1. #6221
    The ripcord has been pulled
    They must admit defeat
    They are still holding onto the ego trip “without these restrictions the players wouldn’t have enjoyed it as much” fuck off
    The intro skip which was in at launch for the last two expansions are finally here
    No mention of MoP TW raid is a tad worrying however I really want the mage tower back and am interested in how it will work

    The interesting thing about all of this is that the changes seem like what you get around the final patch….if 9.2 is the final one then it will be a looooonnnnngggg one

  2. #6222
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Let me save you the trouble:
    "They're gonna make some changes to the stuff you guys have been complaining about." You should probably go ahead and tweet that now though, rather than waiting to predict something is gonna happen after the devs have already announced it or the community has already narrowed it down.
    You got me bro. That is how I handle all my info since 2016. You caught me red handed lol.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

  3. #6223
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The ripcord has been pulled
    They must admit defeat
    They are still holding onto the ego trip “without these restrictions the players wouldn’t have enjoyed it as much” fuck off
    The intro skip which was in at launch for the last two expansions are finally here
    No mention of MoP TW raid is a tad worrying however I really want the mage tower back and am interested in how it will work

    The interesting thing about all of this is that the changes seem like what you get around the final patch….if 9.2 is the final one then it will be a looooonnnnngggg one
    I think that much of it just par the course. Not the first they do something like this. Defeat? More like set up faux excitement during the drought.

    They sort of do this shit all the time - create a rigid system with restrictions/grind and then over time with patches relax it, it's like adding new options without really doing much new stuff.

    It's really an old stunt. It's a good stunt that works, but it's just a trick.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  4. #6224
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think that much of it just par the course. Not the first they do something like this. Defeat? More like set up faux excitement during the drought.

    They sort of do this shit all the time - create a rigid system with restrictions/grind and then over time with patches relax it, it's like adding new options without really doing much new stuff.

    It's really an old stunt. It's a good stunt that works, but it's just a trick.
    Oh I agree
    But this time they did more than the usual “we hear you and we agree”
    It will happen again because they refuse to admit fault I mean that post reads like “we aren’t saying we were wrong but you are right”
    They kept conduit energy knowing it was a garbage system

    I’m just glad I can play alts and that I can enjoy the full launch game instead of 25%

    It will happen again in 10.2 but now we have a public post that players will shove in their face

  5. #6225
    Well I don't doubt it's a "shit hit the fan" salvage operation mode. It's sort of premediated though.

    I do think they need to get out of their bunkers and start communicating more though. Even if it's at risk of being misinterpreted down the road.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  6. #6226
    Epic! Gifdwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Ban Realm of the Shadowlands
    Posts
    1,572
    I don't know why this site hates Towelliee in particular as much as they do, probably because he actually posts here. I could be remembering wrong but from my memory he has always been honest about him having vague information told to him from friends at blizzard, which is usually somewhat accurate.

  7. #6227
    Loa of Death Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    2,522
    Will there be more Zandalari customizations?

  8. #6228
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Will there be more Zandalari customizations?
    Probably eventually but they've said they have their sights set on the Highmountain Tauren next, I've been hoping for something good for my Highmountain Druid

    Source: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ion/200920/660

    Quote Originally Posted by Linxy <Community Manager>
    We’ll be continuing to expand our character customization in the future, with our sights set on Highmountain Tauren next.
    I hope they expand the customization for Dark Iron Dwarves along with the Highmountain
    Last edited by Jackknife35; 2021-08-28 at 01:19 AM.

  9. #6229
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Will there be more Zandalari customizations?
    I think there will be more customizations period even for races that already got them.

    People like it and I'm sure Blizzard will take a note of it. They need these small wins to get on players' good side.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  10. #6230
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think that much of it just par the course. Not the first they do something like this. Defeat? More like set up faux excitement during the drought.

    They sort of do this shit all the time - create a rigid system with restrictions/grind and then over time with patches relax it, it's like adding new options without really doing much new stuff.

    It's really an old stunt. It's a good stunt that works, but it's just a trick.
    There is actually someone on twitter via Blizzard that did admit wrongdoing FYI. Its also not a shit hit the fan, these changes probably took a bit to do.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  11. #6231
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There is actually someone on twitter via Blizzard that did admit wrongdoing FYI. Its also not a shit hit the fan, these changes probably took a bit to do.
    Oh please. The way covenants interact mechanically is something that is most likely handled with a few flags. Stuff like TW takes time, but some of the asinine changes like Covenants and Conduit Energy don't take much from them, as they are already seperate system that you are just locked out of artificially, yet all the progress is stored. So instead of getting teleported out and the NPC not talking to you, you just remove those checks and suddenly you have access to all covenants and one variable tracks which is your main one right now. Not to mention conduit energy which is entirely artificially placed on top and could be removed at the drop of a hat.

    This scheme is indeed completly transparent and they have been shown to repeat it time and time again. That their excuse is the lore (rofl) speaks volumes here, because everyone with eyes can see that the lore was never the issue, but even they did not dare to blame their own programming, even though that would have fooled alot more gullible munchkins. They probably didn't want to claim that as they know it would make the skin crawl of anyone with even novice programming experience; it's akin to claiming our programmers are complete idiots and shitting on their own staff is not big right now.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  12. #6232
    Epic! Gifdwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Ban Realm of the Shadowlands
    Posts
    1,572
    Anyone else ever notice the Venthyr/Revendreth music plays in the Horde Embassy? Idk if this is new or not

  13. #6233
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I don't know why this site hates Towelliee in particular as much as they do, probably because he actually posts here. I could be remembering wrong but from my memory he has always been honest about him having vague information told to him from friends at blizzard, which is usually somewhat accurate.
    I love him just because he’s like
    “I have inside information and you can hate me but I’m still right”

  14. #6234
    I hope to see 9.2 PTR this year...

  15. #6235
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I hope to see 9.2 PTR this year...
    I cannot imagine we won't. The tunraround for patches is usually around 6 months, and the time a longer patch like 9.2 is likely to spend in PTR is well over a month. SO unless even that has been massively pushed back I would expect a 9.2 PTR in early December at the latest, and most likely somewhere mid-November.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  16. #6236
    Bloodsail Admiral Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    You got me bro. That is how I handle all my info since 2016. You caught me red handed lol.
    Why are you even posting here if all you do is spreading toxicity? Either start to add something to the discussion or go back to your stream please. No one cares for your attention cries.

  17. #6237
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I hope to see 9.2 PTR this year...
    9.1.5 PTR - next week (confirmed)
    9.1 launch - October 19th (week of 80 Renown)
    9.2 reveal & PTR - November 15th (week of FF14 expac)
    9.2 launch - February
    10.0 reveal - online event around February/March
    9.3 - either scrapped or something smaller than 9.2 in Summer (Jailer invasion on Azeroth, max level content in Icecrown)

    As for 10.0 launch, I can see 3 scenarios:

    1) Speedrun, no 9.3, Alpha soon after reveal, launch exactly 2 years after SL
    2) Moderate, 9.3 50/50, SL as long as BfA, launch in March 2023 (before Q1 end)
    3) 10.0 is Azeroth revamp and will take more time, 9.3 certain and launch in second half of 2022, 10.0 launch in August 2023.

  18. #6238
    these changes aren't appealing to me at all, I'm not motivated to go back just to collect transmogs from covenants and some new allied race customizations.

  19. #6239
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I don't know why this site hates Towelliee in particular as much as they do, probably because he actually posts here. I could be remembering wrong but from my memory he has always been honest about him having vague information told to him from friends at blizzard, which is usually somewhat accurate.
    Because he literally only shows up in these threads to beg for attention, look at his post history.

    He acts exactly like the idiots who LARP as being "Blizzard employees" and ""leak"" expansion details that anyone could guess based on common sense, like "X system that everyone has been complaining about the whole expansion is gonna be removed", and then when alpha happens and it is removed they post "See, you guys said I was making shit up but look, next time believe me!" The only difference is he uses a regular account instead of a burner one.

    He isn't interested in actually providing information (something that's happened maybe once or twice in the past five years), he's just interested in taking whatever off-hand comment a dev made to him and stroking his own ego by making vague, safe ""predictive"" claims about really basic information and then (when wrong or off) moving goal posts so that he can make comments about how ""right"" and "in the know" he is, because apparently a career entirely based around getting attention still isn't enough, so he has to also try and drum up more in his free time.

    He isn't treated any different than anyone else who does this shit, it's just that he keeps coming back and continuing to do it where the other people abandon their burner account and move on.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2021-08-28 at 11:28 AM.

  20. #6240
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because he literally only shows up in these threads to beg for attention, look at his post history.

    He acts exactly like the idiots who LARP as being "Blizzard employees" and ""leak"" expansion details that anyone could guess based on common sense, like "X system that everyone has been complaining about the whole expansion is gonna be removed", and then when alpha happens and it is removed they post "See, you guys said I was making shit up but look, next time believe me!" The only difference is he uses a regular account instead of a burner one.

    He isn't interested in actually providing information (something that's happened maybe once or twice in the past five years), he's just interested in taking whatever off-hand comment a dev made to him and stroking his own ego by making vague, safe ""predictive"" claims about really basic information and then (when wrong or off) moving goal posts so that he can make comments about how ""right"" and "in the know" he is, because apparently a career entirely based around getting attention still isn't enough, so he has to also try and drum up more in his free time.

    He isn't treated any different than anyone else who does this shit, it's just that he keeps coming back and continuing to do it where the other people abandon their burner account and move on.
    Or you can just shrug and move on...

    Guy has a youtube channel and posts some shit on MMOC, whooptie fucking do. Let's make some Holy War out of it now.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •