7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That is some clickbait bullshit, MSN.

Also, I have not seen even one suggesting Michelle Obama wants to run. Maybe I missed it? But I can't remember a single time.
    They do this every election cycle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Biden walking the UAW picket lines is pretty fucking cool. Even if it's just a PR move it's a damn good one.

Meanwhile Trump is struggling to triangulate on the growing labor movement but can't offer any real support to unions because he's a fucking Republican.

We'll see if it actually moves the needle, though. Lot of dumbass Republican chuds still think the GOP is pro-working class despite the endless amount of evidence to the contrary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Biden walking the UAW picket lines is pretty fucking cool
    The NYTimes article mocking Trump I cited basically said "most Presidents arrive to negotiate, Biden is taking a side".

15+ Year Old Account
    It's too bad that the MSM, even left-leaning outlets, are pretty dogshit on covering labor issues since they're still beholden to capital.

That is some clickbait bullshit, MSN.

Also, I have not seen even one suggesting Michelle Obama wants to run. Maybe I missed it? But I can't remember a single time.
    She has explicitly said she has absolutely no interest in the office in at least 3-4 interviews I've heard with her (most recently on Conan's podcast). I'm sure many Democrats would love for her to run, and many GOP fear her running, but it's not happening.

Cruz said. “I think they’re gonna look to Michelle Obama as the savior to come in. And I think if that happens, that would be very, very dangerous. And every time I see a Democrat or one of their puppets in the press beginning to point out the problems with Joe Biden — every time that happens, the chances of that go up and up and up.”
    Fuck, I don't think ive seen anything funnier today than Ted Cruz calling ANYONE else a puppet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    She has explicitly said she has absolutely no interest in the office in at least 3-4 interviews I've heard with her (most recently on Conan's podcast). I'm sure many Democrats would love for her to run, and many GOP fear her running, but it's not happening.
    B-B-B-But the Obamas want their Dynasty. First Barrack, then Michelle, than each of their Daughters in turn.

I've seen a number of Republicans fearmongering about her running, if that counts.

But as for Michelle Obama herself, I believe she's been quite clear in the past that she has no interest whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    God if only the DNC were smart enough to do something like this. Ignoring that Michelle Obama has no desire to run this wouldn't happen. But Cruz is right about one thing - if it were to happen I feel pretty confident she's trounce Trump.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    God if only the DNC were smart enough to do something like this. Ignoring that Michelle Obama has no desire to run this wouldn't happen. But Cruz is right about one thing - if it were to happen I feel pretty confident she's trounce Trump.
    They'd be smart to...ditch the incumbent president right before the official nomination and nominate someone else entirely who was never in the race to begin with at the convention?

What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They'd be smart to...ditch the incumbent president right before the official nomination and nominate someone else entirely who was never in the race to begin with at the convention?
    Actually, having the Obamas endorse Biden would help. Yes, it's implied, but it would be a huge cheering moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

What?
    To reframe - ditch the incumbent president with extremely low approval ratings and large concerns about his age with a candidate who is highly popular.

Biden is not a strong candidate. I don't think you disagree with that part at least.

But to get to what I'm guessing is underneath - the DNC pulling this sort of move undermining the voting base would likely come with backlash.

But on the surface it's a good move. Just from a popularity perspective.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden, during tribute to Gen. Milley, says government shutdown would be 'dereliction of duty' to US troops

From FOX News, *ding* for Milley and *ding* for shutdown, if they're going to put two stories in one headline I'm taking a point for each.

If the House fails to fulfill its most basic function, if it fails to fund government by tomorrow, we will have failed all our troops. Our service members will keep upholding their oath. Showing up for work. Standing sentinel around the world. Keeping our country secure. But they won't get paid. It's a disgrace.

If the House fails to fulfill its most basic function, if it fails to fund government by tomorrow, we will have failed all our troops. Our service members will keep upholding their oath. Showing up for work. Standing sentinel around the world. Keeping our country secure. But they won't get paid. It's a disgrace.
    "How dare Biden politicize this retirement!"

Trump ordered him killed. Biden gets a pass for this epic troll move.

During his tenure as chairman, Mark has been a steady hand guiding our military as we navigate what I would argue is one of the most complex security environments our world has faced in a long time. He's been critical to strengthen America's existing alliances from NATO to the Indo-Pacific, to building, to new strategic partnerships like AUKUS keeping our force at a cutting edge in the fields of cyber and space.

Ending America's longest war and continuing to take terrorists off the battlefield. Standing with the brave people of Ukraine, making sure they have the equipment, the support they need when they need it, to defend their freedom
    One more *ding* for Space Force. If Trump made a big deal about it, it counts as a story for FOX News.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden orders flags to half-mast for Feinstein.

As a mark of respect for the memory of Senator Dianne Feinstein, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, on the day of interment

Clinton has also spoken.

I'm deeply saddened by the passing of Dianne Feinstein. She blazed trails for women in politics and found a life's calling in public service. I'll miss her greatly as a friend and colleague and send my condolences to all who loved her.
    So far, Trump has been silent. Well, no, he's giving a speech right now, but he's said nothing about Feinstein.

His rabid fanbase has been less silent, but you already know what they're saying. It's deplorable.

Wait? An elected official doing his job to help and prevent disaster? Where does this Joe Biden think he is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Garland was asked on 60 Minutes how he would react if Biden told him to go after Trump.

Resign
    The AP gives more details but you get the idea.

Attorney General Merrick Garland said in an interview that aired Sunday that he would resign if asked by President Joe Biden to take action against Trump. But he doesn’t think he’ll be put in that position.

“I am sure that that will not happen, but I would not do anything in that regard,” he said on CBS “60 Minutes.” “And if necessary, I would resign. But there is no sense that anything like that will happen.”

Garland has spoken only sparingly about the cases and reiterated Sunday he would not get into specifics, but dismissed claims by Trump and his supporters that the cases were timed to ruin his chances to be president in 2024.

“Well, that’s absolutely not true. Justice Department prosecutors are nonpartisan. They don’t allow partisan considerations to play any role in their determinations,” Garland said.

Garland said the president has never tried to meddle in the investigations, and he dismissed criticism from Republicans that he was going easy on the president’s son, Hunter, who was recently indicted on a gun charge after a plea deal in his tax case fell apart. Hunter Biden is due in a Delaware court this week.

We do not have one rule for Republicans and another rule for Democrats. We don’t have one rule for foes and another for friends,” he said. ”We have only one rule; and that one rule is that we follow the facts and the law, and we reach the decisions required by the Constitution, and we protect civil liberties.”

Garland choked up when talking about his concerns over violence, particularly as judges and prosecutors assigned to the Trump cases got death threats.

“People can argue with each other as much as they want and as vociferously as they want. But the one thing they may not do is use violence and threats of violence to alter the outcome,” he said. “American people must protect each other. They must ensure that they treat each other with civility and kindness, listen to opposing views, argue as vociferously as they want, but refrain from violence and threats of violence. That’s the only way this democracy will survive.
    "Surely Garland is a lying partisan hack! Biden clearly gave him direct instructions and they're both denying it!"

Interesting. Can you back that up with literally anything other than "Trump said so"?

"No, it's just obvious! He's going after Trump who is clearly innocent!"

The trials aren't over, most haven't started. How do you know Trump is innocent?

"Because Trump said so!"

Tell you what, you find the text or email or whatever that demonstrates your claim, like the texts and emails Agent Smith, NY and GA have. Then come back. Until then, we have someone overseeing a criminal being charged with crimes, which is only proof they're doing their job.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s something for House Republicans to figure out. What the president’s going to continue to do is deliver for the American people
    -- the WH official position on the McCarthy-Gaetz thing

10+ Year Old Account
    WH press briefing interrupted by loud screeching noise on dozens of phones all at once.

“Well, it works,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said when the test interrupted questions at the press briefing. She noted that the test of the Integrated Public Alert and Warning System happens at least once every three years.

The alarms prompted chuckles, and the noise continued throughout the White House press corps working area after the briefing as reporters who turned off their phones to attempt to avoid hearing the noise during the briefing turned them back on.
    - - - Updated - - -

Biden administration waives 26 federal laws to allow border wall construction in South Texas

"Whoa, that sounds really out of character."

The Department of Homeland Security posted the announcement on the U.S. Federal Registry with few details outlining the construction in Starr County, Texas, which is part of a busy Border Patrol sector seeing “high illegal entry.” According to government data, about 245,000 illegal entries have been recorded in this region during the current fiscal year.

“There is presently an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States in the project areas,” Alejandro Mayorkas, the DHS secretary, stated in the notice.
    Yeah, remember how Republicans kept saying that Biden should be impeached for ignoring the border crisis? Boom.

- - - Updated - - -

We have an answer to the unusual Biden border wall move: he was required by law to do so.

“The money was appropriated for the border wall. I tried to get them to reappropriate, to redirect that money. They didn’t. They wouldn’t,” he said. “In the meantime, there’s nothing under the law other than they have to use the money for what it was appropriated for. I can’t stop that.”

Biden was asked whether he thought the border wall was effective and responded “no.”

This is seems confusing to me.

President Biden explains why border wall construction has begun in Texas citing this was already appropriated money for it. He also responded "no" to a question on whether border walls work.

Okay money appropriated. But how? Was this in the last budget? Likely I'm not breaking down the budget and sure the Republicans had to have some wall spending in there.

The Biden administration announces that it waived 26 federal laws in south Texas to permit more construction for the border wall after pressure from top Democratic officials to address the influx of migrants in the past year.

So this is the bullshit right here. He waved 26 laws which from reading has to do with environmental and people, places getting displaced. So he is doing the Republicans bidding? I mean if money is appropriated but you have to skirt or kill the laws the Eff It. Don't do it.

So he is going to build the wall. Trump will take credit and call Biden a cuck. Then conservatives will shit on Dems for being soft. I swear.

Sidenote: Yes fix any "crisis" you see at the border but do it through laws that Democrats deem fit.

- - - Updated - - -

BREAKING - PART ONE: Karine Jean-Pierre struggles to explain why the Biden admin is now building the border wall, the same wall it blasted Trump for. Her explanation is that the Republicans have refused to reallocate the funds for the wall since 2019, now, four to five years later, Biden has to comply with the law and build physical barriers. Asked whether Biden is breaking his promises to voters not to build a border wall, his press secretary says he's complying with the law because the Republicans have failed to do the right thing. WATCH

ROFL! LIb shit Democrats. Hey people we have to play by the rules. Let's be civil people (while getting your teeth kicked in). This funding is from 2019?? Who says he has to comply. You think Republicans would comply of spending on some social program from 5 years ago. Effin Dems man!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    ROFL! LIb shit Democrats. Hey people we have to play by the rules. Let's be civil people (while getting your teeth kicked in). This funding is from 2019?? Who says he has to comply. You think Republicans would comply of spending on some social program from 5 years ago. Effin Dems man!
    "They break the rules so we should too!" is just a fucking stupid take.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    "They break the rules so we should too!" is just a fucking stupid take.
    It's increasingly hard to avoid the conclusion that people really just want a strong singular leader without too many limitations, on both sides of the isle. They don't say this explicitly (well Republicans do a bit more often), but that's the throughline.

As if we don't have a very, very, very, very long history of that being a pretty bad idea and all.