Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Dragon riding is different then flying around in combat. They haven't elaborated on how much, if any, combat will be done with the Dragon Riding system. Everything they have referenced about mounts could simply be PR talk for flying down, dismounting, and "ambushing" a target.
    You're fine, it's my bad. I gave the discussion you two had a second read-over and realized that the guy was referencing in combat, so yes. Overselling very hard. Though it still is pretty neat that they can do the Skyscale-esque stuff out of combat in the open world. Imagine being a DH and hearing that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's not a window, that's half a year.
    Semantics. There is nothing that says a release window has to be a short length of time. Saying "Second half of the year" is a release window albeit not very specific. As for specific time they are targeting I think it will clearly be November. Not because of past launches though. It is because Scaleface stated November release and all the rest of their "leaks" came true.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    You can find so much better art online, of how a humanoid dragon should look like

So you want scaley wingless worgen? I mean as an alternate race sure, but I don't think they should replace Drakthyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    "Drakthyr" are some everquest level hype assassination
    Actually the thread is still moving really fast considering the reveal is over. Normally a day later its quite than 20 pages a day like we are seeing now.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    You can see the difference between the two body types in the image below. Slender on the left, Bulky on the right. Credit to Portergauge on Twitter for pointing this out.

Now that they have confirmed that the Dragon forms are glorified Druid forms with customization options, there is absolutely no restriction on them adding an even bulkier form as an option (They already have the rigs for Draenei males), so it should be easy for them to implement. I suspect there will be more of an outcry for it and they will add it in before launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Or, you know, the fact there's an entire subforum for 10.0 now instead of just this thread. This happens pretty much every time until the alpha/beta starts up and builds start rolling in.

By that logic, those arguing against the reuse of assets/rigs are effectively arguing for less content, so yeah, by all means reuse rigs/assets. I'm sure the next world revamp will reuse a ton of assets from the Dragon Isles in e.g. Northrend as some zones are pretty much the same themes. Garrison assets are still getting reused today. I don't see how any of that is a big deal.
    Also in TBC to Cata they were reusing vanilla building models for things. Its okay to reuse models if it looks good and fits the theme.

Theres no reason to make a new goat model if the current one still looks good. Its a waste of time and change for only change sake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I love what these people are doing to our game.
    Its our game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Actually the thread is still moving really fast considering the reveal is over. Normally a day later its quite than 20 pages a day like we are seeing now.
    People don't log onto MMO-Champion when they're happy

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah if they already planned different body types its not gonna be difficult to get the versions how the players want them
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Also to add that the incubus is one forms for one of the pets, youll be seeing dracthyr more ofthen than them
    Yeah, I think some people just want to complain. Not necessarily ecarp. He has other legitimate complaints, and I love his model edit.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to read the room. 90% of the people in here are pretty positive, and its funny you say people don't log on when they are happy...

You literally just agreed that the threat died. So did it die because people are happy and not logging in to complain, OR

Did it not die because people are mad. Which is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    "They gave up their draconic powers to pursue other avenues now that they are part of the mortal world"

There, a reason to just have the visage with other classes in a future patch (I hope for this too at some point since I was gonna roll my warrior or mage into one when we got the screenshots on monday)
    I still like my failed experiment solution. They only look like humans and elves because that's the form Neltharion crated first. He wanted them to be flexible like mortals. Some didn't have the capacity to transform into dragons, so they learned other natures and arts instead.

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe a chunk of them but there's plenty of people happy
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/more-dr...26793#comments
    Greg Burke: So regardless of how the new race looks, will we be able to play our mage-like abilities in and out of human and Draco form, or are we going to be permanently stuck in Draco form when we’re in combat?

Tina Wang: You are all going to be in Dracthyr form when you are in combat. Yes. But let me talk about the Dracthyr and their customizations. There is more customization than what you saw in the video. there’s actually so many ways that you can customize that Dracthyr. Even the shape of the face. You can have, like these snouts that can look more ancient, or more sleek, or like a more blunt.

You can even slightly change your torso to be like slightly more slender or slightly bulkier; and the armor that you wear is a type of armor that you will be able to customize at the Barbershop, too. So Dracthyr, I think they’ll also be able to wear shoulders, tabards, belts across their visage and Dracthyr form. While the visage form is able to wear all-armor. - Tina Wang via BlizzPlanet

wonder what other changes there are they haven't showed, but im in favor adding even more stuff to just help make your Dracthyr look even more different then somone elses
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like we've looked at entirely different things, as usual.

Maybe this forum is a portal between alternate realities, one in which Dragonflight had absolutely nothing new, and my universe.
    Id much rather have the core systems everyone loved made better and with more depth than another tacked on system no one likes. Now mind you I do think there should be 1 new big system or feature, but if I had to choose between Dragonflight as it is, or Dragonflight without all the systems revamps but with torghast 2.0 I will pick the Dragonflight we are getting every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blo...-and-tina-wang

Some fantastic Dracthyr stuff here:

- dragon form customization DOES involve torso width being slender or bulkier, as well as different shapes of the face
    - you will be able to see tabards, belts AND shoulders in dragon form (with some armor we've seen also being customized in barbershop)

They also make it clear that you are stuck in dragon form for combat, and they double down on dracthyrs being evokers and evokers being dracthyr, so opening it up to other classes is absolutely not in the cards
    From that interview;

Tina: You are all going to be in Dracthyr form when you are in combat. Yes. But let me talk about the Dracthyr and their customizations. There is more customization than what you saw in the video. there’s actually so many ways that you can customize that Dracthyr. Even the shape of the face. You can have, like these snouts that can look more ancient, or more sleek, or like a more blunt.

You can even slightly change your torso to be like slightly more slender or slightly bulkier; and the armor that you wear is a type of armor that you will be able to customize at the Barbershop, too. So Dracthyr, I think they’ll also be able to wear shoulders, tabards, belts across their visage and Dracthyr form. While the visage form is able to wear all-armor.
    See? I told you guys not to worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Still haven't recovered from the side-splitting laughter. Blizzard is really hitting on all the thinly veiled fetishes at this point, huh? May as well make the game Second Life 2.0 if nothing else works.
    You sound like a sad person. Maybe you should take a break. It doesn't hurt you if everyone gets representation in the game. Furies and scalies dotn effect you. Stay in your lane.

Note I'm not a furry or scaly but this line of thinking by people like you is toxic IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

• New Zones
    • New Raid
    • New Dungeons
    • The second half of Demon Hunters people were waiting for
    • And A Brand New PVE Experience...we call it "Crafting"

This sounds like a content patch, not an expansion. Who would pay for this? That's probably why they neglected to include a pre-order. Rather shameful the pre-order bonuses have been in the game since 9.1.5

I get the idea behind "lets return everything to the paradigm of WotLK" a lot of people were asking for that. But I can't make a good argument why anyone should play this over WotLK classic. Plus, especially now, theres a lot of things other MMOs are doing that WoW should be doing, that's what WoW did for a long time: It's why they were king. They took gimmicks other MMORPGS were trying but they did them better; they improved upon them; but fast forward to 2022, instead of implementing some of the non-progression aspects of FFXIV people love, or the player-generated content of ESO or Neverwinter or even GD FORTNITE, instead they lift the flying mechanics from gd Pokemon Arceus? This ain't it chief.
    What did you want, a new system like Torghast or a new borrowed power system? Because I'm pretty sure you would have complained if we got that too.

- - - Updated - - -

This is great, and they could totally make each of these options optional with the new customization system. Tweeted this out for some more exposure.
    Thanks. I tweeted a similar concept to Warcaft devs too, but I don't have nearly the same level of exposure or fame as you. No one cares what a 100 follower account says.

Its our game now.
    They are in the thread! They're in the––

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    From that interview;

See? I told you guys not to worry.
    Did you miss the image showing the comparison between the slender and bulky torso shapes? Because imo there's still a lot to worry about until we see visible changes.

Slender on the left, Bulky on the right:

This is too subtle. It needs to be much more pronounced than this.

And they still have long snake necks.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    . . . armor that you will be able to customize at the Barbershop, too.
    I admittedly like this because it means we now have more room for unique races that aren't rigged for traditional armor. I'd especially really like to see Nerubians come out of this. Another thing that could be cool that would come from this might be a better way of doing, say, Ethereals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Did you miss the image showing the comparison between the slender and bulky torso shapes? Because imo there's still a lot to worry about until we see visible changes.

Slender on the left, Bulky on the right:

This is too subtle. It needs to be much more pronounced than this.

And they still have long snake necks.
    It’s still early. They’re going to show you the goods soon enough. For now, relax like me and think about your future adventures as a dragon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Ersula forgets that the philosophy switched back to Pre-WoD era. The expansion story is set just like Mists of Pandaria with us as explorers of a new land.

The fact for me is that the era of Borrowed Power Systems and Build Around Systems is over and the return of the Talent System in a new 2.0 style which has been hinted to be going forward as well is indicative that we're leaving behind what has been the most content destructive era of World of Warcraft and I can't state how happy that makes me.

(There's a mild red flag with the Legendary System perhaps returning but obviously they are going to improve it and iterate on what the flaws were and again I barely consider that a "Borrowed Power" system in the first place since we had legendaries in the past that didn't move over to another expansion and the fact they think this way with keeping legendaries indicate a philosophy switch anyways.)

Yes, the expansion seems empty. But now the developers won't be forced to focus on putting out the fire and can instead start to use the canvas they usually leave empty which means that I think people will be surprised once the testing starts.

Yep could lead to much bigger patches, and a wider range of launch endgame content. Sure there's no Suramar, but with less arguing over borrowed power they can add a lot more to the world.

Note I'm not a furry or scaly but this line of thinking by people like you is toxic IMO.
    Admittedly, I don't mean to be a dick or criticize lifestyle choices, though I do admit I can see why some may be offput by the potential invitees. Admittedly, I also don't know how this is new at all—after Vulpera, it's pretty obvious they're going to be here in full from hereon out. I'm personally not too bothered by it, but I do think it is sometimes rather frustrating when things get too ... iffy on roleplaying realms. Not to say this hasn't always been there to a grotesque degree—there's always been peculiarities on roleplaying realms, but I do think that furries often do have a greater range of tendencies, so-to-speak.

I can see why opposition to a potential colonization of roleplaying realms exists, but I also don't think it will be as big of a deal as people think—I also don't think it will be too serious or extensive. It may be a problem to some extent, but we already had our fates sealed with Vulpera and this is just a small addition to that. I am curious as to what this new audience appeal may mean for Blizzard's profits, though. Those people spend like fucking crazy.

Suppose I at least have a few new good artists to look forward to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I'm thinking the evoker won't be using any weapon or a new weapon type. We haven't seen a single weapon in the official site or the gameplay bits. I don't think any dragon uses a weapon either, except wrathion.
    Staves, maces, daggers, offhand most likely. Druids use weapons but you don't see them in most of their shapeshift forms.

- - - Updated - - -

So where is the equivalent to Torghast, Island Expeditions or Warfronts in Dragonflight? Are you seriously suggesting flying but harder is a new gameplay mode?Covid happened before shadowlands was even out. We've had a vaccine for over a year. They've been back to normal in-building business hours for a whole year. But this expansion is allowed to have less content than the one that happened DURING the worst of the pandemic?

WHAT
    Thats not true. Teran Gregory said last week it was only the third time he has been back on campas in 2 years. A lot of people are still working from home.