Why would you rejuvenate Outland? The fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    People will also complain if there is a 9.3 and it isn't up to par, that's just the nature of the player base. They will complain if the factions merge, they will complain if the factions don't merge. The question shouldn't necessarily be if people will complain, but rather what is better for the game itself? If 9.3 isn't going to have a solid amount of content and 10.0 will be delayed until 2023 because of it, it might just be better for the game to forego 9.3 and make sure 10.0 is out in a reasonable amount of time with good content behind it.
    If 10.0 has to be delayed for a 9.3 so be it, Blizzz shouldn't just let an expansion go like that, it costs them too much. So what if its delayed, better to delay it then not see it for another year.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If 10.0 has to be delayed for a 9.3 so be it, Blizzz shouldn't just let an expansion go like that, it costs them too much. So what if its delayed, better to delay it then not see it for another year.
    Shitting out exapnsions is actually way more profitable for them, because the sales of those are huge cash injections.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    It's not about recreating Draenor, though. For example Frostfire Ridge is gone and never coming back.

It'd be about rejuvenating Outland and what it is. One of the cool things about that concept is that there could be some genuine trailblazing happening. Brand new zones, maybe founded by the community itself? Name, look, and atmosphere kind of like a region-wide AQ event to shape an entire zone? I think it'd be massively cool.
    How would it be much different than pre-outland Draenor?
    There's no new lore to explore.
    Just Draenei, Orc, Ogre, Arakkoa and such...
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-04-06 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Shitting out exapnsions is actually way more profitable for them, because the sales of those are huge cash injections.
    And the huge initial sales of expansions are what provides them the most cash, the subscription fee is nothing compared to that. You just have to look at the quarterly results where they double or sometimes triple the revenue in an expansion‘s launch quarter. Delaying these huge sales‘ spikes for one or even two quarters means huge financial gaps in their financial planning. Some people here don’t seem to understand that cutting a potential 9.3 to get 10.0 out in time is way more profitable than extending Shadowlands‘ lifetime for half a year just to squeeze 9.3 in and then delay 10.0.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-06 at 02:41 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    How would it be much different than pre-outland Draenor?
    There's no new lore to explore.
    Just Draenei, Orc, Ogre, Arakkoa and such...
    There's always new lore to explore if made. MoP, SL shows they can create new things out of thin air if need be. Outland is a different beast mostly cause its still been depicted as well "dying" (Slightly killing the dream).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's always new lore to explore if made. MoP, SL shows they can create new things out of thin air if need be. Outland is a different beast mostly cause its still been depicted as well "dying" (Slightly killing the dream).
    A second time was weird. A third time would be, really, bizarre.
    But, i guess you're right...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Depends on your definition of "in about 2 weeks". If we are lucky we could get it anytime this week to (mostly) next week.
    PTR often becomes active around Thursday, which does fit the timeframe provided by the blue post. And when you apply cynicism, there doesn't even need to be much on the PTR yet except some dataminable class changes and new models.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    PTR often becomes active around Thursday, which does fit the timeframe provided by the blue post. And when you apply cynicism, there doesn't even need to be much on the PTR yet except some dataminable class changes and new models.
    It will be April 12th/13th, Blizzard did it too many times to waste opportunity. Unless there will be some last minute technical issue.

TBC beta just had its level cap raised to 70 with heroic dungeons and a battleground enabled.

We really are getting TBC before 9.1 huh.. :/

Isn't Outland still actually dying? I thought that was what was assumed, especially from that cinematic in BfA where Saurfang goes to visit Thrall in Nagrand. Despite it looking healthy, that wheat just decays at his touch.

Also god I don't want to go to Outland/Draenor again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Okay, I think this is how the last raid will be in my opinion:

I imagine something similar to Siege of Orgrimmar with many different locations:

- were roaming through the Shadowlands zones and fight our enemies in several of the regions: there will be bosses in Bastion and we’re dealing with the aftermath of Kyrestia being assassinated (Uther will return and we‘re wrapping up the storyline for the Forsworn)

- in Ardenweald the Drust attack the Heart of the Forest and we’re fighting Gorak Tul again

- Revendreth won’t be a location as we already defeated Denathrius

- in Maldraxxus were helping the Runecarver / Primus to get back his power

- after that we’re back at the Maw where we are dealing with more of the forces of the Jailer and the Mawsworn and we’re going to fight Helya. We try to protect the Waystone as the Jailer wants to use it (after he got all the keys) to either have a teleport to Oribos or bring Oribos to the Maw like he did with Korthia

- after having tied Oribos to the Maw, the Jailer makes his way to the Arbiter where we are trying to defend her, but ultimately fail

- after the Jailer has control over Oribos he‘s using the power we brought to Oribos to make his way to Azeroth and the Plane of the Living: Icecrown Citadel

- at Icecrown we‘re facing first against Anduin who we will free from the Jailer‘s control with the help of Sylvanas (this battle will be reminiscent of the fight against the Lich King on top of Icecrown)

- after defeating Anduin and turning him to the Light, we‘re finally fighting the Jailer who wanted to completely break the veil between Azeroth and the Shadowlands to intertwine realities and cause a massive disruption in the universe; by sacrificing herself and with Anduin being the Bearer of the Light we’re able to defeat the Jailer, but Sylvanas at the end dies for good and will be redeemed (we all know this is coming)

- the Death of the Jailer now causes a massive disruption in the universe which opens a portal for the Void to approach Azeroth - we don’t realize this, but the Aetherals are coming to us and warn us that a Void Lord has set course to Azeroth and we must prepare for it, and that the Brokers can’t be trusted as they’re not our allies; the Nathrezim make their move

For me a raid like this, going from place to place in the Shadowlands, finally going to the Maw, Oribos and then Icecrown is in my opinion the most likely outcome for this expansion to end. Somewhere you can fit Muezhala into the picture and you’ll have it. I think the big baddies to focus on are a) Brokers, b) Nathrezim and c) Void Lords.
    I hope not. I hate this type of raid design where you get sent all over the place.

It's much more epic to simply delve deep into an enemy's stronghold. Castle Nathria is great in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    10.0 Expansion Concept:
    World of Warcraft: Echoes of Outland

Story: We return to Azeroth only to witness it split open and destroyed as the slumbering titan soul has awakened prematurely due to some dark power, and killed the planet as a result. Opening acts of the expansion is Horde & Alliance organizing a mass exodus away from Azeroth as we hastily open portals the most nearby place we know: Outland. Outland has become more ravaged than ever, with the Mag'har Clans and native Draenei trying to pick up the pieces. As the greatest of Azeroth's heroes and adventurers flood into a broken world, a plan is erected to restore the planet to its former glory, something if successful, could be used on Azeroth as well.
    Expansion is all about restoring and renewing portions of Outland all the while finding how united we can be as children of Azeroth and not members of political factions, as it starts out as a sci-fi expansion with broken bits of the planet in space and over-time we return it to a real planet with connected lands and proper oceans. The Ogre clans return, the Orcs resettle and create a mighty power base. The Alliance struggles in an alien world but ekes out a living. The Lightbound invade the planet and the Horde & Alliance defend it from them.

Class: Blademaster
    Races: Ogres, Broken
    Factions are united and everyone can play with each other, but separate PvP factions exist to simulate the classic HvA feel still.

Though I don't really like Outland, I must say that your synopsis got me quite thrilled about it.

There is an interesting crisis (since Azeroth somehow feels invincible as we keep fighting onto it without seeing its reaction to endless conflicts), with a whole world at stake, and a smart parallel with an undecided statu quo that's been left for ages now. It would also consider "world-restoring" tech as the ultimate weapon which is both a rare statement and a very current theme.

I think Ogres have been expected at a time, though I'm not sure about Broken's popularity. As for Blademaster, I don't know... What makes it different from warriors ? I think we'd need something way more typical, like a tissue melee, a staff-using tank (summoning stuff maybe ?) or whichever would feel very different from what we already have at our disposal (and we already have many types of damage dealer, tanks or healers) .

Anyway, even if I really like your story, I think I would feel tired of WoW if it forced me to go back to an already known continent for very personal reasons (mainly the artistic direction) . But that's something your speculation has no influence upon :P .
    Last edited by Ardolon; 2021-04-07 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Adding quotation

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Isn't Outland still actually dying? I thought that was what was assumed, especially from that cinematic in BfA where Saurfang goes to visit Thrall in Nagrand. Despite it looking healthy, that wheat just decays at his touch.

Less dying and more decomposing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

Dude....it’s grain it didn’t decay

- - - Updated - - -

I’m wondering what the end of 9.1 story will be

What is left of the maw after we
    Kill the terragrue
    Deal with the eye
    Deal with Sylvanas

We won’t kill the banshee obviously and might even have to use her to save anduin
    The rune carver is important and we are right there
    Venari has new stuff coming so we have her story
    The new dungeon is our hint of Azeroth story since that’s the end goal
    The new zone is our source of back story for the first ones (I still believe they are Argus and Azeroth)

How 9.1 ends will at least hint at 9.2 I believe

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I hope not. I hate this type of raid design where you get sent all over the place.

It's much more epic to simply delve deep into an enemy's stronghold. Castle Nathria is great in that regard.
    I get that, but we’re basically doing that in 9.1 with Sanctum of Domination in the Maw. We won’t get a second raid in the Maw, so this is one of the only options we really have left to fight the Jailer.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Ardolon View Post
    As for Blademaster, I don't know... What makes it different from warriors ?
    Stealth and guile. That's what.

I expect so much a world revamp for 10.0 that I really need to read about other ideas over here. Else I will be really disappointed when 10.0 really comes up.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I expect so much a world revamp for 10.0 that I really need to read about other ideas over here. Else I will be really disappointed when 10.0 really comes up.
    I doubt they would revamp the world now when they just revamped the leveling. How would that even work? There would be two versions of the old world? One from cata era in chromie time and one from the present day? And when would we even go there?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I doubt they would revamp the world now when they just revamped the leveling. How would that even work? There would be two versions of the old world? One from cata era in chromie time and one from the present day? And when would we even go there?
    Just chromie time it? I see no issue here, once you finish quest x of expansion y, your default of the zone is the new version. Obviously something like that would only matter if we actually quest there, so the expansion needs to take place in azeroth again which is something alot of people are yearning for, I'm sure of it.

That being said, I very much doubt it's going to happen. We are in for a never ending ride down the power spiral of nonsense.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.