Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    That logo really seems legit the more I look at it. Everything about it is new. Even the choice to use void colors for a dragon expansion is a choice.
    AOTC mounts have teased an expansion before, and BfAs seemingly lead nowhere... But then you have to think about how it was a void dragon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauderkin View Post
    AOTC mounts have teased an expansion before, and BfAs seemingly lead nowhere... But then you have to think about how it was a void dragon?
    Eh only really the moose did from WoD.

Korkron fit Siege, Violet Spellwing had a very heavy Khadgar theme, and the Voidwing fits with Vexiona.

So this spider is kinda par for the course (still not a fan though)

Eh...the pattern with AOTC being a hint at future expansions seems to have a weak pattern. The Kor'kron War Wolf only indicated anything surrounding Warlords by virtue of WoD's aesthetic being just an extension of much of Siege of Orgrimmar anyway.

Obviously the Grove Warden was a sign of Legion, but the Violet Spellwing was generic enough that it didn't really indicate anything specifically about BfA. And now we have a Zereth Mortis looking Protoss Dragoon vehicle as the likely AOTC candidate for SL, so really it may not be a sign of anything.

The Uncorrupted Voidwing may have just been a mount simply because...we were dealing with N'Zoth and Wrathion was there. Simple as that.

EDIT: Beaten by literally one minute!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauderkin View Post
    Back in the 9.0 speculation thread there were folks ('leakers') claiming the dragon theme was scrapped and moved up in favor of Shadowlands. Probably untrue but it's worth noting that during Blizzcon's SL livestreams the environment artists were BARELY working on the terrain. Expansion concepts may be created ahead of time, but might not be approved until late.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Let's start day 1 of hoping it's today, even if it's totally Thursday.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    We really need another seamlessly connected continent again. The zones being separated in SL really hurt the expansion.

The Broken Isles were so comfy to traverse.
    Indeed. I can´t wait for the new Isles in Azeroth. Being able to fly around them without relying on external teleportation systems is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The void lords won't be better than the Jailer if they don't manage to give us information about them beforehand. N'Zoth f.e. worked so well because he was a thing build up in the game since Cataclysm - unlike Zooval who wasn't even hinted at.

- - - Updated - - -

I still think it's a missed opportunity that we never got any island expedition / argus style scenarios that show the other afterlives being invaded by the Jailer.
    Exactly. Plus, Old Gods were a part of the game at least since Vanilla, so people knew what to expect. If they teased the Eternal Ones way before Shadowlands, it could have worked as well. They didn't, they failed. Let's just hope they've learned their lessons.

By the way, I'm laughing so hard if Dragon Isles isn't the location for the next expansion and it's something completely different yet somehow related to Dragons. They perverted the South Seas expansions with the Battle for Azeroth theme, so let's just wait and see what's their twist for the Dragon stuff.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-01-24 at 08:37 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

1+ Year Old Account
    I once joined you.
    An interesting speculation thread, i have a question because I'm interested:
    Which regions or stories would be possible in future expansions?
    Hasn't everything been completed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Exactly. Plus, Old Gods were a part of the game at least since Vanilla, so people knew what to expect. If they teased the Eternal Ones way before Shadowlands, it could have worked as well. They didn't, they failed. Let's just hope they've learned their lessons.

By the way, I'm laughing so hard if Dragon Isles isn't the location for the next expansion and it's something completely different yet somehow related to Dragons. They perverted the South Seas expansions with the Battle for Azeroth theme, so let's just wait and see what's their twist for the Dragon stuff.
    We go to K'aresh, but it's full of dragons for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    We go to K'aresh, but it's full of dragons for some reason.
    Yrel is creating a new Light Dragonflight and wants to invade Azeroth and we have to team up with the five original Dragonflights to stop her. /s
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnit View Post
    I once joined you.
    An interesting speculation thread, i have a question because I'm interested:
    Which regions or stories would be possible in future expansions?
    Hasn't everything been completed?
    There are at least two major forces that are not yet dealt with: Shadow/Void Lords and Light/Naaru.
    Plus, we have Azeroth herself that has not yet recovered from all the stuff that happened recently.
    And on top of that recent bits of data-mining seem to indicate that next expansion may be tied to dragons in some way.
    Not to mention that Blizzard can always pull something out of their ass in style of WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Indeed. I can´t wait for the new Isles in Azeroth. Being able to fly around them without relying on external teleportation systems is a big deal.
    I'm -really- hoping that if we go back to Azeroth as Ion implied a while back that they'll finally bite the bullet on either expanding the map phasing/loading-screen less teleporting to the point where we can finally fly from EPL/Quel'thalas OR they merge those maps together as the technical reasoning they had for splitting those up in the first place is over a decade+ old at this point. That and the Hearthstone Tavern are some of my top "wants", really.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'm -really- hoping that if we go back to Azeroth as Ion implied a while back that they'll finally bite the bullet on either expanding the map phasing/loading-screen less teleporting to the point where we can finally fly from EPL/Quel'thalas OR they merge those maps together as the technical reasoning they had for splitting those up in the first place is over a decade+ old at this point. That and the Hearthstone Tavern are some of my top "wants", really.
    I do not know if merging the old zones would be much work. But in the case of a world revamp, would it not be better to treat it as a new continent? Like they did with Draenor, built from scratch, in such a way that they can always add new zones. Let the world as we know it today be accessible from the Caverns of Time, make 9.2 finale disastrous to Azeroth so that they have a justification to restart the world, so that we can always look up for more stuff in Azeroth.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Empire of Dragons has a lot of potential:

- Wrathion knows about the existence of the Dragon Isles, yet the other flights do not share any information about them, WHY?

- Could it be that different Dragons had different points of view? The dragons we know support the Titans view, while the ones in the Dragon Isles might feel superior to the other races of Azeroth and wanted to conquer them, but ''our'' dragons threatened them to take part in the war if they attempt something like that; might be that now they feel strong enough to try, or they are just corrupted by some Old God.

- Of course, these dragons would be different to the ones we know. A more humanoid form of dragons, with very big dragons at their service. And of course, a faction of these new humanoid dragons will not share the Empire vision, and will support us, giving Blizzard the chance to implement a neutral dragon race.

- Even the way in which these humanoid dragons treat bigger dragons could be used as the cause of the rupture with the dragons we know. Maybe they wanted to enslave them, and hence why the Dragon Isles are forbidden and not talked about anywhere.

- The pre-event expansion could feature dragon invasions through Azeroth.

- Hopefully this expansion will also bring a revamp to old zones, which is something really needed to bring new stories to the world and to make ALL Azeroth relevant and evergreen. WoW as it is today, with only the new zones being relevant, has to go, a new approach has to be taken. They could use the end of 9.2 as a justification for the revamp, they can even tie this presumably desastrous event as the reason why the Empire Dragon now feels strong enough to enslave the other races.

- BTW, if the Dragon Isles are not floating in the sky I will be dissapointed.

Also, please port WoW to consoles :P
    Imagine if the Dragon Isles are the prison for dragons that sided with the Old Gods instead of the Titans, and now that Xal'atath is free again, she opens the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    But in those RPGs, the rewards are the same no matter what the difficulty, the only thing that separates them is how you play because the difficulty changes the meta for the game, and achievements. But the rewards, and the story are the same across all difficulties.
    Because those are Single Player games.

When there are 0 online interactions with people there are 0 issue on enforcing dumb 0.5% top meta or whatever bs that makes the game insufferable for casual players.

No rush rush mindset, you have all the time of world to do other stuff, explore etc etc

Things that wow lacks currently unless your RPG taste is so that even a warm shit like current wow is a delicatessen

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Imagine if the Dragon Isles are the prison for dragons that sided with the Old Gods instead of the Titans, and now that Xal'atath is free again, she opens the door.
    I thought about that, Dragons that sided with the Old Gods instead that with the Titans, but it would not make sense, as it will be really hard to explain why these dragons did not show up to support the Old Gods in Cataclysm or in Battle for Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Oh, that could be quite interesting! Since it was suggested that Galakrond was a result of an experiment by Tyr, perhaps he's a microcosm of these Proto-Proto Dragons? He could have been equivalent to G'Huun for these dragons, in a sense. And, by extension, it would make sense, as we know that the Proto-Dragons may have been descendants of the elemental Dragons we've already seen in Cataclysm, who naturally would've served the Old Gods.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought about that, Dragons that sided with the Old Gods instead that with the Titans, but it would not make sense, as it will be really hard to explain why these dragons did not show up to support the Old Gods in Cataclysm or in Battle for Azeroth.
    They could've simply been sealed there, and for whatever reason N'Zoth or Deathwing never got them out (perhaps they tried, but simply couldn't do so directly for whatever reason?)

Because and this is the only lucky way to make it work with the current dogshit storytelling

Because those Dragons were actually imprisoned in some titan facility/prison like Uldir ulduar that nobody knew about it

Just like we saw Raden the top dog watcher had no idea about Heart of Azeroth existence and Mother told us various other Uld-alike location

So we can assume there are location / facilities that are secret even to the watchers

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    Because and this is the only lucky way to make it work with the current dogshit storytelling

Because those Dragons were actually imprisoned in some titan facility/prison like Uldir ulduar that nobody knew about it

Just like we saw Raden the top dog watcher had no idea about Heart of Azeroth existence and Mother told us various other Uld-alike location

So we can assume there are location / facilities that are secret even to the watchers
    I mean I know that they can come up with whatever reason, but It would be weird that Deathwing or N'zoth did not know about this prison, and if they did and did nothing to free them It would be even more bizarre.

But hey, if they come up with a good story and an acceptable explanation I am in.

I mean I know that they can come up with whatever reason, but It would be weird that Deathwing or N'zoth did not know about this prison, and if they did and did nothing to free them It would be even more bizarre.

But hey, if they come up with a good story and an acceptable explanation I am in.

Why Deathwing or Yogg-saronn didn't attack the Heart of Azeroth?

Because they didn't know about it probably so the same "cliché" can be used.

Now that we have the First One we can use them as Deus ex Machina to explain anything