cover shooter so bullets had things like hit rating and so on. So even if you had like the cross hard lined up directly on the head the bullet might just swing left because of math in the background. Something I think that was more just a bioware thing in the early 2000s.

As for the bugs I saw some of those too. I also had this one where you jump out the Mako and enemies appear to surround you then I jump in and they are gone then out again and they appear again and so on.

As a major fan of the trilogy and 1 being one I actually like a lot.. here is the important thing to do with a ME1 playthrough. Get a super complete finish to the game with good credits, max level, and as much side content as you can as possible. Because I agree playing though it a TON just isn't so great these days because its age is just shown. But if you get that really badass complete playthrough save you get all the cool little side shit that pops up in ME2 (mostly) and ME3 (a little) that come from it. The comic book starters get you the big points but its the ton of small little side things that appear that make ME2 specifically a bit more enjoyable in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    ME1 combat for sure was shit, it's a bit better now. ME2 really did the series a solid with good combat system.

7+ Year Old Account
    I kind of like ME1's combat. 2 and 3 were much better, but, I still enjoyed 1, combat wise.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Other than that I'm having fun, and those bugs don't take me out of the game. Playing on the PS5 makes me really hope they go back and optimize the game for the new consoles. I keep expecting some cool interaction with the Dualsense controller. There's some instances where the devs obviously didn't account for fast load times.
    Unlikely as they've said they have no plans to make a next-gen version. The reason being that they are already pushing UE3 to its absolute limits and a next-gen port simply wouldn't provide enough benefits to justify the extra development time.

There is no crosspost option, buuut - you now can fly SR-1 Normandy in NMS via official collaboration between Hello Games and BioWare.
    https://www.nomanssky.com/2021/05/be...dition-update/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I kind of like ME1's combat. 2 and 3 were much better, but, I still enjoyed 1, combat wise.
    Same here. Not brilliant but not horrible, I found it perfectly playable. Dusted it off about 2 years ago and I was fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

ME1's been pretty buggy for me. Shepard using Medi-Gel without me prompting it, movement bugs, a handful of T-posing NPCs, Mako being stuck in place until I reloaded a save, framerate being stuck at 30 FPS once and 8 FPS another time until restart, nothing quest breaking so far but I've had more bugs than when playing the release version of Cyberpunk. Here's hoping that's just ME1 being ME1 and the second and third game will be better about it.

I'm on Virmire now, level 20 and the combat is finally starting to go from "meh" to "somewhat OK". I'm still not going to be even close to 100%ing that game, I want to leave it behind soon enough to dive into the superior sequels.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

If you want to play Mass Effect 3 in hardmode: Set your FPS above 120. This will prevent your shields from recharging.

This bug was present in vanilla ME3 (though you needed to use console commands to unlock the framerate above 60 there) and seems like it has not been fixed in Legendary Edition (which is made worse by the framerate being unlockable directly in the game settings).

Is "No Shields" a ME3 speedrunning category? I feel like it should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If you want to play Mass Effect 3 in hardmode: Set your FPS above 120. This will prevent your shields from recharging.

This bug was present in vanilla ME3 (though you needed to use console commands to unlock the framerate above 60 there) and seems like it has not been fixed in Legendary Edition (which is made worse by the framerate being unlockable directly in the game settings).

Is "No Shields" a ME3 speedrunning category? I feel like it should.
    Just set mine to 240 and shields are recharging just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    ME1's been pretty buggy for me. Shepard using Medi-Gel without me prompting it, movement bugs, a handful of T-posing NPCs, Mako being stuck in place until I reloaded a save, framerate being stuck at 30 FPS once and 8 FPS another time until restart, nothing quest breaking so far but I've had more bugs than when playing the release version of Cyberpunk. Here's hoping that's just ME1 being ME1 and the second and third game will be better about it.

I'm on Virmire now, level 20 and the combat is finally starting to go from "meh" to "somewhat OK". I'm still not going to be even close to 100%ing that game, I want to leave it behind soon enough to dive into the superior sequels.
    The medigel without command thing was weird, i thought it was some perk or something i took. Theirs a part in vrmire where you can save or massacre these indoctrinated salarians and it just lags the game for some reason.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-05-25 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The medigel without command thing was weird, i thought it was some perk or something i took. Theirs a part in vrmire where you can save or massacre these indoctrinated salarians and it just lags the game for some reason.
    Yeah, that's where I got the 8 FPS bug as well. Soon as you exit the conversation the game is locked there and even restarting the game fixes nothing, I had to load an earlier autosave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's where I got the 8 FPS bug as well. Soon as you exit the conversation the game is locked there and even restarting the game fixes nothing, I had to load an earlier autosave.
    If you keep going further it fixes itself eventually. Like well before you meet sovereign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tabbing out and back into the game fixed it for me.

Is that after you kill the indoctrinated Salarians on Virmire? I had that bug, too. Nothing helped, not quitting and restarting, not changing the video settings, nothing. But if you continue onward a short while (you have 2 fights that you basically have to let your compaions fight for you) you get to the dialog section with the female scientist before the elevator to the soverain console and that fixes the framerate.

But yeah, strange bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Just set mine to 240 and shields are recharging just fine.
    That may be, id probably lock the frame rate to at least 60 regardless in ME3.

That game was originally made in a manner where enemy reaction speeds and aiming got faster and more accurate with a higher frame rate, i.e the game becomes harder at 60 fps and above as compared to 30.

I can't imagine they've bothered to fix that on PC for what is essentially a console port.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Is that after you kill the indoctrinated Salarians on Virmire? I had that bug, too. Nothing helped, not quitting and restarting, not changing the video settings, nothing. But if you continue onward a short while (you have 2 fights that you basically have to let your compaions fight for you) you get to the dialog section with the female scientist before the elevator to the soverain console and that fixes the framerate.

But yeah, strange bug.
    Strange bug indeed. I ended up just leaving these guys alone. The nuke was going to kabloom them anyway.

On to Ilos now, still have a full quest log but I really can't be bothered to do all the side stuff that requires you to drive that POS Mako through sterile environments to yet another identical prefab building to kill yet more irrelevant yahoos and have maybe two conversations during that whole time. And collecting all the medallions and such sounds just about like my idea of gaming torture. Thank fuck I'm not a completionist.

Ashley very obviously didn't have nipples during the sex scene with her. I'm fairly certain it was always like that but camera angles hid it in the original version. She's still best girl tho.

I bought the thing thinking I'd end up disappointed, but I can't say that I were. It's smoother and looks prettier than my super-modded trilogy while also being more stable save for a couple of instances in ME1. The rework of the combat readiness BS was also extremely welcome, now you don't have to play multiplayer or connect to that ridiculous external N7 website to cap the military strength. Plus mods are pouring out already, so overall I'm satisfied, against my pessimistic predictions. Of course there's the matter of the launcher inside a launcher and that DRM BS but I didn't feel any performance drops. Maybe older machines do, I don't know.

I had that in another instance as well, don't remember when though. In both cases reloading did nothing, but the bug disappeared immediately after moving away from the areas.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That game was originally made in a manner where enemy reaction speeds and aiming got faster and more accurate with a higher frame rate, i.e the game becomes harder at 60 fps and above as compared to 30.
    So that's why combat felt funnier in ME3LE? I'm ok with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a rumor that MP plans will be announced at EAs upcoming press event. Taking the rumors with a lot of salt...but there hope.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post

So that's why combat felt funnier in ME3LE? I'm ok with that.
    Having game logic that impacts overall combat balance tied to frame rate like that is pretty broken, but good for you if you enjoy that, if bioware didn't get around to sorting it out for ME3LE.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    There's a rumor that MP plans will be announced at EAs upcoming press event. Taking the rumors with a lot of salt...but there hope.
    I really liked the ME3 MP but let's not forget that it was blatently Pay to win with the best classes and Weapons all locked in Lootboxes with pretty low drop chances and a big grind attached to getting them for just playing.
    It was only fun for me back then because i was in a game with a cheater, after the game i suddenly had a few hundred thousand credits (or whatever the currency was to buy the packs) and since Bioware didn't care i bought a shitton of packs and unlocked a lot.

I hope that if they bring it back it will be with everything unlocked or, even better, with a level up system and guaranteed unlocks every level, but knowing EA, i doubt that.