7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Do we have reason to believe that's legitimate?
    No, it's just the only latest leak that got any traction.

Formerly known as Arafal

That seemed to be connected to Exile's Reach, was it not? The speculation being that you would choose your class during gameplay?
    I honestly have no clue. But that sounds plausible.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That seemed to be connected to Exile's Reach, was it not? The speculation being that you would choose your class during gameplay?

- - - Updated - - -

That was my impression. Just thought I'd ask since it was presented when someone asked if there was anything new. Thanks!
    Well it's new. There's a >0% chance it's real. But yeah nothing is for sure real except for the Dragonflight name thanks to Blizz self-leaking that one.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Found something cool on twitter. Someone zoomed in on the Brill map on 9.2.5...

t witter.com/keyboardturn/status/1511076990316548102/photo/1

The middle structure is the old inn model, but the right structure seems to have HD textures for the wood paneling and ceiling that's being built.

Revamp for Forsaken stuff incoming?

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    As long as we get a new class and maybe a new race that is not some dogshit ass cringe garbage furry / scaley shit, we good
    Now I desperately hope for playable dragonkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    Found something cool on twitter. Someone zoomed in on the Brill map on 9.2.5...

t witter.com/keyboardturn/status/1511076990316548102/photo/1

The middle structure is the old inn model, but the right structure seems to have HD textures for the wood paneling and ceiling that's being built.

Revamp for Forsaken stuff incoming?
    Very interesting find! If there's indeed a Lordaeron revamp in Dragonflight, that'd reasonably come with HD Forsaken buildings.

Lordaeron HD - Alliance Hub
    Quel'Thalas HD - Horde Hub

would be cool

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post

would be cool
    Hoping the rumors of Dalaran returning only to get sacked is true, and Quel'thalas/Lordaeron are our gateways into the Isles with new hub cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post

would be cool
    They would have to be neutral, wouldn't they? That would be pretty rough for the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw I got no response to this concept I posted from earlier.
    What if we got a class that is also a race? Wrathion helps a batch of Chromatic whelps hatch, a leftover experiment by Nefarian. You can play a whelp, shift between multiple forms (your chosen humanoid form, an HD whelp or small drake form and a hybrid combat form like the one Hearthstone Mercenaries created for Wrathion). You can also tap into your Chromatic heritage to shift between colors and tap into different powers. Your race is also your class, you have a combination of powers tied to the dragonflights with physical dragon powers though most powers depend on your active color (think stance dancing). SO you could have some powers that are very specific to your active flight while others are always active and some just are modified (so you can only use time abilities when Bronze, wing buffet with every spec, while breath is available to all but has a different damage type and secondary effect).
    Multiple specs (could have as many as four tbh to cover all roles).
    That's how I've always envisioned Dragons being made playable, certainly, though I'd always maintained it would have to just be Black Dragons.

It's weird the amount of twisting people are doing with the Dragonflight leak. Like, turning the classes into specs per armor type and whatnot. For me, I'd find it best to temper expectations, or you're going to be massively upset and start roleplaying how Gnolls are the savior of Azeroth or something.

If we're going off the Dragonflight leak, then it could mean two things: 1.) the leak is real and we need to take everything, the skins and one spec classes included, at face value until we are shown something that proves otherwise. or 2.) the leak got lucky with some things but is ultimately fake.

If 2 is the case, then it's great to use as a "wishlist" sort of thing. I'm personally leaning towards 1 at the moment due to the lore pieces lining up with the upcoming patch. That means, I would need to accept that necromancers end up resigned to a skin instead of a class onto itself. Hopefully, the next PTR drop will give us more insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well yeah. It should have been as advertised
    This is the biggest issue with WoW. Features should keep being iterated upon until they work. Then they should be kept and maintained. Instead often they are just retired either without ever really making an effort to make them work or even worse, they are actually made functional or even good and then retired anyway.
    The problem here is that it's sometimes difficult to figure out when a feature is changed, given a rethink, or mostly removed with only pieces left behind.

Is Torghast a continuation of Islands for instance? It's similarly based around RNG, with mostly randomized enemies and RNG abilities.
    Or further still, is the Withered Training scenario something that became warfronts given it's focus on large amounts of minions?

M+ is a continuation of challenge mode dungeons for sure, but the way they function, as well as what rewards they give is very different. Is it then correct to say that Blizzard iterated on challenge mode dungeons until they became "perfect" with M+, or that they took the ideas that worked with challenge mode, ditched the ones that didnt, and then made something else with them?

And of course, sometimes a feature just flat out doesnt work. Azerite being a good example of something that was supposed to be an iteration on Tier sets with fewer downsides, but ended up being a creative dead-end when the systems surrounding it became obnoxious, which meant we eventually ended up back at Tier sets classic in the current patch.

I would say the important thing is that Blizzard doesnt make the same mistake twice. Or if they did that they at least made a valiant effort to solve the problem by going at it from a different angle. Azerite again being a good example. They tried to make it work with Artifacts and it failed. Then they tried again with Azerite and it still failed. So in SL they instead pretty much ditched the idea and instead tried to just make external talent trees work.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    It's weird the amount of twisting people are doing with the Dragonflight leak. Like, turning the classes into specs per armor type and whatnot. For me, I'd find it best to temper expectations, or you're going to be massively upset and start roleplaying how Gnolls are the savior of Azeroth or something.
    I think that one poster who tried to tie it to classes had their mind in the right place but was misguided. There really are not that many problems with one spec classes, besides the fact that some people will be sad it doesn't have more specs. In which case I wonder if there is data on how many people multi-spec or not (and if Legion is any indication I bet it's not the majority of players)

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Senior UI Designer on World of Warcraft @ Blizzard — I designed WoW's character creation, auction house, Transmog system, and premade group finder
    Interesting credentials...

Maybe some UI overhaul?
    Achievements definitely need it

Could be any number of things but the Character Creation part is eyebrow raising, to be sure.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's related to the prior jobs he did, probably a major transmog redesign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Could be any number of things but the Character Creation part is eyebrow raising, to be sure.
    I doubt they'd redo creation after htey just redid creation.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Housing confirmed!!!!!!!!!! /s

I'd really like housing though so pls mr Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Was thinking more adding onto it.

Maybe with a new race that makes extensive use of customization.

A UI revamp ties into the idea of 10.0 being a soft reboot IMO. Not like it needed to be tied to one but the Dragon theming for a Cata feel + other things kind of point to a "refresh" in many aspects.

Stuff like the Shadowlands character creation screen, Exiles Reach and cross-faction just came out a little earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They will have to update the Cata-era backgrounds eventually.