Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Aha so the real reason I got my dragonriding nuked is because I copied over transmogs after grabbing Black Velvet dress in retail to try an Elvira transmog on a throwaway Forsaken Warlock. Fitting.
    Yeah the trick is to just copy over the character you got the new mog over to unlock it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    creating a player race that is unable to use transmogs (no the current few pieces don't count) is probably the single weirdest choice they made with DF
    It's crap but just saying you can still work with it. The default armor they gave is beautiful, it just needs better color options and a few more pieces.

Even if backslot was off limits because of the wings, they still should have bene able to use sll other armor pieces in dragon form.

It's crap but just saying you can still work with it. The default armor they gave is beautiful, it just needs better color options and a few more pieces.
    "you can make it work, you just have to ignore what is probably the single most popular feature they ever added to WoW".

Also as everyone else gets new armour sets with each new expansion, do you think its likely that they will add more 'underwear' to the model in the future?
    I expect them to be unpopular and entirely ignored in the future.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Even if backslot was off limits because of the wings, they still should have bene able to use sll other armor pieces in dragon form.
    Wings stop chests as well as backs. Talons would modify both gloves and feet (they might show but they'd show very limited like they do on troll feet). Spike elements pretty much force you to clear that mog slot too if you opt in to them at customization. I think we could make an argument for leg armor or at least, allow it provisionally. I.e. you can choose to show leg armor or you can choose to show leg spikes.

Honestly, and this is probably not ever going to happen but imo Blizzard should have created a relatively small set of standardized models for armor for each individual racial model with hooks for 3D elements (with some of them being shared as possible) and work from there instead of just stretching things over widely disparate body types. . .

- - - Updated - - -

"you can make it work, you just have to ignore what is probably the single most popular feature they ever added to WoW".

Also as everyone else gets new armour sets with each new expansion, do you think its likely that they will add more 'underwear' to the model in the future?
    I expect them to be unpopular and entirely ignored in the future.
    I don't disagree. I think Evoker will be unpopular for multiple reasons (not solo friendly, midrange style doesn't seem worthwhile, fairly poor in pvp as dps) as will Dracthyr primarily because of the lack of mogs. They should find ways to add at least at least a few more mog slots though it won't be easy (how do you add chests when there are wings?) and bar that they would need to add A LOT more barbershop armor options or find a way to add them as unlockables since part of what people like about mogs is the collectible element.

Just wanted to say that the particular screenshot looked so bad because WoWHead CHOSE to make it look so bad.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-10-10 at 09:27 AM.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey.. they've done things for the Worgen/Undead/Trolls and Pandaren, where the bodies were different than the standard Orc/Human-bodies, with exposed bone/tails/nails... if they can do it for them, they can do it for the Dracthyr!

Wings stop chests as well as backs. Talons would modify both gloves and feet (they might show but they'd show very limited like they do on troll feet). Spike elements pretty much force you to clear that mog slot too if you opt in to them at customization. I think we could make an argument for leg armor or at least, allow it provisionally. I.e. you can choose to show leg armor or you can choose to show leg spikes.

Honestly, and this is probably not ever going to happen but imo Blizzard should have created a relatively small set of standardized models for armor for each individual racial model with hooks for 3D elements (with some of them being shared as possible) and work from there instead of just stretching things over widely disparate body types. . .

- - - Updated - - -

I don't disagree. I think Evoker will be unpopular for multiple reasons (not solo friendly, midrange style doesn't seem worthwhile, fairly poor in pvp as dps) as will Dracthyr primarily because of the lack of mogs. They should find ways to add at least at least a few more mog slots though it won't be easy (how do you add chests when there are wings?) and bar that they would need to add A LOT more barbershop armor options or find a way to add them as unlockables since part of what people like about mogs is the collectible element.

Just wanted to say that the particular screenshot looked so bad because WoWHead CHOSE to make it look so bad.
    Chest armor is just texture over the model. The wings can come through it in the back with no problem. Boots would work just like on trolls, taurens, draeneis and worgen. Gloves don't need any adjustments, or in worst case they could leave the hands untextured like the feet on those afromentioned races.

And I don't think WoWhead chose that Dracthyr to purposefully make them look bad. They used minimum customization model to show how the armor looks on Dracthyr which just happens to be objectively bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Just have the wings stick through the back of the chestpiece, no one would care.

"But X body feature doesn't work with transmog" is a shit argument when its Blizzard itself that designed their model to have X body feature.

I don't care that the current body doesn't work well with transmog, I'm saying they shouldn't have made a model that doesn't work well with tramog. That is entirely on them.
    They actively chose to make a model that cannot use transmogs.
    At some point in the design process someone said "but what about the extremely popular transmog feature" and whoever was in charge of the design said "fuck it, I want an anorexic dragon hybrid with spikey forearms"

Just have the wings stick through the back of the chestpiece, no one would care.

"But X body feature doesn't work with transmog" is a shit argument when its Blizzard itself that designed their model to have X body feature.

I don't care that the current body doesn't work well with transmog, I'm saying they shouldn't have made a model that doesn't work well with tramog. That is entirely on them.
    They actively chose to make a model that cannot use transmogs.
    Are we really arguing about whether a dragon race should have had wings???

No, because the wings should be a separate texture model from the chest itself so they don't interfere with transmog, expect that they stick out of the back, which would be fine.

If transmog doesn't work with their legs and arms (not even counting feet/hands) then yes I blame that on them.

I mean Dracthyr wings are mostly just for cosmetics, because it is only poorly reflected in real game mechanics (Soar cooldown, no double jump like DH although Dracthyr wings should be better than DH wings etc.), so I don't think this argument is as strong as it could be.

On another note, to make the transmog / tier set fiasco less problematic: let me play in visage form in combat (e.g. through a glyph) and only turn me into a Dracthyr for specific skills (Breath abilities, Hover) like Eye Beam does for DH. So they can avoid several problematic scenarios and everybody could be satisfied (except people that want full armor in Dracthyr form). In my opinion, everything about Dracthyr is just ugly: the animations are terrible, the entire body looks weird and their movement is wonky at best. I still love the idea of the class, but the execution is so so so so so so poor, it's shameful.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    If only they had gone with the usual Asian style half-human half dragon looking races (like Mink from Dragon Half or the dragon girls from Princess Connect) and allowed them to be all classes with full transmog, you'd have hordes of motherfuckers flocking back to this game in droves.

They didn't even go with the cute scaly style either (like the cute furry style with Pandaren and Vulpera), these guys went with the more sexless bare bones degenerate style scalies of the fandom

Such a huge missed opportunity.....
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

It's not that the wings exist, it's that they created them in a way that doesn't function well with current cosmetics.
    If they created the dracthyr form to be a cooldown form like demon hunter, it would be a lot less divisive. Possibly even a win since almost no other class get transformation customization.

I would have much rather evoker be a class for every race with a few additions to customization. It's already dragon-light in concept so let me have my customization and let me be a badass 'dragon' every 3mins when my cooldown is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidling View Post
    It's not that the wings exist, it's that they created them in a way that doesn't function well with current cosmetics.
    If they created the dracthyr form to be a cooldown form like demon hunter, it would be a lot less divisive. Possibly even a win since almost no other class get transformation customization.

I would have much rather evoker be a class for every race with a few additions to customization. It's already dragon-light in concept so let me have my customization and let me be a badass 'dragon' every 3mins when my cooldown is ready.
    I mean my preference was for Wrathion to find a clutch of viable chromatic eggs and for us to be playing an actual DRAKE (pick your race as a visage form, obviously give tank and melee specs together with healer and rdps for 4 spec class).

I really like the Evoker and have made several mogs that work just fine with the Visage/Barber shop armor like this:

That being said, the tier set is a complete miss from a design perspective. I tried REAL hard but the primalist design clashes horribly with both the elegant design of the barber shop armor and its colour scheme.

And wearing just the shoulder/belt buckle looks silly af, even though the Wowhead example IS made to look as silly as possible as well.

I would say that while Evoker likely has some limitations that make transmog difficult it's not like they couldn't have tried a bit harder to make it work.

Back slots are probably impossible now that more than cloaks exist, but cheat pieces could absolutely work, same with pants. Hands and feet are a bit of a grey area, but hardly insurmountable compared to Tauren or Draenei.

Feels like the developers are hiding behind the cosmetic options and visage form in order to avoid having to deal with transmog.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    And wearing just the shoulder/belt buckle looks silly af, even though the Wowhead example IS made to look as silly as possible as well.
    Yeah the shaman shoulder armor from ToS is a MUST HAVE for evokers in all colors. Helps that both shoulders and belt from that armor drop as an offset piece from the same boss (and it's not from KJ who is still a mess to do on Mythic). And Bronze Dracthyr with Waist of Time just fits.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-10-10 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I really like the Evoker and have made several mogs that work just fine with the Visage/Barber shop armor like this:

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/mDGSwDh/unknown-36.png[IMG]

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/tJzDTvc/unknown-32.png[IMG]

That being said, the tier set is a complete miss from a design perspective. I tried REAL hard but the primalist design clashes horribly with both the elegant design of the barber shop armor and its colour scheme.

It's not that it could work, and for players who are really into transmog it's a decent challenge, but thats exactly the thing, it's a challenge.
    It's the same issue as Mechagnomes. Yes it's possible to make amazing transmog that makes you look amazing. But why should transmog be a challenge?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I even understand that not all armor from the past will work for Evoker, but the friggin tier set they just designed brand new? Hell, the entire tier set should work in Dracthyr form and if that makes problems, give them a unique new tier set Dracthyr model or whatever. This solution is just pure lazyness.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I even understand that not all armor from the past will work for Evoker, but the friggin tier set they just designed brand new? Hell, the entire tier set should work in Dracthyr form and if that makes problems, give them a unique new tier set Dracthyr model or whatever. This solution is just pure lazyness.
    I'd argue there is no solution offered tbh.