Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Never made it past the login servers yesterday. Got home from work 2 hours ago and just finished a 2 hour queue, only to have the game lock up and close completely on the character select screen. When getting back on, was placed in a 2.5 hour queue. So yeah pretty smooth on my end

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    I Simply asked you which metrics those would be from your statement here :
    My point there is it wouldn't matter - whatever metrics they used, people would say they were meaningless. A point you then proved was correct, but suggesting some metrics and basically saying they were meaningless lol!

LOL @ poor argumentation. Son you don't even have argument, you're just waving your hands like someone in a Key & Peele sketch or something at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Uhm no.

Vanilla = 15 years old, SL = 0 days old.
    What the fuck lol?!? Is this a joke? You think there's more nostalgia for something 0 days old than 16 years old?
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

My realm has been down for hours at a time. So for me. No

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I think that last time I turned on WM since the alliance buff was introduced is during past lockdown in march/April/may to farm the rajani war serpent (way more groups with wm on no idea why).

No way I’ll turn it on never ever unless to do that kind of stuff again.

I even level alts with wm off. Stuck into PvP servers since day one of Vanilla, now I’m enjoying the game the safe and relaxed way.
    what's this ally buff? I just came back for Shadowlands

And I'm sorry to hear, i did try out Uldum a week ago and got farmed by a raid group... goddamn Stormrage alliance scum! xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

Likely they sharded way too much. But that is better than not sharding enough.
    been loving it now that i found a good spot to skin stuff at and barely any one bothers me

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Wod, legion and BFA were better. BFA just had issues after "launch" with zones being laggy as hell

So no. Realm being down for 3 hour and not being able to play isnt "smoothest"
    Draenor EU was unplayable for days in BfA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    what's this ally buff? I just came back for Shadowlands

And I'm sorry to hear, i did try out Uldum a week ago and got farmed by a raid group... goddamn Stormrage alliance scum! xD

- - - Updated - - -

been loving it now that i found a good spot to skin stuff at and barely any one bothers me
    I call it alliance buff because it was introduced some time after war mode in order for the bonus percentage given by WM to be higher if your faction was outnumbered in WM on mode because almost everyone into it had WM off.

This was because in most realms there were far more Horde than Alliance in WM mode, making it mostly unplayable for them, even in Kul’Tiras (their zone). When this change came out many Alliance turned WM on in order to have the major buff, so for me (horde) it became impossible to do WQ in Kul’Tiras since all the spots were heavily camped. I turned it off back then, never turned it on again (didn’t mind the buff anymore) and never regretted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Classic had 1,300,000.
    Classic was hyped up AF and reached into all generations of wow players and it was not midnight I think. The classic is certainly a success, but no where near to the hype levels which people had at the start.£

Orgrimmar before launch was a shitshow. But after the launch, it has been really good for the most part. Seems like they've learned their lesson.. Or we have a huge drop on player participation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Draenor EU was unplayable for days in BfA
    Most big realms were. Same in Legion and WoD.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    My 3rd smooth launch in a row (4th including Classic) and I played on midnight every time. Could we finally just laugh at people who doomsay about servers crashing before every launch?

And yeah, I know few realms had problem like always, probably overcrowded servers will be problem until Blizzard introduce some kind of megaserver. It's not like we are far away, only guilds (but we have communities), mythic raids (still rest is cross realms and even mythic raids get it during tier) and gold/economy are left, and only last one is issue that could create resistance from some players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    My 3rd smooth launch in a row (4th including Classic) and I played on midnight every time. Could we finally just laugh at people who doomsay about servers crashing before every launch?

And yeah, I know few realms had problem like always, probably overcrowded servers will be problem until Blizzard introduce some kind of megaserver. It's not like we are far away, only guilds (but we have communities), mythic raids (still rest is cross realms and even mythic raids get it during tier) and gold/economy are left, and only last one is issue that could create resistance from some players.
    The overcrowded servers are only an issue for a few weeks until the initial wave of returning players inevitably dies down. Not worth it for Blizzard to invest a lot into such a temporary problem.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Sure it was fine... but man, I barely see anyone during leveling. And I am on a full realm. Man, I miss old times where hundreds of players spammed one character...

But yea, playable game >>> lag fest.

Smooth as butter for me in EU on Argent Dawn. Kinda surprised not to be hitting log in queues actually.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The overcrowded servers are only an issue for a few weeks until the initial wave of returning players inevitably dies down. Not worth it for Blizzard to invest a lot into such a temporary problem.
    More like few hours on launch + probably some evenings this week. I'm not saying Blizzard should make megaserver to solve specifically this issue, I just think game goes in that direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion was smoother for me, i had weird dc for no reason, stuck once game refuse to dc or do anything, but still nothing bad at all as like pre-legion launches
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    My point there is it wouldn't matter - whatever metrics they used, people would say they were meaningless. A point you then proved was correct, but suggesting some metrics and basically saying they were meaningless lol!

LOL @ poor argumentation. Son you don't even have argument, you're just waving your hands like someone in a Key & Peele sketch or something at this point.

What the fuck lol?!? Is this a joke? You think there's more nostalgia for something 0 days old than 16 years old?
    If it was better it would be more popular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Classic was hyped up AF and reached into all generations of wow players and it was not midnight I think. The classic is certainly a success, but no where near to the hype levels which people had at the start.£
    So was SL it sold "record copies"

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I have only encountered one annoying bug in the Maw that was solved by relogging. Other than that it really was smooth sail 0 issues for me.

I had no launch issues at all and I was there the moment it went live.

We even have issues now on Kazzak lol

Can't tell, since I can't play...

Kazzak-EU have had more downtime than uptime. Hour long queue times, black screen on character select and the infamous "stuck on 80%"-loading bar when you manage to get past the black screen.

Not to mention the 15s+ delay on looting, accepting/turning in quests etc... Or the fact that the Kazzak world server have crashed more times than I've kept count of at this point.

I can't relate to any people that say they had problems.

Relogged to my main 20 minutes before launch (Burning Legion - EU). No lags. At midnight there was just a bit of lag for accepting the first q and going into portal. After that it was all smooth and without any major bugs, lags, without any crashes or cd I have leveled up to 60 yesterday. The only place I have encountered a lag was in my first dungeon run. Did more runs, skirmishes and a BG and no lags, even at the peak hours.