1. #68481
    I do love tge salt geysers from this stuff

    I imagine they will slowly rebalance these numbers and just went the route of "cut 20% so we can then see exactly how much we'd need" instead of 3 nerfs constantly

    Like it or not some of these changes were definitely justified. A ret pally shouldn't be able to do 50% of the damage in a dungeon by himself in appropriate gear. As for the speed of the rotation it will get insane by 10.1.

    My WW is next on the chopping block and that's after they already broke clones....again.

    Looking at DF as a whole though I think I have my leveling figured out. My main will be an herbalist/enchanter at first just for the speed enchants then drop that for mining because of the ore requirements for most professions. At cap I'll probably go BS/mining for the weapons and the matrix drops.

    Alt will be mage who goes tailoring enchanting for bags and cloaks. Likely will cap week 2 then use for raid mats or crafting for guildies or getting materials for them to craft.

    Main will get all the dragon runes week 1 and focus on getting gold for most of the races. I'll cap before the chromie questline to max chances of a stronger neck. The weekly requires 4k rep gain which is relatively easy now that they boosted the rep gains

  2. #68482
    Field Marshal YogSoggoth's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Somewhere in The Motherland
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Still nothing in terms of pre-patch playable content

    - - - Updated - - -



    Name one mmo that does that

    Also if you started shadowlands in the final few months you missed out on a lot
    Ignoring the stuff that gets replaced like end of season rewards

    You missed
    All the dungeons in m+
    The maw
    Korthia
    All of torghast
    Vast majority of campaign content
    And millions in passive gold generation

    That ignores also shards of domination and all of the raids before the fated syste
    As someone who played a bit throughout all the Shadowlands i can't believe you've included Maw, Korthia and Torghast as something you can regret skipping. These three things are the worst pieces of content i've touched in WoW (especially 9.0's Maw) and i'm pretty damn sure many would agree. I do kinda regret missing out on some of the free gold though. And i guess the mythic+ mounts. The rest is pefrectly backtrackable for anyone interested. Campaigns are boring and shallow too btw.

  3. #68483
    Quote Originally Posted by YogSoggoth View Post
    As someone who played a bit throughout all the Shadowlands i can't believe you've included Maw, Korthia and Torghast as something you can regret skipping. These three things are the worst pieces of content i've touched in WoW (especially 9.0's Maw) and i'm pretty damn sure many would agree. I do kinda regret missing out on some of the free gold though. And i guess the mythic+ mounts. The rest is pefrectly backtrackable for anyone interested. Campaigns are boring and shallow too btw.
    Try getting groups for the rares anymore
    You don't get the maw or any of the other systems in a way that didn't immediately feel like garbage

    It's like missing ToT in MoP
    Yeah it's still there
    Yeah you can do it
    It just feels worse like playing a pokemon game with a game shark

    - - - Updated - - -

    The game now if you just started is
    Cap
    Get to the final zone
    Get geared for the raids
    CN and Sepulcher weeks aren't bad because hey you just go to the zone and flying is an easy unlock including for ZM
    Farming souls and anima for your covenant portal

    However since you skipped the maw and everything from 9.1 the travel to sanctum is more annoying
    Crafting your legendary while cheaper gold wise is now more involved because you need books since the dungeons aren't ran anymore and CN is only ran one out of every 3 weeks

    Torghast is also more of a pain due to you zerging every layer unless you do gauntlet which still requires work. You can skip it by buying the package from ZM but then you need more cosmic Flux for your tier forge.


    Compared to if you played through it can mostly be summed up as Veilstrider

  4. #68484
    Still no beta but im unsure whether its because I asked for a refund on a sub during the drought after Korthia or because I wasn't subbed for the last two months lol

  5. #68485
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,116
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    Still no beta but im unsure whether its because I asked for a refund on a sub during the drought after Korthia or because I wasn't subbed for the last two months lol
    Yes, Ion personally pick people that dare to ask for refund and put them on black list.

  6. #68486
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    One issue I have with Dragonriding in the most recent patch is that persistent rushing wind sound effect that starts as soon as you mount up on a Dragonriding mount. I think it'd be fine to have that sound effect while you're soaring downward in a vigor recharge arc of descent, but having it persistently going the entire time you're mounted up is a bit grating.
    Yeah I noticed this aswell, reported it as soon as it started as it can get annoying very quickly.

  7. #68487
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    No. It simply is way harder and takes longer. At the end of the expac you lilterally get all the content the expac has to offer on one weekend. Which shows how few content the devs really add.
    Actually, you're skipping a considerable part of it. Which you didn't notice because you never actually played it. But go ahead, live on in your little dreamworld where the only goal in a game is to get through it as quickly as possible and have the least possible amount of fun doing it.

  8. #68488
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yes, Ion personally pick people that dare to ask for refund and put them on black list.
    Ofc he does, how else is he gonna afford cream to stop his balding

  9. #68489
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, you're skipping a considerable part of it. Which you didn't notice because you never actually played it. But go ahead, live on in your little dreamworld where the only goal in a game is to get through it as quickly as possible and have the least possible amount of fun doing it.
    i have learned they are simply here to stir the pot
    you could prove 1+1=2 and they would still argue for it being 35

  10. #68490
    So, question. I was relatively late in beta and I don't want to overindulge so I am not pressing with renown or anything like that. Do we have any idea what is involved in the different max level renown questlines? I think the Maruuk have none but the rest do.
    Dragonscale Expedition has one questline in two parts called The Sealed Titan Facility. Is this about Tyrhold, the Vault or something else entirely?
    Iskara just has one in the Chieftain's Duty and I will presume that's just more tuskar lore (which is welcome)
    Valdrakken Accord is the one that is likely the most important though. We have The Silver Purpose and The Garden of Secrets. Two different questlines. Second one COULD be the one about Ysera? First one should be something that people who did the beta early have probably seen already by now.

  11. #68491
    Honestly though does balance matter all that much unless you're interested in PVP?

    PS: Obviously I don't mean balance as in getting your class completely nerfed to the point it's doing fuck all damage compared to the rest, but more like if it's nerfed to the point where it's not OP compared to the rest.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2022-10-08 at 07:23 AM.

  12. #68492
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Honestly though does balance matter all that much unless you're interested in PVP?
    Yes? Specs that are considered awful in the meta will struggle to find groups for anything.

  13. #68493
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes? Specs that are considered awful in the meta will struggle to find groups for anything.
    But isn't that more of a community issue? Surely there's groups that just allow for anything unless they are racing or something.

  14. #68494
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But isn't that more of a community issue? Surely there's groups that just allow for anything unless they are racing or something.
    Pretty much. So many M+/raid leaders who just glance over weekly DPS ranking and form their judgement based on that.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  15. #68495
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But isn't that more of a community issue? Surely there's groups that just allow for anything unless they are racing or something.
    Does it matter? Are we really challenging the idea that there should be at least a reasonable level of balance among classes? While the meta will give an advantage and a disadvantage to people trying to find a group, the community is not insane, it's just very sensitive to differences. You are not going to be outright denied unless the balance is very bad. Which it usually isn't because effort is made to keep it within reasonable bounds. Are you really advocating it shouldn't matter?

  16. #68496
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Does it matter? Are we really challenging the idea that there should be at least a reasonable level of balance among classes? While the meta will give an advantage and a disadvantage to people trying to find a group, the community is not insane, it's just very sensitive to differences. You are not going to be outright denied unless the balance is very bad. Which it usually isn't because effort is made to keep it within reasonable bounds. Are you really advocating it shouldn't matter?
    Seems like you never played Feral. Or Survival pre-9.2.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  17. #68497
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Does it matter? Are we really challenging the idea that there should be at least a reasonable level of balance among classes? While the meta will give an advantage and a disadvantage to people trying to find a group, the community is not insane, it's just very sensitive to differences. You are not going to be outright denied unless the balance is very bad. Which it usually isn't because effort is made to keep it within reasonable bounds. Are you really advocating it shouldn't matter?
    I'm just saying it's probably a minority that actually takes that stuff into account and rest play whatever they want. Besides, complain about it to Blizz for a while and they will change it up.

  18. #68498
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Seems like you never played Feral. Or Survival pre-9.2.
    I guess for Survival. I did play Feral. You had to have a lot more rating than needed but you could find groups. And again, it is because the spec sucked. So yeah, balance is pretty important.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I'm just saying it's probably a minority that actually takes that stuff into account and rest play whatever they want. Besides, complain about it to Blizz for a while and they will change it up.
    I mean sure it is a minority. It is a minority that raids and does M+ too.

  19. #68499
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Yeah I noticed this aswell, reported it as soon as it started as it can get annoying very quickly.
    Now that you say the stuff about the sounds, I'm also not a fan of that weird "glossy" filter the dragonriding mounts have sometimes. It's ok if they would get them during the flight but imo it looks ugly when they are on the earth.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-10-08 at 09:53 AM.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  20. #68500
    Btw I keep reporting these because they are all over the place, they go live as they are far too often and they ruin any sense of immersion while questing.
    The majority of voiced discussions I've seen so far have fucked up timing with the NPCs constantly talking over each other. If you encounter them, please report them as well. Seriously I'd rather have slightly akward pauses than whatever this is and I don't even get how they can be that poorly hooked in the first place. Like, basic addition?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •