1. #36941
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Soundwaves are a thing.
    Magic is also a thing.

    Now combine said magic with said soundwaves.
    Voila!
    Let's not forget that sufficiently loud sound will cause physical damage.

  2. #36942
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Reminds me, I did notice how Dausegne uses a lot of sound-based terms while attacking.

    Destructive Vibrato, Fragmenting Note, Dissonant chord, etc.
    The three big mobs at the end of Spires of Ascension do this as well.

  3. #36943
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,843
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Let's not forget that sufficiently loud sound will cause physical damage.
    As it already does. We had mobs and wars doing dmg and plethora of effects with shouts since Vanilla. Murmur in Shadow Labs was a creature that attacked with sound waves. People who say bards have no tools don't only lack imagination. They lack game knowledge.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-04-05 at 06:39 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  4. #36944
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    The three big mobs at the end of Spires of Ascension do this as well.
    Based on what we know of the First Ones, sound seems to play a very major role in the formation of the world.

  5. #36945
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Then they defo wont commit to balancing 12 new specs.
    Honestly balancing a spec is a lot easier than balancing a class. So much so that the devs have already expressed this. Just crank that damage % up, a function they added in legion specifically for this reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Now imagine if they rolled Tinker and Bard into one class.
    I did propose that a while back. 5e Bard doesn't necessarily have to be an expert in music: It's basically someone who's expertise in something mundane is lifted to supernatural levels: The College of Creation subclass for bard is typically characterized just like a Tinker.

  6. #36946
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    This is probably what it would be like to have a bard in your group.


  7. #36947
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    As it already does. We had mobs and wars doing dmg and plethora of effects with shouts since Vanilla. Murmur in Shadow Labs was a creature that attacked with sound waves. People who say bards have no tools don't only lack imagination. They lack game knowledge.
    My chief issue is that Bard is associated as heavily with the Support role as Priest is with the Healer role. You can bastardize the class and make it something else, but you lose the core gameplay identity of the class in the process. As WoW does not have a support role, I don't want to see the Bard class contorted into a mockery of what it could be.

  8. #36948
    Quote Originally Posted by sandini View Post
    There are some things they could do, like a Air Drop mechanic in a Zone, maybe tinkered by Gnomes.
    Or a launching pad, where you get catapulted in a choosen direction and a glider gets activated for 1 minute.
    Even the hooks used in Stormheim were nice.
    In think that these in conjuncture with the Flight Master´s whistle should already ease traveling a lot.
    What I would love to see is a zone where a big mechanic is updrafts and similar.
    Treasures could be hidden behind more intricate puzzles including jumps, parkour, and good use of updrafts to get higher than normal, letting you use a glider equivalent to get wherever you want.

    And while it probably wouldn't happen I would love to see a version of flying where you need to continously try to gain Nair by hitting air currents or updrafts to prevent stalling, similar to how Minecraft dies flying with Elytra.
    Then design zones so that skilled players can use these mechanics to get almost anywhere in a zone quickly if they find the Flight Master too restrictive.
    Done well it could even finally take the place of the version of flying we currently have.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  9. #36949
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,843
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    My chief issue is that Bard is associated as heavily with the Support role as Priest is with the Healer role. You can bastardize the class and make it something else, but you lose the core gameplay identity of the class in the process. As WoW does not have a support role, I don't want to see the Bard class contorted into a mockery of what it could be.
    Bards are not established really, therefore they do not have core role in WoW. Blizz can make them into w/e with their songs and weapon usage. Dmg and support spells. Pals got crapton of support, but can still smite shit.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-04-05 at 06:47 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  10. #36950
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Avatar of Vengeance, maybe. Special Blink double jump. And maybe come up with like a Penance Stare thing like Ghost Rider has? (Though without any paralyzing or the like)
    It all seems superfluous. Again, why not just use Rogues? Wardens as Demon Hunters is impossible for me to buy simply because it contradicts everything we know about them. Fan of Knives, their most characteristic ability, is a Rogue ability. I really simply cannot see any reason to make Demon Hunters into Wardens, much less to simultaneously extend Wardens into the highly-distinct concept of Spellbreakers while they're at it.

  11. #36951
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    My chief issue is that Bard is associated as heavily with the Support role as Priest is with the Healer role. You can bastardize the class and make it something else, but you lose the core gameplay identity of the class in the process. As WoW does not have a support role, I don't want to see the Bard class contorted into a mockery of what it could be.
    FFXIV doesn't have a Support role either & Bard & Dancer, especially Dancer are really popular there. I think the culture of WoW needs an anti-parse class: Dancers do decent DPS but are never on top of the DPS meters, but are still greatly desired in groups. Wow could use a class like that.

  12. #36952
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    My chief issue is that Bard is associated as heavily with the Support role as Priest is with the Healer role. You can bastardize the class and make it something else, but you lose the core gameplay identity of the class in the process. As WoW does not have a support role, I don't want to see the Bard class contorted into a mockery of what it could be.
    Maybe, but Lotro's minstrel is a healer that also has a pretty good DPS spec. A fun one too.

    As for weapons, well


    And I personally really like this one


  13. #36953
    I really don't see Bards happening anytime soon, either. They simply seem out-of-place in Warcraft lore. It's too alien to the setting and would seem too awkward next to other classes.

  14. #36954
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It all seems superfluous. Again, why not just use Rogues? Wardens as Demon Hunters is impossible for me to buy simply because it contradicts everything we know about them. Fan of Knives, their most characteristic ability, is a Rogue ability. I really simply cannot see any reason to make Demon Hunters into Wardens, much less to simultaneously extend Wardens into the highly-distinct concept of Spellbreakers while they're at it.
    You won't get much argument from me, I'm not a fan of Wardens being shackled to DHs, as I don't like how they play much and I'd love to play a Warden.

    Just putting forward some ideas.

  15. #36955
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Maybe, but Lotro's minstrel is a healer that also has a pretty good DPS spec. A fun one too.

    As for weapons, well


    And I personally really like this one

    I'm highly doubtful we'd get Guitar Hero as a mainstay in the canon lore of a High Fantasy setting. There's two dubiously canon meme bands to that effect, but nothing in actual, established canon to suggest that this would be a thing.

  16. #36956
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I really don't see Bards happening anytime soon, either. They simply seem out-of-place in Warcraft lore. It's too alien to the setting and would seem too awkward next to other classes.
    TBH they are more at home for me than tinkers, even with all the tech we had in game since Warcraft 2. Bards simply universally fit classic fantasy setting.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  17. #36957
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Bards are not established really, therefore they do not have core role in WoW. Blizz can make them into w/e with their songs. Dmg and support spells. Pals got crapton of support, but can still smite shit.
    I'm still salty about Shamans being gutted of the support role, and what wasn't removed being diluted across all the classes. Paladins, at WoW's inception, were also a support class primarily. They, too, were gutted, but they survived the transition a lot better. Shaman hasn't had a niche since.

    And yes, as I said, they absolutely could bastardize the class by forcing it to fit in WoW's infrastructure. But like Bard in FFXIV, I would rather not have it at all than get a butchered version. Implement a class that can be fully realized instead.

  18. #36958
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    TBH they are more at home for me than tinkers, even with all the tech we has in game since Warcraft 2. Bards simply universally fit classic fantasy setting.
    But they're alien to the setting in particular. Tinkers have been established in the setting for some time but there have been very few canonical Bards. Of those Bards, most are entirely tertiary to any setting we find them in and only exist in vague and referential roles. There is no basis for a Bard class aside from a few tertiary NPCs. We have plenty of iconic Tinkers. There's also the complete lack of relevancy they have to the lore in general.

  19. #36959
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If I remember correctly, it had him stomping her only for her to reverse it with some bullshit later in the fight. Which would have been so much better.
    Yeah, a moment where she bargains with the jailer for more power.

  20. #36960
    Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    Hoping we get some new world content in 9.2.5 or Shadowlands season 4. Zereth Mortis, while an amazing zone, is pretty much already spent in terms of world content. I was thinking they might be setting up for some holding back the scourge type WQ/Dailies in Northrend/Eastern Kingdoms with the dialogue from Bolvar/Darion.
    Could you imagine that we start getting WQ/Dailies popping up all over Azeroth that end up culminating into a huge battle/assault that Alliance and Horde both join to save the area. I think that would be fun. Toss in some transmogs and I'm sold!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •