This is just one minor patch btw. Just one minor little patch and they've already racked up a massive laundry list of changes to some of the most innocuous shit in the game.

There's still 9.2 and 9.2.5 presumably and 10.0. You think it's going to stop with 9.1.5 and stay isolated to that patch alone? Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This is just one minor patch btw. Just one minor little patch and they've already racked up a massive laundry list of changes to some of the most innocuous shit in the game.

There's still 9.2 and 9.2.5 presumably and 10.0. You think it's going to stop with 9.1.5 and stay isolated to that patch alone? Lol.
    They just have to release content and everyone will forget about all of this.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    They just have to release content and everyone will forget about all of this.
    Well, it doesn't seem like they have any CGI Cinematic baits or Content baits available right now (other than the Mage Tower being thrown into the game and then left to rot over the next years). They have to make sure we wait till post-9.1.5 launch before we are even allowed to know the future of the game. Which is an very odd decision, mind you. Especially when you consider the fact that they are leaving the Q3-Q4 period with a lot of its userbase in sheer apathy rather than excitement for the future of the game. But, suffice to say I guess we just have to play by their rules of engagement which is that if a patch has been announced. There'll be no news until after its launch.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-10-03 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Well, it doesn't seem like they have any CGI Cinematic baits or Content baits available right now (other than the Mage Tower being thrown into the game and then left to rot over the next years). They have to make sure we wait till post-9.1.5 launch before we are even allowed to know the future of the game. Which is an very odd decision, mind you. Especially when you consider the fact that they are leaving the Q3-Q4 period with a lot of its userbase in sheer apathy rather than excitement for the future of the game. But, suffice to say I guess we just have to play by their rules of engagement which is that if a patch has been announced. There'll be no news until after its launch.
    Oh, they don't have to do much. Incubus promise already made many players happy. Current drama will be quickly forgotten.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Oh, they don't have to do much. Incubus promise already made many players happy. Current drama will be quickly forgotten.
    Well, I hope that those changes are more plentiful going forward rather than all these changes that negate stuff.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

What's the point of this post? Obviously no one is planning to end WoW in one or two patches. Doesn't mean they are gonna rewrite whole game into carebears. And if they do, anyone can leave when he want. It's just a game and it's stupid to worry and complain about something that could happen. Focus and leave feedback about things that are happening.

Reminds me of all these doomsaying that store will gonna expand every year and sell stuff like allied races, covenant swap.

Or rather replaced with different drama. This community is in constant state of hysteria, which gives Blizzard pass to do almost whatever.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-10-03 at 01:40 PM.

Ofc or will be quickly forgotten, there are not many people left to remember it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Ofc or will be quickly forgotten, there are not many people left to remember it in the first place.
    Yeah, this pretty much is the only redeeming factor. Retail and Shadowlands is in such a pitiful state, there are just not that many players left to actually care about this agenda for a long time. I guess that's why they doing this stuff right now. Add insult to injury, why not - right now, retail has nothing to lose as they already hit rock bottom. The only way is up from this point. And 9.2 won't be up, 10.0 is, if they get it done right. Shadowlands was a failure and they should just move on. Do all the mandatory silly stuff right now and make the pre-patch and 10.0 memorable enough to make people forget about the mess in BfA and the gigantic mess in Shadowlands.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Everyone will be back for Expansion 10.0: Light and Void.

Asmongold and co. and the millions who left the game due to Shadowlands will be back once 10.0 is presented as the most hyped expansion to date. Just as the many millions who left during WoD, came back once they saw that players could obtain the Ashbringer and Demon Hunters were playable, and the Burning Legion invaded in full force.

History will repeat itself, but what is important here is that finally the Ren'dorei will receive the spotlight they rightfully deserve, in the incoming Void expansion.

I am so tired of this expansion, as a Ren'dorei player I feel completely disconnected from everything related to Shadowlands. I was hoping they would explore the Light and Void aspects of the Shadowlands more (like the Void's invasion of Bastion, or the Light's invasion of Revendreth); but clearly that's no longer possible.

People who think Shadowlands is filler are right. The common player doesn't feel anything towards generic deities made up on the spot, while they did feel a lot towards Illidan, Khadgar, the Legion (classic WC3 villains), etc. Honestly, for as much as I hate her, Sylvanas is lowkey carrying this expansion on her back. This is not to say she is a good character, just that she generates more internet traffic for Shadowlands than the generic made-up deities and bald Janitor ever could. Looking back, Blizzard were wise to use Sylvanas to market Shadowlands. She's really the only marketable villain in this expansion, every other villain is either made-up and thus/or not popular (aside from Kel'thuzad, but his appearance was supposed to be a plot twist, as the one behind the chaos in Maldraxxus).

My advice to Blizzard would be: Shadowlands is irredeemable, get over with it as quick as possible and make 10.0 as good as it can realistically be. It's time for Legion 2.0.

And please, I beg to God, don't make Shadowlands last until 2023; I'm not ready for that kind of boredom
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-03 at 03:42 PM.

Every time I play the Uther Soul questline in 9.1 I get consistently hyped for whatever will happen with him and Arthas in the future. It is the one questline I feel like the writers are doing perfectly so far, from the refusal to make Arthas either a tragic antihero or complete evil. The mental anguish of Uther being unable to truly reconcile his teachings of compassion towards the one that murdered him is such a beatifuly written plotline I find.

I guess what I should say is that I hope Blizzard doesnt drop the ball on Arthas and make the same mistake they did with Illidan where they suddenly decided he did nothing wrong and that everyone suddenly liked him. Hopefully we can get both Arthas the tragic character, as well as Arthas the prince that doomed his country for pride.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Every time I play the Uther Soul questline in 9.1 I get consistently hyped for whatever will happen with him and Arthas in the future. It is the one questline I feel like the writers are doing perfectly so far, from the refusal to make Arthas either a tragic antihero or complete evil. The mental anguish of Uther being unable to truly reconcile his teachings of compassion towards the one that murdered him is such a beatifuly written plotline I find.

I guess what I should say is that I hope Blizzard doesnt drop the ball on Arthas and make the same mistake they did with Illidan where they suddenly decided he did nothing wrong and that everyone suddenly liked him. Hopefully we can get both Arthas the tragic character, as well as Arthas the prince that doomed his country for pride.
    I agree with Uther SL story. I assume Arthas will be brought back for some kind of knowledge against the Jailer. Previously I thought he will be used against Sylvi, but that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Lol, it was always problematic that Illidan would keep a harem of sex slaves. Now that the sex slaves are gender inclusive, all is well.
    Not really, considering he isn’t the only person at BT…

10+ Year Old Account
    most people will remember the lawsuit stuff. The whole trying to clean up WoW a little bit? That won't be remembered too much, fairly confident anyways. That thread talking about China cleansing wow of any "evil" or whatever the person assumes is going to happen. Well it won't there's already a separate client for China and well the absurdity of the claim.

I agree with Uther SL story. I assume Arthas will be brought back for some kind of knowledge against the Jailer. Previously I thought he will be used against Sylvi, but that ship has sailed.
    If one theory still holds then we won't see him until Kingsmourne is broken.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Do all the mandatory silly stuff right now and make the pre-patch and 10.0 memorable enough to make people forget about the mess in BfA and the gigantic mess in Shadowlands.
    I don’t know what you’re smoking if you think people hate SL nearly as much as BFA, where every single update and change brought people actually being triggered about everything from horse mounts to genocide.

People are just bored with SL (and WoW in general) because it’s a small expansion, it’s boring to them and it’s still based on BFA characters that people don’t like. The isn’t the nuclear crybaby outrage of BFA, people just aren’t convinced out of their BFAhate. And they won’t be until WoW soft reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I don’t know what you’re smoking if you think people hate SL nearly as much as BFA
    SL is far worse than BfA.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know what you’re smoking if you think people hate SL nearly as much as BFA, where every single update and change brought people actually being triggered about everything from horse mounts to genocide.

People are just bored with SL (and WoW in general) because it’s a small expansion, it’s boring to them and it’s still based on BFA characters that people don’t like. The isn’t the nuclear crybaby outrage of BFA, people just aren’t convinced out of their BFAhate. And they won’t be until WoW soft reboots.
    I wouldn't call SL a small expansion. Theres just longer waiting period due to world events. Which sucks but I dunno what people expect.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The incubi addition is literally the same decision which made them add male NPCs to BT and Kara.
    They are trying to equalize the already present objectification in the game, rendering it negligible.
    I look forward to seeing the Incubi model. To be fair, this should have been done in Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    WoW Community when Blizzard harasses female developers: I sleep

WoW Community when they add male NPCs to a room: real shit?
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Not really, considering he isn’t the only person at BT…
    Exactly, thank you! Reading so many comments looking like they came out from the 1950s... People are reacting like Illidan was the sole inhabitant of the temple. What about all other demon hunters, regardless of their gender? Blizzard couldn't remove the harem, so they made it less sexist by including males. Is that really a bad thing?

And for those withing the community howling this is rainbow-washing, none of this makes Illidan remotely bisexual, and even if it did, there would not even be anything lore-incoherent with that. Some people in this thread seem to be very linear as to how they think sexuality works. Just because you have been in love with the same chick for millenias (hi Tyrande) does not make you automatically straight. Does Illidan loving Tyrande for all this time points at him being straight? Yes, it does. Does it mean it is an absolute truth and he was only into women his whole millenia-long life? Absolutely not. Sexuality is not defined through an administrative form where you tick boxes once and have to stick with it your whole life. Some people will love the same type of people their whole life, others won't, and that's just fine.

In the case of the Black Temple's harem, Blizzard is not forcing anything unto anyone here, they're just adding sexualised male NPCs next to the female ones in a very sexualised raid area, rather than editing it out. This doesn't change anything lorewise, and for those who are outraged by it: you all need to chill down just a little bit, and wonder if this is really worth your anger/frustration.

Doing this is, in my humble gay-*ss opinion, much better than turning women into bowls of fruits. That being said, I think removing all things remotely sexual in the game is not the right approach (jokes and flirts included), it's like pretending sex should not be talked about at all. Removing any reference to the swines that recently left Blizzard AND any reference to sexual harrassment/oppression AND any previous work reminiscent of those practices? Hell yeah. Sanitising the whole game? We may not have the whole story though, and behind some of the things removed, there might be ties to the people accused of sexual harrassment and the likes of it.

Can we now please, for the love of Azeroth, go back to speculating about the next expansion rather than turning this thread into something else?

Please not Light vs Void, please not Light vs Void, please not Light vs Void...

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Pretty much.
    Because people were so silent about the harassment.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Is there ANY data that show BfA/SL performing worse than Legion? Cause every expac has different problems, every time same usual suspects told us THIS TIME THIS IS END FOR SURE... and then next expac sold the same as before (roughly).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I wouldn't call SL a small expansion. Theres just longer waiting period due to world events. Which sucks but I dunno what people expect.
    It is smaller by ~20% compared to BfA, although BfA was huge.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-10-03 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I look forward to seeing the Incubi model. To be fair, this should have been done in Legion!
    Thinking about it I have to wonder if Blizzard didnt have Incubi in Legion simply because they already had Male Belf DHs to fill the "sexy demon man" niche. Afterall, realistically what could a male Incubi look like that wouldnt just be a shirtless pasty guy with horns?
    The world revamp dream will never die!