Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I played Legion from launch on and yes, there were issues and complaints, but it rarely mattered because we were overwhelmed with content. There was so much stuff to do and what we’ve got that the issues were just overshadowed.
    Speak for yourself, legion was the only expansion that made me quit, simply because of the whole legiondary situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Seems unlikely as demon hunters are still locked to only elves.
    Death knights were opened up to new races and received a new eye glow i think?

Beyond general race specific character model updates, no hero class added to the game has received additional and class specific customization.
    In BFA, DK was opened to Pandaren and all allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Whether you liked it or not, can we all agree that the cinematic was the worst WoW cinematic by far? Don't even try to tell me that among all WoW trailers there is one worse than Dragonflight one because we all know it's not true
    Yeah...
    But then I also think that cinematic trailers have almost all been absolutely stellar, so having one that is just okay isnt exactly the end of the world, just a case if damned by faint praise.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Whether you liked it or not, can we all agree that the cinematic was the worst WoW cinematic by far? Don't even try to tell me that among all WoW trailers there is one worse than Dragonflight one because we all know it's not true
    Nah. It was a bit boring, I'll admit. But it was not an automatic hype-killer like Sylvanas in Shadowlands was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like certain aspects. But especially the new class seems very boring and lacks basically everything interesting. It’s just so generic. I know I’m repeating myself, but where’s the ambition with that class? Heck, even a Tinker with all the Azerite effects from BfA would have been cooler and more ambitious than the Evoker. It just feels like an afterthought.
    I wouldn't write it off just yet. The class has abilities from Alexstraza, Chromie, and Deathwing HotS, and many of those abilities are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Nah. It was a bit boring, I'll admit. But it was not an automatic hype-killer like Sylvanas in Shadowlands was.
    Ah, there it is. The Sylvanas haters. So you guys only disliked it because it was Sylvanas. Now it all makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    It's not like they don't have the manpower or funding. Restricting Dracthyr to just Evokers doesn't accomplish anything really it just restricts the race, other humanoid forms would be nice too but I can see why that is much more work.
    Sure, but they fact they skimped on armor in the dragon form and locked it to one class (that conveniently attacks without weapons when dragon) seems to suggest they chose this route to avoid all that work for whatever reason. I can maybe see them throwing the human/elf character options onto the other versions but not much else.

Am I the only one liking that Dracthyr are only Evokers, and them only being an Elf and female Human?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I‘ve heard this for 10.0 already. It‘s major copium if we’re honest.
    It's 100% copium and I'm sure a lot of the same folks saying that will just say "12.0 for sure" after it doesn't happen then.

Much as I want a revamp I think the devs honestly say "Chromie Time solved leveling, we can now hide the awkwardness of our serial-revamping of single zones at a time by funneling people into later expansions."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf the Omen View Post
    Am I the only one liking that Dracthyr are only Evokers, and them only being an Elf and female Human?
    Yes /10 char

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    It was super underwhelming and I'd put it as worse than some of the old 1999 Diablo 2 cinematics.
    Sylvanas avatar detected. Opinion rejected.

Btw the Explorer's League is coming. Do you think they'll make Renogos canon?

Also Murloc allied race???

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You were also overwhelmed with content in BfA and SL. Even more content than in Legion, so I don't really see how that makes sense.

And it all still comes down to the question of what Legion had, that Dragonflight won't have.
    It won't have artifacts, but that also means no AP grind. It won't have class questlines, but that also means more content for a singular player instead of being thinly spread.
    I guess it doesnt seem to have a Suramar equivalent, but that is a small thing in the grand scheme.
    Uhm… I think having artifacts and the AP grind is better than to have none of that.

Did Legion really have less content because of the class quests? I really don’t think so. But I played many classes and always had enough to do, so not sure about that. And calling Suramar a small thing… BfA had no endgame zone and it showed. SL‘s endgame zone was terrible and it showed. Isn’t there a reason why people were praising Suramar so much? Sure, it wasn’t perfect, but it was pretty epic. Now another expansion without an endgame zone? It just feels wrong imho.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Ah, there it is. The Sylvanas haters. So you guys only disliked it because it was Sylvanas. Now it all makes sense.
    And you like it only because she was there. So I guess we are even here.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    Sylvanas avatar detected. Opinion rejected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf the Omen View Post
    I'm fine with it as well. I would have preferred it being open to all races, but it's whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And you like it only because she was there. so I guess we are even here.
    No, I literally like all cinematics Blizzard has done, except the Dragonflight one which was just underwhelming compared to everything else they've done, even in WC3 and Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Speak for yourself, legion was the only expansion that made me quit, simply because of the whole legiondary situation.
    You’ve been in the minority then. There’s a reason why Legion is rated or seen as the second climax of WoW.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I‘m not against that, but we have an example for an expansion that’s not ambitious: WoD. And then we have Shadowlands, which is basically WoD but overambitious. You could add Cataclysm if you ignore the revamp and see what an expansion without features gets.

All expansion’s that look like Dragonflight just were kinda flat. And I do not agree that it looks like MoP. MoP had a ton of new stuff that’s been way more ambitious than anything in DF. Revamped talents. True new class. A real new race. Challenge mode. A continent that had what, 7 zones?

Dragonflight just feels like the bare minimum they had to do while not even trying to leave their comfort zone. That’s why I am disappointed.
    Well, I beg to differ. I mean, I also feel a little bit meh, I'm totally missing that one selling point. I wouldn't call the Dragon Riding a fully-fledged system, more like a cool feature fitting the theme. I felt like there was no counterpart for progression system - talent revamp is just that - revamp - there's nothing innovative about that to be honest.

Nevertheless:

1) Cataclysm was absolutely the most ambitious project they have taken upon their shoulders - and it was too heavy. Lack of content was the result. A prime example of being over-ambitious.
    2) WoD - well, there was a garrison, which eventually got changed into an abomination of what it supposed to be. Also, as we already know, A LOT of content has been simply cut to rush for Legion.
    3) BfA Warfronts and complicated azerite system killed it in the run.
    4) Shadowlands, well, it doesn't really require any commentary.

My guess, with a tank of hopium on the side is that they certainly are fearful that the history will repeat itself in a vicious circle and were less brave than usually. They didn't bet on one card, instead took a safe and lazy approach. And that is why I believe it might have been a better choice. Maybe, just maybe, we will be able to see much more growth, and steady pace of releasing the content when there is not much pressure to pull everything off as it's supposed to be just to repair everything later when it's actually too late.

We do not know the story, nor villan. No BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that could backfire, which happened with the lasr two expansions. They have literally open gates, quite a few possibilites of where to go with that. My bet is on more patches with actual content, like till 10.4 with regular cadence for releases.

At this point it’s 100% copium to expect Dracthyr to get other classes. It’s not going to happen.
    No, I’d say it has a chance. Outside of Monk animations they wouldn’t really clip with their animations too much.

Adding the horns and tattoos to every race is what will never happen.