10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Which is boring. Telegraphing such thing 6 expansions in advance and then following through and talking about it's "inevitability" is boring. Would appreciate if he somehow managed to change his destiny, in w/e way. This entire ancient Greece concept of how you can't fight your destiny is crap, and I am fairly sure we did overcome our fate few times already.

- - - Updated - - -

Yo, careful! Else you will summon Voidboi back to this thread.
    I like the void. I think most people do. The issue is that person ONLY talks about the void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Indeed, the Horde fanbase, and in particular the Blood elf fanbase, hate Alleria Windrunner because she chose Family over Country and because she endangered the Sunwell (while ignoring how, for example, Warchief Sylvanas had blackmailed the Blood elves during the campaign in Northrend and completely ignored their pleas).

I think the problem with the Void elves is that they might be too "complex" of a race.

Think about it, humans, dwarves, night elves, gnomes, they are all pretty generic and bland fantasy stereotypical races.

But Void elves? They are unprecedented, no other franchise has this kind of race. And so, as with all unprecedented things, it might be that most people simply do not understand the complexity of the Void elves, who are NOT just "Dark elves", since they are not evil and sadistic.

It might be that they are too "ambitious" conceptually, so to say, but I am sure that once they get the spotlight, people will finally realize what gem of a race they have been ignoring for years.

People, after all, gravitate towards what they understand; but if something is too complex or "elusive", how can you expect people to care? That's fine though, as I said the Ren'dorei will play a major role in 10.0 so people will be made to care.
    Nobody hates Alleria... People on HERE just don't want to talk about her or worship her like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    7 days...
    I feel like this week is gonna fly by, Leak season started in like December/January for a lot of us, look how far we’ve made it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Is the armor change discussion finally over? Can I come out now?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Nobody hates Alleria... People on HERE just don't want to talk about her or worship her like you do.
    There are just two options:
    1. The person wants attention and to derail the thread -> don't engage with a troll.
    2. The person actually really means what they say -> don't engage with a lunatic.

However you view it, the outcome is: DON'T ENGAGE!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Okay, Prediction time.

We are getting Class Skins, they will be the Pre-Order Bonus of 10.0 and will be added on next weeks PTR.
    I'm on the same page.

I think they are really done with adding classes.

Dragon Warrior could be totally a warrior thing.
    Warriors already have dragon themed spells and armour.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Okay, Prediction time.

We are getting Class Skins, they will be the Pre-Order Bonus of 10.0 and will be added on next weeks PTR.
    That would be awesome.

I've believed class skins were coming for a while. I honestly think it's one of the reasons why they stopped class sets. I think they only brought them back for 9.2 because so many people complained, but having class sets every tier make class skins unmanageable so I imagine they won't have them in 10.0 if class skins come.

They make sense, they're the same "quantity over quality" concept as allied races, where they can give us the things people have been asking for with less work.

I was working on a visual representation of this idea for a while but never finished it so here:

Class skins:

Warrior = Dragon Knight (red Dragon themed character customisation and abilities)

Paladin = Spellblade (Arcane themed abilities)

Shaman = Dragonsworn (Dragon themed character customisation and abilities from all flights)

Hunter = Dark Ranger (death themed character customisation and abilities and undead pets)

Druid = Dreamer (green Dragon themed character customisation and abilities as well as Dragon forms)

Rogue = Infiltrator (Black dragon themed character customisation and abilities, black dragonkin form when stealthed)

Monk = Brawler (non-kungfu/panda related abilities)

Mage = Spell-binder (blue Dragon themed character customisation and abilities)

Priest = Timelord (Bronze Dragon themed character customisation and abilities for holy abilities, infinite themed for shadow)

Warlock = Necromancer (death themed character customisation and abilities, undead minions replace demons)

A lot of Dragon stuff, but if that's the expansion theme it makes sense to me. I also feel like hero classes won't get class skins but that's just a vibe I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I'm on the same page.

I think they are really done with adding classes.

Dragon Warrior could be totally a warrior thing.
    Warriors already have dragon themed spells and armour.
    I could see new specs for existing classes. A shaman tank, mage healer, demon hunter range? Death knight healer? All of these could make sense and be pretty intriguing

Class Skins are an idea I just absolutely cannot get behind. Especially at the cost of actually putting the effort in for a new class.

What are they, really? Cosmetics, masquerading as a different class while never actually being one? What’s left for people who want an actual new flavor to play with, almost 7 years since the last one?

Nothing, apparently. Just iteration, and people excited over the idea of cosplaying as other classes. No effort from anyone but the art and UI teams.

And can we stop pretending Warriors have any dragon flavor? They have dragon roar, a move that barely qualifies, and are otherwise just cut and paste warriors (and that’s fine, by the way)

Don’t shoehorn dragons on to everything and just let dragons be their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    And can we stop pretending Warriors have any dragon flavor? They have dragon roar,
    I laughed.

Class skins are just lazy ways of making multiple new classes at once. Demon Hunter could have just been a class skin for a rogue, etc. Pretty much every single one I saw except for things like Dark Ranger and Blademaster, can just be realized into full classes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Class skins are just lazy ways of making multiple new classes at once. Demon Hunter could have just been a class skin for a rogue, etc. Pretty much every single one I saw except for things like Dark Ranger and Blademaster, can just be realized into full classes.
    Blizzard needs to be tricked into delivering content somehow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Class Skins are an idea I just absolutely cannot get behind. Especially at the cost of actually putting the effort in for a new class.

What are they, really? Cosmetics, masquerading as a different class while never actually being one? What’s left for people who want an actual new flavor to play with, almost 7 years since the last one?

Nothing, apparently. Just iteration, and people excited over the idea of cosplaying as other classes. No effort from anyone but the art and UI teams.

And can we stop pretending Warriors have any dragon flavor? They have dragon roar, a move that barely qualifies, and are otherwise just cut and paste warriors (and that’s fine, by the way)

Don’t shoehorn dragons on to everything and just let dragons be their own thing.
    think class skin as what they did with warlock green fire, and go beyond just color. Yes they can make a dragon class as lazy as DH, but most of the class skin are not dragon related imo.

There is a lot of "things" that aren't classes on their own, and would only dilute the classes we have, like "warden" or "dark ranger", so, those as class skin or 4spec would be the right way to go.

but we all know blizzard, most profit for less effort, so its hard to say what it will be, the "right" decision in my eyes is to redo the MOP scenario dragon class and dragon race, but maybe is asking too much for then.

IMO Class Skins are a bad idea, replace them with Racial Class Skins, things that will never become their own class, so each unique racial class lore (Sunwalkers, Blademasters, etc) can be realized.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    the ones who should be full classes:

Bard
    Necromancer
    Tinker
    Dragonsworn

the rest is just classskin

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the ones who should be full classes:

Bard
    Necromancer
    Tinker
    Dragonsworn

the rest is just classskin
    I agree, there are probably more I'm forgetting, but turning everything into a class skin is just a bad idea and I doubt Blizzard would throw out potential future expansion content in some soulless feature.

I'd like them to somewhat "simplify" the main story of future xpacs and have the villains be somewhat more straigthforward. The problem with the Jailer was how convoluded all of his intensions and plans was, and why he did what he did. heck, SL is done and dusted and we still dont have a clear picture.

While streamlining the main story and make it cool and easy to understand, they could also develop cool smaller questlines in each new zone. Here they could make it much more complicated and layered, here they can have freedom to tell a cool little story but its by no means a critical part of the main story of the xpac.

Look at the world in classic. All those quests in all the zones. All of them tell a story. Some(many probably) not very interesting, some are very cool and rather complex. Some have long questchains. It tells a story that belongs within the world. It might not be about the main bad guy, but its a story worth told in the game. This helps building a greater sense of a "living" world.

At the same time - these quests arent needed to do, but cool to experience.

Its getting a bit boring that every zones is jammed with "follow this streamlined questline that is 99% about the main villain of this xpac" repeated in every zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    I don't know why so many people still believe it's going to happen one day,
    Because it's seen as lazy and easier for Blizzard to do

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I'd like them to somewhat "simplify" the main story of future xpacs and have the villains be somewhat more straigthforward. The problem with the Jailer was how convoluded all of his intensions and plans was, and why he did what he did. heck, SL is done and dusted and we still dont have a clear picture.
    The problem was more like how it was communicated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post

Need I remind you that the author of the fake Dragonflight leak himself admitted that he made it all up.
    Really? I think I missed that.