Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Kareem Abdul Jabar had some nice insights on that debate; which really wasn't a debate on who should be president, but instead who can gargle Trump's nards the best, possibly to be his VP.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Totes fair and balanced NYPost run by Rupert Murdoch reports that Agent Smith met with Biden nine weeks before the indictment.

"This is clear evidence of both yuge and bigly corruption! Biden ordered the indictment!"

So, Smith put everything together for his entire case in nine weeks?

"Well no, that's clearly impossible, but the fact that they met still means Biden ordered the hit!"

So, Biden ordered the hit after Smith did all the work finding all that objective evidence of Trump's guilt?

"Yes!"

If Smith found all that objective evidence first...why would Biden need to order anything?

"Um...to time the indictment for maximum damage!"

Okay. What about the timing of Smith's indictment was maximum damage?

"Well it's the 2024 election season!"

Trump announced literally one day into it. That doesn't work. What else?

"Well, the debate was coming!"

Trump had already suggested he was going to bail. Heh, bail. What else?

"Um...his anniversary?"

The fact is, there's nothing about this report that suggests Smith did anything other than say "I have all this objective evidence, should I proceed?" and Biden saying either "Yes" or "I leave it up to you" and Smith looked at all that objective evidence and said "Well, he's guilty, so yes." FOX News and the rabid fanbase will start howling about how this is all evidence of it being rigged, but only because they either are incapable of understanding context, or do understand but are lying anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Kareem Abdul Jabar had some nice insights on that debate; which really wasn't a debate on who should be president, but instead who can gargle Trump's nards the best, possibly to be his VP.
    I honestly did not realize that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was not just a writer, but a good writer who has won awards for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even as we continue searching for answers, we must say clearly and forcefully that white supremacy has no place in America.

We must refuse to live in a country where Black families going to the store or Black students going to school live in fear of being gunned down because of the color of their skin. Hate must have no safe harbor. Silence is complicity and we must not remain silent. Jill and I are praying for the victims and their families, and we grieve with the people of Jacksonville.
    -- President Joe Biden

-- President Joe Biden
    "Joe Biden attacks America by calling Republicans white supremacists" - Future Fox News segment/article

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

https://themessenger.com/politics/wh...um=latest_news

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre was surprised when she was asked by a reporter Monday if President Joe Biden plans on trying to limit Americans to two beers a week.

Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy asked Jean-Pierre at a press briefing about recent comments from the director of the National Institute Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism that the U.S. may soon change its guidelines to recommend Americans consume no more than two alcoholic drinks per week.

"I have another question that you probably were not expecting. Does President Biden want to limit Americans to two beers a week?" Doocy asked a stunned Jean-Pierre who has just told him she had "missed" him.

"Where is this coming from? Maybe I didn't miss you so much. Where is this coming from?" Jean-Pierre asked with a laugh.

"Dr. George Koob, who is the Director of National Institute Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, says the U.S. may soon follow Canada and recommend just two beers a week," Doocy responded. "How do you guys think that's going to go over?"
    I'm honestly not sure why Doocy is still allowed to be a member of the White House press corps. The man is deeply, breathtakingly stupid and dishonest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://themessenger.com/politics/wh...um=latest_news

I'm honestly not sure why Doocy is still allowed to be a member of the White House press corps. The man is deeply, breathtakingly stupid and dishonest.
    Asking that stupid a question should be enough for an ethics panel to be convened and remove his press credentials.

Jesus fuck, the difference between health recommendations and regulatory law is fucking massive and clear, Dookie. Stop shitting out your own mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Asking that stupid a question should be enough for an ethics panel to be convened and remove his press credentials.

Jesus fuck, the difference between health recommendations and regulatory law is fucking massive and clear, Dookie. Stop shitting out your own mouth.
    BIDEN IS COMING FER UR BEER!

I do hope he's treated as a pariah by the rest of the press corps at least. I wish I could be that stupid and incompetent and have a good paying job like that. Granted he gets paid specifically to be that stupid, incompetent, and dishonesty by Fox News, but all the same it's still deeply annoying.

not so breaking as this is over a week old, but turns out the Trump admin's DOJ made arguments that there is no constitutional right to a stable climate. oh wait? I'm sorry, I meant currently sitting, Democratic president Biden's DOJ.

https://jacobin.com/2023/08/joe-bide...-julianna-v-us

boy sure must be tough being the most progressive president in terms of addressing climate change when you conveniently don't think people have a right to clean water and breathable air.

to be fair to Ol' Joe it's the same MO both his predecessors had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    not so breaking as this is over a week old, but turns out the Trump admin's DOJ made arguments that there is no constitutional right to a stable climate. oh wait? I'm sorry, I meant currently sitting, Democratic president Biden's DOJ.

https://jacobin.com/2023/08/joe-bide...-julianna-v-us

boy sure must be tough being the most progressive president in terms of addressing climate change when you conveniently don't think people have a right to clean water and breathable air.

Pushing for climate change initiatives is one thing. That Biden has done.

Pushing some sort of “it’s illegal to have an unstable climate” thing and then bitching when there isn’t solid legal precedent to stop… the climate being bad(?)… is just… bitching.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I see.

Well, since you seem to disagree, perhaps you can tell me the part of the Constitution that makes the federal government liable for damages caused by the Earth's environment and not, say, Exxon or China?

Because that's the basis of the lawsuit. The children filing it simply have no legal standing. Biden might also oppose, say, youth smoking, but if I sued the country for it, that case would be opposed and thrown out, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see.

Well, since you seem to disagree, perhaps you can tell me the part of the Constitution that makes the federal government liable for damages caused by the Earth's environment and not, say, Exxon or China?

Because that's the basis of the lawsuit. The children filing it simply have no legal standing. Biden might also oppose, say, youth smoking, but if I sued the country for it, that case would be opposed and thrown out, too.
    Add on top of that… is the cattle industry not responsible for climate change via cow methane? How about airlines burning jet fuel? And myriad of other industries that contribute to global climate change.

The lawsuit never had a chance.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2023-08-29 at 05:48 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

https://today.yougov.com/topics/econ...number-us-jobs

some doom posting for you all, literally based on every economic metric it should be an easy sweep for DEms, but unfortunatey the electorate is stu...informationally challenged

10+ Year Old Account

Doocy isn't stupid, he's owned. His job is not to ask questions, his job is to generate content for Fox News and other even filthier rags. They're not quite able to make up news from nothing without getting sued out of business. But once Doocy asks the question, that generates coverage, which can then be misrepresented, and then they can quote the misrepresentations without putting themselves back in the hotseat.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Pushing for climate change initiatives is one thing. That Biden has done.

Pushing some sort of “it’s illegal to have an unstable climate” thing and then bitching when there isn’t solid legal precedent to stop… the climate being bad(?)… is just… bitching.

I mean its a David Sirota article in JAcobin.
    Sirota's whole grift is ratfucking Dems during elections. Then selling his newsletter on why dems are betraying him. He spent 2020 saying Biden was going to gut medicare... then a few months ago how Biden betrayed the rail workers...

There's a whole cottage of these guys that offer nothing but resentment poisoning. Just MAGA for the very online left.
    Their online fanbois ... just want to shock their conservative parents, but are too chickenshit to get a nose ring.
    Government Affiliated Snark

I get your point. This goes with the post @Edge posted about Gold Star Family. We legitimized Fox so much that they can lie and not even be close to a news organizaiton w/o impunity. Better yet they learned and know the one who cries the loudest gets the most attention. Thus they will play the victim that the President and news quickly shut up.

By letting Fox fester, the Republicans know the power and I guess we are might be at the part is if they kick Douchey then next Prez kicks whoever. Didn't Trump do that for a someone for awhile, I think? Listen, I shit on Dems all the time for playing the decorum role and being nice, so maybe my reason here is not the best.

So they get to say this dumb shit and tie it back to thread, hype Hunter Biden that they will never have to report the news and create content for at least 40% of our population.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...e-iii-00113493

The Biden administration’s Department of Health and Human Services is recommending that the Drug Enforcement Agency significantly loosen federal restrictions on marijuana but stopped short of advising that it should be entirely removed from the Controlled Substances Act.

The health agency wants the drug moved from Schedule I to Schedule III under the CSA, potentially the biggest change in federal drug policy in decades.

HHS Assistant Secretary of Health Rachel Levine wrote in a Tuesday letter to the DEA, first reported by Bloomberg News, that the recommendation was based on a review conducted by the Food and Drug Administration.

The DEA confirmed the recommendation to POLITICO.

“As part of this process, HHS conducted a scientific and medical evaluation for consideration by DEA. DEA has the final authority to schedule or reschedule a drug under the Controlled Substances Act,” a spokesperson for the agency said in a statement. “DEA will now initiate its review.”

The HHS letter is part of the official review process initiated by President Joe Biden last October: The FDA conducts the review, which is then sent to the National Institute on Drug Abuse and HHS, after which HHS transmits a letter of recommendation to the DEA. The DEA is not required to follow HHS’s recommendation.

The White House on Wednesday refused to comment on the review process.

“The administration process is an independent process led by HHS, led by the Department of Justice, and guided by evidence,” White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters. “We’re just not going to comment on that.”

Federal law has failed to keep up with massive changes over the last decade in state cannabis policies. Twenty three states now allow anyone at least 21 years old to legally posses the drug, while 38 states have established medical marijuana programs.

The response to the news from the cannabis industry was ebullient.

“We believe that rescheduling to Schedule III will mark the most significant federal cannabis reform in modern history,” said Edward Conklin, executive director of the US Cannabis Council, an advocacy and trade group. “President Biden is effectively declaring an end to Nixon’s failed war on cannabis and placing the nation on a trajectory to end prohibition.”

Key context: Cannabis is currently a Schedule I substance on the CSA, which means it is deemed to have a high likelihood of abuse and no medical uses. Heroin and LSD are also Schedule I drugs. Schedule III drugs are categorized as having “moderate to low potential for physical and psychological dependence.” The category includes ketamine and testosterone.

The HHS recommendation is the result of a nearly yearlong federal review of all available marijuana research. Biden’s executive action — which also included federal pardons for low-level marijuana convictions — was seen by many as a political move taken ahead of the midterm elections to incentivize turnout among younger and more progressive voters.

At the time, advocates and some lawmakers urged Biden to take clear steps to remove cannabis completely from the CSA — versus rescheduling it. Legalization advocates on Wednesday reiterated that rescheduling would not solve many of the problem they’ve been asking the Biden administration to correct.

“Rescheduling cannabis from 1 to 3 does not end criminalization, it just rebrands it. People will still be subject to criminal penalties for mere possession, regardless of their legal status in a state-level medical program,” cannabis advocate Justin Strekal told POLITICO on Wednesday.
    We might be saying, "Thanks, dank Robinette." pretty soon.

Not legalizing or decriminalizing necessarily, but moving to schedule 3 has long been a big stepping stone towards those ends.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The fact that it was ever a Schedule 1 Drug to begin with is fucking nuts. It's on the same level as meth. Now, I don't know about y'all, but I have noticed a significant difference between meth users and marijuana users.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The fact that it was ever a Schedule 1 Drug to begin with is fucking nuts. It's on the same level as meth. Now, I don't know about y'all, but I have noticed a significant difference between meth users and marijuana users.
    It was set as Schedule 1 intentionally so they could use it to put more non whites in prison,the first drug czar Harry Anslinger was a racist piece of shit.

Biden administration announces 10 drugs targeted for Medicare price negotiation

In a move to lessen drug costs Biden is actually using his power to lower 10 popular drug prices to lower costs under the Inflation Reduction plan. You know make drug prices cheaper so people can afford them.

Thank goodness nobody will oppose this. Ahh, Republicans and BIG Pharma oppose this.

In a classic statement by top pharmaceutical trade group says this:

Today's announcement is the result of a rushed process focused on short-term political gain rather than what is best for patients.

So let's break this down. Well and funny enough like student loan YES you pass legislation or policies for politics. I mean that is politics? Plus, this is how you get people to support your party and vote. Second, even more classic is best for patients. So paying less is not best for patients?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!