Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The Mage tower alone was not really what made the end of Legion drought so bearable, it was that combined with all classes having a unique questline and mount that could be gathered, class specific sets that could be farmed and also generally all the weird power scaling systems like Artifacts, Legiondaries and Netherlight crucible being easy enough to get the most out of that most players got everything they needed to complete the Mage tower challenges simply by casual play on alts.

mage tower challenges were good and all, but it still needed more stuff around it to prop it up.
    Frankly, i believe the mage tower is much better remembered than it deserves because it essentially ended when you were at the highest point; you'd finally managed to beat the challenge and gotten your reward. Did anybody really go back after that?

Yeah I completely forgot about those.

Point is there are loads of assets, and even if some are still needed for the full package we are close enough that the question of recreating the entire world because of a lack of assets is a non-issue.
    The real works will be to put in new stories and new quests and content in general. Also they probably want some invasion events or something so the Zones are still useful for max level characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I saw great post on icy-veins where someone draw potential class cloaks and it came to me - class cloaks would be PERFECT reward for next Mage Tower. They require less resources than set (we would need 12 cloaks with recolor for each spec), but everyone and their mothers would want to get it at least on main And they would be even more unique than Artifact transmog.

If Blizzard would do Mage Tower in 9.2 with these cloaks and say in front it's exclusive reward for SL, well, that would probably resolve content drought problem for rest of expac.
    Blizz permanently ruined mage tower by handing out all the mage tower appearances for free in SL. Now, we KNOW there is absolutely no point in doing such content, just wait and they will give it to you for free. Hell, the Lightforged Warframe now has more prestige than the mage tower, because it was never handed out for free.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Frankly, i believe the mage tower is much better remembered than it deserves because it essentially ended when you were at the highest point; you'd finally managed to beat the challenge and gotten your reward. Did anybody really go back after that?
    I did 36/36 (I don't consider it some ultra skill check, I had tactic planned even before 7.3: I slowly geared up 11 alts at once, mostly only through world boss, from August to around March, then I focused on clearing 1 challenge every time MT was opened, so whole thing was done in like 2 months). Only challenge I consider unfun (in 7.3 casual environment) was healer one, cause it was long as hell.

And of course best thing in beating challenge is moment you beat challenge, same with any grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Blizz permanently ruined mage tower by handing out all the mage tower appearances for free in SL. Now, we KNOW there is absolutely no point in doing such content, just wait and they will give it to you for free. Hell, the Lightforged Warframe now has more prestige than the mage tower, because it was never handed out for free.
    I don't know what you are smoking, but it's bad. You expect Blizzard to never introduce smallsword or flail (these I think are still unique) cause it was in Mage Tower once? Not to mention all but 3-4 weapons didn't have some really unique model, but this specific weapon still remind you that you beat the challenge, like trophy over fireplace.

And let's face it, most people didn't even give shit you have MT weapon equipped 4 years later, maybe only Druid bear form is different.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-05-30 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wasn't that maybe part of the charme? You overcame something and from that point you didn't need to bother with it again, unless you wanted it on another character. Though personally I found some of differences in difficulty between classes and the outdated grind for the currency just annoying, not to mention the limited time implementation which heavily relied on people's FOMO, which I already loathe with gladiator items. So I'd agree that people probably remember it more fondly than it actually deserves. Nontheless I think it was a nice base concept, allowing people to fight for some class specific cosmetic items and some story bits, which we had the last time with green fire or stuff like the rogue legendary daggers.

- - - Updated - - -

When exactly did that happen?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Wasn't that maybe part of the charme? You overcame something and from that point you didn't need to bother with it again, unless you wanted it on another character. Though personally I found some of differences in difficulty between classes and the outdated grind for the currency just annoying, not to mention the limited time implementation which heavily relied on people's FOMO, which I already loathe with gladiator items. So I'd agree that people probably remember it more fondly than it actually deserves. Nontheless I think it was a nice base concept, allowing people to fight for some class specific cosmetic items and some story bits, which we had the last time with green fire or stuff like the rogue legendary daggers.

- - - Updated - - -

When exactly did that happen?
    Right at the start.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Well of course, just don't do it and 2 expansions and 4 years later it will be given to you.

You had at least 3 good years to flaunt your awesome and unique skin, who cares if other players can enjoy it too at some point. Complete exclusivity doesnt really work unless the activity you need to do is stupidly easy like the BfA pre-patch mount. And no matter how easy each mage tower was it was still a massive time investment to get one of every single class to max level, and that is not even counting all teh specs yo uwould need to learn,

And yes, I did do all that. The only challenges I didnt do were the Healer ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Right at the start.
    Well I just checked. And unless it requires talking to an NPC somewhere to unlock them then I still don't have the challenge mode appearances for healer specs.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well I just checked. And unless it requires talking to an NPC somewhere to unlock them then I still don't have the challenge mode appearances for healer specs.
    I'm not sure, but I think some venthyr weapons has smallsword/rapier model, so far unique to Outlaw. Maybe he means that, of course overblowing whole thing like many here like to do.

Right at the start.
    You'd have to elaborate on that one, because I don't see the few that I couldn't be arsed to get back then.
    Edit: If this is indeed about the rapier model (which is different to the rogue MT one) then your argument is complete BS. Do you honestly expect them to never-ever make a weapon that looks like a rapier?
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-05-30 at 11:18 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

My monk for example has the tank mage tower staff and he never did mage tower...

HOLY CRAP! They took away the tank mage tower staff appearance from my monk! I know he had it. Huh. Maybe it was an SL pre-patch thing.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2021-05-31 at 01:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    So then why even create Exile's Reach in the first place, if it'll become outdated literally in the next expansion?
    Giving people a choice to where to start their adventure is kinda amazing and a very healthy D&D thing.

Its an evergreen content... since lets say you want to level up 2 human alts and have a different start, then exiles reach is amazing ^^

If you ask me after the revamp... they could even expand on that... so that in the future if they have a cool starting zone idea... they could just make it and then people who start a new alt or character can have 3 places where to start from ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Show me those Post-Cataclysm assets they could use to revamp the dwarf zones, or the forsaken zones, or the night elf zones (then you'd be complaining that they reused the same 3 houses everywhere because they literally only created like 3 house models for the night elves in Legion).

In fact I truly hope they don't revamp the world like they did with Arathi, turning Stromgarde into a glorified Garrison was garbage. That's not interesting, either do a world revamp and come up with something new or don't even bother, I'm not interested in watching Blizzard's skills at copy-pasting assets from previous expansions.

Yes, in an ideal world it would be amazing if Blizzard could update the world to affect the current lore, just like how it would be amazing if Blizzard paid me to play their game, of course everyone would agree that a revamped Azeroth would be interesting to see, but it won't happen. So to answer your question:

I'd choose the former, because A) I'd have to create new assets for dwarves, forsaken, etc. anyway (basically any race that aren't the draenei, human, and orcs who got tons of new assets in WoD), and B) It's easier to write 5 new stories rather than 40 new stories.

And that's what Blizzard chose. That's why they didn't revamp the world when Sargeras stabbed it, but instead created 2 new continents and revamped a bunch of zones by adding world quests and updating some textures.
    If you are this negative and narrow eyed... well all I can feel is sorry for you...

Open your eyes mate... Legion... BFA and Shadowlands Revamped alot of grapics... on the terrain... trees caves... and structures of all kinds... even random npcs... "just look at the quillboars"

why do you think blizzard has slowly updated those old Npcs and creatures... since a revamp will come soon... and ofc they have to make other stuff... but its way easyer to revamp a thing then make up a new one, at least you have something to start from.

just think about it mate.... each zone in Legion... and BFA was different and revamp something that was not revamped allready... so when they are going to do the revamp of Kalimdor and Eastern kingdomes... half o the job is allready done.

and if you ask me "Stromgarde" was just a fast setup for a future city hub... if they revamp the world they will change stromgarde even giving it a huge naval port since in Lore it has one...

So again, you are just very narrow eyed and like to always look at the glass as half empty... call it realism or what ever you want... but if you did not see all these things... you need to open your eyes ^^

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about mate...

They made it possible to use those looks on the different specs on different characters... but if you did not earn it back then you did not get it...

since there are alot of looks that I want now but cant get... so those that got it back then... deserve to have them

so what you say really confuse me
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

7+ Year Old Account
    My monk for example has the tank mage tower staff and he never did mage tower...

HOLY CRAP! They took away the tank mage tower staff appearance from my monk! I know he had it. Huh. Maybe it was an SL pre-patch thing.
    There were reports about bugged mage tower appearances with the pre-patch, but the thread went to nowhere: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...unlocked/page4

So thanks for confirming that even if it was true, they seemingly removed the wrong skins again from people who shouldn't have them.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Still think 10.0 is a new designed world?
    No. It's wishful thinking and I don't expect another whole world revamp ever. It's too much work for a too little result. And to expect this for 10.0 when Shadowlands was delayed, 9.1 is delayed and COVID pretty much f* up their schedule? If there were ambitious plans before COVID for 10.0, they've been shelved now imho. We finally might get a new class though.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-05-31 at 02:46 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Two week notice either tomorrow or next week

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    No shot, the m+ affix isn't in yet

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    No shot, the m+ affix isn't in yet
    M+ affix is at most a week of testing.

- - - Updated - - -

“I want cloaks as the reward for the new Mage Tower”

What’s wrong with you? *Has PTSD of MoP and BFA*

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    TBC Classic is launching tomorrow.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No. It's wishful thinking and I don't expect another whole world revamp ever. It's too much work for a too little result. And to expect this for 10.0 when Shadowlands was delayed, 9.1 is delayed and COVID pretty much f* up their schedule? If there were ambitious plans before COVID for 10.0, they've been shelved now imho. We finally might get a new class though.
    Why not have a world revamp?
    Blizzard will have to address what is happening with all the plot hooks they purposefully left in EK and Kalimdor eventually unless they are actually planning on leaving it for WoW 2.0.

Sure, next expansion could be Dragon Isles for sure, but what about after that? Are we going to another plane of existence with no real connection to anything happening on Azeroth? Especially considering it would need to be an area mentioned this expansion at the earliest?

A world revamp is inevitable, whether it is revamping Northrend, EK, Kalimdor or even MoP.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    TBC Classic is launching tomorrow.
    Crazy how that changes absolutely nothing

5+ Year Old Account
    Why not have a world revamp?
    Blizzard will have to address what is happening with all the plot hooks they purposefully left in EK and Kalimdor eventually unless they are actually planning on leaving it for WoW 2.0.

Sure, next expansion could be Dragon Isles for sure, but what about after that? Are we going to another plane of existence with no real connection to anything happening on Azeroth? Especially considering it would need to be an area mentioned this expansion at the earliest?

A world revamp is inevitable, whether it is revamping Northrend, EK, Kalimdor or even MoP.
    Wether it is needed is not the question. Wether you honestly think Blizz will do it instead of going to easy way out, is the question. Well do you?