Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I recall when we first got the big info-dump on Shadowlands some people said that an expansion didn't need a big draw or shiny feature and that as long as the systems and class gameplay were good the expansion would be good.
    Yeah, I ended up enjoying the beginning of Shadowlands more than I thought I would, but none of the selling points interested me at all. As I pointed out even back then, the most exciting thing to me was the new customization system, which was never even listed in the official expansion features for some reason (they listed other things that were added for all players like the overhauled leveling, not just expansion-only features). I mean, customization doesn't carry the actual expansion itself, but I went from having one or two pseudo-alts to six or seven full alts between new options that made me way more excited for them and the streamlined leveling that allowed me to skip the things I dreaded.

It actually feels a little surreal when I think about the fact that Shadowlands is when that was added. It feels like a million years ago, although that's probably in part because they have barely touched any customization since.

I'd love to expect tons more options and the rest of the heritage armor and such in the next expansion, but without knowing why Shadowlands basically dropped those things I don't feel optimistic.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-21 at 11:40 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I am a bit disappointed we haven't seen a decent fake screenshot or logos at this point.
    I'd do it but it's too much work.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    If nothing else the aesthetic was much better. Torg is dull to play and to look at.
    Yeah, that was a major goal in our Torghast sequel brainstorming. If it was a hub that could be used for any theme, like an Adventurer's Guild you queue from, you could do things like a tileset on a train like Grimrail Depot, a forest tileset with dense growth limited your path, a psychadelic tileset on floating islands in the Twisting Nether, etc. The sky's the limit if it isn't shackled to the expansion it was introduced in, which is a mistake that keeps being made with interesting new features.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh gosh this thread has moved a lot, reminds me of old hype threads when I would wake up after a couple hours of sleep and have 20+ pages to go through xD
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Surprised this one wasn't posted yet. They say it's from some discord group.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post

It's a nice fake / fanmade thing, really well done. Am curious if we'd see a TM though, Shadowlands didn't.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always tell people who never played WoW who try to make leaks because they create nonsense like "Dragons turn evil and try to take over Azeroth."

7+ Year Old Account

While some stuff looks off, interesting thing is this is a unique border from what I can tell (both upper part, and the expac name part)
    https://1000logos.net/wp-content/upl...go-history.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    It's a nice fake / fanmade thing, really well done. Am curious if we'd see a TM though, Shadowlands didn't.

It depends if Shadowlands is something they can or cant get a TM on. Legion and Cata they couldn't. Think this is a good indicator of what has a TM if you look at the lower part of the logo which expac name has a TM

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You can always tell people who never played WoW who try to make leaks because they create nonsense like "Dragons turn evil and try to take over Azeroth."
    Would never happen like that.... deathwing enters the chat

Tbh WoW is full of tropes

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    While some stuff looks off, interesting thing is this is a unique border from what I can tell (both upper part, and the expac name part)
    The giveaway to it being fake is it's the BFA lettering recolored, and the T in Warcraft shadow behind it got painted over either because of a mistake with selection or just accidentally went over the edge. Little mistakes like that.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It depends if Shadowlands is something they can or cant get a TM on. Legion and Cata they couldn't. Think this is a good indicator of what has a TM if you look at the lower part of the logo which expac name has a TM

- - - Updated - - -

Would never happen like that.... deathwing enters the chat

Tbh WoW is full of tropes
    I mean I doubt Deathwing is coming back at this point.

Galakrond maybe, but I think that gets to why some of these "sudden about-face from Dragonkind" leaks get under my skin. It's just so random. Like yeah sure we didn't see BFA coming, or Shadowlands, but they all shared a common thread of picking up from something major the last expansion left unresolved. Heck Legion and WoD all did that too for their prior expansion.

Seems to me like if we want to draw a story connection we should be looking at stuff Shadowlands left unresolved. Which is frankly a lot of cosmic bullshit with the Light and Life, and the fact the Jailer is last seen trying to roflstomp the World Soul.

I mean at this point 10.0 is gonna be either

* Dragons
    * Void Lords
    * Or something unexpected ...

And Void Lords looks too similar what we seen recently, especially Nzoth in Bfa...

Dragons looks pretty likely at this point.
    But the pic is not real anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean I doubt Deathwing is coming back at this point.

Galakrond maybe, but I think that gets to why some of these "sudden about-face from Dragonkind" leaks get under my skin. It's just so random. Like yeah sure we didn't see BFA coming, or Shadowlands, but they all shared a common thread of picking up from something major the last expansion left unresolved. Heck Legion and WoD all did that too for their prior expansion.

Seems to me like if we want to draw a story connection we should be looking at stuff Shadowlands left unresolved. Which is frankly a lot of cosmic bullshit with the Light and Life, and the fact the Jailer is last seen trying to roflstomp the World Soul.
    Thing is so far SL has had a self contained story where it really so far hasn't affected much outside of the SL realms. The only strings we could draw are Anduin suffering from Post Domination Syndrome, Sylvanas/Tyrande story if it doesn't get resolved and whatever the Jailer does to Azeroth.
    Also the plotlines from MoP, Legion, BfA didn't really tell us where we were going next expansion. You can't tell me anyone could actually guess from Sylvanas' actions that we were gonna head into the realms of death.
    And dragons have been a loose plot point in both Legion (Deaths of Chromie in the future, Titan Pillars which can empower the Aspects, losing the Green Aspect, uncorrupted Highmountain black dragon) and BfA (Wrathion searching for Black Dragons, Dragon Isle quest from IE, Uncorrupted black dragons in IE, tamed void dragons). And even in this expansion we had further Dragon development on Azeroth with the necromantic ogres resurrecting dragons in Exile's Reach.
    As one of the plots left is how Anduin is dealing post domination it makes sense for his boyfriend to make an appearance and show him real domination

Tbh if they do another Dragon expansion I want them to bring back Onyxia's lair just for the lols (could see it being part of the prepatch).

colors are very pretty on it I gotta say. A dragons + void expansion is bound to look pretty at the very least i feel like.

If it's fake, it's really well done, except for the coloring/font that seems a bit off. (what are the multicolor small dots behind "WARCRAFT"? Stars?)

Everything is unique, the globe, the borders, the subtitle!

And about that title, "Empire of Dragons". It could hype me, as I looooove dragons. But it just seems random, i don't think the dragons were ever identified as an Empire, unless the dragons isles will be about entirely different dragons; ones that the 5 dragon flies we know always protected us from, and kept them secret. Idk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
    If it's fake, it's really well done, except for the coloring/font that seems a bit off. (what are the multicolor small dots behind "WARCRAFT"? Stars?)

Everything is unique, the globe, the borders, the subtitle!

And about that title, "Empire of Dragons". It could hype me, as I looooove dragons. But it just seems random, i don't think the dragons were ever identified as an Empire, unless the dragons isles will be about entirely different dragons; ones that the 5 dragon flies we know always protected us from, and kept them secret. Idk.
    In my mind that is what makes it cool. Either on DI this empire exists, or it is about to be formed. As so far we have only seen smaller communities of Dragons.

Name seems kind of weird. But then again so did Battle for Azeroth when it came out.

The globe aesthetic is also interesting. Looks cracked or split in two. I know they aren't meant to be literal but could have some interesting implications if the image is real. Maybe the veil above Northrend fully shatters after the fight with Zovaal. Void Deathwing decides to come for a visit.

Name seems kind of weird. But then again so did Battle for Azeroth when it came out.

The globe aesthetic is also interesting. Looks cracked or split in two. I know they aren't meant to be literal but could have some interesting implications if the image is real. Maybe the veil above Northrend fully shatters after the fight with Zovaal. Void Deathwing decides to come for a visit.
    Empire is nice word but it does sound very weird "Empire of Dragons".

The Dragon Isles sounds much more likely tbh if its dragons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadrak View Post
    Empire is nice word but it does sound very weird "Dragon Empire".

The Dragon Isles sounds much more likely tbh if its dragons.
    Thing is the empire itself doesn't seem to be called Dragon Empire, that is why the proposed name from that logo is Empire of Dragons. As its an Empire consisting of Dragons. And something like that makes a cooler sounding name for an expansion than "Dragon Isles". Doesn't mean the continent name is Empire of Dragons or Dragon Empire, just expac name. And if the story doesn't only take place on DI, since dragons aren't only locked to that part of Azeroth, makes more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

There really isn't a naming scheme when it comes to expansions, still sounds better than BFA did imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Also looking at that logo, the only thing so far I can see that is reused is the font of the letters. So if it fake someone went through a lot of trouble to create a unique border and everything to just keep the easiest part (font modifications) as an obvious issue.

1+ Year Old Account
    Did you just find the logo somewhere, or did you find details about the actual expansion leak, too?

Thing is the empire itself doesn't seem to be called Dragon Empire, that is why the proposed name from that logo is Empire of Dragons. As its an Empire consisting of Dragons. And something like that makes a cooler sounding name for an expansion than "Dragon Isles". Doesn't mean the continent name is Empire of Dragons or Dragon Empire, just expac name. And if the story doesn't only take place on DI, since dragons aren't only locked to that part of Azeroth, makes more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

There really isn't a naming scheme when it comes to expansions, still sounds better than BFA did imo.
    Yeah but Empire is supposed to be big, and control many nearby areas which it conquered.

But then again "Shadowlands", I like the expansion but it doesn't sound very good either. I didn't believe it when I saw it first time, Shadow - Lands sounds kind of basic.

But I would really like Dragon Isles/Empire expansion about dragons.