Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    I think that one poster who tried to tie it to classes had their mind in the right place but was misguided. There really are not that many problems with one spec classes, besides the fact that some people will be sad it doesn't have more specs. In which case I wonder if there is data on how many people multi-spec or not (and if Legion is any indication I bet it's not the majority of players)
    And speculating them making new specs is fine. The problem lies with people trying to take a leak and build up more than what was given. If we are going with the leak being real, then I assume it would say new specs for classes instead of new classes. I mean, it separated class skins from new classes. If new specs were the intent, it would have said so.

Granted, I could be wrong or plans have changed and the new classes are now attached to other classes as specs, but until we get something that definitively says otherwise I feel it's best to temper expectations.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Was thinking more adding onto it.

Maybe with a new race that makes extensive use of customization.
    New features wouldn't probably require a UI rework, though. That's the art team, Liu is on the UI team.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Transmog overhaul?

Could be opening some restrictions, making Common and Uncommon appearances moggable?

We do need those Vanilla/Cata starting gears returned ingame as they 'promised'.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    And speculating them making new specs is fine. The problem lies with people trying to take a leak and build up more than what was given. If we are going with the leak being real, then I assume it would say new specs for classes instead of new classes. I mean, it separated class skins from new classes. If new specs were the intent, it would have said so.

Granted, I could be wrong or plans have changed and the new classes are now attached to other classes as specs, but until we get something that definitively says otherwise I feel it's best to temper expectations.
    My point was that four one-spec classes are really not that crazy out of the question after Demon Hunters came out. The biggest damning thing is that "lol too much effort" and the argument is that they crapped out a filler expac to give them more time + no new class for 4 years.

Another argument is four extra class sets per tier, and they really may just not make them for those classes. Maybe they will add a "heritage set" for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Could be almost anything...

- General UI rework/improvements? (Please rework the Guild UI because the "improvements" of BfA only made it worse imo.)
    - Housing interface? (Doubt...)
    - More changes to character creation UI?
    - A better Group Finder interface? (Would be about time because imo it looks dated.)
    - UI elements for applying class skins? (This is pure hopium, but you never know.)

It has to be a pretty big thing with a lot of UI elements because I don't imagine Jeff would make a tweet hyping everybody up for a small rework of something relatively simple.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Interesting credentials...
    Interesting. Seems like there's a new "service" with a unique UI, then—that, or a new system for character creation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Could be almost anything...

- General UI rework/improvements? (Please rework the Guild UI because the "improvements" of BfA only made it worse imo.)
    - Housing interface? (Doubt...)
    - More changes to character creation UI?
    - A better Group Finder interface? (Would be about time because imo it looks dated.)

It has to be a pretty big thing with a lot of UI elements because I don't imagine Jeff would make a tweet hyping everybody up for a small rework of something relatively simple.
    Indeed. I don't think they're just changing up the character creation UI again or anything—now, conversely, some kind of major change to character creation (the addition of, say, a subclass system—though i do maintain that it would have to be something like Allied Races, instead, and would be a "Prestige Class" system) or a new service seems reasonable. I'm thinking it's a "service" like Transmogrification, the Auction House or vendors, at least.

The need to hype it up makes it seem like something major. A housing interface would actually be a good possibility, I think. It has to be something very big if it warrants a comment from such a prominent and seemingly long-term figure.

Could he not just be referring to the class skin option, if the text leak is correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also... His tweet has a cat emote! The implications behind this subtle hint are MEOWSIVE!

I hate that I typed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Transmog overhaul?

Could be opening some restrictions, making Common and Uncommon appearances moggable?

We do need those Vanilla/Cata starting gears returned ingame as they 'promised'.
    I just want to be able to transmog everything. (within reason of course, no two-handed axe as a dagger.)
    There is simply no good reason why I cannot transmog leather pieces onto my hunter when cosmetic sets exist, or for that matter Blizzard itself refuses to adhere to the same principles when it comes to NPC design.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I just want to be able to transmog everything. (within reason of course, no two-handed axe as a dagger.)
    There is simply no good reason why I cannot transmog leather pieces onto my hunter when cosmetic sets exist, or for that matter Blizzard itself refuses to adhere to the same principles when it comes to NPC design.
    The thing that is important to note here is that it apparently took him, a lead UI designer, "several months" to do this. I don't think it will be anything simple at all. It has to be a serious overhaul or a whole new service system.

Seems like we will be hitting 2000 pages by the time the announcement is here. Who would have thought all the way back in 9.1 when the page count was not even close to 1000...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Indeed. I don't think they're just changing up the character creation UI again or anything—now, conversely, some kind of major change to character creation (the addition of, say, a subclass system—though i do maintain that it would have to be something like Allied Races, instead, and would be a "Prestige Class" system) or a new service seems reasonable. I'm thinking it's a "service" like Transmogrification, the Auction House or vendors, at least.

The need to hype it up makes it seem like something major. A housing interface would actually be a good possibility, I think. It has to be something very big if it warrants a comment from such a prominent and seemingly long-term figure.
    I'm leaning towards it being a new service in the same vein as Transmog and AH as well. Just curious what it would be.

I got two more wild theories I just thought of:
    - Dyes
    - Mount customization

The thing that is important to note here is that it apparently took him, a lead UI designer, "several months" to do this. I don't think it will be anything simple at all. It has to be a serious overhaul or a whole new service system.
    Could be spaghetti code where it was hard-coded not to work, you never know. Especially valid now that the transmog UI works on a collection system rather than the old version where you needed the actual item. I wouldnt be shocked if it might be difficult to allow a Priest to see and transmog all plate armor effectively when the game doesnt even let them equip it.

If the MMO-C DF leak is true; maybe the way class skins work, as it’d likely be tied to the CCS if it’s extensive enough to change your class name for instance. That’s all speculation obviously.

Sounds like some extensive overhaul is coming either way tho

10+ Year Old Account
    It's gotta be dyes. The madmen finally did it. They got armor dyes working in WoW after 15 years of saying it's impossible.

It's gotta be dyes. The madmen finally did it. They got armor dyes working in WoW after 15 years of saying it's impossible.
    But didn't they just release a recolor of an old set as the Blood Knight armor? Unless perhaps it's on a set-by-set recolor basis, I'm not sure how that would work.

Dyes and body sliders are the never evers.

I'm leaning towards it being a new service in the same vein as Transmog and AH as well. Just curious what it would be.

I got two more wild theories I just thought of:
    - Dyes
    - Mount customization
    I can't see how Dyes would really work. Even assuming you just make it useable on newer gear designed with it in mind it would still remove a large chunk of how the reward system in WoW functions.
    Unless you make all gear that would previously be a simple recolor also have unique bits or animation then you effectively remove a large chunk of the incentive for players to reclear obsolete content. LFR especially would really suffer from not having much of anything to offer players outside it's intended demographic.

- - - Updated - - -

But didn't they just release a recolor of an old set as the Blood Knight armor? Unless perhaps it's on a set-by-set recolor basis, I'm not sure how that would work.
    I guess it might be an extra layer on top. It would look absolutely horrible for most gear pieces, but it wouldnt interfere with the recolour based reward system.

My money's on customisable NPCs, as you essentially build your own dragonflight as its Aspect, and the NPCs change appearance depending on the buffs you pick.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Dyes would only work is if they wiped the slate clean in 10.0 and you could only dye new armors that drop from that point on. Adding dyes retroactively would be almost impossible and a huge pain in the ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    My money's on customisable NPCs, as you essentially build your own dragonflight as its Aspect, and the NPCs change appearance depending on the buffs you pick.
    The PC making their own Dragonflight surrounded by NPCs is the most terrifying sounding single player game confirmation I can think of. Please no..