Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Very true, I agree with you there.
    Couldnt it also be true that the devs did not disprive the existence of a Darkfallen AR by the logic that it's a silly idea for an AR? Surely some things can just go unsaid, and among them I would definitely rank a restrictive AR that could just as easily be a customization option.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Couldnt it also be true that the devs did not disprive the existence of a Darkfallen AR by the logic that it's a silly idea for an AR? Surely some things can just go unsaid, and among them I would definitely rank a restrictive AR that could just as easily be a customization option.
    I think what makes this unique is that plenty of well known figures in the WoW community expect it, though. Red Shirt Guy and T&E come to mind first. There’s enough evidence to have convinced the former. And of course there’s plenty regular players who are now expecting it due to influencer effect and evidence etc, so I think they should come out and deny it if it’s not gonna be a thing

It’s not any more silly than void elves, fwiw. Most allied races are just “could’ve been a customization”

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Then why wouldn't they mention that by now? It either that or they're implicitly telling everyone they think T&E's content is insipid.

I think what makes this unique is that plenty of well known figures in the WoW community expect it, though. Red Shirt Guy and T&E come to mind first. There’s enough evidence to have convinced the former. And of course there’s plenty regular players who are now expecting it due to influencer effect and evidence etc, so I think they should come out and deny it if it’s not gonna be a thing

It’s not any more silly than void elves, fwiw.
    Just because players expect it doesnt mean it's automatically a thing. Loads of players expected BfA to end with a Defense of Stormwind, or some similar SoO 2.0 final raid against Sylvanas, or for the Jailer to have an actual storyline.
    Or for that matter, with ARs specifically, loads of players specualted Sethrak AR for Alliance, or even Ankoan given how much focus they were given in addition to being an offshoot of Jinyu, another heavily speculated AR or even full race for Alliance. Instead we got Trashgnomes.

And Void Elves at least give Alliance something they couldnt already get in any way. You couldnt just slap a human skin tone on Night Elves to get High Elves, you needed the actual Blood Elf model for that.

I don't think Blizzard is in any way obligated to disprove random 4chan claims lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Then why wouldn't they mention that by now? It either that or they're implicitly telling everyone they think T&E's content is insipid.
    My guess is that Darkfallen will be a customization option unlocked by doing the questline, similar to how Night Warrior eyes were. Maybe with some neat armor options being given. It would solve basically the same need for undead elves with none of the need to make an actual AR.

Saying that an AR will or will not happen would lean too heavily into confirming or denying this potential customization option which would be kept under tight wraps, same as a surprise AR, so they just don't mention it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I don't think Blizzard is in any way obligated to disprove random 4chan claims lmao.
    The Darkfallen AR might be a tad more high-profile than other speculation, but not by so much that it really needs a doctrine from on high to gently let everyones expectations down.

Does it happen often here that posters will make up something and ask you to argue about it? lol

At no point did I say players expecting something automatically makes it legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did just remember in 7.3(Or was it 7.3.5) datamining did imply Lightforged Draenei at the time(And Void Elves). So maybe there is allied races but I am not confident in that assumption. I wouldn't be mad though,(Just a bit overwhelmed at all the Races this game has xD).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Does it happen often here that posters will make up something and ask you to argue about it? lol

At no point did I say players expecting something automatically makes it legit.
    Yes, that's pretty much the standard here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I did just remember in 7.3(Or was it 7.3.5) datamining did imply Lightforged Draenei at the time(And Void Elves). So maybe there is allied races but I am not confident in that assumption. I wouldn't be mad though,(Just a bit overwhelmed at all the Races this game has xD).
    No hard signs of AR on PTR right now, just speculation. They would have learnt their lesson by shipping race info to DB2s early by now too, so they could just hotfix that in at some point if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I believe someone found a changed list of player races somewhere in the code, in which was mentioned the four initial ARs. Basically the same thing as what happened with the Death Knight being applicable to all races.

This.

A lot of people thought Covenant ARs would happen in Shadowlands at some point but they never de-confirmed that either outside of their original BlizzCon statement of "no ARs for the initial story of Shadowlands".

Good thing that's not the only source.

Without datamining, players would have far less to go on and would be less able to convince themselves that something is certain.
    Remember when the world ended in 2012? People are able to convince themself of the most ridiculous shit with no evidence whatsoever. Datamining has nothing to do with that, humans are just idiots.

Except we're not talking about 4chan claims, we're talking about content creators Blizzard is collaborating with being forced to speculate wildly for content because there's so little tangible to talk about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Remember when the world ended in 2012? People are able to convince themself of the most ridiculous shit with no evidence whatsoever. Datamining has nothing to do with that, humans are just idiots.
    And throw doubt at very obvious things that are true, 2020 and 2021 is proof.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    So, that's why we don't have pre-order yet, they do not know at which price they're gonna sell them...

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ocial-Contract

Arg.. little bummed the Armor Transmog would be the higher priced choice this time, the Mount/Mog combo for SL was neat imo.

Hate to shill, but if it's as neat as the Eternal Traveler's one, I may end up whatever $120 CAD down for that Epic Edition this Christmas lol.. sad.
    For someone like myself who subs maybe 5/12 months of the year, that feels hefty to give Blizz trusting the product will be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    Arg.. little bummed the Armor Transmog would be the higher priced choice this time, the Mount/Mog combo for SL was neat imo.

Hate to shill, but if it's as neat as the Eternal Traveler's one, I may end up whatever $120 CAD down for that Epic Edition this Christmas lol.. sad.
    For someone like myself who subs maybe 5/12 months of the year, that feels hefty to give Blizz trusting the product will be good.
    Then don't, I don't bother paying that much, feels waaaay too much and I love Blizzard and not too concerned about how DF is gonna go. I dunno I just feel like paying over 100 is pretty fucking hefty

Edit: Try not to read this as angry, wasn't my intention.

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post

Just buy it with gold, problem solved.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    So, that's why we don't have pre-order yet, they do not know at which price they're gonna sell them...

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ocial-Contract

This is the wildest survey I've ever seen. Who would pick any amount other than the 3 smallest amounts??? No, blizzard, please charge me 30 extra dollars for the same thing.