Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    No one's saying the crown isn't real, it's the fact that people are saying it's made out of the Helm of Domination.

There's no indication anywhere lmao
    https://twitter.com/Stiven_SRB/statu...24350020235268

Stiven seems to be reliable, it's not 100% but it looks likely.

Btw. Sylvanas is not in that crowd scene, Stiven just puts her there.
    The Arbiter (Pelagos) and Sylvanas appear in the scene after that.

So Stiven manipulated the files some some degree?

The whole “there must always be a Lich King” thing was stupid as all hell so I’ve no issue with them tossing away the helm of domination to make the arbiter crown.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    The whole “there must always be a Lich King” thing was stupid as all hell so I’ve no issue with them tossing away the helm of domination to make the arbiter crown.
    Or maybe Sylvanas ends up as Lichqueen on Azeroth. I .... actually would love that. She could be our main character to represent Death in the cosmic conflict <3.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Or maybe Sylvanas ends up as Lichqueen on Azeroth. I .... actually would love that. She could be our main character to represent Death in the cosmic conflict <3.
    Love it for the troll value, I assume.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Ugh. God I hate the overinflated stakes.

I think the idea itself was flawed but not bad. The ebon blade and argent crusade should have just kept killing undeads, that way it would have made alot of sense that someone needs to spend a few years to keep the undead in check. The "always" part would have made more sense for enemies like demons that actually respawn, but undead are killable for the most part. At the end of the day it was just another rule of cool thing.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Ugh. God I hate the overinflated stakes.
    How is it overinflated?

The transition was smooth enough and made sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it overinflated?

He says it is. Which is odd, considering the last super inflated stakes was N'zoth rising up(Which is like facing a horror esque monster which won't be the last time we fight a horror) and the Legion was a massive evil that we fought off. Warcraft is full of massive stakes or "inflated stakes" Its been doing that since WCI
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yeah, the undead are mostly unkillable, but cultists are a lot harder to kill when hey spread their ideology onward, leading to more resurrections of the Scourge and ETC.

I do think having a lich king still around would give us a powerful ally against any possible cosmic incursions like the light or void.

And further more about the script related to the "reforging the helm" ICG, I´ve seen two screens of it leaked, one with just the name and code of the cinematic, and another with all of the intricate details. I believe someone just added those details into another screenie with the shards being reforged into the arbiter´s helm to mess around a bit, maybe in reality we get both of the OG helm and the new helm at the same time.

How is it overinflated?

I don’t care about the transition. Going cosmic and fate of reality itself is ridiculously high stakes that I’m tired of.

Protect Azeroth, sure. I just want to go back to smaller scale.

Personally, I’ve always been suspicious of the souls popping out of Frostmourne (in conveniently trustworthy guises {which were souls that had been scarred by said blade}) and demanding we keep a Lich King around.

Would it be so crazy to imagine that the Jailer, who always wanted to have a subservient Lich King on Azeroth, might have been behind the frankly nonsensical notion? He clearly didn’t expect the first 2 to be such an impediment to his plans. Why not try a third time?

I’m in no way saying that was Blizzard’s intentional purpose behind the “always must be a Lich King” - but I wouldn’t be shocked to learn they always intended it to be disingenuous on some level. And years later they then grabbed that thread and ran with it into the Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2021-11-26 at 05:40 PM.

Protect Azeroth, sure
    Be careful what you wish for...

CHAMPION? AZEROTH'S WOONS ARE BLEEEEEEEDING.

Quote Originally Posted by fahrad wagner View Post
    be careful what you wish for...

champion? Azeroth's woons are bleeeeeeeding.
    “Champiun! Holy fuk!”

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Same here. In fact, I fully believe that's where they're going. I wanted to be wrong, I really fucking did. I wanted so badly to like SLs despite the cinematic and the objectively bad storytelling. I really gave it my best attempt to find anything redeemable about SLs like I did with BFA, which did a lot of damage by itself. The story had the potential of being great, if written with respect and regard to the foundational lore. I'm not complaining just for the sake of it because I've played WoW for over a decade and had great memories. But the current writing has decimated what I once loved. I have no more goodwill left to tap into.

We go from Legion hyping the Lich King, making him feel powerful and threatening, a force to be reckoned with, a necessary evil to "WCIII TFT and Wrath of the Lich King? LOL Jailer some lame generic blue dipshit you've never heard of before did it! Also, remember when we explicitly stated there must always be a Lich King because the Scourge would go apeshit on Azeroth and obliterate all life? Just kidding! The Scourge are nothing. Eat our dicks."

Using the helm of domination to make a new arbiter helm is pretty stupid considered that it definitely has the power to dominate still. Then we have the Forsaken problem left unattended to.
    Considering we literally know nothing on if the scourge being a thing runs on Zovaal surviving regardless, you have like no real reason to act this way, especially in regards to the lore of the Scourge, which has been shown to change multiple times according to Blizzard’s will, even in the old lore.

- - - Updated - - -

“There must ALWAYS be a LK” was never an established fact till the end of Wrath, I don’t think.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t care about the transition. Going cosmic and fate of reality itself is ridiculously high stakes that I’m tired of.

Protect Azeroth, sure. I just want to go back to smaller scale.
    Can you like calm tf down? 10.0 is said to bring us back to a smaller scale, so that future plot points could also rise up. We’ve been slowly building up in power, and we’re not even 25% through the Cosmic shit yet. What happens when we go to the other Zereths? What happens when we battle the Void Lords, or delve further into the Realms of Disorder, or even delve into the Realms of Order and battle a Judge/Jury Titan Council Boss within the Court of Order for a Cosmic Sargeras trial? What happens if any of those happen? And what happens if the story RIGHTFULLY builds that up and you still get pissed off?

Stories have to naturally progress like this. I mean, ffs, how many events did you people go through during the 17 of fighting, canonically? Despite the faction separations a lot of the time in lore, you yourself are still canon. I’d say us battling Zovaal with the powers of Azeroth’s Titan, Domination, Titan shit, our past Tier Bonuses/Legendary Bonuses from past expansions, ON TOP of the First One Creation Magics/Knowledge is rightfully deserved. More so than what most WoW Characters got during their times in the spotlight.

Also, isn’t Zovaal directly attacking AZEROTH in the final battle? It usually is always about Azeroth regardless, despite the plots being rather “Cosmic”.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Considering we literally know nothing on if the scourge being a thing runs on Zovaal surviving regardless, you have like no real reason to act this way, especially in regards to the lore of the Scourge, which has been shown to change multiple times according to Blizzard’s will, even in the old lore.

- - - Updated - - -

“There must ALWAYS be a LK” was never an established fact till the end of Wrath, I don’t think.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you like calm tf down? 10.0 is said to bring us back to a smaller scale, so that future plot points could also rise up. We’ve been slowly building up in power, and we’re not even 25% through the Cosmic shit yet. What happens when we go to the other Zereths? What happens when we battle the Void Lords, or delve further into the Realms of Disorder, or even delve into the Realms of Order and battle a Judge/Jury Titan Council Boss within the Court of Order for a Cosmic Sargeras trial? What happens if any of those happen? And what happens if the story RIGHTFULLY builds that up and you still get pissed off?

Stories have to naturally progress like this. I mean, ffs, how many events did you people go through during the 17 of fighting, canonically? Despite the faction separations a lot of the time in lore, you yourself are still canon. I’d say us battling Zovaal with the powers of Azeroth’s Titan, Domination, Titan shit, our past Tier Bonuses/Legendary Bonuses from past expansions, ON TOP of the First One Creation Magics/Knowledge is rightfully deserved. More so than what most WoW Characters got during their times in the spotlight.

Also, isn’t Zovaal directly attacking AZEROTH in the final battle? It usually is always about Azeroth regardless, despite the plots being rather “Cosmic”.
    I am calm? Where did my post indicate I wasn’t ? Honestly, if anyone needs to calm down it’s you, buddy. I’m just having a discussion.

I bet the Arbiter Helm will be utilized to send the souls of the Scourge to Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    I bet the Arbiter Helm will be utilized to send the souls of the Scourge to Shadowlands.
    And possibly maimed souls of the Forsaken back to them? If they retroactively explain the Forsaken's cursed state of mind that way. Their lack of joy or any positive emotions, etc. Like Sylvanas and Uther.

I know not every forsaken was killed by frostmourne. But they all have a connection to the powers of the maw. Either subservient to the lich king or raised by (forsworn) valkyrs

PS: I think this is something that could justify Calia's seemingly irrelevant presence in Shadowlands, if she were to participate in this development somehow. Sylvanas probably would be involved as well.
    Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    I'm not even sure they resolve that problem properly. Why would they apply this specifically to Forsaken? It's a bit weird.