Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Absolutely never in those words. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    When were they EVER called that?

Screencapped from Chronicles Vol 1. Chapter 1: Mythos Page 2

What the ever-living fu-- I mean WORLD are you guys smoking?
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2022-01-20 at 05:35 AM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth waking up would be fitting for "end of book 1" of Warcraft. Much more than killing ultra villain introduced last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Azeroth waking up would be fitting for "end of book 1" of Warcraft. Much more than killing ultra villain introduced last minute.
    World of Warcraft: Living World?
    Or is that reading way too much into it? ;P

Incidentally, I think during the last batch of strings I thought we had a weather set and then realized we didn't when I double checked. I guess we do now!
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-20 at 05:38 AM.

The livingworld stuff involving time of day and weather makes me wonder if they mean living world in more of an RP sense. Like they want to make the whole world just feel more alive and this is part of some new systems to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

Neat, totally missed this. Hmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Dragon isles confirmed

BIIIIIIIG PICTURE

erm.... how?

where did you even get this pic?

I mean- the only "strange" thing about it is that I've never seen this "format/style" of EK.

OTher than that? Clouds? What? They are keeping Dragon Isles hidden?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    World of Warcraft: Living World?
    Or is that reading way too much into it? ;P

Incidentally, I think during the last batch of strings I thought we had a weather set and then realized we didn't when I double checked. I guess we do now!
    It just sound right. In the past I expected 10.0 to be this big cosmic expansion, Light vs Void, Legion style and Azeroth 'birth' as culmination.

But all this talk about 'ending book', last fight description, really high demand for more grounded story and smaller hints I don't remember right now made me think about that. Livingworld stuff just fits, even if I have no idea what this is actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    erm.... how?

where did you even get this pic?

I mean- the only "strange" thing about it is that I've never seen this "format/style" of EK.

OTher than that? Clouds? What? They are keeping Dragon Isles hidden?
    This looks like the Azeroth we see in the Argus skybox. I don't recall perfectly, but it looks warped in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    This looks like the Azeroth we see in the Argus skybox. I don't recall perfectly, but it looks warped in the same way.

this 1?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...e_seat_of_the/

nah... this 1 (the 1 that supposed-leaker linked) actually looks like those "PTR maps" we get from Blizzard.

And sup with 1/4, 3/4, 4/4 "places"?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    this 1?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...e_seat_of_the/

nah... this 1 (the 1 that supposed-leaker linked) actually looks like those "PTR maps" we get from Blizzard.

And sup with 1/4, 3/4, 4/4 "places"?
    Different one. Main Argus zones have Azeroth visible in the skybox.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't be silly people. Argus skybox just show stuff we knew before 7.3. Of course in theory Azeroth people should know about every single bigger landmass, someone had to look (not even on Argus, I think ship is orbiting over planet since BfA).

But that can't limit devs, we will have to either suspend our disbelief or just assume every new (unexplored! so Kul Tiras/Zandalar doesn't count) land is just small island in lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

Huh, fair enough.

Lacking in capitalization, though. I dunno if you can call that an "official" proper term or signifier, but I'll take the L.

Frankly, it would be way better as a term used internally to convey ambiance/effects to the player because aren't we fucking tired of cosmic stuff anyway?

Give me (leveling) Cataclysm type side stories that are relatively low stakes and grounded Azerothian goofiness to calm shit down for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    The livingworld stuff involving time of day and weather makes me wonder if they mean living world in more of an RP sense. Like they want to make the whole world just feel more alive and this is part of some new systems to do it.
    Yes, this. Keeps it simple.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-01-20 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Don't be silly people. Argus skybox just show stuff we knew before 7.3. Of course in theory Azeroth people should know about every single bigger landmass, someone had to look (not even on Argus, I think ship is orbiting over planet since BfA).

But that can't limit devs, we will have to either suspend our disbelief or just assume every new (unexplored! so Kul Tiras/Zandalar doesn't count) land is just small island in lore.
    I recall that people were speculating about islands on that map all the way back in Legion. I figure that it's important to be critical of a map someone posted at random with some clouds circled. It's not convincing information, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Just fun things to ponder:

• Yogg-Saron created the Emerald Nightmare, essentially beginning the corruption the "life" version of the Shadowlands ages ago.
    • Yogg-Saron's blood is called saronite, and it is the material Icecrown Citadel was built from. It can destroy both the essences and souls of the undead, which is why Sylvanas ended her life by throwing herself off Icecrown and onto the saronite below. This material is also behind the corruption of many World Trees and Great Trees.
    • Yogg-Saron corrupted Loken. This event set in motion a host of events, leading to the creation of Helya as we know her today.
    • Yogg-Saron wants Azeroth to "be reborn in darkness" according to Loken.
    • Yogg-Saron created the Curse of Flesh, turning Titanforged into mortals and resulting in Humans among other things. The Old Gods consider him our creator.
    • Yogg-Saron has arguably both directly and indirectly caused the death or corruption of 4 out of 5 World Trees. Vordrassil was corrupted by his blood saronite, Shaladrassil was corrupted by his Emerald Nightmare, Teldrassil was burned down by Sylvanas, and an unknown World Tree inside the Nightmare was obviously also corrupted as a result of his influence. You might say he had nothing to do with Sylvanas' decision to burn Teldrassil, but I'd argue he is behind everything involving the Jailer and therefore Sylvanas recent actions as well. Since she died once on his blood, I think it's also fair to argue this event influenced her somehow. At the very least, it got her in touch with the Jailer. Nordrassil is the final World Tree, e.g. Mount Hyjal.

All I'm saying is that he is suspiciously connected to a lot of the events throughout Azeroth's timeline, including everything to do with the Shadowlands, the Emerald Dream, and the Dragon Aspects.

I still think the Old Gods are the big bads on Azeroth. They're dead for now but their essence remains.
    Ever read Chronicle? If so, you’ll know there are factors outside of the Old Gods alone that contributed to Yogg’Saron being able to even accomplish all that in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    How successfull a good MMORPG could be is something you can see in the ongoing success of FFXIV.

Why they left? Because they have no fun with the game anymore. Simple, isn't it? And why do they have no fun with the game anymore? Because it is not designed to be fun for them. And who is designing the game? The developers.

I mean, if you used an ounce of logic, you would have discovered it yourself.

Potentially, WoW has two digit million of customers, seen in the initial sales of an expac. But as people get disppointed, they leave very fast, up to 60% in the first month. I mean, you do not really want to tell me they all leave because they love the game, don't you? "But the game is old!" .. yes, FFXIV is old as well, yet its playerbase constantly grows.

The developers only can do one thing really well. That is disappointing millions of customers over and over with their pathetic incompetence. Every single expac Hazzkostas has shown he just is not capable to create a game which adresses his customers for a longer period. Time to go, Ion.
    Okay? Why are you being a dick again?

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Why they left? Because they have no fun with the game anymore. Simple, isn't it? And why do they have no fun with the game anymore? Because it is not designed to be fun for them. And who is designing the game? The developers.
    No, not really. There's plenty of reasons why somebody might not be playing the game anymore that don't have anything to do with the game.

So, yeah, ounce of logic. Your turn.

Also, the comparison to FFXIV is somewhat meaningless, since we don't actually know how well they're doing comparatively since neither company releases meaningfull data on that topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    LivingWorldWeatherEnter
    LivingWorldWeatherLeave
    LivingWorldWeatherLoop
    FlyLivingWorldWeatherEnter
    FlyLivingWorldWeatherLeave
    FlyLivingWorldWeatherLoop

So we now have: Living World Proximity/Time Of Day/Weather.
    I'm kinda more getting a new mechanic vibe from this than new place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Could it be that the livingworl animations are something used in the Jailer fight for Azeroth animations or a ingame cutscene during/after the fight? Honestly if it was just a couple files that slipped it might've been a messup, but this seems more like it is used in 9.2.

Does Jailer have a mythic only phase maybe, or is there an encrypted zone similar to Silithus?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, not really. There's plenty of reasons why somebody might not be playing the game anymore that don't have anything to do with the game.

So, yeah, ounce of logic. Your turn.

Also, the comparison to FFXIV is somewhat meaningless, since we don't actually know how well they're doing comparatively since neither company releases meaningfull data on that topic.
    Agreed, while there is probably a majority that find FFXIV more fun than WoW, some people on this forum have mentioned that they left because their friend group prefers FFXIV.
    I personally wanted to give FFXIV at least a try over the winter break, like I eventually try most MMOs, but unfortunately couldn't since it isn't available to buy for months now.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    This is it then? Affix and mythic mounts are in.
    Which means this is the beginning of the end.

Also, jesus those are some juicy juicy holy changes.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

And the raid mounts are super boring haha .... not sure if I'll do mythic this season. Btw we are still missing the mount for the raid meta achievement.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Also seems like the friendship mount is in. https://www.wowhead.com/news/jailer-...thsteed-325681
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Agreed, while there is probably a majority that find FFXIV more fun than WoW, some people on this forum have mentioned that they left because their friend group prefers FFXIV.
    I personally wanted to give FFXIV at least a try over the winter break, like I eventually try most MMOs, but unfortunately couldn't since it isn't available to buy for months now.
    When FF14 launched brand new expansion and viewers peak was like ~80k, people explained that FF is uber popular, but people don't want to watch it because.. they want to avoid spoilers. I never bought this argument, more popular games just have more views on release, including single players where story is even more important (RDR II, Cyberpunk). And in theory most of these people are WoW refugees that somehow watched WoW on streams. And they were staying in massive queues that should increase viewership as well. And their version of world first race isn't popular as well, spoiler argument shouldn't work there, right? And we still have no sales numbers, only total registered amount (wow, it's growing every year! no shit sherlock).

FF14 may be great game. Can't tell, because this game has shit ton of actual fanboys, in WoW literally everyone has something critical to say towards game. For sure their increase was huge last year, since they can't manage current number of players. But there is nothing to suggest they were ever even close to WoW subs, even last summer.