Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    hm well now you're into "sky is falling" territory. I think Breccia's already covered that angle pretty well. the "Jim Crow 2.0" wont help in every situation or state even and has the potential for huge backlash as we've already seen. its a desperate play.
    I am telling you how the sky really is you don't want to hear my sky is falling scenario, I get it you are an optimist which frankly is a miracle after what we've seen in the last 4 years. The GOP hasn't made any appeal to anyone outside their base, most of them are backing Trump for 2024.

There are hundreds of congress people who came in because they mimicked Trump, he isn't going away he is the party now unless something major changes that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I am telling you how the sky really is you don't want to hear my sky is falling scenario, I get it you are an optimist which frankly is a miracle after what we've seen in the last 4 years. The GOP hasn't made any appeal to anyone outside their base, most of them are backing Trump for 2024.

There are hundreds of congress people who came in because they mimicked Trump, he isn't going away he is the party now unless something major changes that.
    A lot will depend on actual performance and who will be Democratic presidential candidate 2024. I really don't think it will be Biden, because 82 years old president is really pushing it and I bet he'd step aside himself simply for the sake of the country.

Imo Dems need to start pushing forward a strong, energetic and young(er) successor with good image and vibe. Harris maybe, who knows.

I also think that it's a mistake to count Trump as done, he can indeed return with vengeance in 2024 and he has the numbers for it. I think that Republicans too need to put forward someone younger and more appealing, but I don't know if they can, seeing Trump indicates he wants 2024.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-04-29 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    A lot will depend on actual performance and who will be Democratic presidential candidate 2024. I really don't think it will be Biden, because 82 years old president is really pushing it and I bet he'd step aside himself simply for the sake of the country.

Imo Dems need to start pushing forward a strong, energetic and young(er) successor with good image and vibe. Harris maybe, who knows.

I also think that it's a mistake to count Trump as done, he can indeed return with vengeance in 2024 and he has the numbers for it.
    The GOP right now exists in its own bubble it really does not matter what democrats do because right wing media dictates their thinking. The only thing that could happen is Trump going to jail but I find that highly unlikely also there's nothing in the constitution barring convicted felons from holding office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The GOP right now exists in its own bubble it really does not matter what democrats do because right wing media dictates their thinking. The only thing that could happen is Trump going to jail but I find that highly unlikely also there's nothing in the constitution barring convicted felons from holding office.
    Trump going to jail is about as much of a hogwash as "lock her up". Neither will happen.

Trump going to jail is about as much of a hogwash as "lock her up". Neither will happen.
    Hate to say it, but I agree. Not because he doesn’t deserve it or that the DoJ won’t try but because he has grifted enough to keep it tied up in court longer than the life he has left in him.

The only things that would stop that is if they catch him so dead to rights that they can shove him in regardless of how much he tries to fight and you could literally have him on video recording of him outright stating the crimes from multiple witnesses at Mar-A-Logo and it would still drag out for years.

The only other thing would be if they froze his assets due to his debts at which point he could get a GoFundMe and enough tards would donate to still let him try.

But can force all his stuff into the light and make sure the debtors get their payment before his kids which would kill that minus what they already have funneled to them unless his tax records show fraud there which is potential to have and is honestly likely.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    but because he has grifted enough to keep it tied up in court longer than the life he has left in him
    This is indeed the main reason. EVEN if they manage to tie him in a direct way with enough actual non-feels evidence to even reach court, the thing will just take so many years you'd have to jail his tombstone, EVEN if he actually gets convicted and there won't be some sort of deal instead or outright case dismissed.

He will easily have all the lawyers he will need to drag it for eternity, even if it gets to court, which is big IF.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I found the source for today's "Dems will never accomplish anything ever" posts.

Looks like Cenk Uyger is having a day.

• The Rescue Plan got passed
    • Biden fought to get the Armenian Genocide labeled as such
    • Infrastructure passing soon
    • Free School Lunches

Ya, it's nearly a over now.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Looks like Cenk Uyger is having a day.
    Why do we give a shit about the loser that gets into screaming matches with Alex Jones and gets his ass handed to him thoroughly in a primary, unable to even get double digit votes %'s?

this is what i do whenever i see one of these outrage merchants

why the fuck are all of the internet cunts such hobbits.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/29/polit...ors/index.html

Some good news on the border, which has just been a whole bundle of awful across the board - apparently they're doing a good job of processing unacompanied minors and releasing them, cutting the time they are in custody from around five days to just over a day. I imagine some of this is very much the administration pushing the story through "anonymous sources" and whatnot, but if it's remotely true that's some solid progress over the past month.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    this is what i do whenever i see one of these outrage merchants

why the fuck are all of the internet cunts such hobbits.
    Aw c'mon, man. That's rather sizeist. I'm a diminutive guy m'self but you wouldn't see me peddling the garbage those people do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why do we give a shit about the loser that gets into screaming matches with Alex Jones and gets his ass handed to him thoroughly in a primary, unable to even get double digit votes %'s?
    Yep.

I haven't taken Cenk Uygar seriously for years.
    Putin khuliyo

Belleville News-Democrat: former sheriff’s deputy bragged in texts w/members of alleged extremist group that he’d beaten a Black man he arrested and planned to charge Black Georgians w/felonies to keep them from voting, per FBI:

https://t.co/1KcOn1LKQx https://t.co/iYS9ohdiJ5
    https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...333943814?s=19

So could belong in our 'Police thread', but will talk on voting issue.

So yeah, holy bleep! This sheriff was not only going to illegally apprehend African Americans, but I guess put enough case they get a serious enough time to lose their voting rights.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I also think that it's a mistake to count Trump as done, he can indeed return with vengeance in 2024 and he has the numbers for it. I think that Republicans too need to put forward someone younger and more appealing, but I don't know if they can, seeing Trump indicates he wants 2024.
    The thing about about a 2024 Trump run, the thing that makes me think it isn't likely, is that he hated that job. He hated nearly every single thing about it. It put too much of a spotlight on his personal matters and his business. The only thing he liked about it was that he got to feel important in a very real way. And the things is, right now as the de facto leader of the GOP, he gets that same feeling without any of the responsibility or hassle. People come to him and beg him for his blessing. He still gets to give speeches where people cheer his name and then they pay him for the privilege. So yeah, I don't see him running again in 2024.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    The thing about about a 2024 Trump run, the thing that makes me think it isn't likely, is that he hated that job
    He hated the job, he wanted the power and fame that came from it.

But yeah, it'll be much harder to give a high school pep rally from the inside of a courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He hated the job, he wanted the power and fame that came from it.

But yeah, it'll be much harder to give a high school pep rally from the inside of a courtroom.
    Yeah, I see were you're coming from. Far enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It goes on to say that the federal gov't can supersede the voting laws of states.
    True, which is why absent something like HR-1, no matter how loathsome and blatantly corrupt things like Georgia's new voting laws are, they're likely still constitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    The thing about about a 2024 Trump run, the thing that makes me think it isn't likely, is that he hated that job. He hated nearly every single thing about it. It put too much of a spotlight on his personal matters and his business. The only thing he liked about it was that he got to feel important in a very real way. And the things is, right now as the de facto leader of the GOP, he gets that same feeling without any of the responsibility or hassle. People come to him and beg him for his blessing. He still gets to give speeches where people cheer his name and then they pay him for the privilege. So yeah, I don't see him running again in 2024.
    But to also put this into context, a second term is one where he has nothing to lose from his actions mostly. It is also one where he very well likely won’t survive it due to his age of if he does, won’t be by much.

This is also a guy who tried to offload his job when he got it and also reportedly said he didn’t care about what he did to the deficit because by the time it really mattered he wouldn’t be there.

I can very well see him try again and go like he has nothing to lose and even less responsibilities this time. Probably trying to run with Ivanka as his VP trying to groom her for it next time while giving her all the actual jobs while he is in.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden's speech was interrupted by protests.

"So, naturally he had them thrown out by force?"

Fuck, no. What kind of fat orange sociopath would do that?

Biden was in the process of thanking Georgia voters at the outset of his remarks when protesters could be heard shouting "End detention now" and "Abolish ICE." One protester called out "Our families are dying," and noted that they voted for Biden in the 2020 election.

"I agree with you," Biden called back. "I’m working on it, man. Give me another five days."

"There should be no private prisons, period," Biden added.

buT WhY iS THErE nO BiParTIsaNShiP

Cheney, to her credit, reminded idiots like Jr. that they're both Americans and both government officials ostensibly working towards the same overall goals (American prosperity etc.) despite having different visions for how to get there.

I swear, if that old picture of Schumer and a Republican Senator out sneaking a cigarette while Paul Ryan stopped for a chit-chat in his jogging shorts came out now, they'd have to put Ryan and the Republican in protective custody.