Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    It didn't really bug me until BFA, which added like 6 new Zidormi zones, at this point it's extremely telling that the world needs to be kept up to date.
    The entire reason Zidormi exists is because people don't want to lose the old version.

So, if anything, her popping up is a sign that Blizzard is doing updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    Was hoping they would do that with Shadowlands and the writing team would show some balls by either killing a lot of main story characters or leaving them behind as resolved completely.

No such luck. At least the game itself has been relatively fun.
    With classic in place and sooner or later BC, Blizzard has the opportunity now to change the EK/K world for a new xpac in a much bigger way than cata. Plus theres chromie time in retail wow now, given you the chance to experience every xpac and the world(s). The leveling from 1-60 in retail dont make sense whatsoever if you are a new player and everyone has freedom in what to explore while leveling.

They could make a new xpac were EK/K is changed drastically with an all new level experience, they can even make that as a leveling choice from the beginning. The issue is that we already have that option with cata+people can log classic if they want to experience EK/K zones as they once were.

I would love a EK/K remake, but its a huge undertaking. If they were to update EK/K they could make 5 zones centered around the new xpac theme, while fixing up the other zones for leveling from 1.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The entire reason Zidormi exists is because people don't want to lose the old version.

So, if anything, her popping up is a sign that Blizzard is doing updates.
    I guess. I'd rather them update the entire continent at once and keep the old stuff in Chromie Time.

I guess. I'd rather them update the entire continent at once and keep the old stuff in Chromie Time.
    Because that worked out so well in Cata. And, well, that's essentially Zidormi's job anyway. They might need a somewhat more robust system if it becomes significantly more common, though.

Because that worked out so well in Cata.
    Cata destroyed the old world and had no way of going back. With the new leveling system the current continents would be preserved with the Cataclysm timeline. They could make more radical changes this way, like entire zones being merged or changed.

Cata destroyed the old world and had no way of going back. With the new leveling system the current continents would be preserved with the Cataclysm timeline. They could make more radical changes this way, like entire zones being merged or changed.
    That was not the big problem with Cata, though. That was mostly that the update took vastly more resources than it was worth.

That was not the big problem with Cata, though. That was mostly that the update took vastly more resources than it was worth.
    To be more specific it is that the resources were spent on essentially just changing the level 1-60 experience. The 80-85 levelling was an almost entirely new areas, with the endgame change really just being that you could fly.

A new world revamp would firstly have to be endgame focused, not just revamping for the sake of it. Rotating world quests is a possibility some players have pointed out, another is that you do t need entirely new zones, max level content could be in old revamped zones.

What might be the hardest pill to swallow though is no flying. There isn't much point in revamping if it will just end up mostly a blur as you afk fly from one area to the next.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Yeah basically what Sondrelk said, the updated continents would be the new endgame zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    To be more specific it is that the resources were spent on essentially just changing the level 1-60 experience. The 80-85 levelling was an almost entirely new areas, with the endgame change really just being that you could fly.

A new world revamp would firstly have to be endgame focused, not just revamping for the sake of it. Rotating world quests is a possibility some players have pointed out, another is that you do t need entirely new zones, max level content could be in old revamped zones.

What might be the hardest pill to swallow though is no flying. There isn't much point in revamping if it will just end up mostly a blur as you afk fly from one area to the next.
    Honestly, the biggest problem is probably that it would just be way, way to large a world for an expansion. Stormwind south to Booty Bay might be reasonable. Entire continent? Not really.

Honestly, the biggest problem is probably that it would just be way, way to large a world for an expansion. Stormwind south to Booty Bay might be reasonable. Entire continent? Not really.
    Depends I suppose. The old world is large, but unlike the newer zones they are not heavily detailed.
    While Westfall might be sizeable enough to be an entire zone it is also clearly mostly empty wasteland with a few points of interest.

With as spread out as stuff is in the old world you could easily have several zones take the place of what would be a single zone in a newer expansion.
    A Dark Iron themed area could for instance contain Redridge, badlands and both volcanic zones where they all share a rep and storyline.

- - - Updated - - -

Going even further what Blizzard could do for a revamp is strtaight up just combining zones.
    Remove most of the mountains between searing gorge and burning steppes, now you just have one big volcanic zones instead of 2. Go enve further and combine that with the Badlands and you now have a mostly circular zone.

Could combine Elwynn forest, Duskwood and Westfall into one giant forest zone with a clering on the west side. Or combine Western and Eastern plaguelands into a singe eastweald zone, or Tirisfal, Silverpine and Hillsbrad into Lordaeron.

The sky is the limit, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not really like the idea of combining zones. Just makes the world smaller and I'm sure it would annoy people and I mean yes it technically would be less work for a revamp but..... I dunno about that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I do not really like the idea of combining zones. Just makes the world smaller and I'm sure it would annoy people and I mean yes it technically would be less work for a revamp but..... I dunno about that.
    when I say combine zones I do mostly mean in the sense of several zones doing the same as a single one would now.

You get a calling for helping the Forsaken and you do stuff in either Western plaguelands, eastern plaguelands, Tirisfal or Silverpine. That way you don't have to fill all the zones with somethign entirely unique, nor do you have to sacrifice singular zones simply because yo ucannot fill them.

When I say remove mountains I do just mean flatten them. Same size zones, just less insular.

I mean, it's the same size at the end of the day, I could see it happening. Combining the Barrens back into one again is a good example.

Wow will be heading to the final realm, death or whatever it is called in WoW.

Bwonsamdi's world. We going there next. All the signs point to it.

It cannot be the void, as only a select few people can handle it without succumbing to it. Unless we're all given a token item to do away with the whispers? I highly doubt we'll ever have a void-only expansion.

Would it be cool, though? HELL YEAH
    Last edited by Weeps; 2021-02-10 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    The demon soul wasn't the problem. It was deathwing wielding it.
    Nether Whelp sounds more like BC Classic, while Snowstorm is likely a reference to the Big Blizzard Bear from BlizzCon 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Depends I suppose. The old world is large, but unlike the newer zones they are not heavily detailed.
    While Westfall might be sizeable enough to be an entire zone it is also clearly mostly empty wasteland with a few points of interest.

With as spread out as stuff is in the old world you could easily have several zones take the place of what would be a single zone in a newer expansion.
    A Dark Iron themed area could for instance contain Redridge, badlands and both volcanic zones where they all share a rep and storyline.

- - - Updated - - -

Going even further what Blizzard could do for a revamp is strtaight up just combining zones.
    Remove most of the mountains between searing gorge and burning steppes, now you just have one big volcanic zones instead of 2. Go enve further and combine that with the Badlands and you now have a mostly circular zone.

Could combine Elwynn forest, Duskwood and Westfall into one giant forest zone with a clering on the west side. Or combine Western and Eastern plaguelands into a singe eastweald zone, or Tirisfal, Silverpine and Hillsbrad into Lordaeron.

The sky is the limit, really.
    My thoughts exactly, merging some zones into superzones might be the key to a successful revamp. I really hope that's where we're heading after SL...

7+ Year Old Account
    Just makes the world smaller
    I don't see how that would make the world feel smaller.
    If anything, having huge chunks of each continent be grouped up as one megazone would make the game feel a lot bigger.
    As it would appear as one ginormous zone which you can traverse rather than several tiny ones.

They didn't make Kalimdor feel any bigger by cutting the Barrens in half.

And it's not like they would scale down the zones, they are gonna be just as big as they were before.
    Merely tagged differently when you open your map.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Wow will be heading to the final realm, death or whatever it is called in WoW.

Bwonsamdi's world. We going there next. All the signs point to it.
    Yes, we know that. Shadowlands released last year. The question is where we're going after that.

Yes, we know that. Shadowlands released last year. The question is where we're going after that.
    Shadow Lands is not the final realm. It is limbo of a sort.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Shadow Lands is not the final realm. It is limbo of a sort.

And what exactly makes you think that is the case?

Formerly known as Arafal