Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    A poster on a forum caring about American affairs does not equal the Romanian or Israeli or Russia or Dutch governments caring about those affairs.

Is that hard to comprehend? Probably for the center of the universe folks.
    You literally spoke in the FIRST PERSON. Is it that hard to comprehend.

So, you do care, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    As already noted: Having a list of people to call on is extremely standard for press conferences. It doesn't mean the people called on know this or that they'll ask softballs - they didn't.

Yeah, Biden just stuck to the script! He's terrible!

Wait...he also called on conservative media and didn't take their bullshit loaded questions?

So is he bad for being a "teleprompter guy" or bad for "going off script"? Or both?

That's not a thing. This is just a conservative fantasy to fuel their hate-boners.
    I'm sure little texas will show us his outrage over that interview trump walk out of because he was asked questions he wasn't prepared for any minute now.
    Last edited by Beefhammer; 2021-08-27 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I'm sure little texas will show is his outrage ove that interview trump walk out of because he was asked questions he wasn't prepared for any minute now.
    Or literally any Fox News interview where they just lob softballs at Trump and ask him how great he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I've yet to see a compelling argument for how Afghanistan departure could have been significantly better. I imagine it could have been better, but some on the right are acting like it could have been perfect without any trouble, damage, or dying. Or that somehow the Taliban would cease to exist and not try to take over.

Seems like they are just living in a fantasy world so they can enjoy attacking Biden. Or even worse, some just want to occupy the country indefinitely.
    It's the latter while being pissed that Biden, a Democrat, stopped the war. Something the constantly claim Dems are against and they are for, despite not stopping this war and failing on Obama for trying to stop it a decade ago.

while we worry about how Joe Biden handles "tough" questions. let's see what's really pressing for some jouros at the WH.

like, I don't even care for Psaki but only "judicial watch" can make her otherwise smug demeanor look totally justified.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-08-27 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's not a thing. This is just a conservative fantasy to fuel their hate-boners.
    Actually it's a conspiracy theory, which is against forum rules. Everyone knows the drill.

I am going to let you in on a little secret.

No one gives a flying fuck about America's internal problems, or your domestic politics, we care about things that affect us.

Virtually all of NATO deployed troops to fight in Afghanistan, if you honestly believe no one cares about the fact we spent twenty years with NOTHING to show for it except piles of dead and the Taliban taking over again your sir are in Wonderland. All the soldiers you've seen from the US that are furious over this whole affair? Think of that but on a NATO level and include governments, military leadership and so on.

But sure, let's talk about January 6th, You think any European leader gives a flying fuck when they go to bed about that, or do you think they care over the fact they have citizens in Afghanistan that they can't get out because Biden royally messed it up.
    Europe doesn't care if the US collapses, falls into a dictatorship or who leads the US? sure buddy

You must be on some very strong drugs if you think the long term viability of the US is not the number one concern for everything if it wasn't our elections wouldn't warrant such coverage. Trump being president pulling out of agreements for shits and giggles is more damaging than pulling out of a place everyone thought we shouldn't be in the first place.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2021-08-27 at 07:37 PM.

or do you think they care over the fact they have citizens in Afghanistan that they can't get out because Biden royally messed it up.
    I mean, what's their excuse for not getting their people out before hand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's utter bullshit, especially coming from known Trumpster shills.

That other poster has started dozens of Trump threads, so it's not as if he's simply accidentally stepped into it. It's all he does. I mean, he's welcome to weigh in, but attempting to swear he doesn't care, when he's literally one of the most common foreign commenters on American issues, simply shows just how disingenuous he is.

We're well past pretending you guys are simply some "unbiased" bystanders, who feel like offering an outside perspective. Nobody has bought that bullshit line for years.
    I think you're a wee bit paranoid, pal.

For a supposed "Trumpster", I am sure am pushing hard for vaccine and following the guidelines and have/had no issues saying Biden's last interview was fine or that Obama is how president should be like, even if I disagree with his foreign policy decisions.

You just have to realize that for people living outside US things are not that black and white (or red and blue) crazy where you have to thing exact same way lest you're some traitor or some shit.

You people need to take a chill pill with this insane tribalism, would do good for your country in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think you're a wee bit paranoid, pal.

For a supposed "Trumpster", I am sure am pushing hard for vaccine and following the guidelines and have/had no issues saying Biden's last interview was fine or that Obama is how president should be like, even if I disagree with his foreign policy decisions.

You just have to realize that for people living outside US things are not that black and white (or red and blue) crazy where you have to thing exact same way lest you're some traitor or some shit.

You people need to take a chill pill with this insane tribalism, would do good for your country in the long run.
    We have actual fucking Nazis (not you) posting in these threads who support vaccines... that isn't saying much.

Its not about thinking the same as me, its about your long-term posting history, pal.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-08-27 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have actual fucking Nazis posting in these threads who support vaccines... that isn't saying much.

Its not about thinking the same as me, its about your long-term posting history, pal.
    0_o

Off to ignore pile you go.

It's really mind-boggling just how invested some people are that they can't even fathom foreign thinking without resorting to absolutely insane accusations based on thin air. No wonder you don't understand foreigners.

The world is just not that crazy of a place US politics and tribalism in is, it's ok we can still think for ourselves as opposed to having to stick to "the one and only true way".

And yes, of course, we foreigners are keenly interested in what is happening in US, because after all there is a long-term effect on allies there. And I see no issue with us giving our inputs either as we see it, it's not against the rules.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-08-27 at 08:05 PM.

0_o

Off to ignore pile you go.

It's really mind-boggling just how invested some people are that they can't even fathom foreign thinking without resorting to absolutely insane accusations based on thin air. No wonder you don't understand foreigners.

The world is just not that crazy of a place US politics and tribalism in is, it's ok we can still think for ourselves as opposed to having to stick to "the one and only true way".
    You act as if this is supposed to hurt me in any way. Peole can think for themselves, I simply do not attribute such qualities to you.

This is what happens when you spend years shilling for Trump, you will be judged for your actions.

You act as if this is supposed to hurt me in any way. Peole can think for themselves, I simply do not attribute such qualities to you.

This is what happens when you spend years shilling for Trump, you will be judged for your actions.
    ...Are you sure you're not mixing them up with someone else? Because as much as I've disagreed with some things Gaidax has said in the past I can't recall a time they were like "Whooo, Trump #1!". Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    ...Are you sure you're not mixing them up with someone else? Because as much as I've disagreed with some things Gaidax has said in the past I can't recall a time they were like "Whooo, Trump #1!". Ah well.
    Yes, I know who I'm talking about. He's certainly not as overt as dudes like Sulla, but his Trump support is not in question.

Yes, I know who I'm talking about. He's certainly not as overt as dudes like Sulla, but his Trump support is not in question.
    I think his stance has been Trump is a insane idiot but he is giving Israel everything it wants so whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people understood Afghanistan wasn't winnable, at least not how it was fought for almost twenty years.

Still losing a twenty year old conflict in which virtually all of America allies fought, in one of the top 3 most expensive wars the US has ever fought ( Iraq and WW2 were more expensive, WW2 by a factor of 4 ), especially HOW it was lost with the Afghan government collapsing even before the US withdrew in 10 days after the fall of the first provincial capital? Couple that with an absolutely disastrous withdrawal?

Yeah that's going to have enormous consequences globally for the United States.
    That's the thing. It wasn't a war, so we didn't "lose" it. We didn't declare war on Afghanistan. We didn't declare war on the Taliban.

We nominally achieved the objectives for which we went in the first place. That doesn't necessarily mean that it was worth it, in the end.

But it also doesn't mean that there will be "enormous consequences" for the US, and anyone thinking so is just being naive.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I think his stance has been Trump is a insane idiot but he is giving Israel everything it wants so whatever.
    Which may be even worse in some ways.

It's a purely selfish mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    'Zactly.

I don't mind US citizens putting an ape on the throne as long as it benefits my home country.

I think his C19 policy, his Twitter and demeanor were atrocious. On the flipside I think that bailing out of Iran's deal was good and needed. And I most certainly enjoyed his administration's activity in case of Abraham accords that normalized relations for Israel with a few Arab states.

It is really a mixed bag, but he was good for my country and I can't deny him of that because some people here think he's Satan incarnate or because he's a shameless brute.

Now Biden specifically - I don't mind, he's a very moderate Dem and part of the old guard who still know what's what in the world. I think he brings a modicum of normalcy to US outward appearance and his actions in regards to C19 are correct. I do think that he bungled up Afghanistan withdrawal and the fallout is only really starting. And for me it a sore point not because "Biden bad", but because it's considerably closer to me than it is to US or even EU. The last thing I'd be happy about is US bailing on supposed allies just like that, because we happen to be in same boat there.

In my opinion it is a first serious blunder he did during his presidency. I also think that he's probably way too old for the job.

In my opinion anyone older than 70 should not be a president to begin with, the body just can't handle this and this can adversely affect millions. I'm sure that we will have (acting) President Harris before long.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-08-27 at 08:57 PM.

'Zactly.

I don't mind US citizens putting an ape on the throne as long as it benefits my home country.

I think his C19 policy, his Twitter and demeanor were atrocious. On the flipside I think that bailing out of Iran's deal was good and needed. And I most certainly enjoyed his administration's activity in case of Abraham accords that normalized relations for Israel with a few Arab states.

It is really a mixed bag, but he was good for my country and I can't deny him of that because some people here think he's Satan incarnate or because he's a shameless brute.

Now Biden specifically - I don't mind, he's a very moderate Dem and part of the old guard who still know what's what in the world. I think he brings a modicum of normalcy to US outward appearance and his actions in regards to C19 are correct. I do think that he bungled up Afghanistan withdrawal and the fallout is only really starting. I also think that he's probably way too old for the job.

In my opinion anyone older than 70 should not be a president to begin with, the body just can't handle this and this can adversely affect millions. I'm sure that we will have (acting) President Harris before long.
    Like I said, a purely-selfish mentality... which may be even worse.