“But they helped stop the Demons and blessed Nordrassil”

After requiring the Wild Gods and the Nelves to help them, while doing stupid ass decisions in the process, and while their “spell” for Nordrassil ended up destroying Archimonde sure, but also fucking up the forest and the Night Elves immortality in the process. So...

Meanwhile, we actually kill the heads of the Legion permanently, with at worst a stab wound to the world which is likely going to be fixed by the next expansion. We also defeated multiple Old Gods, including the last one at FP using Azeroth’s power, and we’re going across all of existence now saving shit.

Tf are Aspects gonna do? Give us some more quests? k...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    New Dragon Aspect protectors would ruin the point of what Cata's message was. The hell?
    As if other plot points haven't ruined the point of other plot points.

- - - Updated - - -

...Eh? Not to be rude or anything, but yes we clearly have. We’ve been dealing with these threats since Classic.
    Not on our own we haven't.

- - - Updated - - -

Tf are Aspects gonna do? Give us some more quests? k...
    Yes. That's exactly what they're going to do lmfao.

Question. Are you here to be a contrarian to everything? Or are you here for an actual discussion and help further it along? Because it seems an awful lot like you're only here to tell people "NO, THAT WILL NEVER HAPPUN!!"

People have heard 10.0 will be the Dragon Isles. And now people would like to theorize what will happen in such an expansion. Again, theorize. So why waste your breath trying to be a contrarian?
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-06-14 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    As if other plot points haven't ruined the point of other plot points.

- - - Updated - - -

Not on our own we haven't.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. That's exactly what they're going to do lmfao.

Question. Are you here to be a contrarian to everything? Or are you here for an actual discussion and help further it along? Because it seems an awful lot like you're only here to tell people "NO, THAT WILL NEVER HAPPUN!!"

People have heard 10.0 will be the Dragon Isles. And now people would like to theorize what will happen in such an expansion. Again, theorize. So why waste your breath trying to be a contrarian?
    Nothing has ruined the plot point of the age of mortals, and while it’s not specifically on our own, we have indeed saved the planet multiple times. Reminder that the Aspects also wielded borrowed power.

I can disagree with you and still discuss it. Nothing here is about contrarians or shit like that. Don’t try and frame my arguments on that shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    People liking Dragons doesn’t mean they’ll give the Aspects their powers back
    They kind of have to give them back if they intend for the dragons to be around in the future.
    Since, you know, they tied their ability to reproduce to the Aspects powers-

Azeroth being powerful means nothing of it’s already been established the Heroes are the main protectors of Azeroth now
    Cool, and we still would be the primary protectors of Azeroth.

With Aspects or not.
    Their existence doesn't change that.

What their existence would do is give us an interesting expansion or patch plot, which means more content, which means more subs, which means more money.
    And the fact that there are multiple dragonflights is a convenient excuse for another borrowed power system.

While we do lose the borrowed power, we gain more the expansion after.
    And as i said, what borrowed power we get is entirely dependent on expansion theme and whatever mcguffin comes along with it.
    Nothing indicates that said power has to be more powerful.

From legion to BfA we had a downgrade.

Nvm that dragon powers don't necessairly have to be a downgrade, that's just you assuming things.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They kind of have to give them back if they intend for the dragons to be around in the future.
    Since, you know, they tied their ability to reproduce to the Aspects powers-

Cool, and we still would be the primary protectors of Azeroth.

With Aspects or not.
    Their existence doesn't change that.

What their existence would do is give us an interesting expansion or patch plot, which means more content, which means more subs, which means more money.
    And the fact that there are multiple dragonflights is a convenient excuse for another borrowed power system.

And as i said, what borrowed power we get is entirely dependent on expansion theme and whatever mcguffin comes along with it.
    Nothing indicates that said power has to be more powerful.

From legion to BfA we had a downgrade.

Nvm that dragon powers don't necessairly have to be a downgrade, that's just you assuming things.
    You’re right about the reproduction thing. But why would any of the borrowed power regarding them be an upgrade or on the lvl of the HoA, or what we have in Legion and SL? In SL, the guy we’re trying to slay is a Sargeras lvl threat, I don’t think Aspect powers are gonna take us to that amp against guys such as the Void Lords or anything like that. And no, I don’t think 10.0 will be simply Dragon Themed either, but we can discuss that another time.

“And the fact that there are multiple dragonflights is a convenient excuse for another borrowed power system.”

Didn’t we kinda do this already, but with the HoA?

Basically, while the Aspects lost their powers primarily, we were given essences compatible of that to the Aspects so that we could amplify the Heart of Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they will gain their powers back, who knows, but at most, I think they would aid us against the Void and the Chromatic Flight + Chromatus (I know damn well they plan to utilize this fucker), but I seriously doubt they’ll do much at the end of the day, nor do I think their power will be the main thing that amps us next expac. Pretty sure it’s clear as to what 10.0’s gonna be.

5+ Year Old Account
    So what if finding new dragon Aspects and empowering them will be the entire plot?

What if the final fight with the Janitor fucks up Azeroth so much, that the natural order goes tits up and we need new empowered aspects to set things right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    So what if finding new dragon Aspects and empowering them will be the entire plot?

What if the final fight with the Janitor fucks up Azeroth so much, that the natural order goes tits up and we need new empowered aspects to set things right?
    Why would that be an entire Expansion plot? And what foe would even be in the next expansion? Chromatus? lol at best that’s Raid Boss tier.

You’ll be sorely disappointed if you think Dragons are going to be the prime thing in 10.0.

Why would that be an entire Expansion plot? And what foe would even be in the next expansion? Chromatus? lol at best that’s Raid Boss tier.

You’ll be sorely disappointed if you think Dragons are going to be the prime thing in 10.0.
    The plot and villains can be whatever Blizzard wants it to be. They pulled WoD and The Jailer out of their ass. Anything can happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

5+ Year Old Account

I don't. I expect us to fight Nathrezim in 10.0

But for the sake of argument. IF we have a Dragon focused expansion, this is what I can picture happening.

it would undermine a theme of the series that existed since warcraft 3

that doesn't mean they won't do it but it makes it a lot less likely

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    The plot and villains can be whatever Blizzard wants it to be. They pulled WoD and The Jailer out of their ass. Anything can happen.
    WoD was a build up to Legion however. That was the sole purpose. And Zovaal is the continuation of WoTLK and has been implied by N’Zoth and co to be the “Enemy of All” and the Void’s top priority to stop. Slay him, and the Void + Light are practically left unopposed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post

that doesn't mean they won't do it but it makes it a lot less likely
    Even if they gained their powers back, we’d still be the protectors of Azeroth. The Dragons would just be able to breed again and gain some extra power to defend their flights and help the Horde and Alliance out a lil

- - - Updated - - -

I don't. I expect us to fight Nathrezim in 10.0

But for the sake of argument. IF we have a Dragon focused expansion, this is what I can picture happening.
    I don’t expect us to fight Nathrezim only in 10.0. I expect us to face the Light and the Void in 10.0 as the primary part of the expansion.

WoD was a build up to Legion however. That was the sole purpose. And Zovaal is the continuation of WoTLK and has been implied by N’Zoth and co to be the “Enemy of All” and the Void’s top priority to stop. Slay him, and the Void + Light are practically left unopposed.
    Yeah, and they pulled them both out of their ass. We can just as easily say Dragon Isles would lead to another expansion and that it's a continuation of Cataclysm. It's not hard.

Just a lil reminder aswell, I expect the Dragon Isles to be the next main lvling continent in 10.0. I just don’t think it’ll be the Expansions MAIN plotline.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and they pulled them both out of their ass. We can just as easily say Dragon Isles would lead to another expansion and that it's a continuation of Cataclysm. It's not hard.
    BFA continues Cata.

- - - Updated - - -

A light and void expansion would continue from BFA and SL perfectly while also giving us the Dragon Content we want. Simple.

Just a lil reminder aswell, I expect the Dragon Isles to be the next main lvling continent in 10.0. I just don’t think it’ll be the Expansions MAIN plotline.

- - - Updated - - -

BFA continues Cata.
    I don't see how, but whatever. It doesn't change my point.

EDIT
    Oh, right, Nzoth. Completely forgot about that.

needing to create immortal demigods still undermines the point that the struggles of the mortal races makes them stronger. It says actually that's bullshit and adds nothing to the plot

Like, what does creating new dragon aspects do for the plot? If it's about them being able to reproduce that could be handled without giving them their power back

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    And what would that theme be exactly?

It's supposed to be "The age of mortals and no longer needing a guardian". It's what medivh talked about with Reign of Chaos' closing cinematic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something something, age of mortals, something something

Formerly known as Arafal

I don't see how, but whatever. It doesn't change my point.

EDIT
    Oh, right, Nzoth. Completely forgot about that.
    Yeah, from Wrathion, to N'Zoth, to the Dragons, etc. 9.2 can be about Life and Death Vs Zovaal, and give us Mawsworn Galakrond for the Players to destroy and in turn give us Chromatus. And when Zovaal, dies, that gives the Light and Void the opportunity to make their move. Then bam, you have the plot for 10.0

- - - Updated - - -

The idea that Mortals can hold their own against all kinds of foes without a "guardian" of the planet, or without the "aspects". Granted, in Legion, we did have the Guardian of Tirisfal, but he served as more of a backdrop that fought as aid for the main protectors AKA the Heroes (Us) rather than the sole protector. If the Aspects get their powers back, I don't doubt they'll play a similar role.

iirc khadgar rejacted the role as guardian